• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:51
CEST 22:51
KST 05:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7617 users

Jaedong and the Royal Road

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
semioldguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States7488 Posts
October 12 2007 20:24 GMT
#1
I was going to put this in the Jaedong is a monster thread in attempts to actually generate discussion/save the thread, but it was closed as I was typing. And I was I became genuinely interested in the topic and thought I should post it anyway.

Jaedong's ZvT is undoubtedly amazing. He is on a 12 game win streak in the matchup with his last loss being against Sea, in which he won that best-of-three. I don't think any terran is going to be able to stop him in this OSL.

As far as his other matchups go, his ZvZ has in the past been equally amazing (currently 74%), causing other proteams to alter their lineups in order to avoid a potential ZvZ game against Jaedong. July recently beat him in a Bo3 at WCG Korea, but he is in danger of not getting out of his group.

That leaves his unargueably worst match-up: ZvP. In his group he has to face Stork in week five, when he should already be 2-0 and locked for the quarterfinals. Whether he can beat Stork or not might not even matter at this point.

Assuming he advance to the quarterfinals, who is going to have the ability to take him down? In the quarters he won't have to face Stork, which only leaves two other Protoss players (and lets face it, Rock isn't getting out of the group stage). Will Bisu have to take him down, or will Bisu get eliminated before they face each other?

Who do you think is the most likely player to be able to take out Jaedong or is he going the distance?
Moderator
Zalfor
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States1035 Posts
October 12 2007 20:25 GMT
#2
bisu eats all zergs alive (except july)
555, kthxbai
IdrA
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States11541 Posts
October 12 2007 20:27 GMT
#3
bisu is the only person id take as a solid favorite over him, maybe stork. its just a matter of whether or not he has to face bisu.
http://www.splitreason.com/product/1152 release the gracken tshirt now available
Polar
Profile Joined September 2007
Swaziland274 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-10-12 20:42:33
October 12 2007 20:39 GMT
#4
On October 13 2007 05:24 semioldguy wrote:
I was going to put this in the Jaedong is a monster thread in attempts to actually generate discussion/save the thread, but it was closed as I was typing. And I was I became genuinely interested in the topic and thought I should post it anyway.

Jaedong's ZvT is undoubtedly amazing. He is on a 12 game win streak in the matchup with his last loss being against Sea, in which he won that best-of-three. I don't think any terran is going to be able to stop him in this OSL.

As far as his other matchups go, his ZvZ has in the past been equally amazing (currently 74%), causing other proteams to alter their lineups in order to avoid a potential ZvZ game against Jaedong. July recently beat him in a Bo3 at WCG Korea, but he is in danger of not getting out of his group.

That leaves his unargueably worst match-up: ZvP. In his group he has to face Stork in week five, when he should already be 2-0 and locked for the quarterfinals. Whether he can beat Stork or not might not even matter at this point.

Assuming he advance to the quarterfinals, who is going to have the ability to take him down? In the quarters he won't have to face Stork, which only leaves two other Protoss players (and lets face it, Rock isn't getting out of the group stage). Will Bisu have to take him down, or will Bisu get eliminated before they face each other?

Who do you think is the most likely player to be able to take out Jaedong or is he going the distance?


Thanks for succeding where I failed. I guess I'm not allowed to post thoughts. =[

But in response to your thread, I think his chances of victory against anyone not named Bisu are very good. If Bisu is knocked out, I really like Jae's chances of taking gold.
knyttym
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States5797 Posts
October 12 2007 20:46 GMT
#5
I'm thinking pretty much the same as the other three. If Jaedong plays Bisu he will get crushed.
The other two possibilites I am thinking of are Hwasin and Iris. I think Hwasin has about a 50% chance of winning in a bo3 or bo5. Iris maybe a little less.
oddeye
Profile Joined March 2005
Canada716 Posts
October 12 2007 20:48 GMT
#6
I honestly always loved Jeadong ZvT, but what I want is a good ZvPer to pwn all those protoss getting easy maps, or balanced maps, watever.
Your soul shall suffer!
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
October 12 2007 20:50 GMT
#7
i love jaedong man
his name is cool
he looks cool
his zvt is cool as fuck

GOGO 이제동!!!!!!!!!!!
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
October 12 2007 20:53 GMT
#8
what does royal road mean

Jaedong's ZvT is Savior circa 2006 level except more refined. As long as he is not at too much of a disadvantage by the time his mutalisks come out there is no terran that can beat him. I think Flash does have somewhat of a chance though, hope they meet in starleague
Polar
Profile Joined September 2007
Swaziland274 Posts
October 12 2007 20:55 GMT
#9
Flash could take him out early but I don't think he could pull off a bo3 win if the games were longer and heads up.
semioldguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States7488 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-10-12 20:56:31
October 12 2007 20:55 GMT
#10
On October 13 2007 05:53 zulu_nation8 wrote:
what does royal road mean


Walking the Royal Roal would refer to a player who becomes the champion in his first OSL appearance. For example, Savior took the title the first time he managed to qualify for the OSL.
Moderator
KizZBG
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
u gotta skate8152 Posts
October 12 2007 20:56 GMT
#11
On October 13 2007 05:53 zulu_nation8 wrote:
what does royal road mean


Winning OSL upon first entry.
eSTRO for life | #2 Sea.Really fan! | #1 GosI[Flying] fan! | Clide - best SC2 terran!
TheTyranid
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Russian Federation4333 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-10-12 20:59:53
October 12 2007 20:58 GMT
#12
I have this suspition that Jaedong is getting overhyped.

Lets try to guess how the Ro8 will be layed out.

Last OSL's advancing format:

A1 v C2
C1 v D2

B1 v A2
D1 v B2

Now bisu, already having beaten GGPlay, will most likely advance as A1. Jaedong, in group C will have to beat Stork to advance as C1 which I doubt. The chances of Jaedong meeting Bisu in Ro8 and therefore getting raped are pretty high.
If Jaedong does manage to beat Stork and advance as C1 he will play either Savior or Flash and has a good chance of advancing (Rock already lost to Flash and will probably loose to Savior thus getting 3'rd place). He will then face the winner of Bisu/Stork (oops!) in the semis. Doesn't look like a bright OSL for Jaedong.

edit: Jaedong needs to take some Protoss dodging lessons from Casy.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
October 12 2007 20:59 GMT
#13
Iris
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
October 12 2007 21:04 GMT
#14
On October 13 2007 05:58 TheTyranid wrote:
I have this suspition that Jaedong is getting overhyped.


He is. I like his ZvT but:

1.)His ZvT is not the same as Savior's level when Savior began dominating. Savior had a much much more dismantling style. Jaedong also has

2.) He has yet to play Hwasin in a series, and hasn't played Iris at all. Those are the top TvZ monsters besides Sea who does not play like either.

When/if Jaedong beats these 2 then he'll truly be THE ZvT king. Right now Savior may not be his old self but he was a bigger threat because he massacred the top Terrans from the get go.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
October 12 2007 21:05 GMT
#15
Even if he has been on a streak against Terrans, if he has to face a good one (Hwasin/Iris) in a best of 3 or 5, chances are that he might get knocked out. Add into the mix that if he faces a Protoss, he's pretty much screwed, and well... I'd put his odds at maybe 10% tops.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
October 12 2007 21:07 GMT
#16
On October 13 2007 05:39 Polar wrote:

Thanks for succeding where I failed. I guess I'm not allowed to post thoughts. =[


There is nothing wrong with posting thoughts.

However, the same is not true for creating shitty threads.
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
October 12 2007 21:13 GMT
#17
Jaedong has to either take a game from Stork, or pray to God that Bisu somehow loses a game in his group.
Also, he hasn't really proved himself in a BO5.
But his ZvT and ZvZ are art, so I hope he does royal road it, it would be cool to see 3 different zergs take home all 3 OSLs this year.
TheTyranid
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Russian Federation4333 Posts
October 12 2007 21:14 GMT
#18
Ok just look aat the bracket format. Now I am pretty dam sure they will use the same one as last OSL. Jaedong will not face either Hwasin or Iris until the finals if Jaedong somehow miraculously gets past Bisu AND Stork who are on his side of the bracket.
Now given Iris's TvZ history he will be the underdog against Jaedong ( imo Iris's TvZ is very sloppy and he might choak as he did against GGPlay and Savior). Then again those are hive Zergs, which is Iris' weakness. I have no idea how he will handle a lair zerg in a Bo 5, but I would give JD a slight edge. Hwasin's TvZ is much better than Iris' but once again it is hard to tell how things will go.

What is ceratain is that Jaedong has VERY LITTLE chances of getting to that stage. I guarantee he will get face stomped by Bisu or Stork. His chance of meeting one of them in semi is almost certain.
Live2Win *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6657 Posts
October 12 2007 21:16 GMT
#19
On October 13 2007 05:39 Polar wrote:
Thanks for succeding where I failed. I guess I'm not allowed to post thoughts. =[

Yours was a shitty thread. His actually has some depth.
SAY YES TO STIM KIDS!!! XD
Polar
Profile Joined September 2007
Swaziland274 Posts
October 12 2007 21:23 GMT
#20
I didn't have time to finish it because I was at work and had my boss talking my ear off about going fishing this weekened... In the future, I'll just wait, instead of being flamed to death.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech154
UpATreeSC 146
JuggernautJason84
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 214
Dewaltoss 111
Hyuk 67
Bale 18
League of Legends
Doublelift2082
Counter-Strike
fl0m1516
Fnx 753
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King91
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5096
Khaldor1039
crisheroes894
Liquid`Hasu610
Other Games
summit1g8006
FrodaN3110
shahzam435
KnowMe330
XBOCT308
C9.Mang0191
ArmadaUGS130
ZombieGrub45
Trikslyr28
CosmosSc2 21
PPMD14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV249
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream54
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH355
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2997
Other Games
• imaqtpie844
• Shiphtur281
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 9m
CranKy Ducklings
13h 9m
Online Event
14h 9m
FEL
19h 9m
AI Arena Tournament
20h 9m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 9m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.