The real story this set is that I played quite a few ZvZs and got absolutely raped. On the other hand, ZvT is going pretty well for me lately. More on those in their resprective sections.
(12)ZvZ: 1-11 08.3%
( 6)ZvP: 3- 3 50.0%
(10)ZvT: 7- 3 70.0%
(29)ZvZ: 6-23 20.6%
(37)ZvP: 8-29 21.6%
(24)ZvT: 15- 9 62.5%
ZvZ: Basically, I've been getting too greedy with my builds, trying to squeeze in drones here and there, and as a result, I'm getting run over by lings quite often. I need to get back to the basic executions of my build, which involves pretty much nonstop lings until I save up larva for mutas.
ZvP: The existence and power of 2gate in this matchup is really messing me up. I really don't know what build to open anymore. I don't like going 12hatch against FE, and I hate anything but 12hatch against 2gate. I really just need to mass game against protoss, which is kinda difficult since I can't host. If you see me in op irc, and you wanna play some PvZ, yell at me and I'll play as many games as you want.
ZvT: I actually played about 1/2 mnm and 1/2 mech, which is a nice change up from the all mech trend as of late. FYI I count 2port wraith in with mech. I guess I've been doing reasonably well lately with ZvT, though I have encountered the new "Flash Build" a couple times already. My understanding is that it's a mech opening for vulture harass, goliaths/turrets to defend mutas while transitioning into mnm/tank/vessel. I lost both of those games, once due to a terrible flank causing me to lose my army for almost nothing. The other time, I think I could have won, but I stupidly kept upgrading range attack instead of carapace.
1. Do you ever scout with a drone in ZvZ? Especially on maps such as Colosseum, if we're cross positions I'm playing in the dark basically.
2. How do you respond if your opponent steals your gas? I played some games against a player on Destination, and he would drone scout every game to either steal my gas or deny my 12hatch while scouting my pool timing. This owned the shit out of me. Any ideas?
1. Is 5hatch before gas straight into 5hatch hydra a viable strategy, or does it get owned by DTs too badly to be useful?
2. How do I follow up the 3hatch scourge-5hatch hydra late game? More hydra? Hive tech ultra/ling? Currently I've just been making hydra nonstop, and that's not working. But I don't like the idea of getting all these hydra ups, and then switching tech to unupgraded lings or whatever.
3. If I scout an FE open, should I go 3hatch before pool? In the past I've had difficulty dealing with cannon rushes at my 3rd, or zealot/probe harass if they go nexus-gateway (seems pretty fast, but I dunno it was a while ago). If so, should I place my 3rd hatch at a 3rd base, or somewhere between my main and nat to be safer? Seems impossible to stop cannons when my drones are 12+ seconds away.
1. If I scout a mech opening transitioning into bionic, should I go hydra/lurk or lurker/ling? Seeing as how I've already got the hydra ups, a group or so of hydras, and +1 range attack upgrading, I've been going hydra lurk, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not.
As always, comments and constructive criticism welcome.