• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:48
CEST 08:48
KST 15:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7725 users

[Interview] Hana Bank MSL Day 3 Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21248 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-08 19:13:31
May 08 2010 19:13 GMT
#1
+ Show Spoiler +


+ Show Spoiler +


free!

[image loading]

You advanced to the Ro4 after 4 seasons.
-My condition hasn’t been great, and it’s been hard preparing. I’ve been slumping, but today was Parent’s Day, and both my parents and my relatives were watching my game, so I prepared extra hard.

You were down 0-1.
-Odd Eye is the hardest map. When I saw that Odd Eye was the second map, I thought that I had to win the first game. When I was down, I felt at a disadvantage, so I decided I had to win all three of the last games. I had some good luck in the games and won in the end.

The game on Triathlon left a deep impression.
-Terran often likes to use strange builds on this map, and I saw the SCV hidden at 12 o’clock in the beginning. Even though I got nuked, the overall game was still in my favor, so I thought I could end it with Recall. If Hiya had killed the Arbiter at my natural it would’ve been difficult. The Arbiter survived also helped my Recalling.

We saw a struggle in the last game.
-I played according to Hiya’s style. Recently, I’ve often improvised based on the in-game situation, and I’ve been doing pretty well. But maybe because I was too nervous, I had a lot of mistakes. But the Gateways came in at a good time, and I defended the timing all-in, so it was fine.

Your next opponent is Flash.
-Even though it’s kind of inappropriate to discuss the maps here, I still have to ay I think the OGN maps are better. On Odd Eye I feel extra pressure. I saw yesterday’s OSL, and Flash played very well. I’m very clear that I’m the underdog, but I think playing with pressure will make it interesting. I think with my style, I can play even more interesting games than the ones with Hiya today.

Last words?
-I’ve been very busy lately and I haven’t gone home, so I gave my parents a lot of nutritional stuff. I felt really bad, and I must reevaluate. I need to care about them more, and I need to work on being a better son later. Also, today is a particular fan’s birthday, I want to say happy birthday. I also want to say that you shouldn’t think about receiving gifts on your birthday, but should think about getting something for your parents.
http://www.wfbrood.com/xingji/hanguoxingji/xingji_48575.html



+ Show Spoiler +


Jaedong!

[image loading]

Over the past three seasons, this is your fifth time in the Ro4.
-I seem to often be able to get into the Ro4 of MSL. Last season I was the champion, so I need to get some results consistent with a champion. My drive to win is the same as always. If I win this time, I can get a lot, but I seem to be on route to meeting a strong opponent. This reminds me of Avalon MSL, the games should be very interesting.

You really did become powerful after May.
-I don’t think I can say that yet. After I sat down for the game today, before it started, I suddenly thought “can I really advance with 2 wins?” Last interview, I said that I hoped to get all wins in May, and so far it’s going well. If I could advance today with 2 wins, then I should be able to continue my good momentum in SPL and MSL.

You’re going to play Calm.
-It should be very interesting. I’m excited for the semifinals, so I’m excited for both preparing and for the actual game. I think this feeling will help my condition, and I’m fully confident. My loss in the Avalon MSL’s semifinals left a deep impression on me, and this will be another motivator for me. I’m also happy because Calm is a powerful player who’s fully qualified for the Ro4. I would often be impressed watching Calm’s game, and I think I can learn a lot from him. [T/N: Jaedong admits to Calm’s awesomeness! “Clam”ers go die kay? ^_^]

You exhibited the strong offensive capabilities of Mutalisks on Triathlon. Were you afraid of the Turrets and Valkyries at all?
-I think it was a war of attrition, so as long as I didn’t make any serious errors with micro, with a lot more resources, I just played according to what I planned. I was in this situation a lot during practice.

Mech seems to no longer be a threat to Jaedong.
-I remembered something that Yarnc said. It’s been a while, so it’s a bit fuzzy, but it was something like “Mech should be saved for Protoss.” I feel the same way, and I’m fully confident. Good management and macro is the key.

The last game was very one-sided.
-I was very lucky, because I had a good spawn position and I managed to find the lack of defense in my opponent’s base.

Flash said he would like to meet you in the finals.
-Of course I would like to meet Flash in the finals too. Even though I really want to, I need to focus on the semifinals first. Of course I would occasionally fantasize about getting in the finals, and hoping that the opponent would be Flash. But before I win the semifinals I need to dispel these thoughts. My opponent in the semifinals is no scrub, so I need to focus.

Flash has been dominating lately, thoughts?
-Of course I’ve been pressured. But you can’t go on dwelling on this kind of stuff. Flash is very good, but I just need to focus and do my own thing. As long as I play games I can be proud off, nothing else really matters. But of course, I still want this championship.

Last words?
-My teammates helped me a lot in preparing for this game, I’m thankful and I’m gonna treat them to a good meal. Also, even though it’s not good to think like this, only having to prepare for SPL and MSL is much easier. It’s been a long time since I’ve been this relaxed. But the OSL preliminaries are soon, so I’m still ambitious and want to do well in both individual leagues. I hope to once again exhibit dominance in the OSL. In SPL, my team won two difficult games, and we’ll continue preparing well for the later games, and strive for a three win streak. Also, fans gave us a bunch of fruit and drinks before the game, so I want to thank them and tell them I ate it all.

http://www.wfbrood.com/xingji/hanguoxingji/xingji_48577.html



Interview from fomos.kr, images from fomos and Daily ESports


TranslatorBaa!
Xxio
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada5565 Posts
May 08 2010 19:14 GMT
#2
Thanks
KTY
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
May 08 2010 19:14 GMT
#3
awesome sauce
Lebesgue
Profile Joined October 2008
4542 Posts
May 08 2010 19:20 GMT
#4
Thanks for the translations. The semifinals will be really epic. The revenge game between Jaedong and Calm and the clash between Flash and Free. Could hardly get any better...
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
May 08 2010 19:23 GMT
#5
Thanks for the translations! + Show Spoiler +
No mention of Hiya, Jaedong?
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-08 19:24:20
May 08 2010 19:24 GMT
#6
Jaedong laying down the law... Mech is best saved for protoss.
eNoq
Profile Joined June 2009
Netherlands502 Posts
May 08 2010 19:26 GMT
#7
Thanks for the translations! Jaedong always gives good interviews <3
Proburu
SuperArc
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Austria7781 Posts
May 08 2010 19:27 GMT
#8
Good mentality, Jaedong!

Never underestimate your opponents.
Snow - future of protoss! :) Nada = baller
Inkblood
Profile Joined February 2010
United States463 Posts
May 08 2010 19:28 GMT
#9
Thanks for the translation.

Looking forward to the semifinals, and of course the finals.
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
May 08 2010 19:33 GMT
#10
"Also, fans gave us a bunch of fruit and drinks before the game, so I want to thank them and tell them I ate it all."

Didn't hiya get ANY?
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
lebalebaleba
Profile Joined March 2010
United States71 Posts
May 08 2010 19:37 GMT
#11
jaedong for gold badge
cunninglinguists
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States925 Posts
May 08 2010 19:38 GMT
#12
On May 09 2010 04:33 StylishVODs wrote:
"Also, fans gave us a bunch of fruit and drinks before the game, so I want to thank them and tell them I ate it all."

Didn't hiya get ANY?

Fish don't eat fruits.
SkelA
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Macedonia13090 Posts
May 08 2010 19:40 GMT
#13
Thanks ! Been waiting for theese for a while.
Stork and KHAN fan till 2012 ...
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
May 08 2010 19:50 GMT
#14
Clam! (and thanks - always awesome to hear what they are saying)
14GG
Profile Joined April 2010
Finland20 Posts
May 08 2010 19:56 GMT
#15
-Even though it’s kind of inappropriate to discuss the maps here, I still have to say I think the OGN maps are better. On Odd Eye I feel extra pressure.


Props to (P)free for bringing up the issue. Triathlon can't possibly be balanced.
It does encourage some interesting play, though.
+ Show Spoiler +
as seen today
hyst.eric.al
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2332 Posts
May 08 2010 20:02 GMT
#16
thank you for the interview! cant wait to see the triathlon game!
Leta , BeSt, Calm fan forever! 김정우, I am sorry I ever lost faith in you.
anch
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States5457 Posts
May 08 2010 20:03 GMT
#17
The secret of winning of Flash and Jaedong,
is those Buddhist beads.
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
May 08 2010 20:39 GMT
#18
On May 09 2010 04:13 Carnivorous Sheep wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

Mech seems to no longer be a threat to Jaedong.
-I remembered something that Yarnc said. It’s been a while, so it’s a bit fuzzy, but it was something like “Mech should be saved for Protoss.” I feel the same way, and I’m fully confident. Good management and macro is the key.

Now I want Flash to mech JD out of these finals.
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
pvzvt
Profile Joined October 2009
Israel2097 Posts
May 08 2010 20:43 GMT
#19
i really really really feel sorry for the players in jaedong's group on the osl preliminaries
its like even if u menage to beat your opponent eventually u'll meet him if he's on your group
i say we dust off and nuke it from orbit
Re-Play-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Dominican Republic825 Posts
May 08 2010 20:50 GMT
#20
i think flash will ge revenge this time
P1: Best rank? P2:1st time iccup, P1:really? P1 looks at the account of P2 WOW B+ last season ^^
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4482
Leta 1869
Shuttle 1619
ZergMaN 55
sorry 46
Shine 35
Soma 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm224
League of Legends
JimRising 617
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King55
Other Games
summit1g6523
WinterStarcraft691
Sick179
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick511
BasetradeTV212
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 23
• Letter1415
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2240
League of Legends
• Rush1340
• Lourlo1075
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 12m
Patches Events
8h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 12m
OSC
16h 12m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.