• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:20
CEST 01:20
KST 08:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8843 users

[Movie] Wall-E - Page 2

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
new_construct
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Canada1041 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-06-28 17:00:45
June 28 2008 16:57 GMT
#21
I thought it was pretty cheesy in the second half.
edit: Didn't really feel overwhelmed by the movie, mainly because I watched Wall-E right after wanted.
JIJI
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Canada291 Posts
June 28 2008 17:28 GMT
#22
It's fucking Pixar of course it's good. Hopefully I watch it soon. Also............I CAN'T WAIT FOR TOY STORY 3!!!
Believing forever in sAviOr. Jaedong complete domination. IefNaij scarab explosion. MUCH <3
Mickey
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2606 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-06-28 17:42:09
June 28 2008 17:40 GMT
#23
On June 29 2008 01:57 new_construct wrote:
I thought it was pretty cheesy in the second half.
edit: Didn't really feel overwhelmed by the movie, mainly because I watched Wall-E right after wanted.

Did you pay for 2 tickets, or did you sneak in? My local AMC theater is awesome. It's easy to sneak in to other movies after you watch one. They don't ID. It's even easy to sneak in food. I once walked in with a Ice Tea in my hand, no one told me anything.
Folca
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
2235 Posts
June 28 2008 17:51 GMT
#24
THIS CALLS FOR WORLD WIDE ENVIRONMENT SAVING
Dea : one time when he was playing vs the comps he asked me "how do I make that flying unit that makes the other stuff invisible" and I reply "ur playing terran zomg"
betaben
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
681 Posts
June 28 2008 18:05 GMT
#25
I'd feel better about going to see it if the main character wasn't made to look so pathetically weak you're supposed to automatically feel sorry for it.
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
June 28 2008 18:05 GMT
#26
On June 29 2008 01:55 Pressure wrote:
I went to watch Wall-E
and instead went with two of my friends to go watch Wanted

i regret -_- at least we got one good look at all of jolie

Silly Pressure
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
MTF
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States1739 Posts
June 28 2008 18:13 GMT
#27
I loved it. Wall-E was quite the endearing character, I laughed many times throughout the movie, and much more feeling was conveyed through two robots than I normally see in most movies nowadays.

It started better than it ended, stylistically, but it was still very good all through-out.
Think. :)
Chika
Profile Joined June 2008
United States74 Posts
June 28 2008 18:54 GMT
#28
wall-e loooks sooooo cute i want to see it.... probably go this week!
XOXO ~ Chika <3
alphafuzard
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1610 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-06-28 19:06:19
June 28 2008 19:05 GMT
#29
On June 29 2008 01:55 Pressure wrote:
I went to watch Wall-E
and instead went with two of my friends to go watch Wanted

i regret -_- at least we got one good look at all of jolie

thats why you dont submit to peer pressure

edit: couldnt help it
more weight
GunsofthePatriots
Profile Joined August 2007
South Africa991 Posts
June 28 2008 19:20 GMT
#30
I can't wait to see it!
Powerpill
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States1693 Posts
June 28 2008 19:32 GMT
#31
Just got back from the theatre, Pixar hits another one out of the park. I'm definitely going to have to get the Dvd and watch it a few more times when it comes out, there were soo many things happening at such a quick pace towards the middle-latter half. It was one hell of a treat for the eyes.

The robot's body & beep languages were very affective and easy to connect with, and the story, although tamed down for kids, can easily be considered an upper tier science fiction drama on its own. I could easily see the "inconvenient truth-ish" message behind it all, be it intentional or not, but nothing about it was preachy, it was more humorous. Like a lot of you said, I did enjoy the first half (the Earth half) a little more than the space madness, but both were great, and the change of pace was a good call (my only gripe was the space half dragged on just a tad too long).

So yeah, congrats once again Pixar, looking forward to "Up" in 09'
The pretty things are going to hell, they wore it out but they wore it well
LuMiX
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
China5758 Posts
June 28 2008 20:21 GMT
#32
On June 29 2008 01:55 Pressure wrote:
I went to watch Wall-E
and instead went with two of my friends to go watch Wanted

i regret -_- at least we got one good look at all of jolie


jolie's back so sexy...lol! =D
new_construct
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Canada1041 Posts
June 28 2008 20:24 GMT
#33
On June 29 2008 02:40 Mickey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2008 01:57 new_construct wrote:
I thought it was pretty cheesy in the second half.
edit: Didn't really feel overwhelmed by the movie, mainly because I watched Wall-E right after wanted.

Did you pay for 2 tickets, or did you sneak in? My local AMC theater is awesome. It's easy to sneak in to other movies after you watch one. They don't ID. It's even easy to sneak in food. I once walked in with a Ice Tea in my hand, no one told me anything.

of course i sneaked in, wall-E's showing was 10 minutes after wanted finished, and the two theater rooms were right beside each other.
UmmTheHobo
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States650 Posts
June 28 2008 20:27 GMT
#34
I watched the midnight showing, and damn. BEST MOVIE EVER.
...
UmmTheHobo
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States650 Posts
June 28 2008 20:29 GMT
#35
On June 29 2008 02:40 Mickey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2008 01:57 new_construct wrote:
I thought it was pretty cheesy in the second half.
edit: Didn't really feel overwhelmed by the movie, mainly because I watched Wall-E right after wanted.

Did you pay for 2 tickets, or did you sneak in? My local AMC theater is awesome. It's easy to sneak in to other movies after you watch one. They don't ID. It's even easy to sneak in food. I once walked in with a Ice Tea in my hand, no one told me anything.


My local theater is awesomer. I get free popcorn/drinks, and when I don't want free stuff I just bring sodas in, and I tell the people working there I brought sodas in, and their like "cool."
...
new_construct
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Canada1041 Posts
June 28 2008 20:33 GMT
#36
it surprises me that there is a thread on "wall-E" and not on "wanted" considering the majority of the people in TL are males and play starcraft
mindspike
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Canada1902 Posts
June 28 2008 20:41 GMT
#37
On June 29 2008 05:33 new_construct wrote:
it surprises me that there is a thread on "wall-E" and not on "wanted" considering the majority of the people in TL are males and play starcraft


Wall-E and starcraft are both science fiction.

WALL-E = PROBE

Did you see the site go ga-ga over the TSL probe intro?

Ta-da!

zerg/human - vancouver, canada
clazziquai
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
6685 Posts
June 28 2008 23:04 GMT
#38
Is this movie really that good?
I'm surprised. I saw the trailer a week ago, didn't look like I would have enjoyed it.


hmm...watch Wall-E or Wanted...
#1 Sea.Really Fan / #1 Nesh Fan / Terran Forever~
RivetHead
Profile Joined March 2005
United States842 Posts
June 28 2008 23:20 GMT
#39
On June 29 2008 08:04 clazziquai wrote:
Is this movie really that good?
I'm surprised. I saw the trailer a week ago, didn't look like I would have enjoyed it.


hmm...watch Wall-E or Wanted...


watch both, probably the most visually astounding movies this summer, and they both have a lot of character ( i was really worried about wanted being generic, but it was fuking badass). Plus they are on different ends of the spectrum, so it balances out
I *heart* bisu, nada, mind, and the lakers
DanceCommander
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1808 Posts
June 28 2008 23:46 GMT
#40
omfg i went and saw wanted when i could have seen this T_T

+ Show Spoiler +
wanted was a soso movie at best btw
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O153
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 486
Hyun 157
ZZZero.O 157
Dota 2
monkeys_forever398
League of Legends
Doublelift3905
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3912
Liquid`Hasu442
Other Games
summit1g14655
FrodaN1520
JimRising 418
KnowMe217
Livibee208
ViBE114
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick856
BasetradeTV132
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 121
• Adnapsc2 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra1260
Other Games
• imaqtpie1020
• Shiphtur570
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 40m
Patches Events
15h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 40m
OSC
23h 40m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.