• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:30
CEST 04:30
KST 11:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8492 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 44

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 488 Next
NationInArms
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1553 Posts
October 19 2011 02:02 GMT
#861
Does anyone have a good micro vulture map for me? All of the links I can find are dead or I can't find them.
BW for life | Fantasy, MMA, SlayerS_Boxer | Taengoo! n_n | "Lelouch vi Britannia commands you! Obey me, subjects! OBEY ME, WORLD!" | <3 Emi
erikzbi
Profile Joined May 2011
China43 Posts
October 19 2011 04:36 GMT
#862
can anyone tell me where to download sat hero version where u get a lot lot of money compared to the normal sat and u need to kill heroes?
fencer
Profile Joined October 2011
122 Posts
October 20 2011 17:03 GMT
#863
Whenever I make a "12 nexus", I find that I have to cut probe production for a few seconds even when my probe management has been seemingly flawless. Is it supposed to be that way, or am I doing something wrong?
Disc Golf is Awesome! Thought I'd throw that out there =)
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
October 20 2011 17:32 GMT
#864
On October 21 2011 02:03 fencer wrote:
Whenever I make a "12 nexus", I find that I have to cut probe production for a few seconds even when my probe management has been seemingly flawless. Is it supposed to be that way, or am I doing something wrong?


You should be able to build on 12, but you definitely shouldn't cut probes. If you cut one probe you will have about 100 minerals less by the time you are able to use the faster nexus to bring you probe count to where it would have been. If it's only a little gap, then maybe you're not splitting your probes right, but it is better to just throw it down on 13 than to cut probes.
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
Phyrigian
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
New Zealand1332 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-20 19:00:47
October 20 2011 18:58 GMT
#865
--- Nuked ---
fencer
Profile Joined October 2011
122 Posts
October 20 2011 21:17 GMT
#866
On October 21 2011 02:32 hacklebeast wrote:You should be able to build on 12, but you definitely shouldn't cut probes. If you cut one probe you will have about 100 minerals less by the time you are able to use the faster nexus to bring you probe count to where it would have been. If it's only a little gap, then maybe you're not splitting your probes right, but it is better to just throw it down on 13 than to cut probes.

Thanks, that's what I thought.
Disc Golf is Awesome! Thought I'd throw that out there =)
samiamquinn
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia137 Posts
October 20 2011 22:20 GMT
#867
Could someone recommend their favourite proleague finals? Need something to watch on a plane trip.
hacklebeast
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5090 Posts
October 20 2011 22:35 GMT
#868
jin air osl fantasy vs jangbi
nate msl flash vs jaedong
2004 ever osl boxer vs oov
daum osl ggplay vs iris
pringels 1 msl nal_ra vs savior

I think that's how I'd put my top 5 in order. But you would probably like the finals with players you already like in them.
Protoss: Best, Paralyze, Jangbi, Nal_Ra || Terran: Oov, Boxer, Fantasy, Hiya|| Zerg: Yellow, Zero
erikzbi
Profile Joined May 2011
China43 Posts
October 21 2011 04:39 GMT
#869
hey i really like jin air osl fantasy vs jangbi!
dementrio
Profile Joined November 2010
678 Posts
October 21 2011 06:49 GMT
#870
similar to the 12 nex question:
when doing a 1 rax fe, I should (?) go 15cc, 16refinery 16 depo. I never have enough money to do all this. What should I cut / delay?
Mr. Bean
Profile Joined October 2009
82 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-21 20:04:15
October 21 2011 20:03 GMT
#871
On October 18 2011 19:07 arb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2011 04:13 Mr. Bean wrote:
Honestly,i dont have any interest in this conversation,anyone can have his own opinion regarding this.I myself play a game the way i want to,not the way the game wants me to play it..BTW,there isnt even a rule against it on icc.

If its cheating for you,fine,i dont care.

I'm glad you dont have any interest, good luck playing in any tourney when your keybinds are changed, since its banned in every one of them!

I already said to not use it in tournaments,so i dont know what you want.

On October 18 2011 23:58 hellbound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2011 04:13 Mr. Bean wrote:
Honestly,i dont have any interest in this conversation,anyone can have his own opinion regarding this.I myself play a game the way i want to,not the way the game wants me to play it..BTW,there isnt even a rule against it on icc.

If its cheating for you,fine,i dont care.


What you want to do is against this rule for laddering on ICCUP
Show nested quote +
Using hacks

It is forbidden to use any software that is likely to give you advantage over other players (Map Hack, Drop Hack, etc.)


Remapped keys give you an unfair advantage and hence are illegal. The antihack should detect it and drop you automatically. So yeah, if you want to play competitively anywhere better get used to vanilla.

I´d say the one who is fine with the hotkeysytem has a pretty big advantage over the one who is not.But lets not drag this any further,i also said to not use it on ladder as well,and what i do in my private games is up to me i´d say.
Mottz
Profile Joined September 2010
Portugal101 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-22 13:26:49
October 22 2011 00:32 GMT
#872
On October 22 2011 05:03 Mr. Bean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 18 2011 19:07 arb wrote:
On October 14 2011 04:13 Mr. Bean wrote:
Honestly,i dont have any interest in this conversation,anyone can have his own opinion regarding this.I myself play a game the way i want to,not the way the game wants me to play it..BTW,there isnt even a rule against it on icc.

If its cheating for you,fine,i dont care.

I'm glad you dont have any interest, good luck playing in any tourney when your keybinds are changed, since its banned in every one of them!

I already said to not use it in tournaments,so i dont know what you want.

Show nested quote +
On October 18 2011 23:58 hellbound wrote:
On October 14 2011 04:13 Mr. Bean wrote:
Honestly,i dont have any interest in this conversation,anyone can have his own opinion regarding this.I myself play a game the way i want to,not the way the game wants me to play it..BTW,there isnt even a rule against it on icc.

If its cheating for you,fine,i dont care.


What you want to do is against this rule for laddering on ICCUP
Using hacks

It is forbidden to use any software that is likely to give you advantage over other players (Map Hack, Drop Hack, etc.)


Remapped keys give you an unfair advantage and hence are illegal. The antihack should detect it and drop you automatically. So yeah, if you want to play competitively anywhere better get used to vanilla.

I´d say the one who is fine with the hotkeysytem has a pretty big advantage over the one who is not.But lets not drag this any further,i also said to not use it on ladder as well,and what i do in my private games is up to me i´d say.

I'd say the one with better multitask has more map awareness than me, should i maphack instead of practicing?

I got mild curiosity, why when im watching a stream and the game is paused why does it still broadcast the game in colours dispite it being black and white in reality?
Mr. Bean
Profile Joined October 2009
82 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-22 10:30:19
October 22 2011 10:29 GMT
#873
On October 22 2011 09:32 Mottz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2011 05:03 Mr. Bean wrote:
On October 18 2011 19:07 arb wrote:
On October 14 2011 04:13 Mr. Bean wrote:
Honestly,i dont have any interest in this conversation,anyone can have his own opinion regarding this.I myself play a game the way i want to,not the way the game wants me to play it..BTW,there isnt even a rule against it on icc.

If its cheating for you,fine,i dont care.

I'm glad you dont have any interest, good luck playing in any tourney when your keybinds are changed, since its banned in every one of them!

I already said to not use it in tournaments,so i dont know what you want.

On October 18 2011 23:58 hellbound wrote:
On October 14 2011 04:13 Mr. Bean wrote:
Honestly,i dont have any interest in this conversation,anyone can have his own opinion regarding this.I myself play a game the way i want to,not the way the game wants me to play it..BTW,there isnt even a rule against it on icc.

If its cheating for you,fine,i dont care.


What you want to do is against this rule for laddering on ICCUP
Using hacks

It is forbidden to use any software that is likely to give you advantage over other players (Map Hack, Drop Hack, etc.)


Remapped keys give you an unfair advantage and hence are illegal. The antihack should detect it and drop you automatically. So yeah, if you want to play competitively anywhere better get used to vanilla.

I´d say the one who is fine with the hotkeysytem has a pretty big advantage over the one who is not.But lets not drag this any further,i also said to not use it on ladder as well,and what i do in my private games is up to me i´d say.

I'd say the one with better multitask has more map awareness than me, should i maphack instead of practicing?

And i´d say you are the third one who hasn´t realised that our thoughts just doesn´t match.You have your opinion and i have mine,case closed.
kidcrash
Profile Joined September 2009
United States624 Posts
October 24 2011 23:59 GMT
#874
When opening as T in TvR should I:

1. Gas at 11/12 and mech regardless of vs Z or P
2. Gas late and open 2 rax academy and potentially open bio vs P (slowly transition to mech if needed).
3. Send an extra scv scout earlyish and just adapt my BO as soon as possible.

The reason I ask is because I hate opening mech vs Z. I always end up letting the z take like 7 bases and just get overrun regardless of my huge mech army. I feel much more in control opening bio and then transitioning to mech late game if I need to.

On the other hand I'm not too experienced with doing a bio opening vs P but I feel like I can make something work If I needed to.
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
October 25 2011 02:26 GMT
#875
On October 25 2011 08:59 kidcrash wrote:
When opening as T in TvR should I:

1. Gas at 11/12 and mech regardless of vs Z or P
2. Gas late and open 2 rax academy and potentially open bio vs P (slowly transition to mech if needed).
3. Send an extra scv scout earlyish and just adapt my BO as soon as possible.

The reason I ask is because I hate opening mech vs Z. I always end up letting the z take like 7 bases and just get overrun regardless of my huge mech army. I feel much more in control opening bio and then transitioning to mech late game if I need to.

On the other hand I'm not too experienced with doing a bio opening vs P but I feel like I can make something work If I needed to.

Send an early SCV out to scout (probably 10th SCV, the one after the one that makes the depot) and refinery at 12, if he is Z then cancel the refinery if it's not finished yet, if it's too late for that just take all SCVs off it and go for either 1 rax CC or 2 rax if you prefer, it shouldn't be delayed by too much and then when you do need your gas the refinery is already up anyway. I think it's always better to open mech vs Z than to open bio vs P.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
Black[CAT]
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Malaysia2589 Posts
October 25 2011 03:25 GMT
#876
On October 21 2011 15:49 dementrio wrote:
similar to the 12 nex question:
when doing a 1 rax fe, I should (?) go 15cc, 16refinery 16 depo. I never have enough money to do all this. What should I cut / delay?


Is this the 1 Rax FE for TvP?
You mean ESPORTS isnt a synonym for SC2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry Blue Switches- BW or SC2? Why not both?
CaffeineFree-_-
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States712 Posts
October 25 2011 05:00 GMT
#877
On October 25 2011 08:59 kidcrash wrote:
When opening as T in TvR should I:

1. Gas at 11/12 and mech regardless of vs Z or P
2. Gas late and open 2 rax academy and potentially open bio vs P (slowly transition to mech if needed).
3. Send an extra scv scout earlyish and just adapt my BO as soon as possible.

The reason I ask is because I hate opening mech vs Z. I always end up letting the z take like 7 bases and just get overrun regardless of my huge mech army. I feel much more in control opening bio and then transitioning to mech late game if I need to.

On the other hand I'm not too experienced with doing a bio opening vs P but I feel like I can make something work If I needed to.

You can learn rax fe all matchups. It's hard TvT esp at low levels.

The easier thing I suggest is just learning vult expand into mnm.
We say we love flowers, yet we pluck them. We say we love trees, yet we cut them down. And people still wonder why some are afraid when told they are loved
fencer
Profile Joined October 2011
122 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-25 07:46:04
October 25 2011 07:45 GMT
#878
In PvZ when you see a spire early game, just how many of corsairs do you usually need to hold off the first muta harass, without crippling the corsairs in the process?
I don't want to overcommit to them so I'm sort of looking for a magic number.
Disc Golf is Awesome! Thought I'd throw that out there =)
XsebT
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Denmark2980 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-25 11:15:58
October 25 2011 11:14 GMT
#879
On October 25 2011 16:45 fencer wrote:
In PvZ when you see a spire early game, just how many of corsairs do you usually need to hold off the first muta harass, without crippling the corsairs in the process?
I don't want to overcommit to them so I'm sort of looking for a magic number.

A spire doesn't always mean mutas. You can usually determine this by looking for a second gas. If he has a second gas + spire, then it's almost always mutas and you will need continued cosair production. For air dominance as protoss, the magical number of corsairs you're looking for is 6, because it takes 6 cosair attacks to kill a scourge. You might want more depending on what your plan is. However, remember that with air dominance you deny the zerg's map vision/awareness by killing his overlords. You should use this against him with drops.
화이팅
Azerbaijan
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States660 Posts
October 26 2011 06:31 GMT
#880
Has anyone figured out a fix for BW crashing in windows 7?
not the color issue; i fixed that but I can't play BW because it always freezes ~5 minutes into a game. Every time.
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 488 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 191
NeuroSwarm 172
FoxeR 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1842
Leta 966
Bale 76
League of Legends
Doublelift4164
Other Games
summit1g8800
JimRising 536
WinterStarcraft172
ViBE168
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick692
BasetradeTV166
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• davetesta17
• Light_VIP 15
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1166
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 31m
Patches Events
12h 31m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 31m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 31m
OSC
20h 31m
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.