• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:19
CEST 09:19
KST 16:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7847 users

Favourite Commentator ? - Page 5

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
SilentCrono
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1420 Posts
June 07 2010 19:33 GMT
#81
nukethestars was the best commentator ever.
♞ Your soul will forever be lost in the void of a horse. ♞
SuperJongMan
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Jamaica11586 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-07 19:52:05
June 07 2010 19:49 GMT
#82
Nal_Ra is by far the best commentator.
Since starting Old Boy it's even gone up a notch.
I love Kingdom so much, especially as a player, but his commentating isn't very good.

As for english... I guess.. my dear Chilly boy.
He's very analytical, and even though some say he's dry, I think he's just cute and smart.
Yeah, most english commentary is painfully ignorant.
POWER OVERWHELMING ! ! ! KRUU~ KRUU~
kryto
Profile Joined May 2010
United States53 Posts
June 07 2010 19:57 GMT
#83
Tasteless/Day9
illu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2531 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-07 20:10:53
June 07 2010 20:05 GMT
#84
On June 08 2010 04:09 XiaoJoyce- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 03:39 illu wrote:
On June 08 2010 02:07 XiaoJoyce- wrote:
The chinese commentator, one of them named Big Master.

I can read english, but listen to english, it is very hard for me. I have to listen slowly and games goes fast so commentator talk fast thus I cannot understand english commentaries...

I like chinese commentators because language? keke. and also they are always commentating daily, I tink they get paid that is why...

They only commentate OGN broadcast game. If OGN proleague match ended earlier, they might switch to MBC Channel.

The Big Master commentate the most. During start period will talk about player style, their recent performance and give overall understanding. Then when opening is shown, ...

Ah never mind.Stop talking. I think all commentators does that keke.

I prefer the other fat chinese commentator, but I do not know his name. He is more precise. I mean...Big Master sometimes commentate halfway he will talk more about his feeling.Big master always expect alot from progamer. So sometimes he will express dissapointment "OH my...." "Oh my god de" "Why is he doing that? He should..."

Ah so annoying... the players did their best, just continue commentate...

Anyway Chinese language can has a unique way to express feeling so it turns out funny most of the time.

I am always amazed how commentator always to predict what happens next. Ah, maybe all commentator able to do that...

Ah, I remember 1 incident, during Effort vs Flash 1st match OSL final. Effort managed to bring 1 drone in to scout during barrack lift off. Because I didn't play starcraft, only watching. So I do not know the impact. Then in unison they cried out "SHIT HAPPENS! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?"

Ah, caught my attention. It feels like telepathy, the words are exactly the same keke. Then I glued my eyes watching the drone. Even though I do not know what the drone is looking for.

Those who watch from China stream, maybe can tell me his name? The Fat one. He cut his hair recently.


I believe he is called xDLove.


xDLove? I cannot translate into chinese word....maybe you can type out his chinese nickname. So I know..


I am pretty sure we are talking about the same person.

On the point of the PLU commentator, here's a reason I like and hate him:

Here's a hypothetical situation. A PvP game, one player went fast DT the other went for some sort of robotic build. Most English commentators will say "OMG I'm not sure if he can get observers on time!". The PLU commentator will say "it takes xxx seconds for robitic facility and yyy seconds for observatory and zzz seconds for an observer; it takes aaa seconds for the archive to complete, bbb seconds to make two DTs, and ccc seconds to go across the map... so if he builds the robotic facility in the next 10 seconds he should be fine".

I might have exaggerated a little bit, but this is mostly what's going on.
:]
BrodiaQ
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States892 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-07 20:14:12
June 07 2010 20:13 GMT
#85
When I first started Cholera, Klaz, Moletrap, Diggity, and Rise were extremely helpful and so entertaining. Even if their knowledge isn't air tight or complete, it is still extremely helpful for new players or people who haven't seen professional starcraft before. Without them there is no way I'd be into starcraft like I am. They did so much for the community and for very little return and should probably be held in higher regard then they are.

At the moment though the Day9/ Gretorp combo is absolutely amazing. Gretorp has been my favorite streamer for awhile and now with him casting games with Day9 (the best current caster) it is absolutely ridiculously amazing. Both are hilarious and both seem to have knowledge of the games that are comparable and complimentary. When Day9 doesn't see some possibilities in builds and player actions Gretorp often does and vice versa.

Tastless is amazing too but he hasn't done as much casting lately. His Gom casts were brilliant in every way. Can't wait to hear more from him.
"So come right up and let me squash your creativity with my iron fist of conservative play."--Nony
Husky
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3362 Posts
June 07 2010 20:59 GMT
#86
CombatEx is a legend
Commentaries: youtube.com/HuskyStarcraft
Nytefish
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United Kingdom4282 Posts
June 07 2010 21:06 GMT
#87
Day9 and Chill are my favourites. Day9 just makes anything interesting and Chill knows how to be blunt, doesn't waffle and is good at only saying the useful things.
No I'm never serious.
ed21x
Profile Joined January 2010
United States103 Posts
June 07 2010 21:13 GMT
#88
rise, everyone. damn it, RISE! well, i like his humor the best amongst all the sc2gg commentators =]
a little dab will do ya
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
June 07 2010 21:17 GMT
#89
I agree, Rise is way under appreciated, he also sounds the nicest to meh!
Like his new SC2 dedicated channel too!
▲ ▲ ▲
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3693 Posts
June 07 2010 21:31 GMT
#90
What the hell how is there NOT a poll in this thread. Well ok, the people concerned might feel bad if they see how their fan-base loves them compared to other fan-bases, and it might spark a feud between the Plott Brothers that would carry on down to the third and fourth generation...

Combat-Ex just to laugh, SDM to hear about penetrations and Day[9] if I feel all serious and strategical.
BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
XiaoJoyce-
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
China2908 Posts
June 07 2010 21:39 GMT
#91
On June 08 2010 05:05 illu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 04:09 XiaoJoyce- wrote:
On June 08 2010 03:39 illu wrote:
On June 08 2010 02:07 XiaoJoyce- wrote:
The chinese commentator, one of them named Big Master.

I can read english, but listen to english, it is very hard for me. I have to listen slowly and games goes fast so commentator talk fast thus I cannot understand english commentaries...

I like chinese commentators because language? keke. and also they are always commentating daily, I tink they get paid that is why...

They only commentate OGN broadcast game. If OGN proleague match ended earlier, they might switch to MBC Channel.

The Big Master commentate the most. During start period will talk about player style, their recent performance and give overall understanding. Then when opening is shown, ...

Ah never mind.Stop talking. I think all commentators does that keke.

I prefer the other fat chinese commentator, but I do not know his name. He is more precise. I mean...Big Master sometimes commentate halfway he will talk more about his feeling.Big master always expect alot from progamer. So sometimes he will express dissapointment "OH my...." "Oh my god de" "Why is he doing that? He should..."

Ah so annoying... the players did their best, just continue commentate...

Anyway Chinese language can has a unique way to express feeling so it turns out funny most of the time.

I am always amazed how commentator always to predict what happens next. Ah, maybe all commentator able to do that...

Ah, I remember 1 incident, during Effort vs Flash 1st match OSL final. Effort managed to bring 1 drone in to scout during barrack lift off. Because I didn't play starcraft, only watching. So I do not know the impact. Then in unison they cried out "SHIT HAPPENS! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?"

Ah, caught my attention. It feels like telepathy, the words are exactly the same keke. Then I glued my eyes watching the drone. Even though I do not know what the drone is looking for.

Those who watch from China stream, maybe can tell me his name? The Fat one. He cut his hair recently.


I believe he is called xDLove.


xDLove? I cannot translate into chinese word....maybe you can type out his chinese nickname. So I know..


I am pretty sure we are talking about the same person.

On the point of the PLU commentator, here's a reason I like and hate him:

Here's a hypothetical situation. A PvP game, one player went fast DT the other went for some sort of robotic build. Most English commentators will say "OMG I'm not sure if he can get observers on time!". The PLU commentator will say "it takes xxx seconds for robitic facility and yyy seconds for observatory and zzz seconds for an observer; it takes aaa seconds for the archive to complete, bbb seconds to make two DTs, and ccc seconds to go across the map... so if he builds the robotic facility in the next 10 seconds he should be fine".

I might have exaggerated a little bit, but this is mostly what's going on.


Ahh, never mind about his name keke.

Actually, I think China works this way. Not only in Starcraft, but I think most of the people in China use math to do calculation for decision making.

Ah, I am guilty. Actually during middle school I have already made some calculation. Simple ones like how to improve my english using shortest amount of time. How much time devote on topic. Target score..

Which route takes me to get degree faster, overseas or no? High school or straight polytechnic? Working how many years before university.. kekeke.

I feel so different back then. I feel more..sensible? Ah, but some people doesn't like me, too serious. I don't like him too, everytime pick on me. I think I am not so bad. He is the one who is bad, barely made it past year 3 and still no sense of ...worry? In the end didn't make it to high school, do not want to retain middle school so quit and rot 2 years at home play computer?

No, off topic. keke. Stop here.
Pew! Pew! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
slappy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1271 Posts
June 07 2010 21:40 GMT
#92
klazart is the best and only one who has intensity like the korean guys
jaedong imba
ProoM
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Lithuania1741 Posts
June 07 2010 21:48 GMT
#93
NukeTheStars is the best =D
IMBA - International Mountain Bicycling Association.
FiRewater
Profile Joined April 2010
United States56 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-07 22:21:59
June 07 2010 22:20 GMT
#94
Moletrap, diggity, and klazart got me into pro sc commentary, until that point I didn't know it existed.

For sc2 no one comes close to day9. Raelcun is actually pretty good also.

Edit: The MLG guy, forgot his name is actually pretty good as well. Besides actual strategic commentary and entertainment value, voice plays a huge role.
Zeke50100
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2220 Posts
June 07 2010 22:22 GMT
#95
On June 08 2010 05:59 HuskyTheHusky wrote:
CombatEx is a legend


Quote for truth; it really can't be denied.

Of course, you're pretty awesome to listen to, Husky
AlwaysGG
Profile Joined March 2009
Taiwan952 Posts
June 07 2010 22:25 GMT
#96
tasteless & artosis

nukethestar & cholera

Trust 神教教主 FlaSh | Believe 火心 EffOrt
DrivE
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States2554 Posts
June 07 2010 22:34 GMT
#97
Cholera for his Hyuk commentaries.
Too bad he hasn't been active at all for the past 6 months T.T
LUCK IS NO EXCUSE
manymunkies
Profile Joined April 2009
United States184 Posts
June 07 2010 22:35 GMT
#98
gotta love kim carriers outbursts
Be water my friend
GinNtoniC
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Sweden2945 Posts
June 07 2010 23:07 GMT
#99
Kim Carrier

Otherwise Klaz fockin Art haha.
Gotta love the leprekaun!
Huge fan of JulyZerg, HonestTea and that guy Kim Taek Yong.
FXOTheoRy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States519 Posts
June 07 2010 23:11 GMT
#100
The Plott brothers for sure!
oyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoy
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 155
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 511
HiyA 211
Mong 63
Shine 55
Bale 35
NotJumperer 34
Noble 10
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm195
League of Legends
JimRising 583
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 824
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft778
Other Games
summit1g9118
ceh9399
Happy366
PiGStarcraft347
Livibee121
olofmeister95
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream538
Other Games
gamesdonequick528
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH133
• LUISG 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2367
League of Legends
• Rush1393
• Lourlo1226
• Stunt461
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 41m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 41m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 41m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.