• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:44
CEST 00:44
KST 07:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12468 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 46

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 488 Next
Phyrigian
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
New Zealand1332 Posts
November 04 2011 06:45 GMT
#901
--- Nuked ---
CaffeineFree-_-
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States712 Posts
November 04 2011 13:21 GMT
#902
On November 04 2011 14:29 NationInArms wrote:
Thanks for the responses! Another question though, what is the Fake Double BO in TvP you use when you're just expanding without a wall. There's different BOs on liquipedia.

Your better off doing 11/11 for the faster factory unless you wanna 12/12 and just play defensive. Personally if I'm not walling I'm FDing I'm not a huge fan of the 3marine siege expo. Just make sure you have decent kiting micro,
We say we love flowers, yet we pluck them. We say we love trees, yet we cut them down. And people still wonder why some are afraid when told they are loved
Retgery
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1229 Posts
November 05 2011 13:22 GMT
#903
In a PvT me as toss, when should I be looking to take my 3rd base, nad how many gates should I be on when I take the base? When should I switch my focus from Econ. and tech. and focus on macroing army.
Fall down 7 times, stand up 8.
Mottz
Profile Joined September 2010
Portugal101 Posts
November 06 2011 00:39 GMT
#904
On November 05 2011 22:22 Retgery wrote:
In a PvT me as toss, when should I be looking to take my 3rd base, nad how many gates should I be on when I take the base? When should I switch my focus from Econ. and tech. and focus on macroing army.

Depends on yours and your opponent openings, assuming your opponent went for some sort of 1fact expansion, or rax expo, you should take a 3rd with 3 or 4 gates depending on how late your observers are.
JMave
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Singapore1806 Posts
November 06 2011 03:48 GMT
#905
On November 05 2011 22:22 Retgery wrote:
In a PvT me as toss, when should I be looking to take my 3rd base, nad how many gates should I be on when I take the base? When should I switch my focus from Econ. and tech. and focus on macroing army.


i actually think if he siege expands and you manage to prevent scouting, you can get your third base before you add on another gateway.

gate count and timing comes with practice. usually, gates are added before the 3rd completes so that you have that monster eco to support then just in time.
火心 Jealous. I always loved that feeling when I was young. Embrace it.
NationInArms
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1553 Posts
November 06 2011 04:43 GMT
#906
On November 04 2011 22:21 CaffeineFree-_- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2011 14:29 NationInArms wrote:
Thanks for the responses! Another question though, what is the Fake Double BO in TvP you use when you're just expanding without a wall. There's different BOs on liquipedia.

Your better off doing 11/11 for the faster factory unless you wanna 12/12 and just play defensive. Personally if I'm not walling I'm FDing I'm not a huge fan of the 3marine siege expo. Just make sure you have decent kiting micro,

When I FD, do I need to push out to the P base? Or is it ok for me just to put mines around the map and transition into timing push or flash build.
BW for life | Fantasy, MMA, SlayerS_Boxer | Taengoo! n_n | "Lelouch vi Britannia commands you! Obey me, subjects! OBEY ME, WORLD!" | <3 Emi
JMave
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Singapore1806 Posts
November 06 2011 12:38 GMT
#907
fd on python for example is better because if you siege expand, he can still hide his goons at the natural gas and will delay you considerably before you can get your cc down. going fd allows you to build cc at your natural and to lay mines in front of your nat to hold his goons back temporarily.

the mines from the first 2 vultures should be used defensively if you dont push out and you can move the third out to check out when he expands and stuff.
火心 Jealous. I always loved that feeling when I was young. Embrace it.
Retgery
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1229 Posts
November 07 2011 01:15 GMT
#908
I just played against a huge pussy of a zerg who only made, sucks and spores for the first 30 minutes and proceded to tech to mass devourer gaurdian. He had a massive army and refused to attack so we ended up in an hour long stalemate of him taunting me. Sitting behind dozens of sunks and spores. This went on for aout an hour until I just left, cuase I was bored. My question is "What should I tech to in this situation?" Since he was turtling i expanded and had about 6 bases, while he harassed them with his airforce. Should I have just gone mass Scout/Corsair. Keep in mind he had DOZENS of spores there was no hole for me to poke through with shuttles to get at him.
Fall down 7 times, stand up 8.
JMave
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Singapore1806 Posts
November 07 2011 01:24 GMT
#909
On November 07 2011 10:15 Retgery wrote:
I just played against a huge pussy of a zerg who only made, sucks and spores for the first 30 minutes and proceded to tech to mass devourer gaurdian. He had a massive army and refused to attack so we ended up in an hour long stalemate of him taunting me. Sitting behind dozens of sunks and spores. This went on for aout an hour until I just left, cuase I was bored. My question is "What should I tech to in this situation?" Since he was turtling i expanded and had about 6 bases, while he harassed them with his airforce. Should I have just gone mass Scout/Corsair. Keep in mind he had DOZENS of spores there was no hole for me to poke through with shuttles to get at him.


its quite hard to give a proper answer without a replay. sorry.
火心 Jealous. I always loved that feeling when I was young. Embrace it.
Retgery
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1229 Posts
November 07 2011 01:45 GMT
#910
On November 07 2011 10:24 JMave wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2011 10:15 Retgery wrote:
I just played against a huge pussy of a zerg who only made, sucks and spores for the first 30 minutes and proceded to tech to mass devourer gaurdian. He had a massive army and refused to attack so we ended up in an hour long stalemate of him taunting me. Sitting behind dozens of sunks and spores. This went on for aout an hour until I just left, cuase I was bored. My question is "What should I tech to in this situation?" Since he was turtling i expanded and had about 6 bases, while he harassed them with his airforce. Should I have just gone mass Scout/Corsair. Keep in mind he had DOZENS of spores there was no hole for me to poke through with shuttles to get at him.


its quite hard to give a proper answer without a replay. sorry.

I would eb more than happy to provide one, I just don't know how to do it with a brood war replay. Care to enlighten me?
Fall down 7 times, stand up 8.
xxpack09
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2160 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-07 02:37:19
November 07 2011 02:36 GMT
#911
On November 07 2011 10:45 Retgery wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2011 10:24 JMave wrote:
On November 07 2011 10:15 Retgery wrote:
I just played against a huge pussy of a zerg who only made, sucks and spores for the first 30 minutes and proceded to tech to mass devourer gaurdian. He had a massive army and refused to attack so we ended up in an hour long stalemate of him taunting me. Sitting behind dozens of sunks and spores. This went on for aout an hour until I just left, cuase I was bored. My question is "What should I tech to in this situation?" Since he was turtling i expanded and had about 6 bases, while he harassed them with his airforce. Should I have just gone mass Scout/Corsair. Keep in mind he had DOZENS of spores there was no hole for me to poke through with shuttles to get at him.


its quite hard to give a proper answer without a replay. sorry.

I would eb more than happy to provide one, I just don't know how to do it with a brood war replay. Care to enlighten me?


repdepot.net
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
November 07 2011 02:50 GMT
#912
What is the best unit compo vs carriers in late game since i stugle alot vs carriers are terran
Thanks!
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
November 07 2011 02:57 GMT
#913
On November 07 2011 11:50 LightningStrike wrote:
What is the best unit compo vs carriers in late game since i stugle alot vs carriers are terran
Thanks!

Upgraded goliaths, lots and lots of them. If you have the money and think you can catch them off guard then cloaked wraiths (scan + snipe the observer) can take out a lot of carriers too. Goliaths are you're #1 weapon against carriers though.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
JMave
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Singapore1806 Posts
November 07 2011 03:15 GMT
#914
On November 07 2011 11:50 LightningStrike wrote:
What is the best unit compo vs carriers in late game since i stugle alot vs carriers are terran
Thanks!

the important point vs carriers is +2 weapons. which is why flash build is so strong because of the fast third gas and you can support a switch to goliaths really fast. the important thing vs carriers isn't so much the composition but the timing and how well you can read his moves.

a more direct answer is goliaths. i don't really like wraiths because they are too fragile and you have to transition to wraiths so i prefer goliaths generally.
火心 Jealous. I always loved that feeling when I was young. Embrace it.
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
November 07 2011 08:36 GMT
#915
On November 04 2011 14:15 hydrogg wrote:
How do you stop Siege Tanks with medic and marines before you get defilers/guardians?
Lurkers get scanned right away, Multitasks get killed by the marines, and Zerglings get killed by the tanks.
Are queens the only option?

This is not a simple question, with a simple answer.
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
blubbdavid
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Switzerland2412 Posts
November 07 2011 13:20 GMT
#916
On November 07 2011 10:15 Retgery wrote:
I just played against a huge pussy of a zerg who only made, sucks and spores for the first 30 minutes and proceded to tech to mass devourer gaurdian. He had a massive army and refused to attack so we ended up in an hour long stalemate of him taunting me. Sitting behind dozens of sunks and spores. This went on for aout an hour until I just left, cuase I was bored. My question is "What should I tech to in this situation?" Since he was turtling i expanded and had about 6 bases, while he harassed them with his airforce. Should I have just gone mass Scout/Corsair. Keep in mind he had DOZENS of spores there was no hole for me to poke through with shuttles to get at him.

Reaver and D-web, obviously.
What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all other? Whatever you desire - that is here. Tower of God ¦¦Nutella, drink of the Gods
therockmanxx
Profile Joined July 2010
Peru1174 Posts
November 07 2011 18:56 GMT
#917
On November 07 2011 22:20 blubbdavid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2011 10:15 Retgery wrote:
I just played against a huge pussy of a zerg who only made, sucks and spores for the first 30 minutes and proceded to tech to mass devourer gaurdian. He had a massive army and refused to attack so we ended up in an hour long stalemate of him taunting me. Sitting behind dozens of sunks and spores. This went on for aout an hour until I just left, cuase I was bored. My question is "What should I tech to in this situation?" Since he was turtling i expanded and had about 6 bases, while he harassed them with his airforce. Should I have just gone mass Scout/Corsair. Keep in mind he had DOZENS of spores there was no hole for me to poke through with shuttles to get at him.

Reaver and D-web, obviously.


Dont play fastest LOL
Tekken ProGamer
RUCoordinator
Profile Joined September 2011
United States39 Posts
November 08 2011 20:18 GMT
#918
On November 08 2011 03:56 therockmanxx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2011 22:20 blubbdavid wrote:
On November 07 2011 10:15 Retgery wrote:
I just played against a huge pussy of a zerg who only made, sucks and spores for the first 30 minutes and proceded to tech to mass devourer gaurdian. He had a massive army and refused to attack so we ended up in an hour long stalemate of him taunting me. Sitting behind dozens of sunks and spores. This went on for aout an hour until I just left, cuase I was bored. My question is "What should I tech to in this situation?" Since he was turtling i expanded and had about 6 bases, while he harassed them with his airforce. Should I have just gone mass Scout/Corsair. Keep in mind he had DOZENS of spores there was no hole for me to poke through with shuttles to get at him.

Reaver and D-web, obviously.


Dont play fastest LOL


They don't either LOL
I'm on the Internet cause I'm an Internet thug.
CaffeineFree-_-
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States712 Posts
November 08 2011 21:28 GMT
#919
On November 06 2011 13:43 NationInArms wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2011 22:21 CaffeineFree-_- wrote:
On November 04 2011 14:29 NationInArms wrote:
Thanks for the responses! Another question though, what is the Fake Double BO in TvP you use when you're just expanding without a wall. There's different BOs on liquipedia.

Your better off doing 11/11 for the faster factory unless you wanna 12/12 and just play defensive. Personally if I'm not walling I'm FDing I'm not a huge fan of the 3marine siege expo. Just make sure you have decent kiting micro,

When I FD, do I need to push out to the P base? Or is it ok for me just to put mines around the map and transition into timing push or flash build.

To be honest you should to get some map control and get some mines out on the map. While you can do a 'defensive' fd you still need to push out a bit because if you just sit in your nat with mines, in my experience a decent toss will be able to defuse mines and you'll have to try to micro him. So if he 2 gates you can push out against his first 3/4 goons but once his next wave of goon come out I'd retreat and then sent vults to mine the path to your base.

You can definitely transition into a timing push with either a siege expo or FD. Siege will give you faster adding factories and fd will give you units early for some psuedo 1/2 fact push against like 1 gate triple nex. I find siege into 3 base will lead into more tanks earlier and you can creep out more, and fd is more vult heavy and you'll have both ups for it sooner(speed after 2nd fact and you already got mines) and you'll run around the map more with vults and slowly build up tanks.
We say we love flowers, yet we pluck them. We say we love trees, yet we cut them down. And people still wonder why some are afraid when told they are loved
NiNLicorice
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden84 Posts
November 12 2011 16:03 GMT
#920
SC2 player here, been playing BW mods in sc2 and it really is fun for me, and I'm wondering what is the diffrences between the mods and real BW excluding graphics/feeling?
I'm thinking of buying SC:BW maybe slightly after Christmas or something, and I wonder if as long as I got players to play with on SC2 BW mods it's pretty much the same.
Or should I just throw down 15€ on the table and buy BW?
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 488 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O144
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11291
Artosis 400
White-Ra 183
ZZZero.O 144
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm161
League of Legends
Doublelift4992
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4422
Other Games
summit1g9491
FrodaN2611
Liquid`RaSZi2001
C9.Mang0279
ToD269
Livibee197
Pyrionflax117
Maynarde64
Mew2King44
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1081
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 125
• musti20045 34
• HeavenSC 30
• Sammyuel 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1469
• Shiphtur643
• Scarra438
Upcoming Events
OSC
16m
Replay Cast
16m
OSC
13h 16m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.