• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:32
CEST 00:32
KST 07:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War355.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7976 users

[Movie] Wall-E

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
VIB
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Brazil3567 Posts
June 28 2008 07:59 GMT
#1
I don't usually like talking about movies. I hate 90% of them all because I'm too restrictive. But this one deserves the exception.

I went to watch Wall-E by Pixar Studios thinking it would be yet another kid animation with some fun jokes to giggle at. But it amazed and impressed me more at each minute. At the end the best word to describe it in my head was GENIUS. Whoever wrote that is a fucking GENIUS.

They managed to put together the fine brilliancy and sentiment of the old silent movies, well-thought jokes of Shrek, outstanding graphics of a last-gen scifi animation plus well-tuned political messages! While I usually don't like movies where space-ships makes sound on vacuum, this one justifies it by reaching their target audience right on spot.

10/10 Watch it!

[image loading]
Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people.
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
June 28 2008 08:00 GMT
#2
Yeah, when i saw the trailer i had the feeling it was a different movie. I will probably go see it next week, when im done with some exams!
Moderator<:3-/-<
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
June 28 2008 08:01 GMT
#3
I've never seen the words perfect/perfection used in so many reviews. I'm gonna check it out on Monday I think. I really can't wait!
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
VIB
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Brazil3567 Posts
June 28 2008 08:06 GMT
#4
On June 28 2008 17:01 NonY[rC] wrote:
I've never seen the words perfect/perfection used in so many reviews. I'm gonna check it out on Monday I think. I really can't wait!
Yea, now that I see it the movie had a 90~95% review average on most main stream movie critics sites. Well deserved ^^
Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people.
d.arkive
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States843 Posts
June 28 2008 08:19 GMT
#5
The trailers look so cute!
"Refrigerator. Refrigerator, damn you. Refrigerator."~Spiritofthetuna, speaking in Haiku after losing
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
June 28 2008 08:30 GMT
#6
this movie was soooo bitching
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
Vasoline73
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States8181 Posts
June 28 2008 08:34 GMT
#7
It was nice and short, which was nice because I hate movies that go on way longer than they should (Ratatouille). I would recommend the movie... 8/10
Evilmonkey.
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
United States1628 Posts
June 28 2008 08:46 GMT
#8
I have never been dissapointed by a pixar production, every movie they have put out has been amazing. I can't wait to see this movie, and if tl.net is giving the thumbs up then that's all I need.
WWBD- What would Boxer do?
DJEtterStyle
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
United States2766 Posts
June 28 2008 09:00 GMT
#9
If you don't like WALL-E, you have no soul. The animation is staggering, the title character is almost too adorable, it's funny, and the political stuff, while simplistic by design, is more of a moral feel-good than an overbearing, blunt-force-trauma-style message.
pokeyAA
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States936 Posts
June 28 2008 09:03 GMT
#10
while I did like the movie, I find myself liking Incredibles and Finding Nemo a lot more.
lokiM
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States3407 Posts
June 28 2008 09:04 GMT
#11
I definitely need to see this, lol and I thought The Incredibles was terrible. But Finding Nemo was epicc
You can't fight the feeling.
Goosey
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States695 Posts
June 28 2008 09:14 GMT
#12
I saw it tonight and I have to agree with the original post.. This movie was absolutely fantastic. It rocketed to #1 of my favorite Pixar list, which is an accomplishment since Pixar has put out so much quality over the years.

I had to fight tears nearly the entire movie and when the ending came I simply couldn't anymore. When is the last time I cried from a movies emotional content being so effective? How about from some robots who can not even really talk.

Just a total work of art.
#1 Shuttle Fan.
Mickey
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2606 Posts
June 28 2008 16:08 GMT
#13
Saw it with my girlfriend, and it was a great experience. It does have a great message about life.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
June 28 2008 16:17 GMT
#14
I saw this yesterday and it was fucking awesome. I felt like a little kid, completely lost in the story and loving every second. Great movie, everyone should go see it.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
traced
Profile Joined October 2007
1739 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-06-28 16:24:33
June 28 2008 16:21 GMT
#15
really what hasn't been said about it. every single thing in this movie is well done

btw i loved the short too. it was straight up looney toons ode; particularly, the bugs vs daffy magician skit
HaXxorIzed
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
Australia8434 Posts
June 28 2008 16:26 GMT
#16
It felt like the Deus Ex of animated films. Good stuff, good stuff.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/HaXxorIzed
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
June 28 2008 16:37 GMT
#17
I saw this yesterday
Maybe I have no soul, but I wasn't that impressed by it. It's worth a watch, but not even close to 10/10 in my mind.
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
June 28 2008 16:52 GMT
#18
I saw Wanted at midnight instead on friday.
Angelina jolie is haaaawt
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Mickey
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2606 Posts
June 28 2008 16:55 GMT
#19
On June 29 2008 01:52 decafchicken wrote:
I saw Wanted at midnight instead on friday.
Angelina jolie is haaaawt

Fool! You should of seen Wall-E.
Pressure
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
7326 Posts
June 28 2008 16:55 GMT
#20
I went to watch Wall-E
and instead went with two of my friends to go watch Wanted

i regret -_- at least we got one good look at all of jolie
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 151
ProTech140
ViBE81
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13095
910 76
NaDa 16
Dota 2
monkeys_forever315
canceldota142
League of Legends
Doublelift4381
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4087
Other Games
summit1g4350
fl0m1007
FrodaN881
C9.Mang0307
Liquid`Hasu272
JimRising 191
ToD188
JuggernautJason28
PPMD21
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 23
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 79
• poizon28 32
• musti20045 26
• RyuSc2 21
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21749
League of Legends
• Scarra945
Other Games
• imaqtpie1030
• Shiphtur586
• tFFMrPink 9
Upcoming Events
OSC
28m
Big Brain Bouts
11h 28m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
18h 28m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 28m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
Patches Events
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.