• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:19
CEST 09:19
KST 16:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7847 users

Favourite Commentator ? - Page 7

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Deleted User 31060
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
3788 Posts
June 08 2010 04:04 GMT
#121
Day9 by far.

I miss cholera and rise, although they're more entertainment than analysis

Artasteless is an unstoppable duo!
Peaked at C- on ICCUP and proud of it! @Sunyveil
never_Nal
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Costa Rica676 Posts
June 08 2010 04:15 GMT
#122
Day[9] all the way, I love his deep analysis in every game
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
June 08 2010 09:41 GMT
#123
On June 08 2010 13:01 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 08:36 Lucid90 wrote:
*Edit*
Oh and I forgot chill. GOD worst commentator ever. Has no personality or charisma and has the most monotone voice ever when commentating. He says nothing that's even remotely funny or entertaining, and I can't understand why people would like him as a commentator. I think a sack of potatoes could do a better job. (this is just my opinion, if you don't agree with it, that's fine)


Haters gonna hate, your commentary in TSL 2 was great and a noticeable improvement to TSL1
I like your dry humour and how you never sound artificial while still bringing a high level of excitement when it's needed
beep boop
Deleted User 55994
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
949 Posts
June 08 2010 10:16 GMT
#124
day9, chill, artosis, tasteless, gretorp, vyanta (when he commentates his own stream), whatever - I like any commentator with a bit of extra insight into the game from their experience playing it at a good level. I dislike the commentators without high level playing experience as they fail to notice alot of things they shouldn't and alot of them are often just completely wrong about the things they talk about.
Kazius
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Israel1456 Posts
June 08 2010 10:34 GMT
#125
I guess Moletrap (for his endless enthusiasm), Diggity (great casting voice) and Day[9] (high-brow analytical skills) are my current favorites, as beyond their skills I can just really hear how they LOVE the game. If you add in the old-time favorites, Klazart (for having WPM to match pro-gamer APM) and Cholera (the sense of humor and personality he gives to casts).

There are a lot of other casters I really like, these guys just stand out.
Friendship is like peeing yourself. Anyone can see it, but only you get that warm feeling.
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
June 08 2010 10:45 GMT
#126
forgot to mention DJWheat, he obviously still lacks knowledge but he's still awesome and entertaining to listen to
beep boop
danbel1005
Profile Joined February 2008
United States1319 Posts
June 08 2010 10:50 GMT
#127
Without any doubt:
Nick Tasteless Plot
Dan Artosis
Sean Day[9]
Just look at their profiles, that speaks for itself.


+ Show Spoiler +
Casters Profiles
"EE HAN TIMING" Jaedong vs Stork [22 December, 2007] 2set @ Finals EVER OSL.
Ryhn
Profile Joined February 2010
United States509 Posts
June 08 2010 11:04 GMT
#128
NukeTheStars is made of win.
Famous Books Written by Progamers - "Clam: Mastering your other self"
Deleted User 55994
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
949 Posts
June 08 2010 11:39 GMT
#129
On June 08 2010 19:45 7mk wrote:
forgot to mention DJWheat, he obviously still lacks knowledge but he's still awesome and entertaining to listen to



ya I like djwheat alot as well, he'll be a good one if he plays the game more
Niton
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2395 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 11:45:26
June 08 2010 11:40 GMT
#130
Short list:

Tasteless, for being Tasteless, and for being responsible for getting me into the SC scene.
Day[9], for being the most informative entertaining caster by a huge margin.
Chill, for being the best co-commentator around. It's amazing how well he seems to mesh with anybody he commentates with.
TotalBiscuit, for making me laugh every single time I watch him cast SC2, even if it's pretty apparent that his knowledge isn't up there.
TheGunRun, for his manly voice and his lighthearted approach to commentary.

Those are the 5 I can think of off the top of my head that I enjoy watching on a consistant basis, but there are some others worth mentioning, either for single events or because what they did was useful:

- Raelcun, for managing to cast for an amazing 31 hours, outlasting anybody who watched his stream.
- orb, because RAGERAGERAGE.
- blinn, for the Amazing Singcast.
- Lilsusie, for asking the kind of questions on-air that were useful to people who were just entering the SC scene, and for keeping Tasteless on-target when he'd start to ramble.
- I've heard Gretorp is a really good commentator, but i've yet to watch any of it.
(edit) - Artosis, for his depth of knowledge, even if his racial bias shows. He's more fun to listen to with SC2 than he was SCBW.

I never really liked SuperDanielMan - he wasn't as good at handling the new player aspect, and he was even worse than Tasteless at veering wildly off-track during games, to the extent where I feel that Tasteless alone would have handled informative commentary on long games better.

Okay, maybe not so short.
tree.hugger: Coming off of [(T)fantasy v. (T)Really] into [(T)Barracks v. (T)MVP] is like coming out of Manhattan into New Jersey. You just have to speed up and ignore it.
Faranth
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
933 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 11:50:20
June 08 2010 11:45 GMT
#131
--- Nuked ---
XiaoJoyce-
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
China2908 Posts
June 08 2010 14:33 GMT
#132
On June 08 2010 13:01 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 08:36 Lucid90 wrote:
*Edit*
Oh and I forgot chill. GOD worst commentator ever. Has no personality or charisma and has the most monotone voice ever when commentating. He says nothing that's even remotely funny or entertaining, and I can't understand why people would like him as a commentator. I think a sack of potatoes could do a better job. (this is just my opinion, if you don't agree with it, that's fine)



I have experienced something like that before in middle school..

If it happened to me I will not but . keke.

Ah, now my life kinda lacking motivation. Maybe some1 should criticize me so I can work things out keke.

No, just kidding! Do not scold me. I think things will get worse if people rant @ me.
Pew! Pew! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
stork4ever
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1036 Posts
June 08 2010 15:35 GMT
#133
i enjoy Shoutcraft, he always makes me smile and laugh
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
June 08 2010 15:43 GMT
#134
other than the good ol koreans i gotta say moletrap
kind of found out about teamliquid thanks to moletrap/diggity
their commentary was very friendly to the newer people
Forever Young
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
June 08 2010 15:58 GMT
#135
I like Chill the best. I feel like I understand the game well enough that Day9 does not offer insight to things I don't already know, and although I like him, I feel like Chill gets more genuinely excited and it's fun to hear him talk about the game.

Honestly, I just want commentators to not sound like they're forcing excitement. Directing my attention is good too. Strategy I can pretty much figure out for myself, so I'm indifferent about it, or annoyed by it if the commentator is really, really wrong (most of the time it doesn't matter if they make a few mistakes though).
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
Lexpar
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
1813 Posts
June 08 2010 16:10 GMT
#136
Over the past year Day[9] has really made a name for himself as a fantastic commentator, and overall cool guy. I'd have to say right now at this very moment he's my favorite, as I'm sure he is for a lot of you.

My first gimps of the starcraft scene was through some old vods casted by Tasteless. He brought a lot of excitement and sense to a game that's not very exciting or interesting to first time watchers. Later with the Gom Intel Classic he succeeded in making the game truly accessible for the first time for a lot of us. He'll always have a place in my heart.

Klazart was definitely great the few times I watched him... He's the only English commentator that goes as deep into the game as Sean does, and it's obvious that he knows what he's talking about.

Chill, as someone a couple posts up mentioned, can chill with just about any other commentator in the world without being intrusive and while still managing to get his point across. He gets points for that.
Tanatos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States381 Posts
June 08 2010 16:20 GMT
#137
No commentator is better than these guys

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Kim Tae Hyung, Chun Yong Jun, Um Jae Kyung! The perfect trio!
ComusLoM
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Norway3547 Posts
June 08 2010 16:28 GMT
#138
Day9 and Husky

Gretorp works awesomely with Day too, and so does Chill!
"The White Woman Speaks in Tongues That Are All Lies" - Incontrol; Member #37 of the Chill Fanclub
Ziemas
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden53 Posts
June 08 2010 16:54 GMT
#139
I really like when Day[9] and Chill cast together. They make a really good team.

Blinn for number 1 though, singcast is the best.
Atom Cannister
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Germany380 Posts
June 15 2010 21:26 GMT
#140
I like them all.

Harsh buzz on Chill, I think you're great!
...
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 155
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 511
HiyA 211
Mong 63
Shine 55
Bale 35
NotJumperer 34
Noble 10
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm195
League of Legends
JimRising 583
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 824
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft778
Other Games
summit1g9118
ceh9399
Happy366
PiGStarcraft347
Livibee121
olofmeister95
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream538
Other Games
gamesdonequick528
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH133
• LUISG 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2367
League of Legends
• Rush1393
• Lourlo1226
• Stunt461
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 41m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 41m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 41m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.