• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:33
CEST 16:33
KST 23:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7796 users

DreamHack Montreal Meetup, September 6-8

Forum Index > BW General
53 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-08-21 21:57:48
July 25 2019 19:28 GMT
#1
[image loading]

DreamHack Montreal Brood War Meetup


Hello friends, let's have a meetup! I would like to follow up on here regarding helping some Brood War fans coordinate a happening at our event.

DreamHack is about community gatherings and we would love to help you meet up and have a good time with one another, StarCraft has always been first and foremost about friends and community to me and I would be so happy if we can help people get closer to one another. The most important part:

If we get 32 signups to the DreamHack Montreal BYOC, we will provide a $2000 CAD prize pool for a tournament.

On the TL side BisuDagger, Ty, gypsy, and Tim will help coordinate plans like what form this tournament takes, and how people will meet on site, and I'll help coordinate what they need from DreamHack. They have already started by getting an Event Discord ready as well as figuring out how people can situate themselves in the LAN. There is a current registration list here with interest.

I'm currently planning the SC2 event WCS Fall and will be on site overseeing that so I'd love to meet everyone there.

Information and Links

DreamHack Montreal Website
BW Event Discord
BYOC Seatmap
Rollcall List

Apologies to all for how late this is, I'd love to help out in any way I can with other questions. One final piece: If you cannot bring a laptop or PC to play on, it's possible to help you find a place to rent one, however its very expensive at about $400 CAD, so be aware.


Tournament Information

Tourney Admins
Tim, Gypsy, Ty2 (Latter two are seated in X1, X2 on seatmap below)

When:
Day 1 - September 7th, Saturday (Stop at and do not play losers' final)

Day 2 - September 8th, Sunday (Losers' Final and Grand finals played)

Time to be seated/prep/check-in: 1:45 PM EDT

Start of tour: 2:45 PM EDT

Estimated end of tour (Day 1): 9:45-10 PM EDT

Important To Do
If you have, or definitely will buy a ticket, and you aren't listed as having bought a ticket on the Ticket Rollcall please notify me or Tim to update it. You must be on the Ticket Rollcall and Event Discord to participate in the tournament. People who have the Bought Ticket role on the Discord server will be given access to channels with the challonge link.

Make sure that your Discord name on this server, your name on the Ticket Rollcall, and your name in the upcoming challonge bracket are all the same. Info and coordinating games will be primarily done through Discord.

Where:
XY rows on seating map
Seating map

Format:
Double Elimination
Winners' Bracket Bo3
Losers' Bracket Bo1 (Losers' Final Bo3)
Grand Finals: Bo5, Winner' Bracket +1 score advantage


Maps & Vetoes:
Circuit Breaker, Fighting Spirit, Power Bond, Gladiator, Overwatch

Players take turns vetoing maps until one remains. Higher seed picks first (shown in upper bracket slot). Loser picks from map pool, no repeats.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
Ziggy
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
South Korea2107 Posts
July 25 2019 19:45 GMT
#2
is the tour itself going to be a three day affair as well?

WriterDefeating a sandwich only makes it tastier. @imjustziggy
mrwizard70
Profile Joined September 2017
32 Posts
July 25 2019 20:21 GMT
#3
If people want to share an Airbnb or hotel room I would be down.
Tim123321
Profile Joined April 2017
24 Posts
July 25 2019 20:39 GMT
#4
On July 26 2019 04:45 Ziggy wrote:
is the tour itself going to be a three day affair as well?



Assuming it stays between 32 and 64 players it would probably be best as a 2 day event imo (maybe top 4 play on sunday), tho it hasnt been officially decided what the format will be.
SuGo
Profile Joined March 2013
United States681 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-25 21:08:37
July 25 2019 21:01 GMT
#5
I'd highly prefer 1-day tournament taking place Saturday. For folks flying in, I'd imagine most will be wanting to leave on Sunday at a reasonable time. I'm 90% going to come, but I need to test how BW runs on my Mac (only laptop I have and really the main thing I need to check).

Assuming that I do come, I'd fly in Friday evening, hangout, do whatever people are up to; Saturday tournament; and on Sunday, I'd want to catch a flight during the late morning to leave.
L3gendary
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1470 Posts
July 26 2019 15:37 GMT
#6
Do I need to purchase a 3-day BYOC ticket to participate in the tournament? As a more casual player I would prefer just Saturday. I might stick around Sunday to interact and as a viewer.
Watching Jaedong play purifies my eyes. -Coach Ju Hoon
Ty2
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United States1434 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-26 16:18:09
July 26 2019 16:17 GMT
#7
--- Nuked ---
Writer
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10868 Posts
July 26 2019 16:34 GMT
#8
Cool this should be fun for those participating.
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
effzeh
Profile Joined July 2019
4 Posts
July 26 2019 18:00 GMT
#9
As mentioned in the old post. I am in and already booked my seat at Y:1. Will join the discord.
Liquid`MaNa
Profile Joined October 2009
Poland105 Posts
July 26 2019 19:22 GMT
#10
Hmmmmmmm... maybe I should join
Team Liquid
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
July 26 2019 19:25 GMT
#11
Dang Est Coast is Lighting up for Broodwar
"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
July 26 2019 21:41 GMT
#12
I think Artosis mentioned he might be willing to go to something like this if it fit his schedule, maybe bring it to his attention if you haven’t already.
SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
July 27 2019 03:10 GMT
#13
I believe me and Just are carpooling to this. Didn't really expect a prize pool so this is a pleasant surprise. Just glad to meet my friends, hang out, and play some brood war.
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
Aiomon
Profile Joined December 2013
Canada39 Posts
July 27 2019 04:29 GMT
#14
On July 26 2019 05:21 mrwizard70 wrote:
If people want to share an Airbnb or hotel room I would be down.


If you have twitter or discord, fire me a PM @aiomon
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
July 27 2019 05:03 GMT
#15
GLHF everyone! I will be horribly busy at this time, but I hope everyone has a great time
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10868 Posts
July 27 2019 07:36 GMT
#16
On July 27 2019 04:22 Liquid`MaNa wrote:
Hmmmmmmm... maybe I should join

Uhhhh.... DUH
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
.gypsy
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada689 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-28 21:37:53
July 28 2019 21:37 GMT
#17
If you bought a BYOC ticket, are interested in participating, and are not on the Rollcall List, PM me or message me on discord please and I will add you!
https://www.twitch.tv/gypsy93
SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-07-29 09:29:13
July 29 2019 09:28 GMT
#18
I will be bringing USA toiletries because I've been told by my canadian compatriots that their butt paper is coarse and does not have the touch of an angel.
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
asel
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Germany1605 Posts
July 29 2019 15:25 GMT
#19
On July 27 2019 04:22 Liquid`MaNa wrote:
Hmmmmmmm... maybe I should join

Definitly!
eSTRO for life | #3 Sea.Really fan! | GGoliath! | aeterna societas honoris | cbta~ | Flash makes Terran look like Toss | aka RevaL
-Debaser-
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States329 Posts
July 29 2019 15:30 GMT
#20
https://dreamhack.com/montreal/ last 2 days before ticket prices jump to $150...
TL+ Member
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1481
WardiTV968
OGKoka 241
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 241
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 7871
Bisu 1883
Shuttle 1018
Horang2 714
Larva 491
Stork 481
EffOrt 445
BeSt 381
actioN 265
Mini 257
[ Show more ]
Mind 125
Light 111
910 97
Zeus 95
Snow 78
Rush 77
hero 70
Barracks 68
Mong 62
Shinee 57
JYJ 42
ToSsGirL 35
sorry 32
Bale 27
Killer 23
Shine 21
Sexy 21
Aegong 19
HiyA 19
zelot 17
soO 16
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 12
Free 10
Terrorterran 10
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5081
qojqva2501
Dendi968
febbydoto33
Counter-Strike
fl0m2840
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko453
Other Games
singsing3008
hiko1028
B2W.Neo887
Livibee431
TKL 397
XBOCT289
Hui .216
Liquid`VortiX215
XaKoH 182
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 23
• mYiSmile112
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• iopq 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2966
• Jankos2182
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 27m
Replay Cast
8h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 27m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
20h 27m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.