• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:46
CEST 20:46
KST 03:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9730 users

How Long Did It Take?

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
JMave
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Singapore1806 Posts
October 13 2008 12:46 GMT
#1
Hi guys. I've been playing starcraft for about a year now and I feel as if I just started. I'm still at the D level, though almost reaching D+. Is this normal? Or am I just so sucky?
火心 Jealous. I always loved that feeling when I was young. Embrace it.
Jathin
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
United States3505 Posts
October 13 2008 12:47 GMT
#2
--- Nuked ---
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-13 12:53:19
October 13 2008 12:51 GMT
#3
D+ is already a good achievement. It means that you understand how the game works and that you know basic Bos, micro tricks and hotkeys .

Someone who is D+ would have been a good player in 2000-2002
Just mass play with friends or in ladder and try to find a mentor who is better than you then you will get better for sure.

I don't really think there is a skill "wall" before C+ level. If you practise you will get better.
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
Kolll
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Germany15 Posts
October 13 2008 13:35 GMT
#4
it's very bad. for example me.. i play sc for 5months and reached in my first season iccup b- and im c+ right now so it's gotta be pretty bad to be at d+ lvl after 1year
b3h47pte
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States1317 Posts
October 13 2008 13:39 GMT
#5
it really depends on how much you play =\
like the guy above me probably played everyday for many hours each day...
i...on the other hand have been playing weekends only for the past 2 years and i still haven't reached D+ blargh.
KrAzYfoOL
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Australia3037 Posts
October 13 2008 14:00 GMT
#6
What does it matter as long as you're having fun right ?

Also please ignore Kolll, he's clearly full of shit.
It's better to burn out than to fade away
Nitrogen
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States5345 Posts
October 13 2008 14:09 GMT
#7
On October 13 2008 22:35 Kolll wrote:
it's very bad. for example me.. i play sc for 5months and reached in my first season iccup b- and im c+ right now so it's gotta be pretty bad to be at d+ lvl after 1year


i play 1 day i get a+ u suk

but anyways, how often do you play jmave?
UNFUCK YOURSELF
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-13 14:16:23
October 13 2008 14:15 GMT
#8
On October 13 2008 22:35 Kolll wrote:
it's very bad. for example me.. i play sc for 5months and reached in my first season iccup b- and im c+ right now so it's gotta be pretty bad to be at d+ lvl after 1year

OMG you SO nub i pWn u ez u Stone AGe noob. I'm in GosU clan [ROxOR-L33t] @ EAST and I'm A+ ICCUP in 2 Days.
Kill' UrSELF nub !
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
dream-_-
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
United States1857 Posts
October 13 2008 14:51 GMT
#9
Some people have been playing this game for 5-10 years and cant get past c- so dont feel so bad.

and ya, kolll is just trolling.
hiroxx
Profile Joined July 2008
Ireland115 Posts
October 13 2008 15:07 GMT
#10
it depends how much you play each day as well remember.. 1 game every day for a year = 10 games in 36.5 days for example
when yoü aim for Perfection yoü discover it's a Moving target.
Chuiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
3470 Posts
October 13 2008 15:08 GMT
#11
Some people have been playing for 10 years and are still D-. It all depends on the person not the amount of time spent.
♞
SweeTLemonS[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
11739 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-10-13 15:15:02
October 13 2008 15:13 GMT
#12
On October 14 2008 00:07 hiroxx wrote:
it depends how much you play each day as well remember.. 1 game every day for a year = 10 games in 36.5 days for example


No it doesn't. It equals 10 games in 10 days.

I played for like two years, and I was horrible. I don't know what my rank would have been, but I was really bad. I used to play Insane all the time, he could back me up on how bad I was...
I'm never gonna know you now \ But I'm gonna love you anyhow.
hiroxx
Profile Joined July 2008
Ireland115 Posts
October 13 2008 15:47 GMT
#13
err i meant: 1 game every day for a year ( 365 games) = 10 games every day for 36.5 days (36.5 x 10 = 365) so in theory after just over a month u can be as good as someone who as played for a year hope that makes more sense
when yoü aim for Perfection yoü discover it's a Moving target.
CoachClutch
Profile Joined October 2008
United States1 Post
October 13 2008 15:49 GMT
#14
Someone mentioned a person who likes to do personal training? I am curious because I am new to the Starcraft scene but not to Pro gaming in general. I normally coach games at the pro level and I am looking for info on managers and coaches in starcraft (like what does their job entail and basic and advanced info on what they do daily with their players and teams). I also want to learn to play the game at a decent level since I know how important being able to play the game is when coaching it. I know that learning how to play the game at the pro level will not be an easy task but I know what I am undertaking and any help possible would be greatly appreciated. So whenever you can pm me about what I should start doing or who could help me achieve what I spoke on previously I would be greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for you time and help
~Coach Clutch
Progaming Coach. Play HARD Go PRO! RIP CPL
FreeDoM[YA]
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Canada855 Posts
October 13 2008 15:54 GMT
#15
i've been playing on and off for about 2 years (like 2 games a day or sometimes less) and I'm D-. It's not the years it's the hours
ScarFace
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1175 Posts
October 13 2008 15:58 GMT
#16
On October 13 2008 22:35 Kolll wrote:
it's very bad. for example me.. i play sc for 5months and reached in my first season iccup b- and im c+ right now so it's gotta be pretty bad to be at d+ lvl after 1year
So...I'm going to call bs on that LOL
Can you dig it?
clazziquai
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
6685 Posts
October 13 2008 16:01 GMT
#17
On October 13 2008 22:35 Kolll wrote:
it's very bad. for example me.. i play sc for 5months and reached in my first season iccup b- and im c+ right now so it's gotta be pretty bad to be at d+ lvl after 1year


youre very bad. for example me..i play sc for 5 hours and reached in my first season iccup A+ and im A right now so it's gotta be pretty bad to be b- lvl after 5 months.

NOOB
#1 Sea.Really Fan / #1 Nesh Fan / Terran Forever~
aseq
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands4020 Posts
October 13 2008 16:03 GMT
#18
I've been playing for 10 years and i'm D-.
I play about 1 game in 2 months, is that enough?^^

Seriously, don't worry about it. If you want to get better you have to put in a lot of time, but also you need decent opponents. I'm happy if i win any game on bnet since levels have gone up in the last years, i remember back in '99 I could win 4 out of every 5 games and more than that in public games (although my apm was way higher back then). So it's nothing to be ashamed of. Practice makes perfect.
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
October 13 2008 16:16 GMT
#19
i've been playing for about 10 years, and I'm about C+ skill level, when the WCG comes around, but besides that I play maybe 1 game a week, but before when i was younger in like 6th or 7th grade, starcraft was my life. i would play all day every day, and i still sucked. you really just have to find someone within your skill range and just play a lot with eachother practicing build orders and scouting etc...
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
OGzan
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States289 Posts
October 13 2008 16:23 GMT
#20
just keep playing and youll improve and if you cant find any friends who are better than you, then just stick to iccup.
(Zan) :: http://www.twitch.tv/byzantiumsc :: Terran Player currently teamless ::
1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason224
BRAT_OK 60
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14503
BeSt 287
Mini 232
Dewaltoss 163
Mind 87
Hyun 35
Bale 24
NaDa 22
Dota 2
qojqva3219
420jenkins482
Counter-Strike
fl0m4266
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5408
Khaldor1260
Liquid`Hasu1035
MindelVK16
Other Games
summit1g2322
FrodaN1815
B2W.Neo794
byalli401
Hui .239
QueenE84
Railgan56
Mew2King47
ToD26
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1152
BasetradeTV225
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
StarCraft 2
angryscii 25
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 34
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 21
• FirePhoenix7
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3727
Other Games
• imaqtpie810
• Shiphtur284
• WagamamaTV255
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
14m
BSL Open Qualifier
14m
Replay Cast
4h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 14m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
16h 14m
Monday Night Weeklies
21h 14m
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 16h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.