• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:41
CEST 07:41
KST 14:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7713 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 47

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 488 Next
JMave
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Singapore1806 Posts
November 12 2011 17:11 GMT
#921
On November 13 2011 01:03 Licorices wrote:
SC2 player here, been playing BW mods in sc2 and it really is fun for me, and I'm wondering what is the diffrences between the mods and real BW excluding graphics/feeling?
I'm thinking of buying SC:BW maybe slightly after Christmas or something, and I wonder if as long as I got players to play with on SC2 BW mods it's pretty much the same.
Or should I just throw down 15€ on the table and buy BW?

The mod is probably quite a close match but maybe it misses out certain things as well. I would just get BW if I were you.
火心 Jealous. I always loved that feeling when I was young. Embrace it.
NiNLicorice
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden84 Posts
November 12 2011 17:15 GMT
#922
On November 13 2011 02:11 JMave wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 13 2011 01:03 Licorices wrote:
SC2 player here, been playing BW mods in sc2 and it really is fun for me, and I'm wondering what is the diffrences between the mods and real BW excluding graphics/feeling?
I'm thinking of buying SC:BW maybe slightly after Christmas or something, and I wonder if as long as I got players to play with on SC2 BW mods it's pretty much the same.
Or should I just throw down 15€ on the table and buy BW?

The mod is probably quite a close match but maybe it misses out certain things as well. I would just get BW if I were you.

Yes I was really considering doing so.
But what I heard from my friend, there is alot of koreans, and very little EU/NA people, is this true?
How many people do play SC in total?
Phyrigian
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
New Zealand1332 Posts
November 12 2011 18:02 GMT
#923
--- Nuked ---
NiNLicorice
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden84 Posts
November 14 2011 07:45 GMT
#924
Thanks, I've been recommended about iccup on a stream yesterday and is playing some, even though I'm limited to my sc2 experience I'm doing fairly well but I'm looking to improve, and hopefully will do so.
Phyrigian
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
New Zealand1332 Posts
November 14 2011 17:22 GMT
#925
--- Nuked ---
NiNLicorice
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden84 Posts
November 14 2011 18:38 GMT
#926
On November 15 2011 02:22 Phyrigian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2011 16:45 Licorices wrote:
Thanks, I've been recommended about iccup on a stream yesterday and is playing some, even though I'm limited to my sc2 experience I'm doing fairly well but I'm looking to improve, and hopefully will do so.


whats your username? just the same as on here?

Yes it's the same.
UED_Jaces
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada5 Posts
November 15 2011 17:11 GMT
#927
First of all I am a D/D+ player with an average of 100-115 apm no spamming.

Recently , I realised that I'm having a really hard time beating 1rax/FE terran.

I always go classic 12 hatc 11 pool

I cant rush ling speed because most of time they have a bunker setted up !
I tried to rush lurker but he normally have either turret or scan and siege tank by then.
My muta micro is bad on Iccup due to latency so It's never effective , only if he didn't take the time to build turrets.
At only 100-115 apm , I'm not fast enought to control lings/ultra/swarm/lurker :S

-Should I get a third instantly.
-9 or 12 pool rush harrass etc..
-Skip ling speed and skipping lings to tech the faster possible

Another idea got in my mind recently but which I didn't really have the opportunity to try is , going lurker , putting em mid way between our 2 bases while on attack building mode then strike once he gets over em...

Anyways , maybe im just playing to offencif idk.
But If I just wait and build up tech , he gets like massive MnM/tanks or Gol/Tank ...
Nyways Im having a really bad time with that mu haha !!
W0otalonga
therockmanxx
Profile Joined July 2010
Peru1174 Posts
November 15 2011 18:11 GMT
#928
Just do the standar build and u need more apm thats it...
Tekken ProGamer
therockmanxx
Profile Joined July 2010
Peru1174 Posts
November 16 2011 18:20 GMT
#929
If there is a TvZ match
T player has 55% vZ
Z player has 60% vT
And the map is 55% favored to terran
What are the chances that Z player win?
Anybody who knows a about stadistic?
Tekken ProGamer
Phyrigian
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
New Zealand1332 Posts
November 16 2011 20:23 GMT
#930
--- Nuked ---
xxpack09
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2160 Posts
November 16 2011 22:03 GMT
#931
On November 17 2011 03:20 therockmanxx wrote:
If there is a TvZ match
T player has 55% vZ
Z player has 60% vT
And the map is 55% favored to terran
What are the chances that Z player win?
Anybody who knows a about stadistic?


You can't really determine it because of the whole deal with experimental vs theoretical probabilities.

So the T player has beaten 55% of the zergs he has played.... that doesn't say anything mathematically about his ability vs zerg, since we have no information on the skill of the zergs he has played.

Similarly, 55% of the games on that map have had T > Z, so what? Doesn't mean anything as individual matchups aren't specified. And then there's the implicit assumption behind this that skill is quantifiable, which causes even more problems.....

Just no. This isn't a solvable question.
Dead9
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States4725 Posts
November 17 2011 00:05 GMT
#932
Think about it this way: you roll 3 dice
One has 11 T's and 9 Z's (terran TvZ record)
One has 8 T's and 12 Z's (zerg ZvT record)
One has 11 T's and 9 Z's (map TvZ record)
2 or more Z's and Z player wins
2 or more T's and T player wins

The easiest way to find the probability of any of these happening is adding up all the separate probabilities
There are 4 different ways for Z to win: ZZZ, ZZT, ZTZ, TZZ
ZZZ: .45*.45*.6 = .1215
ZTZ: .45*.55*.6 = .1485
TZZ: .55*.45*.6 = .1485
ZZT: .45*.45*.4 = .081
sum: .4995


Obviously this doesn't take into account other factors like quality of opponents, familiarity with opponents, etc, but in terms of only the numbers Zerg has a 49.95% chance to win
therockmanxx
Profile Joined July 2010
Peru1174 Posts
November 17 2011 17:20 GMT
#933
Thanks I just wanna know the results of that match problem
Yes skill is a big factor you can denied that some games are predictable
Tekken ProGamer
Trozz
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3456 Posts
November 19 2011 21:06 GMT
#934
Speed first or mines first?
Can we get the new maps yet?
Fish or ICCup?
A build is not a guess, an estimation or a hunch, a feeling, or a foolish intuition. A build is a dependable, unwavering, unarguably accurate, portrayer of your ambition.
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-19 21:28:06
November 19 2011 21:25 GMT
#935
On November 20 2011 06:06 Trozz wrote:
Speed first or mines first?

Depends on what build you're doing, if 2 fact with 2 shops then speed first, if FD or 2 fact 1 shop then mine first. If going Siege Expo then tech speed first, unless you know they're going DT in which case earlier mines will be helpful but it's not that big a deal really and it also depends on how fast you get your second machine shop up.

Can we get the new maps yet?

Sorry, not sure about this but I don't believe so.

Fish or ICCup?

Depends on your level of play, whether Fish server is laggy for you (laggy as hell for me -_-) and whether you speak Korean.

It's definitely easier to get a game on iccup because you won't have to download every single map and get banned for slow download/generally lagging/being a foreigner but the level of play on Fish is higher. I'd say just use iccup, it's easier to set up, easier to get games, you can actually talk to people and I think it's just generally more fun.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
Golgotha
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)8418 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-19 22:30:42
November 19 2011 22:29 GMT
#936
I am having a real hard time controlling so many units in zerg. I am using 1, 2, 3, 7, 8 and 0 for army. I am using 4, 5, 6, 9, and camera locations for hatches. I have no problem hitting all my ctrl groups, I just have a management problem.

The thing I have trouble with and I am confused if I am going about it the right way is how do I attack with so many units when I have lurkers and defilers in my army. Do I send them in first? Whenever I have a burrowed lurker in my control group I cannot press A-Click and it gets annoying. So I leave them out of all ctrl groups and control them manually.

When I attack with lurkers and lings, I send my lurkers in first on move command and send the rest of my army after them. I also send defilers right after the lurkers and before the main army so I can get some swarms in. Is this the right way?

I am also wondering if I am wasting my time control grouping so many armies. Should I just use 1,2 and 3 and just click drag attack everything? I feel like half the time I am adding new units into my existing control groups so I am neat and orderly.

WWJD?

blubbdavid
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Switzerland2412 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-19 23:25:42
November 19 2011 23:20 GMT
#937
On November 20 2011 07:29 Golgotha wrote:
I am having a real hard time controlling so many units in zerg. I am using 1, 2, 3, 7, 8 and 0 for army. I am using 4, 5, 6, 9, and camera locations for hatches. I have no problem hitting all my ctrl groups, I just have a management problem.

The thing I have trouble with and I am confused if I am going about it the right way is how do I attack with so many units when I have lurkers and defilers in my army. Do I send them in first? Whenever I have a burrowed lurker in my control group I cannot press A-Click and it gets annoying. So I leave them out of all ctrl groups and control them manually.

When I attack with lurkers and lings, I send my lurkers in first on move command and send the rest of my army after them. I also send defilers right after the lurkers and before the main army so I can get some swarms in. Is this the right way?

I am also wondering if I am wasting my time control grouping so many armies. Should I just use 1,2 and 3 and just click drag attack everything? I feel like half the time I am adding new units into my existing control groups so I am neat and orderly.

WWJD?


He would watch his own FPvods. If there are some.
Maybe JD b.net attack could be helpful, but I am not sure.
What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all other? Whatever you desire - that is here. Tower of God ¦¦Nutella, drink of the Gods
rplant
Profile Joined May 2003
United States1178 Posts
November 20 2011 04:40 GMT
#938
Would the following shift click sequence work on an SCV:

1.) Build turret,
2.) Shift click repair 3 tanks, one of which isn't damaged,
3.) Shift+click move to a location
4.) Shift+click mine minerals

Sometimes it seems that shift click commands fail, but I'm not sure which ones do. I know you can't queue a command to build a building - is there any other sort of command you can't queue?
Believing in God is like believing in a teapot orbiting Mars (Edit: wow I was a douche in 2003)
lyAsakura
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1414 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-20 04:50:36
November 20 2011 04:46 GMT
#939
Late game TvP, for example on fighting spirit, I push around to one of the mains that he expo'd to. Kill the natural, and have no idea what to do! He usually has like 6 gateways in the main and there's no way I can get up that ramp without getting all my stuff stormed on the edge. So I just camp there, and as he has taken the main and nat of the other corner base (spawned cross) and there's nothing I can do about it since I can do nothing about the meager units he has at the main that I pushed to so his real army is set on defending the other corner base.

At that point, I can't take the natural of the base I pushed to since my scvs will get stormed on the edge of FS's cliff or my tanks will get stormed or just picked off by goons on the highground. Moving away from my position and pushing towards the other main will just tell him to camp the ramp again, and my third and forth bases on the side of the map are mining out and I have no clue what to do!

What would I really do in this situation?


On November 20 2011 13:40 rplant wrote:
Would the following shift click sequence work on an SCV:

1.) Build turret,
2.) Shift click repair 3 tanks, one of which isn't damaged,
3.) Shift+click move to a location
4.) Shift+click mine minerals

Sometimes it seems that shift click commands fail, but I'm not sure which ones do. I know you can't queue a command to build a building - is there any other sort of command you can't queue?


works
WeMade FOX would be a deadly SC2 team.
rplant
Profile Joined May 2003
United States1178 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-20 04:56:04
November 20 2011 04:54 GMT
#940
Edit: I misread your post. Sorry
Believing in God is like believing in a teapot orbiting Mars (Edit: wow I was a douche in 2003)
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 488 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4483
Leta 1788
Bale 49
Shine 43
ZergMaN 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm244
League of Legends
JimRising 645
Other Games
summit1g7776
WinterStarcraft598
Sick146
Mew2King32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick520
BasetradeTV207
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta60
• Letter1418
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2145
League of Legends
• Lourlo1028
• Rush772
Other Games
• Shiphtur453
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 19m
Patches Events
9h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 19m
OSC
17h 19m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.