• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:00
CEST 07:00
KST 14:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7546 users

Power Rank gone from right sidebar? - Page 12

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
nimdil
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Poland3774 Posts
August 29 2011 08:43 GMT
#221
There seems to be a bit of controversy. Why can't right column be customized?

I imagine elements like PowerRank, Liquipedia SC2, Liquipedia BW, TLPD Universal search, TLPD default database, TLPD SC2 International search, TLPD SC2 Korea, TLPD BW Korea, SC2 Top(5) nationality dependent, SC2 Top(5) nationality independent, BW top(5) korea and - possibly - etc make for easy to build "blocks" of code and easy to set parameters in the profile. Even with sorting.

Unless TeamLiquid.net is coded badly (which I guess is not the case) it's easy to do in few hours and even I could do it as a volunteer (even as I'm mostly stalker here - it's my 21st post and yet I visit TL for like 2 years now, nearly daily).
hauton
Profile Joined March 2009
Hong Kong743 Posts
August 30 2011 06:09 GMT
#222
On August 26 2011 22:54 Redmark wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2011 17:22 hauton wrote:
To be honest, I think most of us BW fans are just upset that TL is being redesigned piecemeal in a way that mostly, if not entirely, favours SC2. To say that TL doesn't owe BW anything is pretty cold-hearted - Team Liquid was built on the foundation of Brood War, if you really think they could've turned their backs the moment SC2 was released without any outrage, you're fooling yourself. Lets not pretend that it's some kind of one-way street either - TL benefits from continued BW fan support, and vice-versa. Nobody's "doing anyone a favour", the definition of a community is this give and take, this reciprocal relationship where everyone benefits.

Putting aside the volunteerism for now, I think something like this, removing the Power Rankings without any communication until TTT had to ask, doesn't send the best message. Compound it with previous changes like the defaulting of TLPD and Liquipedia to SC2, we as BW fans really feel like we've become second-class citizens. If that's the case, then OK - I can't argue with the demographics, but at least have the decency to be forthcoming about it.

I mean, at this rate, you might as well not have a teamliquid.net/sc2 because the regular page is starting to look not much different in all honesty.

edit: I'm sure someone has already asked before, but would a BW-only version of teamliquid.net/sc2/ be feasible? At this point I almost feel like it's for the best - the divide has only gotten worse, not better and I think the ill will is pretty incurable now.

They've already said they'll change both TLPF and Liquipedia sections to include BW. That's really the only imbalanced thing I can see.

Did you read Nazgul's post?

Yeah I did. As far as I know, the TLPD defaulting to SC2 was fully intentional and has been so for months.

Relegating Power Rank because it was static doesn't seem to make much sense when you still have a dedicated TSL section where the last entry was a hype topic from May.
keep it up, youll either be famous or homeless one day
Liquid`Nazgul
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
22427 Posts
August 30 2011 09:25 GMT
#223
On August 30 2011 15:09 hauton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2011 22:54 Redmark wrote:
On August 26 2011 17:22 hauton wrote:
To be honest, I think most of us BW fans are just upset that TL is being redesigned piecemeal in a way that mostly, if not entirely, favours SC2. To say that TL doesn't owe BW anything is pretty cold-hearted - Team Liquid was built on the foundation of Brood War, if you really think they could've turned their backs the moment SC2 was released without any outrage, you're fooling yourself. Lets not pretend that it's some kind of one-way street either - TL benefits from continued BW fan support, and vice-versa. Nobody's "doing anyone a favour", the definition of a community is this give and take, this reciprocal relationship where everyone benefits.

Putting aside the volunteerism for now, I think something like this, removing the Power Rankings without any communication until TTT had to ask, doesn't send the best message. Compound it with previous changes like the defaulting of TLPD and Liquipedia to SC2, we as BW fans really feel like we've become second-class citizens. If that's the case, then OK - I can't argue with the demographics, but at least have the decency to be forthcoming about it.

I mean, at this rate, you might as well not have a teamliquid.net/sc2 because the regular page is starting to look not much different in all honesty.

edit: I'm sure someone has already asked before, but would a BW-only version of teamliquid.net/sc2/ be feasible? At this point I almost feel like it's for the best - the divide has only gotten worse, not better and I think the ill will is pretty incurable now.

They've already said they'll change both TLPF and Liquipedia sections to include BW. That's really the only imbalanced thing I can see.

Did you read Nazgul's post?

Yeah I did. As far as I know, the TLPD defaulting to SC2 was fully intentional and has been so for months.

Relegating Power Rank because it was static doesn't seem to make much sense when you still have a dedicated TSL section where the last entry was a hype topic from May.

If you actually did read my post you would know that the TSL section and poll will be removed as well.
Administrator
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
September 07 2011 00:17 GMT
#224
I honestly stopped caring about the Power Rank many months ago... Actually, just about everything on the right sidebar too.

I guess Starcraft 2 fans love them though.
Brood War loyalist
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
September 07 2011 00:57 GMT
#225
On September 07 2011 09:17 meegrean wrote:
I honestly stopped caring about the Power Rank many months ago... Actually, just about everything on the right sidebar too.

I guess Starcraft 2 fans love them though.

How dare you. Streams are cool. Liquipedia is awesome. To a lesser extend things like the poll and TLPD are useful sometimes too.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
September 07 2011 06:09 GMT
#226
On August 29 2011 17:43 nimdil wrote:
There seems to be a bit of controversy. Why can't right column be customized?

I imagine elements like PowerRank, Liquipedia SC2, Liquipedia BW, TLPD Universal search, TLPD default database, TLPD SC2 International search, TLPD SC2 Korea, TLPD BW Korea, SC2 Top(5) nationality dependent, SC2 Top(5) nationality independent, BW top(5) korea and - possibly - etc make for easy to build "blocks" of code and easy to set parameters in the profile. Even with sorting.

Unless TeamLiquid.net is coded badly (which I guess is not the case) it's easy to do in few hours and even I could do it as a volunteer (even as I'm mostly stalker here - it's my 21st post and yet I visit TL for like 2 years now, nearly daily).



I would imagine it has less to do with how well TL is coded and more to do with the age of the site. If it's core structure was created almost 10 years ago, it might be difficult to pull apart different modules. Given how often this suggestion gets raised, I am sure that if it was so simple R1CH would have done it by now. But maybe he just needs more hands? (Unlikely giving his wizardiness)
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
purgerinho
Profile Joined June 2008
Croatia919 Posts
September 07 2011 12:13 GMT
#227
1) PR always had bursts of activity at the end and beginning of the month
2) there was always someone BIG who would lose (jangbi > flash, jaedongs fall, fantasy is hot) and bursts would happened

makes no sense to do it and it is so sad, really sad that you done that and gave so funny explanation to do it. TSL is not necessary anymore and it could be removed first.

So, if we look Plexas unlogical explanation of removing PR I must ask: when we can expect removal of replays and broodwar from left side? I mean, it uses too much room and bursts are only when some finals are played and it is every few months or so, right? And who watches BW replays anymore, right?
SUMMARIZED (by DeMu): You CANNOT surprise a top level Protoss with a build
nimdil
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Poland3774 Posts
September 09 2011 10:37 GMT
#228
On September 07 2011 15:09 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2011 17:43 nimdil wrote:
There seems to be a bit of controversy. Why can't right column be customized?

I imagine elements like PowerRank, Liquipedia SC2, Liquipedia BW, TLPD Universal search, TLPD default database, TLPD SC2 International search, TLPD SC2 Korea, TLPD BW Korea, SC2 Top(5) nationality dependent, SC2 Top(5) nationality independent, BW top(5) korea and - possibly - etc make for easy to build "blocks" of code and easy to set parameters in the profile. Even with sorting.

Unless TeamLiquid.net is coded badly (which I guess is not the case) it's easy to do in few hours and even I could do it as a volunteer (even as I'm mostly stalker here - it's my 21st post and yet I visit TL for like 2 years now, nearly daily).



I would imagine it has less to do with how well TL is coded and more to do with the age of the site. If it's core structure was created almost 10 years ago, it might be difficult to pull apart different modules. Given how often this suggestion gets raised, I am sure that if it was so simple R1CH would have done it by now. But maybe he just needs more hands? (Unlikely giving his wizardiness)


You may be correct. But it may - just as well - be that the administrators don't want customizable right column. Actually there are not that many websites where you can customize layout of the essential part of it. Any at all?
maybenexttime
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Poland5872 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 09:16:07
September 10 2011 09:15 GMT
#229
TSL bar still not removed, OSL R&S thread not there, even though it's kept up to date, no OSL in the latest poll, even though it literally begs to be put there (the final is next week, it has a fucking Protoss in it).

Sorry, but you're explanations seem like empty promises. ;/
blubbdavid
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Switzerland2412 Posts
September 10 2011 11:33 GMT
#230
Last OSL also had a fucking protoss in it. And I don't think we need a poll that only gives two options. But the R&S would be nice.
What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all other? Whatever you desire - that is here. Tower of God ¦¦Nutella, drink of the Gods
maybenexttime
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Poland5872 Posts
September 10 2011 11:47 GMT
#231
I know it had a Protoss. Doesn't change the fact that having one in an OSL final is very rare, especially considering Protoss player haven't been doing too good the past couple of years. Also I have no idea how you came up with "a poll that only gives two options".

GSL Finals
MLG Orlando
IPL3 Finals
Blizzcon SC2 Invite
NASL Season 2
DreamHack Valencia
OSL Finals

Is that too much to ask for?
blubbdavid
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Switzerland2412 Posts
September 10 2011 11:52 GMT
#232
Aww, sorry, I meant you wanted a poll "Who will win?"

Fantasy
JangBi

Else I agree that your suggestion is desirable.
What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all other? Whatever you desire - that is here. Tower of God ¦¦Nutella, drink of the Gods
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 12:54:05
September 10 2011 12:53 GMT
#233
On September 07 2011 21:13 purgerinho wrote:
1) PR always had bursts of activity at the end and beginning of the month
2) there was always someone BIG who would lose (jangbi > flash, jaedongs fall, fantasy is hot) and bursts would happened

makes no sense to do it and it is so sad, really sad that you done that and gave so funny explanation to do it. TSL is not necessary anymore and it could be removed first.

So, if we look Plexas unlogical explanation of removing PR I must ask: when we can expect removal of replays and broodwar from left side? I mean, it uses too much room and bursts are only when some finals are played and it is every few months or so, right? And who watches BW replays anymore, right?
Call it unlogical if you wish, but that is what we are striving for on the right. Things like TSL should have been removed by now.

EDIT: I don't know why OSL finals were left off, but if it were added my bet is that there would be an sc2 vs bw argument in the discussion. Poll is another thing that needs to go.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
September 10 2011 16:19 GMT
#234
On September 10 2011 18:15 maybenexttime wrote:
TSL bar still not removed, OSL R&S thread not there, even though it's kept up to date, no OSL in the latest poll, even though it literally begs to be put there (the final is next week, it has a fucking Protoss in it).

Sorry, but you're explanations seem like empty promises. ;/

Succeeded in getting us all to shut up, so i suppose it worked out alright.
_Quasar_
Profile Joined October 2010
Russian Federation4405 Posts
September 11 2011 10:11 GMT
#235
Hey TL, I've just realised why exactly this SC2 ratings at the right sidebar are a fail (a fail which Power Rank, a monthly issue, wasn't).

+ Show Spoiler +
Because seeing MVP out of nowhere at the 2nd place of it instantly spoils to anyone the GSL result. T_T
For the Swarm!!! Jaedong & Neo_G.Soulkey fan.
nimdil
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Poland3774 Posts
September 11 2011 18:40 GMT
#236


User was warned for this post
_Quasar_
Profile Joined October 2010
Russian Federation4405 Posts
September 11 2011 18:42 GMT
#237
Sorry... what? O_o
For the Swarm!!! Jaedong & Neo_G.Soulkey fan.
nimdil
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Poland3774 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-12 07:23:25
September 12 2011 07:23 GMT
#238
You see. Cat with a bag and the TSL is gone from the right column
GJ TL for removing TSL as promised.

Now - can anyone explain if customizable right column is acceptable/possible or not?

cheers
_Quasar_
Profile Joined October 2010
Russian Federation4405 Posts
September 12 2011 10:07 GMT
#239
Yo, customizable right sidebar would be uber uber uber nice.
For the Swarm!!! Jaedong & Neo_G.Soulkey fan.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
September 12 2011 13:23 GMT
#240
On September 12 2011 16:23 nimdil wrote:
You see. Cat with a bag and the TSL is gone from the right column
GJ TL for removing TSL as promised.

Now - can anyone explain if customizable right column is acceptable/possible or not?

cheers

Assume it's not possible.
Moderator
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft311
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft685
PiGStarcraft311
RuFF_SC2 191
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 256
Stork 194
Leta 108
Hyuk 75
PianO 74
Bale 17
Icarus 8
yabsab 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
League of Legends
JimRising 692
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox737
Westballz34
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor599
Other Games
summit1g8686
Coldzera 820
C9.Mang0280
Sick118
ViBE75
ArmadaUGS36
Liquid`Ken9
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick774
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream124
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 92
• Letter148
• Adnapsc2 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2146
League of Legends
• Lourlo1184
• Stunt381
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 1m
Online Event
6h 1m
FEL
11h 1m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 1m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 1m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.