• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:03
CEST 18:03
KST 01:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7173 users

D Ranks Teamleague - Page 17

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 38 Next All
Djagulingu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany3605 Posts
November 26 2011 18:56 GMT
#321
On November 27 2011 03:35 Holgerius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2011 03:13 konadora wrote:
I sent this PM to my team captain, and I quote exactly...
I played against sgs.gorg tonight, and had slayers_master and another sgs member obsing. i used a strategy that relied heavily on nukes, if they failed it was over for me. apparently because i used an orthodox strategy, gorg felt i was "too high rank" for the tournament... i think i played pretty bad, and i really do keep losing to D and D+ players on iccup because i haven't played in half a year or so. so i thought i could participate and try to use some fun builds as well, but people think that i'm just using it to have fun with lower ranked players. i think to avoid any such things from happening in the future, i think i'll withdraw. :/


it's' true that i was C- a couple of seasons back, but i took like half a year worth off from BW because i didnt have a comp and cause of studies. i started playing a bit more like a week before signups closed, and I realised my skill dropped pretty harshly, that I lost to D players. That's why I thought I could participate, since I was probably in the D+-ish range, but apparently people are rating my current skills as too high, and my previous season's records don't help against my stand. i think to prevent further upsets, I'll be withdrawing. it was fun while it lasted. gg, and all the best for the rest of the tourney. go team gg no re

Nooo, I was looking forward to kicking your ass.

Me too, I even learned to micro my mutalisks
"windows bash is a steaming heap of shit" tofucake
DerpDog
Profile Joined October 2010
Korea (North)62 Posts
November 26 2011 19:28 GMT
#322
On November 27 2011 03:13 konadora wrote:
I sent this PM to my team captain, and I quote exactly...
Show nested quote +
I played against sgs.gorg tonight, and had slayers_master and another sgs member obsing. i used a strategy that relied heavily on nukes, if they failed it was over for me. apparently because i used an orthodox strategy, gorg felt i was "too high rank" for the tournament... i think i played pretty bad, and i really do keep losing to D and D+ players on iccup because i haven't played in half a year or so. so i thought i could participate and try to use some fun builds as well, but people think that i'm just using it to have fun with lower ranked players. i think to avoid any such things from happening in the future, i think i'll withdraw. :/


it's' true that i was C- a couple of seasons back, but i took like half a year worth off from BW because i didnt have a comp and cause of studies. i started playing a bit more like a week before signups closed, and I realised my skill dropped pretty harshly, that I lost to D players. That's why I thought I could participate, since I was probably in the D+-ish range, but apparently people are rating my current skills as too high, and my previous season's records don't help against my stand. i think to prevent further upsets, I'll be withdrawing. it was fun while it lasted. gg, and all the best for the rest of the tourney. go team gg no re


I don't think that's necessary at all. There are other players who have been C- at one point in this tournament and I see no problem with it as long as you're not actually smurfing (which I don't think you are?). There is a huge difference between high D+ and D-, so a D- can easily feel completely outmatched by a D+ without anyone breaking any rules. That being said, if someone is clearly smurfing and several people complain about the same person being far too good for this league, I think Cobalt will be willing to have a look at it. No need to withdraw just because one person complains, although if there were other reasons for him to be angry (such as BM or distractions), that might call for a disqualification or something, but it's up for Cobalt to decide.
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
November 26 2011 19:30 GMT
#323
On November 27 2011 03:37 George_the_man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2011 03:13 konadora wrote:
I sent this PM to my team captain, and I quote exactly...
I played against sgs.gorg tonight, and had slayers_master and another sgs member obsing. i used a strategy that relied heavily on nukes, if they failed it was over for me. apparently because i used an orthodox strategy, gorg felt i was "too high rank" for the tournament... i think i played pretty bad, and i really do keep losing to D and D+ players on iccup because i haven't played in half a year or so. so i thought i could participate and try to use some fun builds as well, but people think that i'm just using it to have fun with lower ranked players. i think to avoid any such things from happening in the future, i think i'll withdraw. :/


it's' true that i was C- a couple of seasons back, but i took like half a year worth off from BW because i didnt have a comp and cause of studies. i started playing a bit more like a week before signups closed, and I realised my skill dropped pretty harshly, that I lost to D players. That's why I thought I could participate, since I was probably in the D+-ish range, but apparently people are rating my current skills as too high, and my previous season's records don't help against my stand. i think to prevent further upsets, I'll be withdrawing. it was fun while it lasted. gg, and all the best for the rest of the tourney. go team gg no re


what kind of bullshit is that? first of all i dont know why ure bringing this here , making me look like whining dude which im not.
Second is yeah well i knew ure better than me , i saw ure off race winning against C- lvl players 1 week ago (when meanwhile im begginner who plays that game for less than month and just wanted to have fun in that tournament) , but i was fine with it,
i was preparing some timing push to snipe you that failed sadly.

The thing why i got frustrated is because the entire game i felt like ure just playing with me (+ ur teammate made smily faces during game without ac on ) , even ur teammate said u could have easily be done with this game 30 mins earlier , and that was what i didnt like, i mean u can be better the opponent its np but that was just made me look like horrible noob which im probably am. uncool and humiliating.

But yeah u are right u didnt play it good i was surprised ure much worse than i expected u to be ure defienietely on that lvl i just suck vs unordinary things , i dont know why u bring that drama on here unless u want some followup to what happened.


Honestly I don't see any drama. He just said that people felt that maybe his skills were too high for this league. If anything it sounds like he wants to avoid drama by just withdrawing even though he may not be at C- skill.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
hewley
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1063 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-26 19:36:47
November 26 2011 19:36 GMT
#324
nvm wrong button
Esports bubble pop, bubble pop
George_the_man
Profile Joined May 2011
796 Posts
November 26 2011 19:41 GMT
#325
once again i dont understand why bring it here... if i wanted to complain i would create post like that... im surprised konadora made that post.. dont see a reason to do that ..
TinyToad
Profile Joined November 2011
Mexico2 Posts
November 26 2011 20:28 GMT
#326
Rank: D//D-
ICCUP account: TinyToad
Race: Zerg
LittLeLives
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States692 Posts
November 26 2011 21:25 GMT
#327
Ah, I slept in.
Even though I wasn't in the lineup, I still intended to show up at least.
I shouldn't have as much uni work next week so I think I'll be fine then.
Sorry GGNORE.

Konadora, I always thought you signed up as our coach anyway since you had the most experience out of all of us.
Keep training us.
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
November 27 2011 04:05 GMT
#328
KONAAAAAAAAAAAA </3

who cares if u were c- few seasons ago. i 1v1'd c-/c people like 4 seasons back and i still can't break d+ lol means nothing
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
November 27 2011 05:06 GMT
#329
kona TL loves you
don't hurt e-sports, bro
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
t0ssboy
Profile Joined August 2011
Bulgaria681 Posts
November 27 2011 08:47 GMT
#330
Kona come back bro <3
Courage is doing what you are afraid to do.There can be no courage if there is no fear.
Phustus
Profile Joined July 2008
Canada81 Posts
November 27 2011 09:07 GMT
#331
can people still join in on this?
sluggaslamoo
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Australia4494 Posts
November 27 2011 17:35 GMT
#332
That's odd, 2nd week results don't seem to have been posted.
Come play Android Netrunner - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409008
CobaltBlu
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States919 Posts
November 27 2011 20:28 GMT
#333
I'm less worried about someone like Kona who has been inactive for six months than I am about the people who signed up knowing the time but are super in-active. That's kind of lame for all the active teams who do show up and then don't have anyone to play against. -_- I hope Kona decides to not quit or at least work as some sort of coach for that team but that is up to him.

On November 27 2011 18:07 Phustus wrote:
can people still join in on this?


Please go ahead and sign up.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
November 28 2011 00:00 GMT
#334

[image loading]Skeggaba<<Fighting Spirit>>[image loading]Holgerius

Lo, what a glorious sight to behold!

Long live the mighty and splendiferous king! Long live Holgerius!

Amarite?
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
DerpDog
Profile Joined October 2010
Korea (North)62 Posts
November 28 2011 00:19 GMT
#335
On November 28 2011 09:00 Holgerius wrote:
Show nested quote +

[image loading]Skeggaba<<Fighting Spirit>>[image loading]Holgerius

Lo, what a glorious sight to behold!

Long live the mighty and splendiferous king! Long live Holgerius!

Amarite?


Hi!

+ Show Spoiler +
Team 3 > Team Freedom
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
November 28 2011 00:37 GMT
#336
On November 28 2011 09:19 DerpDog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 09:00 Holgerius wrote:

[image loading]Skeggaba<<Fighting Spirit>>[image loading]Holgerius

Lo, what a glorious sight to behold!

Long live the mighty and splendiferous king! Long live Holgerius!

Amarite?


Hi!

+ Show Spoiler +
Team 3 > Team Freedom

Oh come on, you just ruined all my fun.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
S2Glow
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Singapore1042 Posts
November 28 2011 01:09 GMT
#337
i want to sign up too :O , D+ terran
<3 Katelyn , C Zerg. Dying wish is to watch proleague live and see my girlfriend which gonna be soon! <33
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
November 28 2011 03:49 GMT
#338
On November 28 2011 10:09 S2Glow wrote:
i want to sign up too :O , D+ terran


Aren't you like a C zerg? I think several other people asked to do the same thing and weren't allowed to.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Djagulingu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany3605 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-28 19:47:46
November 28 2011 19:47 GMT
#339
I'm announcing our latest recruit: sGs.Porkbarrel, C level Zerg player.

+ Show Spoiler +
He's not recruited as a player though, he's our coach
"windows bash is a steaming heap of shit" tofucake
DerpDog
Profile Joined October 2010
Korea (North)62 Posts
November 28 2011 20:56 GMT
#340
On November 29 2011 04:47 Djagulingu wrote:
I'm announcing our latest recruit: sGs.Porkbarrel, C level Zerg player.

+ Show Spoiler +
He's not recruited as a player though, he's our coach


There is no way Porkbarrel is playing for you guys.

+ Show Spoiler +
But coaching is fine and he's really knowledgeable and helpful! Nice pick. :D
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 38 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
SteadfastSC 136
Rex 42
UpATreeSC 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33998
Calm 3430
Shuttle 2301
Jaedong 1732
Mini 635
Horang2 578
EffOrt 500
Soma 321
Rush 293
Stork 289
[ Show more ]
Soulkey 251
ZerO 219
Larva 217
BeSt 187
Snow 161
firebathero 116
Mong 100
Zeus 91
910 81
hero 79
Mind 71
sorry 44
Hyun 43
Free 37
Shinee 36
Sharp 35
Shine 30
ToSsGirL 28
Yoon 28
PianO 24
Killer 23
Aegong 21
JYJ 21
Bale 19
Terrorterran 18
Sexy 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Trap 14
Rock 12
HiyA 12
Sacsri 10
Hm[arnc] 10
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc5693
Dendi1247
420jenkins228
Counter-Strike
fl0m3787
x6flipin640
Fnx 78
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King76
ChuDatz31
Other Games
singsing2146
Liquid`RaSZi1222
hiko655
B2W.Neo647
dupreeh511
ceh9345
crisheroes323
RotterdaM319
Khaldor291
Livibee196
TKL 173
QueenE111
Trikslyr93
Dewaltoss62
ZerO(Twitch)16
Beastyqt12
C9.Mang00
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV261
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH293
• Hinosc 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3560
• WagamamaTV427
League of Legends
• Nemesis2621
Other Games
• Shiphtur755
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 57m
INu's Battles
18h 57m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
20h 57m
OSC
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.