• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:47
CEST 07:47
KST 14:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7807 users

[Interview] 2010-11-7 MBC vs Stars Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-08 09:12:02
November 08 2010 08:48 GMT
#1
Stars continues to do extremely well this season.

Soulkey, Zero

[image loading]


Q: Thoughts on your win today?
>Soulkey: Before today, the team and I were both on 2 game losing streaks. Today I knew I had to win, but I felt my health was slightly poor, so I was a bit worried. But the game went better than expected, and lady luck was on my side, so I was very happy today.
>Zero: Because the team was on a 2 game losing streak, I felt today's match was extremely important. It's good that I clinched the match.

Q: Zero, you lost game 3 to another Zerg.
>Zero: I was already in a 2 game losing streak, but I've had a 9 game losing streak before, so I wasn't too worried. I feel that things like 2 game losing streaks can be broken at any time, so I didn't care about it so much.

Q: Soulkey, you've lost your last 2 ZvPs.
>Soulkey: Even though I'm nub, my opponents have been strong too. I have great ambitions, though. Although my recent losses have been regrettable, it won't impact me greatly.

Q: Soulkey, you also had the experience from the last Ace match.
>Soulkey: Even though the team trusted me that much, I ended up losing, and for that I'm really sorry. But I'm glad that the team puts this much trust in me. In the future, I'll do even better.

Q: Soulkey, you seem to have a history with Snow.
>Soulkey: I'm not as good as him; Snow is pretty good. I don't pick my opponents, so meeting Snow repeatedly is pretty cool. I'll be facing him in the OSL too, so this time I'll definitely conquer him.

Q: Soulkey, today you played a macro game with Sea.
>Soulkey: It wasn't so much the maps as my grasp of ZvT. Next time we play KT, I hope to face up against Flash, but it doesn't really matter who I play. [T/N unsure of that last part]

Q: Zero, you finally won an Ace match.
>Zero: Last season, my record in ace matches was abysmal, which was one factor that caused us to miss the playoffs. Even though I was anxious today, it's good that I ended my ace match losing streak.

Q: Zero, you faced Light in the Ace match.
>Zero: Today I lost a ZvZ, so I hoped to play another race in the ace match. Once I learned my ace match opponent was a T, I was very happy.

Q: Zero, you chose to use Lurkers.
>Zero: Every time I went mutas, it felt like the T had an easy time. So on Icarus, I decided to go for quick lurkers. Drops were good, but I've had bad experiences with them in other matches. I guess those times my strength was poor. I knew in the Ace match I could face that again, so I hoped just to avoid making mistakes. But I wasn't going to play ZvZ but rather ZvT, so I thought that even if I slipped up I could make up for it with strong macro. [T/N a bit unsure]

Q: Zero, it seems that the responsibility of the Ace match is heavier.
>Zero: Last year, I did really badly in ace matches, which was disappointing. I now think that even if I lose an earlier game in the match, the ace is a must-win.

Q: Anything else?
>Soulkey: I broke my 2 game losing streak, which is awesome. I'll work hard to make this into a winning streak.
>Zero: Really and flying have fully adjusted to our team. Really has finally shown his true colors. I believed him at first to be very pure and kind-hearted, but once I got familiar I discovered he was extremely manly. I hope he can explain it himself in his interview. Really manly. (haha) [T/N this is disturbing, but perhaps only because i also translated the interview where Zero said flying was gay... also, i'm not 100% certain if he means "manly" in that sense]



Really, flying

[image loading]


Q: It's the first win for you (Flying) since switching teams. Thoughts and feelings?
>Really: Flying's wins and losses have nothing to do with me. (haha) jk. To be honest, I really hope flying can win a lot. If he goes on a win streak, I'll feel bad. [T/N what?]
>Flying: All of my teammates have won already, but I still hadn't, so I was worried. I feel like today's win was a miracle.

Q: Really, it looks like your condition still isn't too good.
>Really: Before I switched teams, I didn't play much, so my condition is lousy. But right now I'm working very hard, and I'm enjoying it. I'm confident, and I feel like I can start doing well.

Q: Flying, were you nervous for your appearance?
>Flying: Very much so. Even though my team required a P to go up, I worked hard to make sure I didn't make impetuous judgments during the game like last time. [T/N that's mostly literal translation since I'm not sure what he's talking about]. In the opening, I was harassed while trying to expand, but it's good that I won eventually.

Q: Flying, you usually go up on Central Plains, so it seems that PvP has become important.
>Flying: I'm very confident in my PvP, but I don't feel quite used to playing in televised matches yet. I feel like it's an obstacle for me. Adjusting to the new team is no problem, but adjusting to playing televised is still an issue.

Q: Flying, you've been on a streak of losing from good situations.
>Flying: I'm just too nervous. I got an advantage in the early game, but I got impatient because I thought it was a very large advantage. I need to fix that. Today I wanted to play cautiously, and the game generally went according to plan, although while I was being harassed I was a bit unsettled. To be honest, I'm always worried about slipping up in the early game.

Q: Really, out of your 3 wins, 2 have been TvZ.
>Really: I'm getting better; how could I not, when I'm practicing with the Woongjin Zergs? I've learned a lot since I arrived. I've been constantly discovering new things while practicing with them.

Q: Really, how was the game?
>Really: My opponent was Hyun, but I kinda like him. I've chatted with him, and he says he overthought it. He expected me to cheese because I chose to fast expand.

Q: Really, so you chose to take the 1 o'clock quickly.
>Really: If I had chosen to take the 2 o'clock, it would have been tough to defend. There was also a mental war. I felt confident that if the 1 o'clock wasn't attacked, I would win.

Q: At Woongjin, have you guys finally tasted victory?
>Really: Yes, and it tastes great. Winning together with my teammates is awesome. I hope we get this often.
>Flying: I've only gotten 1 win. I hope I can taste victory more often in the future.

Q: Flying, do you interact with free a lot?
>Flying: If I have any questions, I often ask him. If we can become mutual beneficiaries, that would be excellent. Free seemed very happy to see me arrive, but I don't know if he was being honest about that (haha).

Q: Anything else?
>Flying: I've been upset recently because of my 2 losses, but now that I've got a win under my belt, I can feel less pressured. I'll play better from now on.
[T/N I wonder why Really has no comment]

source: http://www.playsc.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=217671&extra=page=1
krn source: http://news.naver.com/sports/index.nhn?category=e_sports&ctg=news&mod=read&office_id=236&article_id=0000034770&date=20101107&page=2
http://news.naver.com/sports/index.nhn?category=e_sports&ctg=news&mod=read&office_id=236&article_id=0000034771&date=20101107&page=1
Translator:3
vishrut
Profile Joined April 2009
United States567 Posts
November 08 2010 08:56 GMT
#2
Go soulkey!
what did soulkey actually say for the part where he said he was nub?
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
November 08 2010 08:59 GMT
#3
lol good to see stars in the winners interview again. but that last part is disturbing lol
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
November 08 2010 08:59 GMT
#4
On November 08 2010 17:56 vishrut wrote:
Go soulkey!
what did soulkey actually say for the part where he said he was nub?

he literally said that

the wonders of kr->cn->en retranslations
Translator:3
OpticalShot
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada6330 Posts
November 08 2010 09:40 GMT
#5
REALLY MANLY
now that's a hot interview, hahah. thanks for translation
[TLMS] REBOOT
Doughboy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States721 Posts
November 08 2010 16:09 GMT
#6
Oh ZerO, why must you troll us all! And I wish flying had something to say about the gay comment lulz
"Don't be distracted by the what if's, should'ves, and if onlys. The one thing you choose yourself - THAT is the truth of your universe." Fav T: Sea, Leta, Really Fav P: Free, Snow Fav Z: ZerO, GGplay, Jaedong, Neo.G_Soulkey
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
November 08 2010 16:34 GMT
#7
On November 08 2010 17:48 infinitestory wrote:

Q: Really, how was the game?
>Really: My opponent was Hyun, but I kinda like him. I've chatted with him, and he says he overthought it. He expected me to cheese because I chose to fast expand.



Apparently Really and Hyun are friends. ^^

[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler +
off-topic but I can't stand the bag that STX players carry around.

영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
November 08 2010 16:59 GMT
#8
Flying looks different without his glasses
dcberkeley
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada844 Posts
November 08 2010 17:17 GMT
#9
hyvaa looks like a woman
Moktira is da bomb
slappy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1271 Posts
November 08 2010 20:21 GMT
#10
a bit strange.. surely due to language differences/translations
jaedong imba
swanized
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada2480 Posts
November 08 2010 22:41 GMT
#11
thanks for interview !
Writer
Jaksiel
Profile Joined November 2008
United States4130 Posts
November 08 2010 23:32 GMT
#12
Thanks, I'm always happy to see Stars interviews.
Zero fighting.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 189
ProTech130
Nina 91
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20711
Mong 115
Dewaltoss 113
Bale 39
ZergMaN 25
Noble 9
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 745
Other Games
summit1g10107
Sick199
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick895
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 44
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2162
League of Legends
• Lourlo1191
• Rush1063
• Stunt131
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 13m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 13m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 13m
Replay Cast
17h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.