• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:16
CEST 19:16
KST 02:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9356 users

[SSL] Ro32 Interviews - Group E

Forum Index > BW General
6 CommentsPost a Reply
Stratos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic6104 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-02 20:17:47
January 02 2015 15:04 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Daily eSports is back at SonicTV studio to give us more insightful interviews for the 10th Sonic Starleague. This time Nam Yoon Sung interviewed the winners of group E in the round of 32 featuring (Z)hero, (P)Zeus, (T)Major and (P)GuemChi.

As always, the short introductions are not translations.



With the two oldschoolers in (P)Zeus and (T)Major along with (P)GuemChi in his group, the Protoss slayer (Z)hero was the favorite to advance first and while he managed to do that by beating Zeus and GuemChi, it wasn't as smooth of a sailing as expected. At one point, he even thought he'd be eliminated. What does the first Zerg to advance to the round of 16 think of his chances in this Starleague?

[image loading]


You are the first Zerg to advance to round of 16.
Many good Zergs were unexpectedly eliminated in the round of 32. It was a bit of a burden but I was confident I would advance as long as I played my game.

In your game against Zeus you faced a deep crisis.
I thought Zeus sunbae would come with some tricks but he prepared well. Seeing his two gate strategy I thought he was all-in but instead he forced me to play all-in. I really thought I would lose.

What do you think of Zeus' style?
I expected a two gate opening on Sin Peaks of Baekdu but I didn't expect it to be perfectly executed. Zeus sunbae seemed really well prepared. I was taken a back and that's when the crisis came.

You dominated GuemChi by taking advantage of every possible opening in a flawless ZvP.
In the first game my hands weren't quite warmed up. In the winners' match I played confident I wouldn't lose and that allowed me to play comfortably.

You seem to have regained the ZvP skills of your prime. How about your ZvZ or ZvT?
I think I will be able to show better ZvT than before. As for ZvZ, it looks like it will be difficult to show that in this Starleague. Since many Zergs were eliminated I don't give the matchup a lot of thought. In the round of 16 I'll be facing a Terran and two Protoss players, if I'm right.

You will face two Protoss players in the next round as well.
Looking at the race distribution it seems ideal for me. Truthfully I wanted to go to group C so having drawn it is really great.

In the last season you finished second. Now that Bisu isn't playing, will first place be possible?
It's true that Bisu sunbae not participating means one less powerful rival to deal with. But since there are other very good players I can't become comfortable. I think I got into the finals of the 9th Sonic Starleague due to the groups drawing that played in my favor. This season I also want to show my utmost best play.

Final word?
Mini helped me with practice greatly. While I didn't contact him beforehand, he was on BattleNet and readily helped me when I asked. I am really thankful.

Source: DES



Former Woongjin Stars progamer (P)GuemChi returned from the military to stream on Afreeca and ever since he has been proving he has what it takes to make some results in the SSL. But just how well would his performance translate to the offline setting? GuemChi did advance by beating (T)Major twice but his lost game against (Z)hero can be attributed to more than just bad luck as he himself admitted. Unsatisfied with his nickname, GuemChi also expressed a deep desire for a new haircuit.

[image loading]


It's been a long time since we've seen you play in official competition.
Since it's been a long time I felt quite nervous. I did end up advancing but made a lot of mistakes. I couldn't play as relaxed as in practice.

In your game against Major, you showed textbook PvT.
My build worked out well. Since Major works full-time he probably wasn't able to practice as much.

In the winners' match against hero you couldn't play as relaxed as you wanted.
Truthfully, I spent a lot of time preparing for hero. My goal was to advance from winners' match. I knew hero's build as well but I couldn't think straight and was unable to respond properly.

How is your life after military discharge?
I started streaming on Afreeca. It was sad not having a team to return to. It wasn't just Woongjin Stars, other teams disbanded too so I was really sad.

As a progamer you had the nickname OMEKIM but today it wasn't like that. Rather than that it was an eye-candy.
In the winners' match, I still showed some OMEKIM (laughs). At least in my two games against Major I didn't do that.

T/N: The nickname comes from Guemchi's 08-09 SPL game against firebathero where both players performed much below the level you'd expect from progamers and when GuemChi finally won, he performed an awkward dance ceremony. Netizens would then spam OME (Oh My Eyes!) on the boards to which eventually GuemChi's family name (Kim) was added.
GuemChi further solidified this image in his SPL game against Fantasy when he lost his proxying probe and finally, there was his STX Masters game against SangHo. After a passive opening, both armies went past each other and took over the enemy base to start their own nexus. The two armies then clashed, leaving GuemChi with only a reaver in a shuttle and SangHo with an extra dragoon to his name. What followed cannot be unseen. ~ wikipedia


Before participating, you announced you would shave your head if you didn't reach round of 8.
These days I don't have a work to go to besides streaming on Afreeca. I don't have to go out and show myself but I announced this to show my commitment to this Starleague and to push myself to practice even harder.

What do you think about group D?
There's still not a lot of people in group D so I don't have any particular thoughts.

Any words?
I want to thank (T)PianO and (Z)ZerO for helping me practise and I hope that (T)Sharp and (P)free advance from their groups.

Source: DES



Original interviews by Daily eSports journalist Nam Yoon Sung - thenam@dailyesports.com

SSL banners by: DiMiaN
Facebook Twitter Reddit
En Taro Violet
NeThZOR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa7387 Posts
January 02 2015 19:56 GMT
#2
General Guemchi
SuperNova - 2015 | SKT1 fan for years | Dear, FlaSh, PartinG, Soulkey, Naniwa
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11821 Posts
January 03 2015 04:17 GMT
#3
Oohh ZeuS you gave your best.

Didn't know about OMEKIM before this.

Thanks for translating this as well ^^! Go Hero and Guemchi!
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 03 2015 05:56 GMT
#4
Thanks Stratos!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
purakushi
Profile Joined August 2012
United States3304 Posts
January 03 2015 06:02 GMT
#5
OMEKIM! haha
T P Z sagi
Probemicro
Profile Joined February 2014
3708 Posts
January 03 2015 06:05 GMT
#6
funny how guemchi goes online on afreeca the moment i read this article
JFKWT
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Singapore1442 Posts
January 04 2015 15:08 GMT
#7
[image loading]
The calm before the storm / "loli is not a crime, but meganekko is the way to go!"
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 255
ProTech153
UpATreeSC 115
BRAT_OK 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3741
Bisu 1923
Soulkey 1134
EffOrt 707
Mini 493
Larva 347
Horang2 240
ZerO 232
Dewaltoss 166
actioN 162
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 153
hero 96
Mind 84
Sharp 82
Shinee 57
sorry 49
Barracks 34
Trap 26
Bale 25
Hyun 25
Terrorterran 22
ToSsGirL 19
NaDa 19
Rock 16
Sacsri 13
scan(afreeca) 11
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5982
Dendi1434
XaKoH 391
420jenkins365
League of Legends
Reynor65
Counter-Strike
fl0m3942
pashabiceps736
Fnx 670
x6flipin308
edward22
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu279
Other Games
Grubby1720
Liquid`RaSZi1434
hiko839
FrodaN639
XBOCT254
Livibee174
TKL 123
C9.Mang0116
QueenE90
Mew2King41
RotterdaM30
ZerO(Twitch)23
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV216
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 72
• Reevou 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 40
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV675
League of Legends
• Nemesis2974
• TFBlade744
Other Games
• Shiphtur445
• imaqtpie234
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 44m
Patches Events
22h 44m
The PondCast
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.