zerg can sunk up like a bitch, get 3 gas fo free, and Mutas are freaking ridiculous here
also do you take the natural that doesnt have the hatchery first i wonder?
| Forum Index > BW General |
|
dekuschrub
United States2069 Posts
zerg can sunk up like a bitch, get 3 gas fo free, and Mutas are freaking ridiculous here also do you take the natural that doesnt have the hatchery first i wonder? | ||
|
konadora
Singapore66365 Posts
Comments plz!! | ||
|
Impervious
Canada4222 Posts
Also - there seems to be a lot of space to build in the middle, and a short distance from nat to nat. That would be really, really easy to slow-push as a T. It would be very difficult to beat it as Z. Speedzealots would have a short distance to travel to get to Zerg's nat. Very short. That is a huge disadvantage, considering how powerful the 4-gate-2-archon timing attack is. It's also a disadvantage for an early ling rush in ZvP, however, I dunno how to fix that one..... And I don't think it will be too bad, main-to-nat is pretty large. I think upping the hatchery to a hive would be smart. No way to do a fast double-expand then as anyone but Z. And Z probably needs that on this map. As a suggestion to make unbuildable ground in the middle of the map - I have an interesting proposition. This is just an idea I'm throwing out there. Take it as nothing more than that. If you place a creep colony, then a Khaydarin Crystal ontop, then make another creep colony ontop of that, you get a section of creep that is difficult, if not impossible to destroy. It cannot be built on as T or P, but you can build on it as Z. I've always tried to think of ways to include that in a map, and this is the only map that I've seen a decent reason for it, outside of island maps. It would allow Z to build some sunken colonies as a delay measure, but if you placed them well, as well as unbuildable terrain nearby, they could not be used for containment. Overall, I like this map. I'll definitely try it out when I get a chance to. | ||
|
Chaos
United States772 Posts
| ||
|
meeple
Canada10211 Posts
Is the middle buildable? I don't agree that the short distance between the main and the enemies nat is too bad since its not actually ridiculously short and early pressure is something you have to deal with regardless. IMPERVIOUS's suggestion about a crystal on a creep colony is interesting, but I don't know how that will be hugely useful to have indestructible creep colony. Drops and recalls will be key to this map. Short air distance and large main means players will have to keep on their toes, which I think is good, since it gives a viable method to break a really hardcore turtling player. If I had to suggest changes, I would say that perhaps some high ground in the middle would encourage players to move out on the map and make for more dynamic games, but this bungalow style map is cool too. | ||
|
konadora
Singapore66365 Posts
| ||
|
neobowman
Canada3324 Posts
Terran can still roll both Protoss and Zerg with four freakin GAS bases. I would fix this by making the natural (The one at the front) a mineral only and reducing the amount of gas in the backdoor expo's gas. Map looks pretty boring. Might want to spice things up a bit. Try something with the middle or making tankspots in places. Just stuff to make it more interesting to play and not a boring macrofest like Luna or something. | ||
|
Day[9]
United States7366 Posts
| ||
|
404.Delirium
United States1190 Posts
On November 18 2009 04:38 Day[9] wrote: I immediately note that the left and right start positions have an insanely easy time defending the mineral patch in their main (especially when compared to the top and bottom start positions). The left and right spots have the advantage of their starting minerals flush against the edge of the screen. Didn't seem to hurt Othello too badly, as far as I know. | ||
|
On_Slaught
United States12190 Posts
| ||
|
konadora
Singapore66365 Posts
On November 18 2009 04:38 Day[9] wrote: I immediately note that the left and right start positions have an insanely easy time defending the mineral patch in their main (especially when compared to the top and bottom start positions). The left and right spots have the advantage of their starting minerals flush against the edge of the screen. maps like Tornado and Othello seem okay though. | ||
|
CaptainPlatypus
United States852 Posts
On November 18 2009 10:29 konadora wrote: Show nested quote + On November 18 2009 04:38 Day[9] wrote: I immediately note that the left and right start positions have an insanely easy time defending the mineral patch in their main (especially when compared to the top and bottom start positions). The left and right spots have the advantage of their starting minerals flush against the edge of the screen. maps like Tornado and Othello seem okay though. Which means that it isn't something to make or break your map, but it would still be a good thing to avoid Is there a way to just rotate the other two bases' resources so that they all have their minerals flush to the edge of the map, or would that fuck up gas mining? | ||
|
ghermination
United States2851 Posts
| ||
|
konadora
Singapore66365 Posts
On November 18 2009 10:32 CaptainPlatypus wrote: Show nested quote + On November 18 2009 10:29 konadora wrote: On November 18 2009 04:38 Day[9] wrote: I immediately note that the left and right start positions have an insanely easy time defending the mineral patch in their main (especially when compared to the top and bottom start positions). The left and right spots have the advantage of their starting minerals flush against the edge of the screen. maps like Tornado and Othello seem okay though. Which means that it isn't something to make or break your map, but it would still be a good thing to avoid Is there a way to just rotate the other two bases' resources so that they all have their minerals flush to the edge of the map, or would that fuck up gas mining?Well it's possible. On November 18 2009 10:41 ghermination wrote: I think the middle should be high-ground with routes around it, purely because that means fights for position in the middle will be more tactical. My original design was high ground center of map, but later on it just got bleh. | ||
| ||
StarCraft 2 StarCraft: Brood War Britney Dota 2Calm Shuttle Jaedong Horang2 Mini Rush EffOrt Soma Soulkey [ Show more ] Stork ZerO Larva BeSt Snow firebathero Mong Zeus 910 hero Mind sorry Free Sharp Hyun Yoon Shine Shinee PianO ToSsGirL Pusan JYJ Sexy Aegong Bale HiyA Killer Terrorterran scan(afreeca) Rock Hm[arnc] Sacsri Counter-Strike Super Smash Bros Other Games singsing2212 hiko795 Liquid`RaSZi606 B2W.Neo393 crisheroes355 dupreeh270 ceh9252 DeMusliM215 Khaldor209 Livibee188 Pyrionflax185 Liquid`VortiX147 Hui .122 Trikslyr94 QueenE66 ZerO(Twitch)18 Organizations
StarCraft 2 StarCraft: Brood War Dota 2 League of Legends Other Games |
|
Patches Events
The PondCast
INu's Battles
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
Replay Cast
OSC
BSL: Ladder Tournament
Sparkling Tuna Cup
Patches Events
BSL Open Qualifier
[ Show More ] BSL Open Qualifier
WardiTV Weekly
PiGosaur Cup
|
|
|