• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:05
CEST 03:05
KST 10:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8799 users

[Interview] VNSL Finals

Forum Index > BW General
24 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 Next All
Probemicro
Profile Joined February 2014
3708 Posts
January 24 2016 04:54 GMT
#1
T/N: translation of a chinese translation of a FOMOS article
source

Winner: (Z)EffOrt

Q: Your thoughts on winning over Bisu?

A: During the course of the finals I felt uneasy, before the finals I actually have utmost confidence about myself, but honestly I often lose to Bisu on stream. I would say Bisu was pretty unlucky today, it feels like a dream that I am able to beat such a strong opponent like Bisu

Q: why were you uneasy?

A: Because of the issue of OS, I am still not very used to win7 yet i am facing a very strong opponent.

Q: Any regret you could not obtain a flawless 3:0 win?

A: It would be nice to get a 3:0 win. But I have executed everything that I have prepared, so I am satisfied with that.

Q: How did you prepare?

A: I felt that I did not sleep very well during my preparation period, I had (P)free, (P)GuemChi and (P)Movie to aid me with practice. After this I will be treating them to a meal. Especially (P)Movie, since I pestered him a lot for practice.

Q: The final set was exciting, when was the moment that you felt that you have won?

A: Back in 2006 when I first won something, this was also the map of the final set (Probably meant 2010 Korean Air OSL Flash v Effort finals zzz...) Since I have a precedent for this scenario, my mind was at ease, though I did not felt that I was gonna win until the very last moment of the set.

Q: VNSL will continue in 2016.

A: This was an extremely grueling and tiring finals, I want to take a good rest for now. But I will be sure to join the next season.

Q: This is your first major title since returning to BW

A: I always wanted to stand on the biggest stage again, I have the confidence to beat anyone. With hard work, the title is easily achievable.

Q: Do you think the BW leagues will continue on in the future?

A: Honestly in the matches leading up to the finals I did not feel any presence, but today there were tons of people in the audience. I feel proud of the continued popularity of this game. I also express gratitude to the dedicated viewers of my Afreeca stream.

Q: Any plans and goals for the future?

A: I don't really have a concrete goal for the future yet, I guess getting this VNSL title counts as one. As always, I just strive to maintain my position at the top

Q: Any other words?

A: I got too excited when I won the event, so I forgot to express my thanks before. So now I would like to thank AfreecaTV CEO Mr. Seo and also Kongdoo's (Z)Shark. Especially Mr. Seo who has worked very hard for us to ensure the success of this league.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
January 24 2016 05:05 GMT
#2
A: Because of the issue of OS, I am still not very used to win7 yet i am facing a very strong opponent.


AAHAHAHAHAHAA, HE HAD TO PLAY WITH WIN7 AND STILL WON :D
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Wrath
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
3175 Posts
January 24 2016 05:07 GMT
#3
Gratz effort. If only Bisu's practice partners were giving him real practice instead of shady betting on eyebrows shaving...
HyralGambit
Profile Joined February 2014
2439 Posts
January 24 2016 05:20 GMT
#4
Windows 7 killing E-sports guys ;(
Passion overcomes corporate stupidity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX9hbbA-WP4#t=4h2m
Shana
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Indonesia1814 Posts
January 24 2016 05:22 GMT
#5
Thanks for the translation!

Man, that win7 really destroy Effort, eh?
Believing in what lies ahead. | That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.
prech
Profile Joined March 2014
United States2948 Posts
January 24 2016 06:14 GMT
#6
Thanks for the translation, Probe

Wonderful to hear about the comradery with free, GuemChi and Movie. Sounds like EffOrt really practiced hard
Liquipedia
dRaW
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada5744 Posts
January 24 2016 06:26 GMT
#7
What's wrong with playing on windows 7? I don't get it...
I don't need luck, luck is for noobs, good luck to you though
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-24 06:33:42
January 24 2016 06:28 GMT
#8
On January 24 2016 14:22 Shana wrote:
Thanks for the translation!

Man, that win7 really destroy Effort, eh?


On January 24 2016 15:26 dRaW wrote:
What's wrong with playing on windows 7? I don't get it...



I was playing vs computer offline recently on windows 7 (multiplayer). Muta micro is like having 80 ms lag instead of 0 ms on singleplayer i.e. if you dance around the mutas dont react immediately. For some reason there is an inherent lag with windows 7.

I definitely think that was the reason Efforts muta micro against scourges vs Zero looked so sluggish.
Why don't they just have windows xp on the computers as well? Shouldn't be too hard, right? So players can choose which OS they want to play...

Try out dancing around mutas on windows7 on udp or whatever its called and compare it to singleplayer muta micro.
I thought Effort was just a little diva, but after testing it out I get him now.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nikon
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Bulgaria5710 Posts
January 24 2016 10:02 GMT
#9
On January 24 2016 15:28 duke91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2016 14:22 Shana wrote:
Thanks for the translation!

Man, that win7 really destroy Effort, eh?


Show nested quote +
On January 24 2016 15:26 dRaW wrote:
What's wrong with playing on windows 7? I don't get it...



I was playing vs computer offline recently on windows 7 (multiplayer). Muta micro is like having 80 ms lag instead of 0 ms on singleplayer i.e. if you dance around the mutas dont react immediately. For some reason there is an inherent lag with windows 7.

I definitely think that was the reason Efforts muta micro against scourges vs Zero looked so sluggish.
Why don't they just have windows xp on the computers as well? Shouldn't be too hard, right? So players can choose which OS they want to play...

Try out dancing around mutas on windows7 on udp or whatever its called and compare it to singleplayer muta micro.
I thought Effort was just a little diva, but after testing it out I get him now.


And people have been making fun of me when I say I prefer XP for gaming. Take that, unbelievers!
prech
Profile Joined March 2014
United States2948 Posts
January 25 2016 04:33 GMT
#10
On January 24 2016 15:28 duke91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2016 14:22 Shana wrote:
Thanks for the translation!

Man, that win7 really destroy Effort, eh?


Show nested quote +
On January 24 2016 15:26 dRaW wrote:
What's wrong with playing on windows 7? I don't get it...



I was playing vs computer offline recently on windows 7 (multiplayer). Muta micro is like having 80 ms lag instead of 0 ms on singleplayer i.e. if you dance around the mutas dont react immediately. For some reason there is an inherent lag with windows 7.

I definitely think that was the reason Efforts muta micro against scourges vs Zero looked so sluggish.
Why don't they just have windows xp on the computers as well? Shouldn't be too hard, right? So players can choose which OS they want to play...

Try out dancing around mutas on windows7 on udp or whatever its called and compare it to singleplayer muta micro.
I thought Effort was just a little diva, but after testing it out I get him now.

Really interesting information -- would you be able to take a quick video or otherwise document this difference?

Would be a great reference. I can do a quick LP write-up for it, too
Liquipedia
ProMeTheus112
Profile Joined December 2009
France2027 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-25 07:13:59
January 25 2016 07:13 GMT
#11
I was thinking of reinstalling windows XP, I'll probably do that^^ things like navigating files is slower in 7 than XP too
duke91
Profile Joined April 2014
Germany1458 Posts
January 25 2016 11:00 GMT
#12
Maybe there is a fix for that. I don't think that microsoft suddenly introduces lag to lan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)STYLE START SBENU( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
January 25 2016 12:04 GMT
#13
On January 25 2016 16:13 ProMeTheus112 wrote:
I was thinking of reinstalling windows XP, I'll probably do that^^ things like navigating files is slower in 7 than XP too


As someone who is in IT Support, good luck with XP. It's more awful than people remember it being.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
ProMeTheus112
Profile Joined December 2009
France2027 Posts
January 25 2016 16:13 GMT
#14
On January 25 2016 21:04 Qikz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2016 16:13 ProMeTheus112 wrote:
I was thinking of reinstalling windows XP, I'll probably do that^^ things like navigating files is slower in 7 than XP too


As someone who is in IT Support, good luck with XP. It's more awful than people remember it being.

I was using it recently on other comp, some basic functions were faster (graphics display and file navigation), but I had a incompatibility problem with flash player on browsers. It also just boots a lot faster. But it's on a different PC, on a lower end one I used XP but with smaller/less used hard disk for example.. maybe some things are due to hardware. The main windows 7 perk I remember is network setup being a lot easier/reliable?

It's still windows.. I would use linux if I wasn't such a gamer. I think 7 is alright but if those speed problems are related to it frankly I think I just prefer XP in the end.
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
January 25 2016 16:16 GMT
#15
On January 25 2016 13:33 prech wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2016 15:28 duke91 wrote:
On January 24 2016 14:22 Shana wrote:
Thanks for the translation!

Man, that win7 really destroy Effort, eh?


On January 24 2016 15:26 dRaW wrote:
What's wrong with playing on windows 7? I don't get it...



I was playing vs computer offline recently on windows 7 (multiplayer). Muta micro is like having 80 ms lag instead of 0 ms on singleplayer i.e. if you dance around the mutas dont react immediately. For some reason there is an inherent lag with windows 7.

I definitely think that was the reason Efforts muta micro against scourges vs Zero looked so sluggish.
Why don't they just have windows xp on the computers as well? Shouldn't be too hard, right? So players can choose which OS they want to play...

Try out dancing around mutas on windows7 on udp or whatever its called and compare it to singleplayer muta micro.
I thought Effort was just a little diva, but after testing it out I get him now.

Really interesting information -- would you be able to take a quick video or otherwise document this difference?

Would be a great reference. I can do a quick LP write-up for it, too

It has been reported many times that BW is unplayable on new Windows.
I rolled back to Windows 7 from 8 because of lags which made playing less responsive.
It is playable on 7 but it looks like XP is the only version that can be played on without any issues.
And even though it is interesting, sort of, to know the reason, I do not think it changes anything.
letian
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany4221 Posts
January 25 2016 16:19 GMT
#16
On January 26 2016 01:13 ProMeTheus112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2016 21:04 Qikz wrote:
On January 25 2016 16:13 ProMeTheus112 wrote:
I was thinking of reinstalling windows XP, I'll probably do that^^ things like navigating files is slower in 7 than XP too


As someone who is in IT Support, good luck with XP. It's more awful than people remember it being.

I was using it recently on other comp, some basic functions were faster (graphics display and file navigation), but I had a incompatibility problem with flash player on browsers. It also just boots a lot faster. But it's on a different PC, on a lower end one I used XP but with smaller/less used hard disk for example.. maybe some things are due to hardware. The main windows 7 perk I remember is network setup being a lot easier/reliable?

It's still windows.. I would use linux if I wasn't such a gamer. I think 7 is alright but if those speed problems are related to it frankly I think I just prefer XP in the end.

You won't prefer it forever.
New machines will make it impossible to have XP.
Garrl
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Scotland1980 Posts
January 25 2016 17:02 GMT
#17
anyone wanna test without/without windows aero on? I know that aero causes input lag because it forces vsync, perhaps this is why?
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
January 25 2016 18:14 GMT
#18
i've been using http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/499943-ddraw-fix-by-aqrit to play brood war on windows 8.1 and it works quite well actually, and is a great improvement over the current lag that I experienced beforehand. Now, results may vary for others, but it is possible to still play bw on newer OSes
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
ArmadA[NaS]
Profile Joined January 2014
United States348 Posts
January 25 2016 18:50 GMT
#19
On January 26 2016 01:16 letian wrote:
It is playable on 7 but it looks like XP is the only version that can be played on without any issues.

Windows 98 for the true hardcore players /s

Is Win7/8 delayed with the Direct Draw emulation on MCA launcher too?
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
January 25 2016 19:59 GMT
#20
Thanks for the interview!
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft395
CranKy Ducklings18
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft395
CosmosSc2 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2120
Artosis 654
Shuttle 572
910 34
Dota 2
monkeys_forever642
Counter-Strike
taco 38
minikerr12
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox555
Other Games
summit1g8456
JimRising 576
C9.Mang0290
Maynarde138
ViBE130
ArmadaUGS60
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick998
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream106
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
9h 55m
Stellar Fest
11h 55m
The PondCast
1d 8h
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
OSC
1d 22h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.