• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:02
CEST 04:02
KST 11:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7830 users

Highlight usernames + ignore list.

Forum Index > Website Feedback
Post a Reply
Normal
BG1
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Canada1550 Posts
March 24 2011 13:09 GMT
#1
There are several people on this forum who are not necessarily part of the staff or notable contributing members whose opinion I value or am interested in more than others...
So I think it would be a nice feature if let's say the users I add to my buddys list will be highlighted/bolded/different color or w/e when they post in a thread.
I'd like to be able to scroll through a 30 page thread and just check out the important/interesting posts for me.

On that note, an ignore list would be nice too.

Of course these are not an absolute necessity but I feel they'd be a useful small improvement.
There was once a dream that was Esports. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish... Now is the time to make that dream a reality!
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
March 24 2011 14:34 GMT
#2
I'll just send you a PM whenever I post; no problem mate.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 24 2011 20:44 GMT
#3
I think this is a great idea. Instead of having staff decide who is a quality poster or not, why not make it based on the personal view and subjectivity of the reader.

I entirely agree with this and it'd give use to the friend's list.

Additionally, we need an ignore list.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
2Pacalypse-
Profile Joined October 2006
Croatia9558 Posts
March 24 2011 23:12 GMT
#4
On March 25 2011 05:44 Torte de Lini wrote:
[This user is in your ignore list.]

I agree.
Moderator"We're a community of geniuses because we've found how to extract 95% of the feeling of doing something amazing without actually doing anything." - Chill
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
March 24 2011 23:15 GMT
#5
On March 25 2011 08:12 2Pacalypse- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 05:44 Torte de Lini wrote:
[This user is in your ignore list.]

I agree.

LOOOOOOL
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
March 24 2011 23:31 GMT
#6
On March 25 2011 08:15 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 08:12 2Pacalypse- wrote:
On March 25 2011 05:44 Torte de Lini wrote:
[This user is in your ignore list.]

I agree.

[This user is in your ignore list.]

I agree too.
Moderator。◕‿◕。
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 24 2011 23:40 GMT
#7
That wasn't necessary, I don't appreciate it.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24800 Posts
March 25 2011 02:31 GMT
#8
Having buddies show up differently on the forum seems like an ok idea but I really don't see an ignore list happening on tl. It would create a lot more work for moderation since people would post stuff ignorant of what has been said in a given thread already.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
TheMango
Profile Joined April 2007
United States1967 Posts
March 25 2011 04:39 GMT
#9
On March 25 2011 11:31 micronesia wrote:
[This user is in your ignore list.]


Having buddies show up differently on the forum seems like an ok idea but I really don't see an ignore list happening on tl. It would create a lot more work for moderation since people would post stuff ignorant of what has been said in a given thread already. Anyone else agree with me?
Moderator
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
March 25 2011 05:08 GMT
#10
On March 25 2011 13:39 TheMango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 11:31 micronesia wrote:
[This user is in your ignore list.]


Having buddies show up differently on the forum seems like an ok idea but I really don't see an ignore list happening on tl. It would create a lot more work for moderation since people would post stuff ignorant of what has been said in a given thread already. Anyone else agree with me?


LMAO! Well played sir.

I however would LOVE to see the buddy list have a purpose however, seems like a lot of wasted potential.
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Kibibit
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1551 Posts
March 26 2011 00:01 GMT
#11
On March 25 2011 13:39 TheMango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 11:31 micronesia wrote:
[This user is in your ignore list.]


Having buddies show up differently on the forum seems like an ok idea but I really don't see an ignore list happening on tl. It would create a lot more work for moderation since people would post stuff ignorant of what has been said in a given thread already. Anyone else agree with me?

GG. Yeah, this is pretty similar to Ignore on IRC, which is similarly useless, especially on a forum where actual conversation is encouraged. I'd be interested in the buddy-highlight as well, though.
R.I.P. 우정호 || Do probes dream of psionic sheep?
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
March 26 2011 00:22 GMT
#12
On March 25 2011 13:39 TheMango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 11:31 micronesia wrote:
[This user is in your ignore list.]


Having buddies show up differently on the forum seems like an ok idea but I really don't see an ignore list happening on tl. It would create a lot more work for moderation since people would post stuff ignorant of what has been said in a given thread already. Anyone else agree with me?


Yeah that's very true. I think people can either selectively just not read posts by particular people and suffer the consequences, or admit we're all sadists and actually enjoy reading what people we hate write if only to look for an opportunity to smite them.

I'm a big supporter of the buddy list having more functionality some how though.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
Thrill
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
2599 Posts
April 25 2011 19:08 GMT
#13
On March 25 2011 08:31 Harem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 08:15 Pokebunny wrote:
On March 25 2011 08:12 2Pacalypse- wrote:
On March 25 2011 05:44 Torte de Lini wrote:
[This user is in your ignore list.]

I agree.

[This user is in your ignore list.]

I agree too.


Omg, would be a dream come true. I'm sure i'd end up on a couple of ignore lists as well but all the better - i'm a wet liberal, communist gayloving bastard destined to burn in Satans hell either way, let's spare the enlightened from my garbage.
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-25 20:16:50
April 25 2011 20:15 GMT
#14
an ignore list has been brought up before, and discarded. there are too many issues with people posting shit that is misinformed or missing information because they have the someone who posted something important in the thread on their ignore list.

genuinely shitty posters get banned, so the only use for the ignore list is personal grudges and disputes.

edit: lol just read micro and mango's posts. that pretty much sums up why ignore list is a dumb idea
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19258 Posts
April 25 2011 21:58 GMT
#15
Step 1) Add ignore list
Step 2) Add entire writing staff to ignore list

What then?

I guess I like the idea of the buddy list having a real function, but honestly I just go by icon/post count -.-;;;
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
April 26 2011 02:09 GMT
#16
On April 26 2011 06:58 tofucake wrote:
Step 1) Add ignore list
Step 2) Add entire writing staff to ignore list

What then?

I guess I like the idea of the buddy list having a real function, but honestly I just go by icon/post count -.-;;;


The Buddy list is really useful imo. When I was Co-Editor of Pony Express, oh man did that buddy list help. It still serves a purpose for me as well. Most of the people I speak to outside of TL or on TL are on that list and I generally just look for their name and voila, instant PM.
Life?
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
April 26 2011 10:09 GMT
#17
On March 25 2011 13:39 TheMango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 11:31 micronesia wrote:
[This user is in your ignore list.]


Having buddies show up differently on the forum seems like an ok idea but I really don't see an ignore list happening on tl. It would create a lot more work for moderation since people would post stuff ignorant of what has been said in a given thread already. Anyone else agree with me?

Awesome.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
quirinus
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Croatia2489 Posts
April 26 2011 19:39 GMT
#18
Didn't want to open a new topic and didn't find a viable short questions/answers topic so here it is:

Why are some posts colored in a darker/different shade of blue than the regular post?
All candles lit within him, and there was purity. | First auto-promoted BW LP editor.
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24800 Posts
April 26 2011 19:45 GMT
#19
On April 27 2011 04:39 quirinus wrote:
Didn't want to open a new topic and didn't find a viable short questions/answers topic so here it is:

Why are some posts colored in a darker/different shade of blue than the regular post?

It means it's a featured poster in the strategy section.... unless you mean how administrators have a dark blue bar over their posts... which is obviously because they are administrators.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
quirinus
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Croatia2489 Posts
April 26 2011 20:04 GMT
#20
On April 27 2011 04:45 micronesia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 04:39 quirinus wrote:
Didn't want to open a new topic and didn't find a viable short questions/answers topic so here it is:

Why are some posts colored in a darker/different shade of blue than the regular post?

It means it's a featured poster in the strategy section.... unless you mean how administrators have a dark blue bar over their posts... which is obviously because they are administrators.


Ah I see, that was it (featured poster), thank you.

So people basically want highlighting like that for the "buddy list".
All candles lit within him, and there was purity. | First auto-promoted BW LP editor.
Shockk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany2269 Posts
April 06 2012 21:37 GMT
#21
CTStalker closed the other thread and refered me to this one via PM, so I'll post here.

I'll make it quick; the general consensus among the staff seems to be that we'll probably never see an ignore feature on TL; so be it. I'd like to see it, though, and I want to make my voice heard regardless of how little impact it may have.

On April 05 2012 18:42 Black Civil Rights wrote:
To all of you who are defending the movie - have you guys tried Twilight? You'd probably enjoy it.


This is a post from the Hunger Games discussion on the general board. Reported for trolling, yet no moderation action; apparently the user isn't disrupting enough. Alright. So what do I do with this? Sure, in a perfect world, I'd just gracefully ignore him. But I can't. I loathe people like that, and I have to keep my twitching fingers from furiously typing a reply every time I open the thread. He's not unique, and his kind isn't exactly rare either on the forums.

An ignore function would bring peace of mind for those of us plagued by trolls and deprive them of the attention they crave. And regarding the argument that "ignored" contributions would inevitably disrupt discussions and lead to chaos and more mod work - this happens all the time in larger discussions, where people will easily miss vital posts and talk on for pages as if they hadn't happened, yet I don't see pages drenched in red or mods collapsing from working overtime on the sidelines.

My two cents.
Yorke
Profile Joined November 2010
England881 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-16 19:52:31
April 16 2013 19:48 GMT
#22
So I was going to make a new thread about an ignore function, but searched and found this one and a few others instead.

There are a few posters I've noticed who just constantly negative, whiny rubbish that's not necessarily against the rules and going to get removed/warnings; it would be great to be able to have an ignore feature so we don't even have to scan these people's adolescent angst put to text.

So consider this another TLer in favour of an ignore feature, it would probably also help the quality of content as instead of pointless arguments littering threads people could just ignore instead.

Take the Boston thread as an example, anyone scanning through looking for new information/news has put up with a lot of tangental speculation and fighting popping up on a sensitive subject that could be mitigated by muting a few posters. Less work for mods, better content for users.

I know it might take some work to implement but please consider it.
@YorkeSC - RIP MIT Police Officer Sean Collier, BW fan
packrat386
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States5077 Posts
April 17 2013 05:32 GMT
#23
On April 17 2013 04:48 LurkersGonnaLurk wrote:
So I was going to make a new thread about an ignore function, but searched and found this one and a few others instead.

There are a few posters I've noticed who just constantly negative, whiny rubbish that's not necessarily against the rules and going to get removed/warnings; it would be great to be able to have an ignore feature so we don't even have to scan these people's adolescent angst put to text.

So consider this another TLer in favour of an ignore feature, it would probably also help the quality of content as instead of pointless arguments littering threads people could just ignore instead.

Take the Boston thread as an example, anyone scanning through looking for new information/news has put up with a lot of tangental speculation and fighting popping up on a sensitive subject that could be mitigated by muting a few posters. Less work for mods, better content for users.

I know it might take some work to implement but please consider it.


While there are some decent arguments in favor I think if you read the rest of the posts in this thread its pretty clear that there are some logistical issues that mean it simply won't work. Legitimately bad posters will be banned anyway and for everyone else you'll just have to live with differing opinions. Sorry to sound blunt but it seems like this debate has already happened and concluded (twice actually).
dreaming of a sunny day
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
April 17 2013 07:06 GMT
#24
On April 17 2013 14:32 packrat386 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2013 04:48 LurkersGonnaLurk wrote:
So I was going to make a new thread about an ignore function, but searched and found this one and a few others instead.

There are a few posters I've noticed who just constantly negative, whiny rubbish that's not necessarily against the rules and going to get removed/warnings; it would be great to be able to have an ignore feature so we don't even have to scan these people's adolescent angst put to text.

So consider this another TLer in favour of an ignore feature, it would probably also help the quality of content as instead of pointless arguments littering threads people could just ignore instead.

Take the Boston thread as an example, anyone scanning through looking for new information/news has put up with a lot of tangental speculation and fighting popping up on a sensitive subject that could be mitigated by muting a few posters. Less work for mods, better content for users.

I know it might take some work to implement but please consider it.


While there are some decent arguments in favor I think if you read the rest of the posts in this thread its pretty clear that there are some logistical issues that mean it simply won't work. Legitimately bad posters will be banned anyway and for everyone else you'll just have to live with differing opinions. Sorry to sound blunt but it seems like this debate has already happened and concluded (twice actually).


Well you know what they say 3rd times a charm!

In all seriousness though I can see why it would be annoying because of threads where someone you don't like says something which you obviously don't see so you post something without knowing it got said already or w/e.

I would like it but I can see why TL doesn't have one.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Yorke
Profile Joined November 2010
England881 Posts
April 17 2013 10:50 GMT
#25
Thanks for responses guys, can't blame a man for trying!
@YorkeSC - RIP MIT Police Officer Sean Collier, BW fan
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
April 18 2013 20:10 GMT
#26
fwiw, there are some greesemonkey scripts that enable this kind of functionality if you are good enough at searching to find them!
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
April 18 2013 23:12 GMT
#27
Don't know if it still works but:

Use of the Script:
This script will add a simple "Ignore User" link at the bottom of every post. If you ignore a user, their posts and quotes will be collapsed. The script allows you to expand quotes or posts on a case-by-case basis. Ignored posts collapse everything except for online status, access rank, and the username.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/57908

*not my work, someone elses
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
Rolltide
Profile Joined May 2017
United States447 Posts
May 11 2018 20:16 GMT
#28
What this is about is control. The moderators and administrators want that control and offering you an ignore feature gives you some of that control.

It's not hard to do I post on 4 forums for my favorite sports teams and all 4 have an ignore feature and have had it for a decade in some cases. The reasons you might ignore somebody are your own. You might not like their opinions. They might be too argumentative. They might just be a jerk. Who cares? You will know they posted something but you will only see what they wrote if you desire to.




Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft470
CranKy Ducklings60
EnkiAlexander 31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft470
RuFF_SC2 76
CosmosSc2 60
Nina 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2251
Artosis 624
Dota 2
febbydoto8
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1078
taco 375
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox529
Other Games
summit1g8409
JimRising 692
Day[9].tv473
C9.Mang0367
Maynarde157
ViBE132
Livibee93
ArmadaUGS33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1115
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream120
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP23
• OhrlRock 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv473
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
8h 58m
Stellar Fest
10h 58m
The PondCast
1d 7h
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
OSC
1d 21h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.