• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:19
CEST 09:19
KST 16:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7847 users

Favourite Commentator ? - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
MageKirby
Profile Joined July 2009
United States535 Posts
June 07 2010 16:22 GMT
#61
Kingdom.

For the non korean, I used to enjoy Cholera.
Garaman
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States556 Posts
June 07 2010 16:24 GMT
#62
day[9]
his casting of chill vs combat-ex has cemented him into history.
Quasimoto3000
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States471 Posts
June 07 2010 16:57 GMT
#63
Klazart, always a place in my heart for that man. He is the grandaddy of english commentators ask any current eng commentator, like nuke, theyl admit it.

Althought his strategic insight wasnt the best, I find his games most exciting, by far. He brings soo much passion its infectious.

I have turned so many people on to competitive starcraft through that man.

Aw man, way to go, now i miss him

COME BACK KLAAAAAZZZZ ):
Every sunday a nun lays from my gunplay
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
June 07 2010 16:58 GMT
#64
On June 08 2010 01:57 Tha_Docta wrote:
Klazart, always a place in my heart for that man. He is the grandaddy of english commentators ask any current eng commentator, like nuke, theyl admit it.


are you sure about that
Writer
XiaoJoyce-
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
China2908 Posts
June 07 2010 17:07 GMT
#65
The chinese commentator, one of them named Big Master.

I can read english, but listen to english, it is very hard for me. I have to listen slowly and games goes fast so commentator talk fast thus I cannot understand english commentaries...

I like chinese commentators because language? keke. and also they are always commentating daily, I tink they get paid that is why...

They only commentate OGN broadcast game. If OGN proleague match ended earlier, they might switch to MBC Channel.

The Big Master commentate the most. During start period will talk about player style, their recent performance and give overall understanding. Then when opening is shown, ...

Ah never mind.Stop talking. I think all commentators does that keke.

I prefer the other fat chinese commentator, but I do not know his name. He is more precise. I mean...Big Master sometimes commentate halfway he will talk more about his feeling.Big master always expect alot from progamer. So sometimes he will express dissapointment "OH my...." "Oh my god de" "Why is he doing that? He should..."

Ah so annoying... the players did their best, just continue commentate...

Anyway Chinese language can has a unique way to express feeling so it turns out funny most of the time.

I am always amazed how commentator always to predict what happens next. Ah, maybe all commentator able to do that...

Ah, I remember 1 incident, during Effort vs Flash 1st match OSL final. Effort managed to bring 1 drone in to scout during barrack lift off. Because I didn't play starcraft, only watching. So I do not know the impact. Then in unison they cried out "SHIT HAPPENS! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?"

Ah, caught my attention. It feels like telepathy, the words are exactly the same keke. Then I glued my eyes watching the drone. Even though I do not know what the drone is looking for.

Those who watch from China stream, maybe can tell me his name? The Fat one. He cut his hair recently.
Pew! Pew! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
pyr0ma5ta
Profile Joined May 2010
United States458 Posts
June 07 2010 17:13 GMT
#66
playgu
playgu
playgu


ya playgu ga

-----
But seriously, moletrap, diggity, and nukethestars. I can't stand Ranshin though, so it's kind of obnoxious when Nuke and Ranshin dual big matches. Good thing they're usually also dual'd by the molester and digg-dawg.

Also, Klazzy we miss you.
"I made you a zergling, but I eated it." - Defiler
QibingZero
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
2611 Posts
June 07 2010 17:20 GMT
#67
On June 08 2010 00:29 Roffles wrote:
Korean commentators are by far the best. It's like watching soccer in America. Would you rather have ESPN announcers who are boring as hell or Telemundo commentators who are completely into the game? Definitely worth it for the GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL or in this case the PLAYGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.


Exactly. Even if the video quality is much worse, I prefer to watch Telemundo!

This is also why Klazart, despite his many faults, was one of the best English commentators (that was English he was speaking, right?).
Oh, my eSports
Issor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States870 Posts
June 07 2010 17:21 GMT
#68
My favorite is probably the Tasteless/Artosis combo, but for single commentaries it's a pretty good tie between Diggity, Moletrap, and the Plott brothers.

I've never really like HD or Husky. I like Husky more than HD because Husky at least knows why players do some of the "weird" things they do... not to mention he's not monotone as shit. HD sounds like he's faking it when he's not monotone.

AaronEB
Profile Joined May 2010
United States76 Posts
June 07 2010 17:23 GMT
#69
Day[9]. Mostly because I like it when people don't yell at me.
I'm pretty sure that if you a drink for everything Day[9] says bejewjaler and baller you will get alcohol poisoning.
Demand2k
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Norway875 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-07 18:09:20
June 07 2010 18:09 GMT
#70
Tasteless, Artosis and Day[9] for entusiasm and knowledge
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
June 07 2010 18:13 GMT
#71
On June 08 2010 01:57 Tha_Docta wrote:
Klazart, always a place in my heart for that man. He is the grandaddy of english commentators ask any current eng commentator, like nuke, theyl admit it.


I loled
beep boop
pyr0ma5ta
Profile Joined May 2010
United States458 Posts
June 07 2010 18:15 GMT
#72
On June 08 2010 02:20 QibingZero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 00:29 Roffles wrote:
Korean commentators are by far the best. It's like watching soccer in America. Would you rather have ESPN announcers who are boring as hell or Telemundo commentators who are completely into the game? Definitely worth it for the GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL or in this case the PLAYGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.


This is also why Klazart, despite his many faults, was one of the best English commentators (that was English he was speaking, right?).


...Sometimes. Sometimes he spoke gibberish. Which was also amusing.
"I made you a zergling, but I eated it." - Defiler
Geoube
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada67 Posts
June 07 2010 18:24 GMT
#73
The OP summed it up perfectly for me. Moletrap is my favourite. First one I found when youtubing randomly and reignited my love for StarCraft. He has good insight into the game and keeps it interesting and fun. All the sc2gg guys are pretty good though and Violetak
Hyren
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States817 Posts
June 07 2010 18:35 GMT
#74
Day[9] most def. Like others have mentioned, his Chill vs Combat-Ex commentary was so hilarious :D He says penis a lot, compares Chill's Mutas to Syphilis, invents an energy drink called "Bear Semen", and bashes Combat-Ex's double observatory and "hidden tech". What more do you want?

Not too mention I would incredi-suck if it wasn't for the Day[9] daily. His strategical thinking is unparalleled.
Power-tripping mod for Trump's stream
illu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2531 Posts
June 07 2010 18:39 GMT
#75
On June 08 2010 02:07 XiaoJoyce- wrote:
The chinese commentator, one of them named Big Master.

I can read english, but listen to english, it is very hard for me. I have to listen slowly and games goes fast so commentator talk fast thus I cannot understand english commentaries...

I like chinese commentators because language? keke. and also they are always commentating daily, I tink they get paid that is why...

They only commentate OGN broadcast game. If OGN proleague match ended earlier, they might switch to MBC Channel.

The Big Master commentate the most. During start period will talk about player style, their recent performance and give overall understanding. Then when opening is shown, ...

Ah never mind.Stop talking. I think all commentators does that keke.

I prefer the other fat chinese commentator, but I do not know his name. He is more precise. I mean...Big Master sometimes commentate halfway he will talk more about his feeling.Big master always expect alot from progamer. So sometimes he will express dissapointment "OH my...." "Oh my god de" "Why is he doing that? He should..."

Ah so annoying... the players did their best, just continue commentate...

Anyway Chinese language can has a unique way to express feeling so it turns out funny most of the time.

I am always amazed how commentator always to predict what happens next. Ah, maybe all commentator able to do that...

Ah, I remember 1 incident, during Effort vs Flash 1st match OSL final. Effort managed to bring 1 drone in to scout during barrack lift off. Because I didn't play starcraft, only watching. So I do not know the impact. Then in unison they cried out "SHIT HAPPENS! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?"

Ah, caught my attention. It feels like telepathy, the words are exactly the same keke. Then I glued my eyes watching the drone. Even though I do not know what the drone is looking for.

Those who watch from China stream, maybe can tell me his name? The Fat one. He cut his hair recently.


I believe he is called xDLove.
:]
mc`C
Profile Joined May 2010
Lithuania16 Posts
June 07 2010 18:47 GMT
#76
Day[9] is really funny and professional I watch his VODs all the time at work. Blip.tv one of the reasons why I watch him.

Peace!
1st Rule - I Rule!
XiaoJoyce-
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
China2908 Posts
June 07 2010 19:09 GMT
#77
On June 08 2010 03:39 illu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 02:07 XiaoJoyce- wrote:
The chinese commentator, one of them named Big Master.

I can read english, but listen to english, it is very hard for me. I have to listen slowly and games goes fast so commentator talk fast thus I cannot understand english commentaries...

I like chinese commentators because language? keke. and also they are always commentating daily, I tink they get paid that is why...

They only commentate OGN broadcast game. If OGN proleague match ended earlier, they might switch to MBC Channel.

The Big Master commentate the most. During start period will talk about player style, their recent performance and give overall understanding. Then when opening is shown, ...

Ah never mind.Stop talking. I think all commentators does that keke.

I prefer the other fat chinese commentator, but I do not know his name. He is more precise. I mean...Big Master sometimes commentate halfway he will talk more about his feeling.Big master always expect alot from progamer. So sometimes he will express dissapointment "OH my...." "Oh my god de" "Why is he doing that? He should..."

Ah so annoying... the players did their best, just continue commentate...

Anyway Chinese language can has a unique way to express feeling so it turns out funny most of the time.

I am always amazed how commentator always to predict what happens next. Ah, maybe all commentator able to do that...

Ah, I remember 1 incident, during Effort vs Flash 1st match OSL final. Effort managed to bring 1 drone in to scout during barrack lift off. Because I didn't play starcraft, only watching. So I do not know the impact. Then in unison they cried out "SHIT HAPPENS! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?"

Ah, caught my attention. It feels like telepathy, the words are exactly the same keke. Then I glued my eyes watching the drone. Even though I do not know what the drone is looking for.

Those who watch from China stream, maybe can tell me his name? The Fat one. He cut his hair recently.


I believe he is called xDLove.


xDLove? I cannot translate into chinese word....maybe you can type out his chinese nickname. So I know..
Pew! Pew! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
banana
Profile Joined January 2009
Netherlands1189 Posts
June 07 2010 19:26 GMT
#78
- Cholera and Rise duo back when they were casting, primarily what got me to watch and rediscover starcraft once again.
- Tasteless and SDM, fun times.

As I understood the game better, I wanted bit more strategy/insight instead of play by play.

- Day[9], all around one of the best.
- Gretorp, personal favorite, insane understanding of underlying mechanics and gameflow, makes you think outside the box and gives great insight for any player.
- Day[9] + Gretorp combo: "MY DICK IS HARD"
- NukeTheStars: Great solo casting OSL's and general game knowledge.
Zurles
Profile Joined February 2009
United Kingdom1659 Posts
June 07 2010 19:27 GMT
#79
Tasteless, hope he still has it when he comes back.
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
June 07 2010 19:29 GMT
#80
Tasteless and Korean commentators.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 155
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 511
HiyA 211
Mong 63
Shine 55
Bale 35
NotJumperer 34
Noble 10
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm195
League of Legends
JimRising 583
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 824
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft778
Other Games
summit1g9118
ceh9399
Happy366
PiGStarcraft347
Livibee121
olofmeister95
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream538
Other Games
gamesdonequick528
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH133
• LUISG 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2367
League of Legends
• Rush1393
• Lourlo1226
• Stunt461
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 41m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 41m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 41m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.