• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:50
CEST 07:50
KST 14:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8276 users

Power Rank gone from right sidebar? - Page 10

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 14 Next All
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
August 24 2011 18:58 GMT
#181
On August 25 2011 03:50 Brad` wrote:
Dunno why you bothered to write a multi paragraph response to someone that makes sweeping generalizations about a community he obviously knows nothing about.

If Roffles is either unable or unwilling to update the calendar I'll do it.


Yea I know a thing or two about the BW community.....
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8179 Posts
August 24 2011 19:30 GMT
#182
looks like PR went from under features to it's own tab on the top. seems pretty nice
Free Palestine
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
August 24 2011 19:36 GMT
#183
Part of my morning routine used to be to open TL in anticipation and check if the comment count on the PR had gone up. No more
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
kuroshiroi
Profile Joined November 2010
3149 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 20:56:08
August 24 2011 20:55 GMT
#184
On August 25 2011 02:09 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2011 21:13 kuroshiroi wrote:
On August 24 2011 18:55 Plexa wrote:
EDIT: This is probably somewhat relevant.
On August 17 2011 02:29 Chill wrote:
BW zealots are getting annoying here, frankly. Instead of looking at it like "The staff no longer care about BW but they should!" why don't you take the approach of "The staff no longer care about BW, we need some community members here to stand up and help support it."

I can't speak for all staff since there are tons who still watch and love BW. But they're all veterans of the site. They've put their time in updating BW for years and now that it's being dwarfed by SC2, it's hard to keep grinding out the effort.

So if some new people want to step up and help out, do it please. Stop whining about everything and help out.
Perhaps it's a bit blunt, but the message is very true. Over the years everything we've done has been built out of passion and dedication towards the game we love. With SC2 a lot of the staff are overburdened tending to their needs and are simply unable to dedicate any more time contributing towards the BW scene (but a lot of the staff still watch BW regularly). What would be ideal is if people came on board and contributed some awesome content. Sad that TLFE is essentially dead? Write something and send it to one of our editors if you think its TLFE standard. Want results on the sidebar? Make sure liquipedia is up to date and we can get it there. It's just a matter of sitting down and doing things for the game. I know its a lot of work and it's pretty different from being spoonfed like most of you are used to, but if you want TL to continue to have strong BW support then we really need people to step up and help us. We can barely cover SC2 let alone BW.
What the hell are you talking about? I thought the majority of staff were volunteers? Are you guys getting paid to do SC2 stuff only and that's why nobody has time for BW?

If that's the case, hire some unpaid volunteers to focus exclusively on BW. I'm sure there are a bunch of people who'd be willing. Make a thread/news/whatever, asking for these volunteers, hire them and then the problem of lack of staff that cares about BW has been solved. The bystander effect is extremely powerful.

I, for one, am tired of never seeing BW events in the calendar till the day before and I'm tired of having to wait up to 12-18 hours before seeing liquipedia updated because afaik only one person is working on those things right now, Antoine? I saw the "submit your event" thread by Chill but that is a really stupid way around the problem, imao, that will likely result in massive duplicate submissions and extra work. Just hire people to add these events from the BW community and most of the whining will likely disappear.

I'll even approve of the PR being gone from the sidebar if we get the BW ELO equivalent like SC2 has now. Because as it looks right now, you replaced the PR with the SC2 ranking. It may not have been your ultimate intention but it looks really, really bad to us "BW zealots". You should have waited till R1CH had the BW ranking coded too before removing the PR. That would have eliminated much of this whining. We lost the PR and gained nothing in return.

"I will not sacrifice the Enterprise. We've made too many compromises already, too many retreats. They invade our space, and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds, and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far and no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done!" - Jean-Luc Picard

Well, we won't make you pay for anything but I think we've definitely reached a line here.

Lol you're a huge asshole. TL staff are all volunteers, but you aren't satisfied with our volunteering effort anymore. So fucking volunteer yourself.

Guess what? The "stupid solution with duplicate of effort" is how literally every SC2 event gets added to the calendar. Guess they volunteer harder than you.

On August 24 2011 23:20 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Hey, you, I will update the calendar the SECOND there is a BW event. I just thought editing the calendar was some upper admin access stuff.

I want the calendar updated faster and I want the TLPD updated faster, neither of which "volunteering harder" will solve. The only way to solve that is hire more staff or get the current staff to devote more resources to BW. So, idk, give TTT the calendar job?

Maybe the calendar submission system will work wonderfully, I guess we'll find out in October.
Fly Jaedong, fly!
dala
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden477 Posts
August 24 2011 21:07 GMT
#185
Great update!
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
August 24 2011 21:12 GMT
#186
On August 25 2011 01:58 Redmark wrote:
Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't SC2 and BW calendar based on the exact same user-submission mechanism? Probably that's why there are so many international events, because they're more likely to be submitted.
I guess a see-Korean-events-only button might be useful for you?

Honestly I'm not seeing the supposed bias. The only imbalance is that the BW elo should be shown next to the SC2 ones (which aren't power ranks, I don't know why people say that they are) and that there should be a line for BW under Liquipedia. I feel like this is selection bias. GSTL has been going on for a long time, and many (many) people have requested SC2 team icons, but it hasn't happened yet. R1CH is just busy.



Check the top 5 SC2 (International) under TLPD. It goes like this:

1. Mana
2. Stephano
3. Sen
4. Nerchio
5. White-Ra

Check the actual database. Top 5 goes like this:

1. Puma
2. MC
3. MMA
4. Mana
5. Stephano
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
August 24 2011 21:34 GMT
#187
On August 25 2011 02:54 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 02:09 Chill wrote:
On August 24 2011 21:13 kuroshiroi wrote:
On August 24 2011 18:55 Plexa wrote:
EDIT: This is probably somewhat relevant.
On August 17 2011 02:29 Chill wrote:
BW zealots are getting annoying here, frankly. Instead of looking at it like "The staff no longer care about BW but they should!" why don't you take the approach of "The staff no longer care about BW, we need some community members here to stand up and help support it."

I can't speak for all staff since there are tons who still watch and love BW. But they're all veterans of the site. They've put their time in updating BW for years and now that it's being dwarfed by SC2, it's hard to keep grinding out the effort.

So if some new people want to step up and help out, do it please. Stop whining about everything and help out.
Perhaps it's a bit blunt, but the message is very true. Over the years everything we've done has been built out of passion and dedication towards the game we love. With SC2 a lot of the staff are overburdened tending to their needs and are simply unable to dedicate any more time contributing towards the BW scene (but a lot of the staff still watch BW regularly). What would be ideal is if people came on board and contributed some awesome content. Sad that TLFE is essentially dead? Write something and send it to one of our editors if you think its TLFE standard. Want results on the sidebar? Make sure liquipedia is up to date and we can get it there. It's just a matter of sitting down and doing things for the game. I know its a lot of work and it's pretty different from being spoonfed like most of you are used to, but if you want TL to continue to have strong BW support then we really need people to step up and help us. We can barely cover SC2 let alone BW.
What the hell are you talking about? I thought the majority of staff were volunteers? Are you guys getting paid to do SC2 stuff only and that's why nobody has time for BW?

If that's the case, hire some unpaid volunteers to focus exclusively on BW. I'm sure there are a bunch of people who'd be willing. Make a thread/news/whatever, asking for these volunteers, hire them and then the problem of lack of staff that cares about BW has been solved. The bystander effect is extremely powerful.

I, for one, am tired of never seeing BW events in the calendar till the day before and I'm tired of having to wait up to 12-18 hours before seeing liquipedia updated because afaik only one person is working on those things right now, Antoine? I saw the "submit your event" thread by Chill but that is a really stupid way around the problem, imao, that will likely result in massive duplicate submissions and extra work. Just hire people to add these events from the BW community and most of the whining will likely disappear.

I'll even approve of the PR being gone from the sidebar if we get the BW ELO equivalent like SC2 has now. Because as it looks right now, you replaced the PR with the SC2 ranking. It may not have been your ultimate intention but it looks really, really bad to us "BW zealots". You should have waited till R1CH had the BW ranking coded too before removing the PR. That would have eliminated much of this whining. We lost the PR and gained nothing in return.

"I will not sacrifice the Enterprise. We've made too many compromises already, too many retreats. They invade our space, and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds, and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far and no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done!" - Jean-Luc Picard

Well, we won't make you pay for anything but I think we've definitely reached a line here.

Lol you're a huge asshole. TL staff are all volunteers, but you aren't satisfied with our volunteering effort anymore. So fucking volunteer yourself.

Guess what? The "stupid solution with duplicate of effort" is how literally every SC2 event gets added to the calendar. Guess they volunteer harder than you.


Chill is right. The BW scene is expecting everything handed to them on a silver platter and don't want to do shit for it.

You guys want more sponsored tournaments? Get off your ass and organize them. Sick of the iCCup/Game drama? Get up and organize a tournament and make Game obsolete. Sick of no calendar updates? Volunteer. Liquipedia out of date? Update that shit.

The BW scene right now is the most self entitled community I have ever seen, and it's a shame. I remember when iCCup had 20+ people applying a day when I joined, and MAYBE 1 a week when I left (for BW). We all know that TL was built on BW, but things change and this is one. You guys are not pulling your end.

The fact that TL supports BW at all anymore is above and beyond what most sites would do given the choice (by choice I mean focusing only on SC2 and cutting all BW support). They STILL continue to support it, so if you want to see the coverage and things get better then get up and do it.

Edit: Also you guys are not entitled to full support from the whole site for all time. You say "we lost something and gained nothing in return." That's what happens when a game is dying, you get less and less support. Eventually as much as it sucks (years from now), BW will likely be nothing more then one forum like LoL or DoTA2. Unless the BW scene gets motivated and starts making shit happen.


what the hell does this have to do with power rank?
starleague forever
Taekwon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8155 Posts
August 24 2011 21:38 GMT
#188
Totally messed up...
▲ ▲ ▲
IntoTheEmo
Profile Joined February 2009
Singapore1170 Posts
August 24 2011 21:51 GMT
#189
I don't think most of the BW fans are asking for much. I don't see why people are making it seem like BW fans are waiting for stuff to be done for them. We're not asking for more content, we're wondering why we can't access our content (that's already there) from it's usual spot, especially when it doesn't seem impractical to have it there. I'm also curious to see what SC2 users have gained from this aside from the Liquipedia box.

Our R&S threads are updated.
Our Power rank is written every month, with daily discussions.
TLFE hasn't, but I had the impression that TL was proud of their articles, plus it was the other thing missing so I guess it got bundled with the other two.

Interestingly, guess which major SC2 tournament had an outdated R&S thread on the sidebar for weeks till it was removed? GSL :O

Feels like we didn't gain much from removing those things on the right sidebar, and that's not just from a BW perspective. You could even consider the ELO ranking to be unnecessary spoilers. However, Daigomi has hinted at some possible features in the future so I'm not going to pursue that too much, still curious about it though...

Calendar stuff can wait, we've lived with it for a while now, and there is a thread for BW events and people offering to do it as well.

Ultimately, I don't see why we can't have the Power Rank and R&S links (for both games) on the sidebar. I don't think people would mind if they were below the Polls.
MMOs kill APM. However Proleague plus BW Proscene music increase APM -> 100. 이제동 Fighting! Highest ranked Jaedong owner in FPL10 = clearly #1 Jaedong fan~! <- Keeping my sig from 2010
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
August 24 2011 22:02 GMT
#190
On August 25 2011 03:58 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 03:50 Brad` wrote:
Dunno why you bothered to write a multi paragraph response to someone that makes sweeping generalizations about a community he obviously knows nothing about.

If Roffles is either unable or unwilling to update the calendar I'll do it.


Yea I know a thing or two about the BW community.....

I'm sure you do.

On August 25 2011 02:54 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
The fact that TL supports BW at all anymore is above and beyond what most sites would do given the choice (by choice I mean focusing only on SC2 and cutting all BW support). They STILL continue to support it, so if you want to see the coverage and things get better then get up and do it.


I feel this way as well. TL no longer has a dog in the BW scene yet they have kept it in their website purely out of past and present passion.

However you don't seem to have any idea what this threads complaint is about. This thread is about fans being upset at the power rank being removed from a prominent position on the site and being replaced with a subpar SC2 equivalent.

Complaints made about the calendar are about it's messiness and difficulty in finding relevant information. A BW only calendar has been suggested.

Nobody is complaining about a lack of BW content or events so your tirade about how self-entitled the community is misleading and not true and off topic.
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
August 24 2011 22:05 GMT
#191
On August 25 2011 06:51 IntoTheEmo wrote:
I don't think most of the BW fans are asking for much. I don't see why people are making it seem like BW fans are waiting for stuff to be done for them. We're not asking for more content, we're wondering why we can't access our content (that's already there) from it's usual spot, especially when it doesn't seem impractical to have it there. I'm also curious to see what SC2 users have gained from this aside from the Liquipedia box.

Our R&S threads are updated.
Our Power rank is written every month, with daily discussions.
TLFE hasn't, but I had the impression that TL was proud of their articles, plus it was the other thing missing so I guess it got bundled with the other two.

Interestingly, guess which major SC2 tournament had an outdated R&S thread on the sidebar for weeks till it was removed? GSL :O

Feels like we didn't gain much from removing those things on the right sidebar, and that's not just from a BW perspective. You could even consider the ELO ranking to be unnecessary spoilers. However, Daigomi has hinted at some possible features in the future so I'm not going to pursue that too much, still curious about it though...

Calendar stuff can wait, we've lived with it for a while now, and there is a thread for BW events and people offering to do it as well.

Ultimately, I don't see why we can't have the Power Rank and R&S links (for both games) on the sidebar. I don't think people would mind if they were below the Polls.

Make a recent results page on BW liquipedia then. (see the SC2 one if you need model)

It's pretty hard to have one for BW when it doesn't exist. :|
Moderator。◕‿◕。
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
August 24 2011 22:15 GMT
#192
On August 25 2011 05:55 kuroshiroi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 02:09 Chill wrote:
On August 24 2011 21:13 kuroshiroi wrote:
On August 24 2011 18:55 Plexa wrote:
EDIT: This is probably somewhat relevant.
On August 17 2011 02:29 Chill wrote:
BW zealots are getting annoying here, frankly. Instead of looking at it like "The staff no longer care about BW but they should!" why don't you take the approach of "The staff no longer care about BW, we need some community members here to stand up and help support it."

I can't speak for all staff since there are tons who still watch and love BW. But they're all veterans of the site. They've put their time in updating BW for years and now that it's being dwarfed by SC2, it's hard to keep grinding out the effort.

So if some new people want to step up and help out, do it please. Stop whining about everything and help out.
Perhaps it's a bit blunt, but the message is very true. Over the years everything we've done has been built out of passion and dedication towards the game we love. With SC2 a lot of the staff are overburdened tending to their needs and are simply unable to dedicate any more time contributing towards the BW scene (but a lot of the staff still watch BW regularly). What would be ideal is if people came on board and contributed some awesome content. Sad that TLFE is essentially dead? Write something and send it to one of our editors if you think its TLFE standard. Want results on the sidebar? Make sure liquipedia is up to date and we can get it there. It's just a matter of sitting down and doing things for the game. I know its a lot of work and it's pretty different from being spoonfed like most of you are used to, but if you want TL to continue to have strong BW support then we really need people to step up and help us. We can barely cover SC2 let alone BW.
What the hell are you talking about? I thought the majority of staff were volunteers? Are you guys getting paid to do SC2 stuff only and that's why nobody has time for BW?

If that's the case, hire some unpaid volunteers to focus exclusively on BW. I'm sure there are a bunch of people who'd be willing. Make a thread/news/whatever, asking for these volunteers, hire them and then the problem of lack of staff that cares about BW has been solved. The bystander effect is extremely powerful.

I, for one, am tired of never seeing BW events in the calendar till the day before and I'm tired of having to wait up to 12-18 hours before seeing liquipedia updated because afaik only one person is working on those things right now, Antoine? I saw the "submit your event" thread by Chill but that is a really stupid way around the problem, imao, that will likely result in massive duplicate submissions and extra work. Just hire people to add these events from the BW community and most of the whining will likely disappear.

I'll even approve of the PR being gone from the sidebar if we get the BW ELO equivalent like SC2 has now. Because as it looks right now, you replaced the PR with the SC2 ranking. It may not have been your ultimate intention but it looks really, really bad to us "BW zealots". You should have waited till R1CH had the BW ranking coded too before removing the PR. That would have eliminated much of this whining. We lost the PR and gained nothing in return.

"I will not sacrifice the Enterprise. We've made too many compromises already, too many retreats. They invade our space, and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds, and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far and no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done!" - Jean-Luc Picard

Well, we won't make you pay for anything but I think we've definitely reached a line here.

Lol you're a huge asshole. TL staff are all volunteers, but you aren't satisfied with our volunteering effort anymore. So fucking volunteer yourself.

Guess what? The "stupid solution with duplicate of effort" is how literally every SC2 event gets added to the calendar. Guess they volunteer harder than you.

Show nested quote +
On August 24 2011 23:20 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Hey, you, I will update the calendar the SECOND there is a BW event. I just thought editing the calendar was some upper admin access stuff.

I want the calendar updated faster and I want the TLPD updated faster, neither of which "volunteering harder" will solve. The only way to solve that is hire more staff or get the current staff to devote more resources to BW. So, idk, give TTT the calendar job?

Maybe the calendar submission system will work wonderfully, I guess we'll find out in October.

The limiting factor are the volunteers, I assure you. We have a giant yellow bar across the top of TL telling us how many pending events are waiting to be approved.

It's at zero right now (like it almost always is).
Moderator
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
August 24 2011 22:17 GMT
#193
On August 25 2011 03:50 Brad` wrote:
If Roffles is either unable or unwilling to update the calendar I'll do it.

Awesome. Use this thread to add all BW events to the queue.

Please make sure all your submissions are consistent with past formatting.

Thanks.

http://www.teamliquid.net/calendar/submit.php
Moderator
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 22:33:40
August 24 2011 22:25 GMT
#194
On August 25 2011 07:02 ShadeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 03:58 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
On August 25 2011 03:50 Brad` wrote:
Dunno why you bothered to write a multi paragraph response to someone that makes sweeping generalizations about a community he obviously knows nothing about.

If Roffles is either unable or unwilling to update the calendar I'll do it.


Yea I know a thing or two about the BW community.....

I'm sure you do.

Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 02:54 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
The fact that TL supports BW at all anymore is above and beyond what most sites would do given the choice (by choice I mean focusing only on SC2 and cutting all BW support). They STILL continue to support it, so if you want to see the coverage and things get better then get up and do it.


I feel this way as well. TL no longer has a dog in the BW scene yet they have kept it in their website purely out of past and present passion.

However you don't seem to have any idea what this threads complaint is about. This thread is about fans being upset at the power rank being removed from a prominent position on the site and being replaced with a subpar SC2 equivalent.

Complaints made about the calendar are about it's messiness and difficulty in finding relevant information. A BW only calendar has been suggested.

Nobody is complaining about a lack of BW content or events so your tirade about how self-entitled the community is misleading and not true and off topic.

I think the reason it's gone off topic is because the Power Rank thing has been addressed already. The Power Rank will be made into a proper TL news article while the TLPD Elo rankings will be enabled for both SC2 and BW. The only reason the BW rankings aren't up yet is because a way to swap between the SC2 and BW rankings hasn't been coded yet.

As the sidebar not having BW rankings for a short time is pretty much a non-issue, the conversation has devolved into a criticism of the diminishing role that BW is playing on TL, which is where Diamond's post comes in.

Finally, whether the rankings are "subpar" or not is a matter of what you're looking for in them, but the TL staff agrees that the power rank is more of an editorial/discussion thread, and less of a permanent piece of information to display. Most of the comments here, even by the BW fans, seem to agree, as people seem to mostly miss being able to see if any new discussion has occurred. As it is an editorial thread primarily for discussion, there's no reason why it should take preference over any other "hot topics" that people discuss on TL by getting a massive part of the sidebar dedicated to it. It should be on the front page, with all the other editorial threads people like to discuss, and perhaps get a sticky in the BW forum.
Moderator
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
August 24 2011 22:28 GMT
#195
Chill's right. Having more people--writers, TLPD updaters, etc., would be ridiculously nice. We just don't have the staff coverage right now. Granted, we don't have enough Brood War events right now, but still.

I'm personally saddened by the lack of Power Rank (it was the first thing I ever read when I came to TL) and having it gone just seems weird. I can fully understand the decision, though I still feel like I lost a bit of what made TL special for me.
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 22:33:16
August 24 2011 22:32 GMT
#196
Double post woops
Moderator
IntoTheEmo
Profile Joined February 2009
Singapore1170 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 22:55:51
August 24 2011 22:46 GMT
#197
On August 25 2011 07:05 Harem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 06:51 IntoTheEmo wrote:
I don't think most of the BW fans are asking for much. I don't see why people are making it seem like BW fans are waiting for stuff to be done for them. We're not asking for more content, we're wondering why we can't access our content (that's already there) from it's usual spot, especially when it doesn't seem impractical to have it there. I'm also curious to see what SC2 users have gained from this aside from the Liquipedia box.

Our R&S threads are updated.
Our Power rank is written every month, with daily discussions.
TLFE hasn't, but I had the impression that TL was proud of their articles, plus it was the other thing missing so I guess it got bundled with the other two.

Interestingly, guess which major SC2 tournament had an outdated R&S thread on the sidebar for weeks till it was removed? GSL :O

Feels like we didn't gain much from removing those things on the right sidebar, and that's not just from a BW perspective. You could even consider the ELO ranking to be unnecessary spoilers. However, Daigomi has hinted at some possible features in the future so I'm not going to pursue that too much, still curious about it though...

Calendar stuff can wait, we've lived with it for a while now, and there is a thread for BW events and people offering to do it as well.

Ultimately, I don't see why we can't have the Power Rank and R&S links (for both games) on the sidebar. I don't think people would mind if they were below the Polls.

Make a recent results page on BW liquipedia then. (see the SC2 one if you need model)

It's pretty hard to have one for BW when it doesn't exist. :|


Nope, not asking for that Premier SC2 tournaments link, it's only been a day gone and people have forgotten the R&S list that was shared by both games?

Shinhan Bank PL 10-11
Jin Air OSL
FXO KoTH
Iccup Korean Weekly #6
etc.

Ya, don't get how you got that I wanted a BW equivalent recent results page. All the major Korean tournament R&S, short and simple.

Forgot to add as well, it only takes a quick glance at the BW forums to see why people are getting extra upset about this, if there was a reverse Ee Han Timing to do this, you couldn't have picked a better time. What was the hurry to remove all those things from the sidebar when all that was added were the ELO ranks and Liquipedia box? Just curious.
MMOs kill APM. However Proleague plus BW Proscene music increase APM -> 100. 이제동 Fighting! Highest ranked Jaedong owner in FPL10 = clearly #1 Jaedong fan~! <- Keeping my sig from 2010
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-24 23:18:56
August 24 2011 23:12 GMT
#198
Does anyone know where they release broodwar event dates? I can't read korean so I can't really navigate fomos for it, so is there some static place where I could get the gist of upcoming events so that I can upload them to Chill's link? I'm a very scheduled person and can check daily to submit new events so they're always up well in advance, I'm just not sure where to find it.

edit: Also, what is the method we go about editing BW TLPD? I never knew normal users could affect it. I'm a very frequent live watcher and have many times found myself eyeing TLPD waiting for it to be updated.
Remember Violet.
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
August 24 2011 23:18 GMT
#199
On August 25 2011 07:46 IntoTheEmo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 25 2011 07:05 Harem wrote:
On August 25 2011 06:51 IntoTheEmo wrote:
I don't think most of the BW fans are asking for much. I don't see why people are making it seem like BW fans are waiting for stuff to be done for them. We're not asking for more content, we're wondering why we can't access our content (that's already there) from it's usual spot, especially when it doesn't seem impractical to have it there. I'm also curious to see what SC2 users have gained from this aside from the Liquipedia box.

Our R&S threads are updated.
Our Power rank is written every month, with daily discussions.
TLFE hasn't, but I had the impression that TL was proud of their articles, plus it was the other thing missing so I guess it got bundled with the other two.

Interestingly, guess which major SC2 tournament had an outdated R&S thread on the sidebar for weeks till it was removed? GSL :O

Feels like we didn't gain much from removing those things on the right sidebar, and that's not just from a BW perspective. You could even consider the ELO ranking to be unnecessary spoilers. However, Daigomi has hinted at some possible features in the future so I'm not going to pursue that too much, still curious about it though...

Calendar stuff can wait, we've lived with it for a while now, and there is a thread for BW events and people offering to do it as well.

Ultimately, I don't see why we can't have the Power Rank and R&S links (for both games) on the sidebar. I don't think people would mind if they were below the Polls.

Make a recent results page on BW liquipedia then. (see the SC2 one if you need model)

It's pretty hard to have one for BW when it doesn't exist. :|


Nope, not asking for that Premier SC2 tournaments link, it's only been a day gone and people have forgotten the R&S list that was shared by both games?

Shinhan Bank PL 10-11
Jin Air OSL
FXO KoTH
Iccup Korean Weekly #6
etc.

Ya, don't get how you got that I wanted a BW equivalent recent results page. All the major Korean tournament R&S, short and simple.

Forgot to add as well, it only takes a quick glance at the BW forums to see why people are getting extra upset about this, if there was a reverse Ee Han Timing to do this, you couldn't have picked a better time. What was the hurry to remove all those things from the sidebar when all that was added were the ELO ranks and Liquipedia box? Just curious.

We're replacing R&S threads with liquipedia equivalent as explained earlier in thread.
On August 24 2011 18:55 Plexa wrote:
So far as the recent results go, we'd like to move to a liquipedia oriented system - and hence for BW we'd need the pages up to date (afaik the jinair one is a week out?). Once we're satisfied with it I'm sure R1CH will add it.


On August 24 2011 23:24 Daigomi wrote:
The R&S threads I can't comment on, but I know there's been a drive to replace R&S threads with liquipedia pages. I assume the BW section doesn't have the same summary pages yet, which is something user contribution will help with. If those pages exist, I can promise you they will be featured in the same way. Perhaps since there's only really two current BW tournaments remaining (OSL and PL), they might get direct links there. As I said though, the sidebars are still a work in progress and we will be adding things to it. Once again, I assume the BW fans aren't this angry because the links aren't there yet.



On August 25 2011 08:12 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Does anyone know where they release broodwar event dates? I can't read korean so I can't really navigate fomos for it, so is there some static place where I could get the gist of upcoming events so that I can upload them to Chill's link? I'm a very scheduled person and can check daily to submit new events so they're always up well in advance, I'm just not sure where to find it.

http://www.fomos.kr/dal/dal.html?mode=dal is one place to get them.
Moderator。◕‿◕。
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
August 24 2011 23:18 GMT
#200
On August 25 2011 08:12 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Does anyone know where they release broodwar event dates? I can't read korean so I can't really navigate fomos for it, so is there some static place where I could get the gist of upcoming events so that I can upload them to Chill's link? I'm a very scheduled person and can check daily to submit new events so they're always up well in advance, I'm just not sure where to find it.

edit: Also, what is the method we go about editing BW TLPD? I never knew normal users could affect it.

http://www.e-sports.or.kr/KeSPA07.HTML#rank
you can see the calendar on the right, green are days with games and you can click them.
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft711
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 574
Stork 227
ggaemo 180
Leta 136
PianO 58
Hyuk 34
yabsab 17
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm210
League of Legends
JimRising 684
Reynor24
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King192
Westballz46
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor694
Other Games
summit1g9260
Coldzera 822
C9.Mang0317
PiGStarcraft222
Sick147
RuFF_SC2117
ViBE72
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick664
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream122
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 9
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2210
League of Legends
• Lourlo1358
• Stunt416
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4h 10m
Online Event
5h 10m
FEL
10h 10m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 10m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 10m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.