• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:43
CEST 21:43
KST 04:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8203 users

[Guide] The Stove - Page 12

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 All
art_of_turtle
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
United States1210 Posts
August 18 2014 00:57 GMT
#221
On August 18 2014 02:07 Falling wrote:
I submit that the Stove still works in the modern era, and against a better player. Just so long as they don't know about the build (so I suppose bumping this thread is counter productive.)

On the docket: Evidence A

Mind you it IS modified based on a Nightmarjaroo's replay. But I liked it because it relies on your opponent scouting you and seeing everything is normal, rather than blocking and being super suspicious early game. It delays tech a little, but gives me a small strike force.

And of course Confidence is key.

(Sorry Qikz, this is a brag post of sorts, but if it is any consolation, I did it because I didn't want to face your drop play.)

its all good. I remember watching that rep and talking to qikz on how to deal with it. That build as chef says only works on players who don't know what is going on. Despa won't fall for that again!!
Flash should fear Sacsri
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
August 18 2014 04:41 GMT
#222
Are you really gonna brag about beating someone who just got passed D+ for the first time in a PvT with that bo?
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-18 06:09:01
August 18 2014 06:08 GMT
#223
On August 18 2014 13:41 puppykiller wrote:
Are you really gonna brag about beating someone who just got passed D+ for the first time in a PvT with that bo?

why shouldn't he? It's all in good fun and shows that the stove still has a place even if its more of a surprise build. Also, Qikz is C- now though I dunno how he would rate his TvP.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
August 18 2014 06:31 GMT
#224
On August 18 2014 13:41 puppykiller wrote:
Are you really gonna brag about beating someone who just got passed D+ for the first time in a PvT with that bo?

When I've never gotten past 1700 on iccup, sure.
But C- you mean for Qikz.

But jokes, man. Qikz and I are cool (I think).
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-18 07:36:41
August 18 2014 07:36 GMT
#225
On August 18 2014 15:31 Falling wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2014 13:41 puppykiller wrote:
Are you really gonna brag about beating someone who just got passed D+ for the first time in a PvT with that bo?

When I've never gotten past 1700 on iccup, sure.
But C- you mean for Qikz.

But jokes, man. Qikz and I are cool (I think).

I dunno, if I was Qikz, I would be pretty pissed about losing to the stove He's probably scheming as we speak!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
August 18 2014 08:14 GMT
#226
On August 18 2014 15:31 Falling wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2014 13:41 puppykiller wrote:
Are you really gonna brag about beating someone who just got passed D+ for the first time in a PvT with that bo?

When I've never gotten past 1700 on iccup, sure.
But C- you mean for Qikz.

But jokes, man. Qikz and I are cool (I think).

Yes, that's what he means.

Once you pass D+ you get C-.
puppykiller
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States3137 Posts
August 18 2014 20:27 GMT
#227
I couldn't type C- because I had spilled water on my keyboard yesterday and the "c" key wasn't working.

But still like really? Usually people don't like it when you show reps of winning with strats like this. This is the sort of strat you use to shit on someone else. I think that it is pretty BM to post it.
Why would I play sctoo when I can play BW?
Falling
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada11607 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-18 21:21:58
August 18 2014 20:55 GMT
#228
Fair enough, but I didn't see it as a bm build.
I was matched up against Qikz, and I knew he usually does drop play. With my practice partners, I was absolutely failing to defend drop play on Aztec, but I remembered this build which is completely wonky and I wanted to throw him off his game with something weird. Dictate the flow of play if you will. (And if I was going to lose, I wanted to lose, failing at the Stove rather than just fizzling out as most of my poor defence vs drop plays were going. Go out in the blaze of glory.)

And it happened to work, and so I thought I'd post a successful game between two relatively even opponents. (I feel like you are approaching this as though I'm some B+ player stomping D newbies or something.) The 'bragging' part was a joke, but if Qikz truly feels I'm bm'ing him, he's free to open double rax proxy in my base or whatever and post that. I guess it could be interpreted as bm, but that was never the intention in selecting it as a strat in the first place.
ModeratorWake me up when Trump's term is finished. Slava Ukraini.
worosei
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia198 Posts
August 19 2014 00:43 GMT
#229
someone please use this in the reunion tournament...
Chameleon
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States604 Posts
August 31 2014 10:25 GMT
#230
A win with the Stove is cause for universal Protoss celebration. We're duty bound to share them. Cheers!
TL's #1 Horang2 fan
MisterBoba
Profile Joined January 2020
Russian Federation121 Posts
March 31 2020 21:08 GMT
#231
How defense vs 5 fact all-in? Goliath range make hard for arbiter not die also.
If enjoyed way you spend time, then it was not waste time )
LUCKY_NOOB
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
Bulgaria1605 Posts
April 10 2020 08:26 GMT
#232
Here is an example from at least 10 years ago C/C-
The hardest variation is to make a DA with Mind Control get an SCV and nuke the Terran.



ko-fi.com/luckynoob
Prev 1 10 11 12 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1581
RotterdaM928
TaKeTV 357
IndyStarCraft 192
SteadfastSC157
ZombieGrub88
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1581
RotterdaM 928
IndyStarCraft 192
MaxPax 164
SteadfastSC 157
RuFF_SC2 137
ZombieGrub88
UpATreeSC 74
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2722
Shuttle 505
Dewaltoss 117
910 70
Mind 58
Bale 16
Counter-Strike
fl0m3972
pashabiceps1399
Fnx 678
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4837
Liquid`Hasu584
Other Games
Beastyqt843
mouzStarbuck428
shahzam342
ToD197
summit1g186
C9.Mang0152
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 158
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 19
• 80smullet 16
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade344
Other Games
• imaqtpie860
• Shiphtur325
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 17m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 17m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.