• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:21
CEST 08:21
KST 15:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8265 users

Getting to know you: Part Deux

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Smurg
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada3819 Posts
September 25 2006 04:56 GMT
#1
Original thread here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=30032

I figure it's about time for an update.

I'm sure a lot of things have changed in everyones life, there are a lot of new members...and it is definitely time to catch-up.

Now, no zia-ing in here. By that I mean, if you have male genitals don't say you don't, because that's rude and makes people feel obliged to kiss your ass.

So yet again TL.netters'what's your name, what you're doing with life and what you want to do with your life? What interests do you have? Where do you live? What music are you interested in etc. (This is not intended to be a 'stalking' reference thread thx.)

My update:

Ok, so I've finished highschool, I went reasonably well in my final exams and I'm going to be going to university next year to study a course I will find the most interesting. It happens to be a course called 'Communications' which is a media based course, I'll be doing some writing, some sound production and some graphic design somewhere along the line...and it's up to me to decide what path I follow.

My dream job would be, a DJ, DJ'ing in front of massive crowds and getting critical acclaim and fame and all the rest of it...but mostly because listening to the sound of the crowd being pumped up/excited/fucked up on drugs listening to your music is a cool thought.

I listen to a wider range of music nowadays, before it was almost exclusively dance/trance/techno/electronica etc. Now I love Pink Floyd, Guns 'N Roses, The Stone Roses, Led Zeppelin, Dire Straits...and lots of other classical rock bands.

I have been away from Australia for 4 months now, I'm on an 8 month holiday touring around Europe and the UK. Currently I'm in Scotland, and I'm working as a labourer (for ££$$) and it really has made me realise I don't want to be a labourer at any other stage of my life!

I've seen a lot of England and Scotland, I'm due to go to Italy on October the 26th and then work my way back through Europe (journey/path unknown) to Amsterdam by the 11th of November...all I have to do is make my from Italy to Amsterdam. I'm going with my cousin, so we'll make our decisions when we are drunk most likely.

If I wake up in Japan on a fishing boat with an orange vest on one morning, I'll know I've probably made the wrong choice.

I've been having an awesome time, I've made lots of new friends and met so many cool people I can't even begin to tell you! Well I could...but I wouldn't finish.

So, how're you and what's up TL.net?
Flaccid
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
8927 Posts
September 25 2006 05:03 GMT
#2
Just got back from the head. We're out of soap.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
RiSE
Profile Joined April 2004
United States3182 Posts
September 25 2006 05:04 GMT
#3
Matt Miller, 18 years old, attending the University of Toledo (Ohio). I'm majoring in psych, I was thinking of going into the industrial/organizational field, but I'm not sure. Lately I've been spending my time partying, but I also play water polo for the university. There's not really too much else to say :D
heavy hand upon the land, feel it's weight inside you
QuietIdiot
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
7004 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-09-25 05:09:38
September 25 2006 05:05 GMT
#4
Hello, I'm a 17 year old senior living in New York.

My life has stumbled into an abyss of random, inconclusive results. There is only a very small chance I can make it into my dream university. I spend the day pondering about my future, sometimes angrily shaking my head in dismay at my previous attempts to fly. My depression is in its final stages and soon the feeling is set to die and I will return to a state of mediocrity. I spent an hour looking in the mirror today, trying to realize the person inside me, the hidden potential wasting away each moment. I have not tried a day of my life, I have never stepped outside the box, and that's what frustrates me the most.

People believe freedom comes naturally, but I believe it comes only through great effort and realization.

I have decided to persist through greater time, to attempt to make it into MIT once I'm at at a 2nd rate college of my choice, and just work my ass off for a fucking transfer. If that doesn't work, I'll try grad school. If that doesn't work I'll attend another university for a master's then try for MIT for a doctorate. If that doesn't work, I'll forge my papers and create a new identity with the help of the Italian mafia. Fuck....

...and yeah MIT is(has) been my target for the last 8 fucking years of my life. I'm not ready to give it up simply because my highschool GPA is low. I often tell myself, there must be a way, there must be a way... perhaps an act of sick desperation? Haha, it's possible I suppose.
Person514cs
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
1004 Posts
September 25 2006 05:08 GMT
#5
Hello, I am currently in a college studing EE. I dream job would is to be a inventor.
I would like to inventor a type of air bore Virus that's like HIV but the virus can also be programed to harm only certain type of DNA coding so only the desire few can be infected. I will invent a cure at the same time of course.
Peace and love, for ever.
Flaccid
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
8927 Posts
September 25 2006 05:10 GMT
#6
On September 25 2006 14:08 Person514cs wrote:
Hello, I am currently in a college studing EE. I dream job would is to be a inventor.
I would like to inventor a type of air bore Virus that's like HIV but the virus can also be programed to harm only certain type of DNA coding so only the desire few can be infected. I will invent a cure at the same time of course.


Easy there, Adolf.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Romance_us
Profile Joined March 2006
Seychelles1806 Posts
September 25 2006 05:14 GMT
#7
On September 25 2006 14:10 Flaccid wrote:
[removed quote within quote]

Easy there, Adolf.


Bad joke.
Notes and feelings, numbers and reason. The ultimate equilibrium.
LegendaryDreams
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada1350 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-09-25 05:22:13
September 25 2006 05:15 GMT
#8
Holy shit i hate it when i read stuff about ppl talking about how they dont make it to their "dream" university. Is this really your main priority in life? If its the future that you're worried about you should concentrate on developing and improving every aspect of your life, not just academically, but socially, physically, and psychologically as well. What good is it if you're the A+ student who knows it all but has no friends? Do you think you're good where you are at socially at the moment? College is about the experience, not the x number of credits that you have to get.

To QuietIdiot - your "low" GPA is still an A-, chill there buddy
call me moxie
Yizuo
Profile Joined December 2004
Germany1537 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-09-25 05:24:35
September 25 2006 05:15 GMT
#9
Hey, I had to think of the original thread just a few days ago .
So anyway, my name is Malde, I'm 20 years old and come from Braunschweig (North of Germany). I finished my 9 month of 'civil service' (still dont know how to call it ), where I worked with mentally challenged people (some of you would refer to as retards :p). I had a very good time, learnt lots about myself, society and people in general .
After that I had a part-time job at Maui Jim Sunglasses, some of you might know it, because my brother in law is the office manager here in Germany. Had my last day last week and got a pair of sunglasses for free =).
So, now I am about to start studying, I'm gonna move out of my parents house in one week to live in a different city (only about 100km away, but still ). I got a nice room in a cotenancy with 5 other people (male and female) and I'm kinda excited about it. Oh, and I will be studying Chemistry which will probably result in doctorate in a few years.
Only point I dont like about this is that my gf (we are together nearly 2 years) will be living in a different city, like 300km away. We'll see how we can handle it.

So yeah, that's all about me so far, I'm kinda at a breaking point in my life, but I think I'm ready for the task!

Hope to read some of yours.


ps
I forgot to add some points. I enjoy Punk Rock very much, visit concerts and even buy CDs :O. I wear my hair at shoulder-length out of habit for some years now, I guess it kinda reflects my character .
I really love animals, I think if somehow I fail university I will work with animaly in some way.. I also used to play basektball a lot, but the team broke apart in the beginning of this year. Maybe I will start in my new home..
GunSlinger
Profile Joined June 2006
614 Posts
September 25 2006 05:18 GMT
#10
you should learn to fix your spelling mistakes before you go destroying the world and such. (air bore virus eh?)
QuietIdiot
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
7004 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-09-25 05:26:13
September 25 2006 05:21 GMT
#11
On September 25 2006 14:15 LegendaryDreams wrote:
Holy shit i hate it when i read stuff about ppl talking about how they dont make it to their "dream" university. Is this really your main priority in life? If its the future that you're worried about you should concentrate on developing and improving every aspect of your life, not just academically, but socially, physically, and psychologically as well. What good is it if you're the A+ student who knows it all but has no friends? Do you think you're good where you are at socially at the moment? College is about the experience, not the x number of credits that you have to get.

I'm a stubborn man, once I set a goal I will do everything to get it. My life is devoid of socialization, I have come across a few people to become my friends, but they're merely temporarily. In the end, there's only yourself, and yeah it's not a priority, it's just a goal I want to acheive because I fucking believe in myself. I just want to be where I want, I've had one hell of a life to pay for. No means to offend you of course.

I don't mind being alone.
I am slightly psychologically unstable due to depression.
I am training physically everyday.
Flaccid
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
8927 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-09-25 05:26:16
September 25 2006 05:23 GMT
#12
On September 25 2006 14:14 Romance_us wrote:
     [removed quote within quote]

Bad joke.


Who said anyone was joking?

But no, it is completely socially acceptable and cool to dream of holding the world's population at ransom. Especially specific sectors of it. Afterall, that'll show em. /shakes fist and wipes tears. Actually, people who have these fantasies always turn out to be well-rounded, stable individuals that are popular, admired, and capable of heading a loving family.

That is, when they aren't out committing genocide.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Romance_us
Profile Joined March 2006
Seychelles1806 Posts
September 25 2006 05:23 GMT
#13
On September 25 2006 14:21 QuietIdiot wrote:
[removed quote within quote]
I'm a stubborn man, once I set a goal I will do everything to get it. My life is devoid of socialization, I have come across a few people to become my friends, but they're merely temporarily. In the end, there's only yourself, and yeah it's not a priority, it's just a goal I want to acheive because I fucking believe in myself. I just want to be where I want, I've had one hell of a life to pay for. No means to offend you of course.


good post yo!
Notes and feelings, numbers and reason. The ultimate equilibrium.
Person514cs
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
1004 Posts
September 25 2006 05:28 GMT
#14
On September 25 2006 14:23 Flaccid wrote:
     [removed quote within quote]

Who said anyone was joking?

But no, it is completely socially acceptable and cool to dream of holding the world's population at ransom. Especially specific sectors of it. Afterall, that'll show em /shakes fist and wipes tears.


I am only doing this for the good of all human kind. I am a good man thus I make good decsions, I think.
Peace and love, for ever.
dronebabo
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
10866 Posts
September 25 2006 05:32 GMT
#15
--- Nuked ---
Person514cs
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
1004 Posts
September 25 2006 05:32 GMT
#16
On September 25 2006 14:03 Flaccid wrote:
Just got back from the head. We're out of soap.


What does this mean?
Peace and love, for ever.
HeadBangaa
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6512 Posts
September 25 2006 05:37 GMT
#17
1 year left for completion of computer science BS. I truly hate school at this point, can't wait to be done.
People who fail to distinguish Socratic Method from malicious trolling are sadly stupid and not worth a response.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
September 25 2006 05:40 GMT
#18
headbangaa, you'll think you hate school but once you're out in the workplace, you'll realize that the college years are some of the best of your life...

nostalgia -_-
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
LegendaryDreams
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada1350 Posts
September 25 2006 05:54 GMT
#19
On September 25 2006 14:21 QuietIdiot wrote:
[removed quote within quote]
I'm a stubborn man, once I set a goal I will do everything to get it. My life is devoid of socialization, I have come across a few people to become my friends, but they're merely temporarily. In the end, there's only yourself, and yeah it's not a priority, it's just a goal I want to acheive because I fucking believe in myself. I just want to be where I want, I've had one hell of a life to pay for. No means to offend you of course.

Listen man, the only way you're going to get through some things is connections. you say u just want "temporary friends" cause they arent good enough right? well how are you going to be friends with the ppl u rly want to hang out with? its called practice. i hate it when ppl go, i want a gf but i'm waiting for the "perfect" one to come, well if you havent gone out with girls before then you'd have no shot at the girl you want cause you have no experience. dont be a loner man.
call me moxie
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
September 25 2006 05:55 GMT
#20
u can guess my name
im 22
i live alone but prolly will have a roommate soon(a friend of mine)
i live in portland, oregon
i treat my body very poorly but my mind is very sharp
I take adderal to help me focus because I have very serious attention problems without it. I know that it is slowly wearing down my body and I do not know what I will do when I have to stop taking it, which should happen eventually.
i play way too much dota, take everything in my life to extremes, and constantly question everything I do, which is both good and bad.
im considering furthering my education with mit open courseware, online.
im interested in neurology, physics, and artificial intelligence.
several drops of blood has came out the last 3 times I took a dump, as well as there being blood on the toilet paper.
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4423
Leta 1843
Shuttle 1052
Shine 39
ZergMaN 26
sorry 22
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm221
League of Legends
JimRising 623
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King46
Other Games
summit1g7461
WinterStarcraft630
Sick185
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick508
BasetradeTV238
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1419
• Sammyuel 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2201
League of Legends
• Rush1120
• Lourlo1093
Other Games
• Shiphtur501
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 39m
Patches Events
8h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 39m
OSC
16h 39m
OSC
1d 5h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.