• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:27
CEST 14:27
KST 21:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13988 users

[SSL] Ro32 Interviews - Group G

Forum Index > BW General
7 CommentsPost a Reply
Stratos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic6104 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-04 19:31:36
January 04 2015 15:48 GMT
#1
[image loading]

(P)free is a perverted player who abuses reavers, (P)Tyson can only win games with carriers and (P)Lazy is much like Tyson minus the carriers. That is how (T)HiyA summed up group G before choosing to play Lazy first. This decision worked out for Hiya but which one of the three remaining players advanced from second place and what were their thoughts?



(T)HiyA advanced to round of 16 after shutting down (P)Lazy's carrier switch attempt in the first match and beating (P)free in the winners' match on Fighting Spirit. What is Fishiking's masterplan for winning this season?

[image loading]


You advanced to round of 16. How do you feel?
I didn't expect to advance this easily. It's a relief. Overcoming a difficult group and advancing, I feel good.

Watching your games, it looked like you prepared well.
I didn't prepare much. I must be better than I thought (laughs). The more I prepared for TvP, the more I felt like I'd be losing so instead I didn't practise.

Even though you didn't prepare much, your play was perfect.
Truthfully I didn't feel like I would win. Since I didn't practice much I even thought that I couldn't win. But with that mindset I was able to relax and play comfortably.

Do you maybe think you shouldn't prepare for the next round either?
Now that I advanced to round of 16, should I practice even less? (laughs) I think round of 16 will be different from this one.

Any particular player you wouldn't want to play in the next round?
There's not a player that worries me, to be honest (laughs). When the countdown starts I'll just say to myself: "I'm probably going to lose but I'll do my best." (laughs)

Source: DES



After beating (P)Tyson in the first game, (P)free lost to (T)HiyA in the winners' match but made up for it by beating (P)Tyson in their back-and-forth re-game on Blue Storm and proving he still deserves his nickname: God of Battle. Just how much does one of the (Wiki)Six Dragons want the SSL title?

[image loading]


You made round of 16. How do you feel?
I had to advance to round of 16 and play at OGN's studio. Am I not one of the Six Dragons? Being one, getting eliminated at the round of 32 and not setting foot on OGN's stage was not an option. I am glad to have advanced to round of 16.

Your skills have gotten better than ever before.
I practised really hard. Even yesterday I practised until 4 AM. I'll take care of the challenge this Starleague poses. (laughs)

You faced a crisis in your re-game against Tyson.
I thought it would be over with the first dragoon attack. I didn't think my opponent was all-in but seeing the dragoons flooding my base I thought I would lose. But thinking I should overcome all hardships and make sure I'm not eliminated, I kept reminding myself that I have to win.

Do you have a recipe for keeping your control calm in unfavorable situations?
If you play so many games, everything about the map and the engagements becomes your second nature.

You made a mistake, losing a shuttle with two reavers.
When my shuttle was sniped, it was the second time I almost gave up (laughs). Still, I caught up to my opponent by sniping his reavers. Thinking I would win the game, Tyson had to commit to an attack. I have been there before (laughs). It was Tyson's only option.

Are you looking forward to playing at OGN's studio?
I never managed to reach the finals of a Starleague as a progamer. I really want to do that so I think I will practise even harder. I want to make my fans happy.

Source: DES



Original interviews by Daily eSports journalist Lee Sora - sora@dailyesports.com

Note: The short introductions are not translations, only the actual interviews.

SSL banners by: DiMiaN
Facebook Twitter Reddit
En Taro Violet
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-04 18:24:40
January 04 2015 18:24 GMT
#2
Thanks Stratos! Hiya played some fantastic games and free did really well to survive those attacks from T yson.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
NeThZOR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa7387 Posts
January 04 2015 19:29 GMT
#3
"There's not a player that worries me, to be honest". That's the spirit Hiya!
SuperNova - 2015 | SKT1 fan for years | Dear, FlaSh, PartinG, Soulkey, Naniwa
bioboyAT
Profile Joined July 2004
Austria1765 Posts
January 04 2015 19:47 GMT
#4
Hiya just being Hiya. I hope he can show us some fancy strats in the ro16.
In the Free vs Tyson game I also lost hope for him twice or thrice. I feel bad for Tyson, he chocked so hard ;_; but Free also deserves it!

Thanks for the translation.
Milchmann | DeadVessel: Milchmann pwns. I fail.
Greg_J
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
China4409 Posts
January 04 2015 20:41 GMT
#5
Thanks Stratos. HiyA fighting
Cele
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Germany4016 Posts
January 04 2015 23:24 GMT
#6
thx for the interview stratos, insightful and entertaining (;
Broodwar for life!
Mirabel_
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States1768 Posts
January 05 2015 00:51 GMT
#7
Anyone else notice that the Protoss are evolving this tournament?
get stronger play longer
Jragon
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia1471 Posts
January 09 2015 00:29 GMT
#8
Thanks Stratos!
"Bisu is just too good." - Jaedong (http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=218995) "Bisu hyung's play is just too good" - Flash (http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=225861)
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings104
CranKy Ducklings SOOP43
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko312
SHIN 177
ProTech132
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33175
Hyuk 1437
Bisu 1325
Shuttle 1296
Mind 358
EffOrt 295
Larva 280
firebathero 242
Soma 206
ZerO 133
[ Show more ]
Last 131
Mini 99
Leta 92
Zeus 80
Hm[arnc] 78
Pusan 61
Hyun 56
Trap 39
hero 37
Killer 37
Bale 35
PianO 31
Sexy 30
ToSsGirL 27
sorry 24
Aegong 23
zelot 16
yabsab 14
Noble 12
Sacsri 8
JulyZerg 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 5
Dota 2
Gorgc1817
qojqva1205
Dendi1148
XcaliburYe455
XaKoH 406
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1665
crisheroes310
Other Games
gofns41347
singsing2579
B2W.Neo1099
Happy293
DeMusliM204
Livibee117
Mew2King110
ToD81
ArmadaUGS46
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream183
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 64
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8457
League of Legends
• Jankos1740
Other Games
• WagamamaTV220
Upcoming Events
FEL
3h 33m
AI Arena Tournament
4h 33m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 33m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 33m
INu's Battles
23h 33m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.