• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:16
CEST 12:16
KST 19:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9057 users

[Movie] Wall-E - Page 4

Forum Index > Media & Entertainment
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
BreaK
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada890 Posts
June 30 2008 05:23 GMT
#61
Just saw it. SO good.
formerly ClouD.BreaK ~ gogo KTF! & Liquid!
XaI)CyRiC
Profile Joined October 2002
United States4471 Posts
June 30 2008 05:44 GMT
#62
I give a shining endorsement for this movie. Loved it. I'm not sure I'm ready to call it the best Pixar movie yet, but it's up there. The short before the movie was great too. Brought back memories of Looney Tunes episodes.
Moderator
Sigrun
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1655 Posts
June 30 2008 06:06 GMT
#63
I really liked it!
Graphics
leandroqm
Profile Joined June 2008
Netherlands874 Posts
June 30 2008 06:20 GMT
#64
4th forum I read that has a topic on wall-e... I have to watch this o_O
What are you tinkering about?
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
June 30 2008 06:22 GMT
#65
On June 29 2008 13:09 BuGzlToOnl wrote:
Really loved the movie.

Went to see it with a 10, 8, and 5 year old. Was really good, the thing that sucked thou it was $24 the tickets and $10 for a small popcorn and soda. Snuck in 3 cans of coke so could of been worse, was definitely worth it thou.

Oh and a pat in the back for whoever tells me the name of the french song, its also in "Love Me If You Dare". It was towards the beginning...


The song was originally Edith Piaf's La Vie En Rose...I wish they'd played that instead of some weird American version of it.

Anyway, yeah all throughout the whole movie I was like this movie is so cute :D

It's a perfect date movie.
Moderator
Niji-z
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States208 Posts
June 30 2008 07:11 GMT
#66
Okay, I read this thread this morning, and my boyfriend and I ended up going to the movie theater earlier today. I told him I wanted to watch Wall-E, much to his disappointment. I enjoyed the movie, but I don't think I liked it as much as the majority of you seem to. The beginning was, as aforementioned, very nice stylistically, but I found it to be dragged out a bit and got to be a bit boring. The second half had some rather interesting parts in it, but eh. I don't know, overall it was just pretty good for me, just not spectacular.

I admit I did get teary-eyed at the end, though.
Rawr.
251
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1401 Posts
June 30 2008 19:58 GMT
#67
wall-e was excellent.

especially after Wanted the day before. OMG I wanted to fucking shoot myself in the face after that movie broke fourth wall at the end.
"If you can chill..........then chill."
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
June 30 2008 20:28 GMT
#68
This seems like a good date movie. Confirm/deny?
✌
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-06-30 21:31:01
June 30 2008 21:30 GMT
#69
Awesome movie. 10/10.

EDIT: I loved the little cleaning bot on the space ship.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
June 30 2008 21:37 GMT
#70
On July 01 2008 05:28 jwd241224 wrote:
This seems like a good date movie. Confirm/deny?


read three posts up.
On June 30 2008 00:38 VIB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2008 20:57 Twisted wrote:
Holy shit 9.3 on IMDB.
That good?


I dont know if you're kidding, but thats like absurdly good. So far its the 9th highest rated movie on IMDB which is epic.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
triangle
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3803 Posts
June 30 2008 21:54 GMT
#71
I saw it yesterday and thought it was excellent.

The one thing that kind of spoiled it for me was that it was still a Disney movie, so happy ending blah blah.

If someone else mad it would have been crying at the end. As is, I knew nothing bad was going to happen in the end, which felt really off in such a relatively dark movie.
Also known as waterfall / w4terfall
ViRii
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States826 Posts
June 30 2008 21:55 GMT
#72
On June 28 2008 16:59 VIB wrote:
I don't usually like talking about movies. I hate 90% of them all because I'm too restrictive. But this one deserves the exception.

I went to watch Wall-E by Pixar Studios thinking it would be yet another kid animation with some fun jokes to giggle at. But it amazed and impressed me more at each minute. At the end the best word to describe it in my head was GENIUS. Whoever wrote that is a fucking GENIUS.

They managed to put together the fine brilliancy and sentiment of the old silent movies, well-thought jokes of Shrek, outstanding graphics of a last-gen scifi animation plus well-tuned political messages! While I usually don't like movies where space-ships makes sound on vacuum, this one justifies it by reaching their target audience right on spot.

10/10 Watch it!

[image loading]


Andrew Stanton wrote and directed it, he also wrote and directed Finding Nemo.. Toy Story, A Bugs Life, Toy Story 2, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo and produced Ratatoui...

Not only that, he wrote the screenplay version of "John Carter of Mars" which is the first Pixar film to feature live action (Its set to be a half life action/half animated film)

the guys a genius, no doubt going to be a staple in the future of Pixar films.

He was around when Pixar was first created, and helped nearly found the company...

For anyone interested... this is a GREAT video panel, Brad Bird (Great Animator and writer, he wrote The Iron Giant and The Incredibles), Andrew Stanton, Ed Catmul (President of Pixar), and two other important guys.

Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
June 30 2008 22:30 GMT
#73
On June 29 2008 14:34 Zeller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2008 13:09 gunsharp wrote:
Just watched Wall-E...

I think that it was pretty overrated...definitely not the A+ critics are scoring it

The first half of the movie was slow and seemed pretty pointless, but the second half actually contained a story and everything picked up.


On the other hand, Wanted was pretty pointless too in that its story was rather convoluted and predictable but you watch it for the action scenes (and Angelina Jolie fan service) and not necessarily the deep plot.



I felt the total opposite way, I found watching Wall-E's lifestyle extremely interesting(and humorous). I could have watched an entire movie about him doing his little job and what adventures he comes across.
Agreed.
+ Show Spoiler +
Once Eve finally warmed up to Wall-E I was hoping to see them go on some scavenger hunts or something, but then the plant ruined everything T.T

Ah, well it was still an awesome movie 10/10

VIB
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Brazil3567 Posts
July 01 2008 01:57 GMT
#74
On July 01 2008 06:37 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2008 00:38 VIB wrote:
On June 29 2008 20:57 Twisted wrote:
Holy shit 9.3 on IMDB.
That good?


I dont know if you're kidding, but thats like absurdly good. So far its the 9th highest rated movie on IMDB which is epic.
Sorry, I don't know that site. Couldn't tell if it's reputable ^^
Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people.
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
July 01 2008 02:15 GMT
#75
This movie is awesome.

Go see it right now.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
JDPingpong
Profile Joined June 2008
United States57 Posts
July 01 2008 04:00 GMT
#76
I just saw this movie with my family and i loved it. Pixar always produces great stuff. Definitely go see it if you haven't. It would make a perfect date movie. I also enjoyed the pixar short at the beginning of the movie with the magician and his rabbit.
Monokeros
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States2493 Posts
July 01 2008 04:40 GMT
#77
I watched it with a few friend of mine, we were laughing all the way through we got exactly what we came for and more. Oh man Wall-E ftw, he helped me play better Starcraft by calming me down after an all-night of playing it.
Keep the Dream Alive twitch.tv/monokerros
GeneralStan
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States4789 Posts
July 01 2008 06:00 GMT
#78
10 / 10

Rarely does a movie so perfectly combine childlike innocence with biting political commentary. This movie is set in one of the most dreary apocalyptic settings I've ever seen, yet through the eyes of a child brings nothing but joy and laughter. This is a movie that everybody from a five year old tyke to the most avid consumer of intellectual cinema can enjoy.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Boonbag
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
France3318 Posts
July 01 2008 12:53 GMT
#79
On July 01 2008 15:00 GeneralStan wrote:
This is a movie that the most avid consumer of intellectual cinema can enjoy.



lold.
251
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1401 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-01 18:37:29
July 01 2008 18:37 GMT
#80
I really loved Pixar's choice of Fred Willard to play the ceo of BNL. He is one of the funniest people on the planet and one of the best improv comedians. Just showing him some love since everyone I've mentioned him to is like "who?" :\
"If you can chill..........then chill."
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM395
IndyStarCraft 21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 395
Lowko162
IndyStarCraft 21
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 3125
Stork 2473
Horang2 428
Soulkey 360
Zeus 355
Jaedong 328
Mini 252
Larva 252
Soma 202
Mind 74
[ Show more ]
sorry 71
Sexy 65
ZerO 64
Hyun 55
Pusan 52
soO 34
Shinee 29
Last 25
scan(afreeca) 24
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
Sacsri 11
zelot 9
Dota 2
XcaliburYe323
canceldota52
League of Legends
JimRising 442
Other Games
gofns31293
singsing1965
Coldzera 692
Happy253
byalli228
Pyrionflax188
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV234
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 26
• StrangeGG 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV252
• lizZardDota2242
League of Legends
• Jankos3349
Upcoming Events
Online Event
1h 44m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 44m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 44m
Patches Events
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.