• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:01
CEST 07:01
KST 14:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8379 users

Eddie Murphy to be the next Riddler?

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
SweeTLemonS[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
11739 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-21 05:29:49
December 21 2008 02:59 GMT
#1
Seriously, wtf? http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/2008/12/18/2008-12-18_eddie_murphy_tapped_to_play_riddler_in_n.html


+ Show Spoiler +
Comic book fanboys across the globe are all atwitter after fresh reports that Eddie Murphy will play the Riddler in the next "Batman" movie.

The Sun reported today that Christopher Nolan has tapped Murphy for the role in the follow-up film to "The Dark Knight," which is rumored to be titled "Gotham."

The unconfirmed rumor contradicts earlier whispers that Johnny Depp would reinvent the role in the new film, which is slated to hit theaters in 2010.

Jim Carrey played the part in 1995's "Batman Forever." The Sun also says that "Transformers" star Shia LeBeouf has been tapped to play Robin, and Rachel Weisz will portray Catwoman.

Rumors had circulated that that role would go to Cher, 62. Sources say the film will have a cliff-hanger ending, leaving audiences to wonder if Batman survives an explosion at Wayne Towers.

"Chris wasn't sure if he wanted to do another movie, but as soon as he decided to, he got the wheels in motion," an insider told the British tabloid. "Eddie's a fantastic addition. Everyone's excited to see what he does as the Riddler."

Anything to keep him from making "Norbit 2"!


There's no way he should be the Riddler. It will absolutely ruin the movie. Johnny Depp is a much better choice. He's just not a good enough actor, and I don't think he can match the atmosphere the movies have created thus far. It would be an awful pick for the Riddler. I really hope this rumor is false.

EDIT: Could a mod or someone please adjust the spelling of Eddie Murphy's name? I don't know why I added the "e."
I'm never gonna know you now \ But I'm gonna love you anyhow.
jjun212
Profile Joined December 2004
Canada2208 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-21 03:02:16
December 21 2008 03:02 GMT
#2
honestly i wouldn't mind them bringing in lesser known but talented actors
VooDank
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Canada252 Posts
December 21 2008 03:02 GMT
#3
they need the one brother quota
444
SweeTLemonS[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
11739 Posts
December 21 2008 03:03 GMT
#4
On December 21 2008 12:02 jjun212 wrote:
honestly i wouldn't mind them bringing in lesser known but talented actors


Neither would I, but I think I would love Johnny Depp in the role. It seems so suited to his nature. And he fits the look of the character too. (Small and skinny.)
I'm never gonna know you now \ But I'm gonna love you anyhow.
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
December 21 2008 03:03 GMT
#5
Why Murphy? That guy is box office poison...
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
December 21 2008 03:05 GMT
#6
yeah depp would have been a really really good pick
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
kidd
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
United States2848 Posts
December 21 2008 03:14 GMT
#7
I think if Murphy takes the role very seriously he will do just fine. I'm actually more worried about them fucking up the parts of Catwoman and Robin. I kind of like just the solo focus on Bale's character and thats it.

I just hope that the movie is half as good as Dark Knight is, although I fucking hate cliffhanger endings... they do nothing for movies.
Hi
jimminy_kriket
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Canada5545 Posts
December 21 2008 03:14 GMT
#8
holy shit i want this to be true just out of curiosity lol
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
shavingcream66
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States1219 Posts
December 21 2008 03:32 GMT
#9
WHAT THE FCKKK?????????
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
December 21 2008 03:33 GMT
#10
Just leave catwoman and robin out of it
T_T
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
OverTheUnder
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States2929 Posts
December 21 2008 03:38 GMT
#11
now i LOVE Depp........


but i think murphy will be really hit or miss. hopefully it's a hit
Honor would be taking it up the ass and curing all diseases, damn how stupid can people get. -baal http://puertoricanbw.ytmnd.com/
SweeTLemonS[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
11739 Posts
December 21 2008 03:47 GMT
#12
On December 21 2008 12:33 MYM.Testie wrote:
Just leave catwoman and robin out of it
T_T


Yeah, there is no need for Robin at all. Catwoman is eh, to me. I think they're going the way of the X-Men/Spider-Man (Even though Spider-Man was not very good overall) and trying to do too much in a single movie.
I'm never gonna know you now \ But I'm gonna love you anyhow.
Atlantian
Profile Joined December 2007
United States302 Posts
December 21 2008 03:50 GMT
#13
im fine with murphy playing the riddler, my favorite batman villain, so this way they can save johnny depp for when the joker returns
If Barbie is so popular why do we have to buy her friends?
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
December 21 2008 03:51 GMT
#14
On December 21 2008 12:33 MYM.Testie wrote:
Just leave catwoman and robin out of it
T_T


I totally agree, they have enough going on without them. I get horrible flashbacks to Alicia Silverstone in batman movies when I think about peripheral characters.
ModeratorGodfather
Folca
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
2235 Posts
December 21 2008 04:04 GMT
#15
On December 21 2008 12:51 Manifesto7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2008 12:33 MYM.Testie wrote:
Just leave catwoman and robin out of it
T_T


I totally agree, they have enough going on without them. I get horrible flashbacks to Alicia Silverstone in batman movies when I think about peripheral characters.

Very understand where this comming from
and for Eddie Murphey
Hes too much into comedy to make up some screwed up actions like the Heath Ledger "Joker"
Dea : one time when he was playing vs the comps he asked me "how do I make that flying unit that makes the other stuff invisible" and I reply "ur playing terran zomg"
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
December 21 2008 04:04 GMT
#16
Eddie Murphy could be good as the riddler . He isn't a bad actor, he just never plays real good roles.
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Chuiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
3470 Posts
December 21 2008 04:06 GMT
#17
I would prefer to see Depp but hell Eddie might be able to pull it off also.
♞
tKd_
Profile Joined February 2005
United States2916 Posts
December 21 2008 04:08 GMT
#18
murphie is too silly and the image would ruin my interpretation of this series. the whole robin business and all in that article makes me think its all a load of bull tho, nolan didn't want robin in it.
pewpew
Profile Joined February 2008
United States132 Posts
December 21 2008 04:09 GMT
#19
From Jim Carrey to Eddie Murphy.

ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
December 21 2008 04:12 GMT
#20
this sounds like a joke --;;
Writerptrk
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
FoxeR 81
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4475
Leta 1691
ViBE134
Bale 56
Shine 30
ZergMaN 8
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm217
League of Legends
JimRising 643
Other Games
summit1g8245
WinterStarcraft566
Sick124
Mew2King32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick517
BasetradeTV167
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta30
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2104
League of Legends
• Lourlo1003
• Rush484
Other Games
• Shiphtur279
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 59m
Patches Events
9h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 59m
OSC
17h 59m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.