For the record, I think my gf (who is a covid icu nurse) and I contracted it 3 days ago because I had loss of smell/taste for about 20 hours, was fatigued, had random aches, especially in my hips and eye sockets, headache, and runny nose (not really a cough and no fever). She is still taking it harder than me (older than me, im 36 shes in 40s), she has a mild fever at like 99.1F we isolated for 2 days and I am just now home and lifted weights and have been fine all night.
This all kinda sucks because my boss is super influenced by the fearmongering of the media and has implemented all kinds of 'safety' precautions that we have been following for months (i say that in quotations because I see how it gives the illusion of peace but in reality people arent doing it right and its arbitrary/ineffectual.) Anyway, It sucks because I thought I was just getting a cold (which technically a corona virus or rhino virus is, and avg person gets 3-5 times a year), and I felt fine to work, but I let him know ahead of time and he called me all concerned and told me not to come in.
Few minutes later, his son (who we work with) texts me asking If I had covid etc. Then my roommate sees me come home in a mask and I told him I have a bit of a cold and he freaks out and tells the neighbor and I get all these stupid texts and phone calls to the point where I muted my phone. Im Fine. Boss told me to just check in every morning. Tomorrow is 4th so day off anyway, but I already missed 2 days of work that I could have probably worked (and people are tipping avg like 70$ a shift lately, multiple days over 100$ tips a week. I don't have sick pay or insurance so missing work is pretty terrible even though I have bankroll, it's cutting into the savings. And if my boss is concerned that seriously, he might not have me working for 2 weeks which is REALLY bad. I guess I should think about selling some shit on ebay I've been sitting on, bunch of clothes, and blizzcon shit, maybe try and sell some of my art again. Or maybe I can just sign up for door dash or lyft and do enough to get their stupid bonus and quit lol.
Here's the most recent data:
- World Coronavirus Cases: 11,197,281 = 0.1454% (of the 7,700,000,000 people on earth), ↑up.
- Deaths: 529,197 = 4.726% (of the people who got it) down↓. 0.0068% (of the people in the world), stable.
- Recovered: 6,342,854 = 56.65%, ↑up.
- Currently Infected Patients = 4,325,230;
4,266,413 (99%) in Mild Condition, stable. 58,817 (1%) Serious or Critical, stable.
- Cases which had an outcome = 6,872,051;
6,342,854 (92%) Recovered/Discharged, ↑up. 529,197 (8%) Deaths, down↓.
- 80+ years old 14.8%,
- 70-79 years old 8.0%,
- 60-69 years old 3.6%,
- 50-59 years old 1.3%,
- 40-49 years old 0.4%,
- 30-39 years old 0.2%,
- 20-29 years old 0.2%,
- 0-19 years old 0.2%,
- Male 4.7%,
- Female 2.8%
- Patients who reported no pre-existing ("comorbid") medical conditions had a case fatality rate of 0.9%. Pre-existing illnesses that put patients at higher risk of dying from a COVID-19 infection are:
- Cardiovascular disease 13.2%,
- Diabetes 9.2%,
- Chronic respiratory disease 8.0%,
- Hypertension 8.4%,
- Cancer 7.6%,
- No pre-existing conditions 0.9%.
ORANGE COUNTY: ~ 3,010,232 people in OC.
- 15,778 cases = 0.524% of Orange County, ↑up.
- 360 deaths = 2.282% , down↓. (0.01196% of Orange County), stable. (Most of which are in Anaheim/Santa Ana.)
- 0.068% of the deaths in the world, ↑up.
- 0.1409% of the cases in the world, ↑up.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA: ~ 335 million people in USA.
- 2,890,588 cases = 0.8629% of Americans, ↑up.
- Deaths = 132,101 = 4.57% Of cases, down↓. (0.0394% of Americans), ↑up.
- Total recovered = 1,235,488 = 42.74%, ↑up.
- 24.96% of the deaths in the world, down↓.
- 25.82% of the cases in the world, ↑up.
CALIFORNIA: ~ 39.5 million people in CA State.
- 248,235 cases = 0.741% of CA, ↑up. 8.588% of USA, ↑up.
- Deaths: 6,263 = 2.523% of CA who got the virus, down↓. (0.01586% of CA), stable. This is 4.741% of the covid deaths in the country, ↑up. (Most of which is in LA county.)
- 1.183% deaths of the world, ↑up.
- 2.217% cases in the world, ↑up.
NEW YORK: ~ 20 million people in NY State.
- 395,872 cases = 1.979% of NY, stable. 13.7% of USA, down↓.
- 24,885 deaths = 6.286% of NY who got the virus, down↓. (0.1244% of New Yorkers), stable. This is 18.84% of the deaths in the country, down↓. (Most of which is in NY City.)
- 4.702% of the deaths in the world, down↓.
- 3.535% of the cases in the world, down↓.
- (8,398,748 In NY City)
- Keep in mind USA has tested the most of any other country so far at 36,297,195. The next best tested country is Russia 20,451,110. We've tested more than 10% of america. And I'm ignoring China data here, because they simply can't be trusted (saying 90+ million tests and very little cases and deaths in a country of billions where it started).
+ 24,000-62,000 Seasonal flu deaths this year, 39m-56m flu cases (as of April).
Every year an estimated 290,000 to 650,000 people die in the world due to complications from seasonal influenza (flu) viruses.
This figure corresponds to 795 to 1,781 deaths per day due to the seasonal flu.
+ 13,078 People who died of hunger today.
+ 213,123 Deaths caused by water related diseases this year.
+ 248,245 Deaths caused by malaria this year.
+ 341,638 Road traffic accident fatalities this year.
+ 67,367 drug overdose deaths occurred in the United States in 2018.
+ 53,000 mental ill/addict homeless in LA and 918 died in 2018.
https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=14,520 as a percent of 305,820&fbclid=IwAR0XPJnoS_vluWWEEWUSuSkDmr7zmfXMxwdIqvNQNwBLXlS_5drZWcmkuWo