• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:08
CEST 14:08
KST 21:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7683 users

[SPOILER] WINNER of 2009 Bacchus OSL Ro36 Group A!

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-07 03:12:25
May 07 2009 03:08 GMT
#1
Leta, "I'm putting everything on the line for this Starleague"
"I believe this will be a crucial point in my progaming career"

[image loading]


You are advancing to the round of 16.
- Recently after the ‘PPP’ incident I’ve been losing too much and slacking. My parents were also worried but with this qualification I want to tell them they don’t have to worry.

After the ‘PPP’ incident, you must have suffered a lot.
- I practiced really hard for that match and the fact that I wasn’t able to properly display what I had prepared was extremely disappointing. So at the time, it was pretty crushing. I tried to erase the incident right away but the memory would resurface before I went to sleep. Though for the most part I was okay, before I went to sleep I would think about it every once in a while (laughs).

Did you know that Thezerg would advance to the second set?
- Because Geumchi won the first match in the first set, I thought to myself Geumchi could advance but when Thezerg advanced I was a bit taken aback. I didn’t get to practice my zerg play that much and personally, I’m more confident against protoss.

The maps are being assessed as favorable for zerg.
- With the map’s geography, it’s easy to get harassed by mutalisks so I think that’s why it’s hard for terran.

How was today’s match?
- I prepared a build thinking my opponent would take his nat first but rather then play defensively, Thezerg had an aggressive build so I believe I lost in build order. In the second set there were so many mutalisks so I was worried I would be in danger. In the third set I also thought Thezerg would rush all in so I prepared a 2 port build again. I predicted he would prepare a build for a double cc build so I wanted to counter that.

It seems you really like using 2 starports.
- If you start with 2 starports, you can make your opponent poor, and you can also adjust to your opponent in many different ways. I think that zerg players are still unable to properly deal with it.

Your thoughts on your goal for this Starleague.
- For this Starleague, I want to put everything on the line. For some reason I feel like this will be a crucial point of my progaming career, so I want to make it through well and become an even greater player.

Original Korean Interview:
+ Show Spoiler +
- 16강 진출에 성공했는데
▲ 최근에 ‘PPP 사건’ 이후에 너무 많이 지고 부진했던 것 같다. 부모님도 걱정하셨는데 이번 진출을 계기로 걱정하지 않으셔도 된다고 말씀 드리고 싶다.

- ‘PPP 사건’ 이후로 마음 고생도 했을 것 같은데
▲ 그 경기를 굉장히 많이 연습했는데 제대로 보여 드리지 못했다는 점이 너무 아쉬웠다. 그래서 당시에는 타격이 좀 있기도 했다. 바로 잊으려고 노력했는데 자기 전에 계속 생각이 났다. 평상시에는 괜찮은데 잠들기 전에 한 번씩 생각이 나더라.(웃음)

- 2경기에 정영철이 올라올 줄 알았나
▲ 첫 판을 김승현 선수가 이겨서 김승현 선수가 올라오지 않을까 생각했는데 정영철 선수가 올라와서 약간 꺼려졌다. 저그전 연습을 많이 못하기도 했고 개인적으로 프로토스전에 더 자신 있었기 때문이다.

- 맵들이 저그에게 좋다는 평가가 있는데
▲ 맵 지형이 뮤탈리스크 견제에 당하기가 너무 쉬워서 테란이 조금 힘든 것 같다.

- 오늘 경기 어땠나
▲ 상대가 앞마당 먼저 하는 걸 노린 빌드였는데 정영철 선수가 수비적이 아닌 공격적인 빌드라서 빌드상 맞춤을 당한 것 같다. 2세트에서는 뮤탈리스크가 너무 많아서 위험한 상황이 올까 봐 걱정을 많이 했다. 3세트에서도 정영철 선수가 올인 러시를 할 것 같아서 다시 2스타포트를 준비했다. 더블 커맨드를 겨냥한 빌드를 쓸 거라 예상하고 그걸 역으로 이용하고 싶었다.

- 2스타포트를 굉장히 좋아하는 것 같다
▲ 2스타포트로 시작하면 상대를 가난하게 만들 수도 있고 맞춰갈 수 있는 여러 가지 장점이 있다. 저그 선수들이 아직까지 제대로 대처를 하기는 힘든 것 같다.

- 이번 스타리그에 대한 목표와 각오
▲ 이번 스타리그에는 나의 모든 것을 걸고 싶다. 프로게이머 인생에서 이번이 왠지 고비가 될 것 같은데 잘 넘겨서 더 멋진 선수가 되고 싶다.



--
Not perfect - feedback welcome and encouraged!
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
SkepTicAL
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada872 Posts
May 07 2009 03:16 GMT
#2
Works for me . I should practice my 2 port more, clearly it's better than I thought .
AeriALsLighT @AerialsLight
MuShu
Profile Joined March 2005
United States3223 Posts
May 07 2009 03:16 GMT
#3
Awesome, thanks!
AlwaysGG
Profile Joined March 2009
Taiwan952 Posts
May 07 2009 03:16 GMT
#4
nice translate!

leta is definitely my favorite terran alone with Flash skyhigh hwasin.

leta fighting! hope he advance to ro4
Trust 神教教主 FlaSh | Believe 火心 EffOrt
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
May 07 2009 03:21 GMT
#5
On May 07 2009 12:08 Smix wrote:
You are advancing to the round of 16.
- Recently after the ‘PPP’ incident I’ve been losing too much and slacking. My parents were also worried but with this qualification I want to tell them they don’t have to worry.


Wait (T)Leta lost two games and considers that slacking? Haha go Leta.
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
May 07 2009 03:24 GMT
#6
Smix you're back... It was tough ;___;
POGGERS
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
May 07 2009 03:28 GMT
#7
On May 07 2009 12:24 konadora wrote:
Smix you're back... It was tough ;___;


Sorry T_T Finals/papers/sayingbyetoeveryone killed me.
You did a ridiculously good job Konadora!!!
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
RainmanMP
Profile Joined October 2007
United States1699 Posts
May 07 2009 03:30 GMT
#8
Smix returns!
이영호 FIGHTING! Die Hard KT Rolster and Flash fan.
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
May 07 2009 03:41 GMT
#9
We were there last night and I have to say I laughed so hard when Leta's 'hoshit' face came on after his first set against TheZerg. I'm glad he made it through though because it's always interesting to watch him play (despite his slightly scary love of wraiths lol.)
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
May 07 2009 03:43 GMT
#10
Thanks Smix! WB!

For some reason I just can't get enough of watching wraith micro o.o so the popularity of 2-port wrath is great imo!
✌
deathgod6
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States5064 Posts
May 07 2009 03:45 GMT
#11
Nice interview! Thanks.
4.0 GPA = A rank 5.0 GPA = Olympic --------- Bisu, Best, Fantasy. i ♥ oov. They can get in my BoxeR anyday.
Elyvilon
Profile Joined August 2008
United States13143 Posts
May 07 2009 03:50 GMT
#12
Thanks Smix!

I think it's kind of funny(and awesome) that recently, no one but Leta seems to be able to win with 2port, yet Leta is pretty much invincible with it.

Leta fighting!
Liquipedia
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
May 07 2009 03:59 GMT
#13
This thread needs more attention
Bump
POGGERS
dekuschrub
Profile Joined May 2008
United States2069 Posts
May 07 2009 04:03 GMT
#14
dang leta was really upset about that PPP bullshit...

honestly though if he beats flash again i will have to hate him again....
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
May 07 2009 04:03 GMT
#15
Thanks smix
I hope Leta can fully recover from the pp incident ASAP
brood war for life, brood war forever
Nanoo
Profile Joined March 2009
229 Posts
May 07 2009 04:10 GMT
#16
thx smix....
nice 3rd match leta...
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
May 07 2009 04:18 GMT
#17
Welcome back Smix. :>
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
May 07 2009 04:20 GMT
#18
Thanks smix :3
Moderator<:3-/-<
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
May 07 2009 04:27 GMT
#19
Build-order loss? Come on.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
drug_vict1m
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
844 Posts
May 07 2009 04:33 GMT
#20
ty very much
One must feel chaos within, to give birth to a dancing star.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko406
ProTech123
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33283
firebathero 1855
Bisu 1372
Horang2 838
Hyuk 475
BeSt 351
Mini 263
Larva 242
EffOrt 238
Light 213
[ Show more ]
Soma 205
ZerO 101
Leta 98
Rush 94
Mong 89
Barracks 79
Pusan 64
Snow 53
Shinee 42
ToSsGirL 41
Mind 34
NaDa 29
Aegong 27
JYJ 26
zelot 24
Bale 21
sorry 21
Sexy 19
Sacsri 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Noble 11
JulyZerg 11
Terrorterran 7
Icarus 4
Dota 2
XaKoH 381
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1229
Khaldor1217
Other Games
gofns40384
singsing2211
olofmeister1387
B2W.Neo313
Livibee159
Mew2King76
ArmadaUGS55
hiko22
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream263
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH173
• StrangeGG 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 13
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
52m
OSC
9h 52m
CranKy Ducklings
21h 52m
Online Event
22h 52m
FEL
1d 3h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.