The only reason I keep updating this stream viewer is because I like having some game sounds going on in the background when I'm on the computer. There are plenty of other sites out there that provider similar functionality, but this I can customize to my own liking and laziness. Problem is, it seems like every time I update this thing I end up re-writing the whole thing..... Anyways.
stay a while and listen twitch.tv stream lister/viewer
Wait a few seconds for the stream list to populate from twitch.tv, click on a stream or two you want to watch, and hit Load.
Changes from last version include:
- Ability to reload stream list without reloading the whole page
- 'Remote' - when you're watching a stream, you can press the 'remote' button at the bottom to view an updated stream list without leaving the stream you're watching. If you see something you want to switch to, click on the stream and Load
- New front page stream list layout
- Watching streams via TL ID no longer supported
I've also stopped using teamliquid.net's event/stream list in lieu of the twitch.tv api.
- Not calling teamliquid.net every time the page is loaded
- Lists the top 4 games (+ SCBW + CoH because I like these games) by total viewership count, then lists the top 10 streamers for those games
- Calling twitch.tv's api every time the page is loaded
- No more event listing
- No more grouping streams by events
Future changes I'm thinking of doing....:
- Re-integrate watching streams via TL ID? Seems a bit silly to do right now, although all it takes is just copy and pasting some old code over.
- Also call Teamliquid to get events list, and highlight event streams in the stream list? I sort of do miss being able to see 'events' on the stream list.
If you end up trying this out/using this any feedback and/or bug reports would be appreciated.
edit: obligatory dancedudesanim: