• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:06
CEST 02:06
KST 09:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8187 users

Free Agent (Slave Auction) policy overview - Page 5

Forum Index > BW General
167 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
August 14 2009 06:46 GMT
#81
lol
it's like TL is the only e-sports journalist site that doesnt support kespa
Commentator
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
August 14 2009 06:48 GMT
#82
Wow, that's the stupidest rule I've ever heard of.
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
FakeSteve[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Valhalla18444 Posts
August 14 2009 06:49 GMT
#83
hahahahahah what the FUCK
Moderatormy tatsu loops r fuckin nice
MrHoon *
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
10183 Posts
August 14 2009 06:50 GMT
#84
On August 14 2009 15:46 GTR wrote:
lol
it's like TL is the only e-sports journalist site that doesnt support kespa

FIGHT DA POWA
dats racist
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
August 14 2009 06:53 GMT
#85
I guess this is what happens when the players are all school aged kids...

Interested in seeing how things will turn out.
Meh
Fontong
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States6454 Posts
August 14 2009 07:05 GMT
#86
WTB Bisu
[SECRET FONT] "Dragoon bunker"
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33705 Posts
August 14 2009 07:10 GMT
#87
also added note that players are forbidden from employing agents
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
August 14 2009 07:18 GMT
#88
On August 14 2009 15:38 ActualSteve wrote:
KESPA ADDENDUM: August 14th
Amongst the bidding teams, the player is UNABLE to select their team of choice, and MUST negotiate a contract with the team that bids the highest amount.
You must be fucking kidding

This blew me away.

WHAT THE FUCK?
This is one of the most stupid things I have heard in my entire life
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
August 14 2009 07:23 GMT
#89
I mean seriously how can anyone think this is a good idea???
Does KeSPA have some sort of in-house competition as to who can come up with the most ridiculous and retarded ideas? Because that's pretty much the only explanation I can think of.
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
jodogohoo
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada2533 Posts
August 14 2009 07:33 GMT
#90
fucking worse then endless eights
Radical
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States481 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-14 07:39:21
August 14 2009 07:35 GMT
#91
Wow, when I read the title of this thread, and I read the first few pages, I thought, "This isn't really like a slave auction..." But then I read the rule that I guess was added on 8/14, and wow, it really is like a slave auction. The thing is though, what is the incentive for Kespa to change their rules? Are we all just going to stop watching pro SC because of this? I mean, I know that most of us are foreigners who watch bootlegged versions of SC matches anyway, but really. Yeah, Kespa's rules might be completely ridiculous, but they can get away with it, because there's really no one else to challenge them.

So far the only things that I can think of that would stand a chance of changing Kespa's rules would be if many pro gamers went on strike, or if a new governing body came into power or something like that.

Also, I just remembered that there are some pro tournaments that aren't governed by Kespa, like I think the heritage league wasn't (I could be wrong about that though), but really unless a new proleague, OSL, or MSL comes around (I don't know about GOM since I never watch it), I don't see any incentive for Kespa to change.
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
August 14 2009 07:40 GMT
#92
On August 14 2009 16:23 Carnac wrote:
I mean seriously how can anyone think this is a good idea???
Does KeSPA have some sort of in-house competition as to who can come up with the most ridiculous and retarded ideas? Because that's pretty much the only explanation I can think of.


Regardless of how much you or may think it sucks, I don't see why it's a retarded idea from Kespa's standpoint. Slave auctions tend to work better from team standpoint than free agency. It's not so long ago when even American sports had pretty much no FA. And teams buy and sell players like livestock.

It really just boils down to the fact that players have absolutely no rights in the grand scheme of things, because they're not powerful enough to have any say in the matter. So Kespa can do whatever the hell they want. Why be fair when there's no need?
Meh
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
August 14 2009 07:50 GMT
#93
Why be fair when there's no need? By the same logic I can ask why adhere to human rights when there's no need. Sup china? Great argument you have going there.
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Simple
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States801 Posts
August 14 2009 07:52 GMT
#94
wait wtf, free agents cant even pick their team?
MannerMan
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
371 Posts
August 14 2009 08:02 GMT
#95
Hilariously poignant title edit.

The fans can't really do anything short of a boycott, what really needs to happen is the players themselves demand a players' union.
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
August 14 2009 08:10 GMT
#96
On August 14 2009 16:50 Carnac wrote:
Why be fair when there's no need? By the same logic I can ask why adhere to human rights when there's no need. Sup china? Great argument you have going there.


Nice of you to bring countries into this. Because someone living in China can't possibly understand human rights. If I didn't dislike the rolleyes emoticon so much I'd use it right now.

You might want to brush up on the history of American sports when it comes to player rights. Or for that matter, you could just ask illegal immigrants making below-minimum wage washing dishes and cleaning office buildings what they think of "fairness" and "human rights".

Meh
Etherone
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1898 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-14 08:19:37
August 14 2009 08:16 GMT
#97
this is Retarded, it's unbelievable the length they go to, to satisfy the companies while raping the players.

players should just boycott this, too bad that'll place them in a unbelievably shitty position. it's so unjust it's mind boggling.

edit:

On August 14 2009 17:10 baubo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2009 16:50 Carnac wrote:
Why be fair when there's no need? By the same logic I can ask why adhere to human rights when there's no need. Sup china? Great argument you have going there.


Nice of you to bring countries into this. Because someone living in China can't possibly understand human rights. If I didn't dislike the rolleyes emoticon so much I'd use it right now.

You might want to brush up on the history of American sports when it comes to player rights. Or for that matter, you could just ask illegal immigrants making below-minimum wage washing dishes and cleaning office buildings what they think of "fairness" and "human rights".



wait, so because it exists, it should be done. especially if there is economical gain?
just so i know exactly where you stand.
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-14 08:27:34
August 14 2009 08:23 GMT
#98
On August 14 2009 17:10 baubo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2009 16:50 Carnac wrote:
Why be fair when there's no need? By the same logic I can ask why adhere to human rights when there's no need. Sup china? Great argument you have going there.


Nice of you to bring countries into this. Because someone living in China can't possibly understand human rights. If I didn't dislike the rolleyes emoticon so much I'd use it right now.

You might want to brush up on the history of American sports when it comes to player rights. Or for that matter, you could just ask illegal immigrants making below-minimum wage washing dishes and cleaning office buildings what they think of "fairness" and "human rights".
I never said that you as a person can't understand human rights. You aren't China or the Chinese government for that matter. China is one of many examples, it was just the easiest to use (and Germany isn't perfect either). But that's besides the point

Back to your argument: I don't see what the history of American sports has to do with it (and I don't care about US sports anyway). This isn't about history, this is about right here right now. I'm interested in Starcraft Progaming in Korea, why shouldn't I criticize it when they're very obviously doing something really bad? How can you even regard "why be fair when there's no need" a good argument? Come on, man
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
August 14 2009 08:36 GMT
#99
On August 14 2009 17:02 MannerMan wrote:
Hilariously poignant title edit.

The fans can't really do anything short of a boycott, what really needs to happen is the players themselves demand a players' union.
The irony is that that "union" was originally kespa ...
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-14 08:44:31
August 14 2009 08:42 GMT
#100
On August 14 2009 17:16 Etherone wrote:
wait, so because it exists, it should be done. especially if there is economical gain?
just so i know exactly where you stand.


I have no stance. Because after working for so many years I've pretty much immunized myself to corporate greed and exploitation of anything they can get away with. It's one thing if you're going to rip on S. Korea for having no laws to protect players from such unfair treatment. It's quite another to blame Kespa for just being greedy.

On August 14 2009 17:23 Carnac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2009 17:10 baubo wrote:
On August 14 2009 16:50 Carnac wrote:
Why be fair when there's no need? By the same logic I can ask why adhere to human rights when there's no need. Sup china? Great argument you have going there.


Nice of you to bring countries into this. Because someone living in China can't possibly understand human rights. If I didn't dislike the rolleyes emoticon so much I'd use it right now.

You might want to brush up on the history of American sports when it comes to player rights. Or for that matter, you could just ask illegal immigrants making below-minimum wage washing dishes and cleaning office buildings what they think of "fairness" and "human rights".
I never said that you as a person can't understand human rights. You aren't China or the Chinese government for that matter. China is one of many examples, it was just the easiest to use (and Germany isn't perfect either). But that's besides the point

Back to your argument: I don't see what the history of American sports has to do with it (and I don't care about US sports anyway). This isn't about history, this is about right here right now. I'm interested in Starcraft Progaming in Korea, why shouldn't I criticize it when they're very obviously doing something really bad? How can you even regard "why be fair when there's no need" a good argument? Come on, man


I say it because companies are NEVER fair when there is no need to. This has nothing to do with America or Korea or past or present. It has always been the case. And it always will be. It has happened in every corner of the world. There's a reason why you have governments, laws, player unions, etc. trying their best to prevent such exploitation.
Meh
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings49
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 135
SpeCial 109
CosmosSc2 49
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1447
Rain 1266
Artosis 633
910 55
Bale 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm122
League of Legends
Doublelift3203
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox166
Other Games
summit1g9253
shahzam586
JimRising 361
C9.Mang0307
PiGStarcraft258
Maynarde120
Vindicta15
Liquid`Ken8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick812
BasetradeTV180
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP55
• davetesta28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21338
Other Games
• imaqtpie865
• Shiphtur206
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 54m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
10h 54m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
23h 54m
Patches Events
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.