• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:56
CEST 23:56
KST 06:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11052 users

Getting to know you: Part Deux - Page 11

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 All
tae
Profile Joined September 2006
United States101 Posts
October 03 2006 01:47 GMT
#201
My name is Griffin
I'm from Birmingham, Alabama. I'm in school at Auburn University on scholarship. I'm double majoring in Chemical Engineering and Physics. I will either go to law school, med school, or continue on the engineering track and get my Ph.D after undergrad work. I've been an avid TL.net reader for a long time, but I just recently decided to join and paricipate in the forums (I feel that people should spend a lot of time learning how things work around TL.net before they decide to actively paricipate in posting). I've been playing SC/BW for something like 6 years. I've played "seriously" for about 2 years.
They see me trollin, Im hatin, they hopin that they gon catch me writin dirty...
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-10-03 02:15:51
October 03 2006 02:15 GMT
#202
I'm Brian
JUST turned 18. but im in my first year of college, at Ithaca NY
i worked my balls off for the last two years, and now that im at college i have no job, which is the most amazing thing ever. i have almost no responsibility for the first time in my life.(well, since i was 8 or whatever. whenever chores came around.) Ive watched seasons 1-3 of the simpsons, and probably 50 random episodes with my roommate since i got here last month. i go half an hour away every weekend to stay with my friend and go to parties, get really stoned and play beer pong.
im very into like, new american metal i guess. trivium, slipknot, The War Within Shadows Fall, that kind of stuff. And im going to go to australia in my sophomore or junior year as a study abroad program. i cant wait.
mnm
Profile Blog Joined August 2003
United States4493 Posts
October 03 2006 02:28 GMT
#203
damnit, this is the thread i wanted to start when i did my whole spiel =[ i guess i shouldve titled it 'getting to know you' ...
http://www.teamliquid.net/store http://www.teamliquid.net/gallery/
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
October 03 2006 02:37 GMT
#204
I'm Kyle, I'm 20, and I'm in my 3rd (4th? Honestly it gets hazy at this point) year of Software Engineering at the University of New Brunswick. I think Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. is a genius, and although he is most likely going to die soon, I think he's happy, so I will endeavour to be so as well.
Once I finish my degree, in the spring / summer of 2008, I have no idea what I'll do.
I really like Lou Reed and the Velvet Underground, as well as pretty much any blues / classic rock group. I'd like to see the Queens of the Stone Age live sometime, despite rumours that their live shows are disappointing at best.
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17850 Posts
October 03 2006 20:56 GMT
#205
I'm Chris.
I'm 24 (will finish in december).
I've just returned to study philosophy at my local university.
I'm addicted to DotA I think.
I hate such threads.
I don't know, I don't wanna know, I'm out.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Singu
Profile Joined March 2005
Netherlands90 Posts
October 03 2006 22:45 GMT
#206
Hi I'm miza, I'm half moroccan half dutch. I live in amsterdam and work in a restaurant at the moment. I plan to study next year, something history related, dont know which subject yet.

I love starcraft and it has been a big part of my life, ( sounds geekish eh ?) mostly because a few of my rl friends play the game too and it has a great community. Next to starcraft i like to hang out with friends.. getting drunk, high, watching movies or hang out in our great city that is called amsterdam . I occasionally play poker at a coffeeshop with NrT.NevelHAZE and xS.n-JiNaNG, where i take care of their money . I'm also a fanatic painter.. that is.. not on canvas but on walls, trains trucks etc. I'm a graffiti artist in the dark hours.. I like almost all kindss of music, but i have to say that house and oldskool hiphop are my favorite genre's, but i can just as easily listen to bach or charlie parker.

and this is me : http://interval0.rendered.startpda.net/3050001-3100000/3095454_700_700_fgwI.jpeg on the right !
Ol'~sKool
Flaccid
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
8927 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-10-03 23:59:43
October 03 2006 23:57 GMT
#207
Heh. I had no desire to post here (I don't like talking about myself to strangers), but I just sat here and read through all 11 pages and really enjoyed getting to know the members of the TL.net community. So I'd better contribute as to not be a complete jackass.

My name is Steve, I'm too old for BW (23) and finished up my degree in Physics Engineering last April. I kept my sanity while in school by doing a regular comic for the paper and playing in a rock band. Since then, I have been working for a small engineering company in my hometown in central Alberta, Canada. It's funny - so many people go off to school and work to escape their familiar surroundings whereas I really couldn't wait to get back. I love it here. Going to University in a capital city made me realize just how much of a dumb country-boy I am and how much I hate big cities.

My job is great. I'd describe what I do as 'a one-man R&D team'. It's great since my attention span is so short (yeah, that's why I'm on TL right now) and the diversity of the job keeps me sharp and interested. I get to use my imagination, which keeps me happy - plus I learn an absolute ton with each project I take on.

I'm also a die-hard Edmonton Oilers fan, as you might notice from my posts in the Sports board. This is me during the Stanley Cup Playoffs last season:

[image loading]


As for BW, I can never get away =[

Last year, Brett (NewB), myself, and a couple others created the team sMi., so now we're stuck with it until either the team dies, or people in North America stop playing BW. I haven't played much for years, but I still find myself constantly logging on in order to take care of 'team stuff' and keep things running smoothly. All of us take a great deal of pride in the team we have made, so we would never let the running of said team become sub-standard. Hence, like I said, we're stuck with it ;-)

-White male
-Brown eyes
-Looking for a dark-haired girl who is into music and motorcycles
-Call me
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
fLyiNgDroNe
Profile Joined September 2005
Belgium4134 Posts
October 04 2006 02:26 GMT
#208
Hi, my name is Alexander Kuznetsov, I'm russian, i live in Moscow for 7 years now, I'm 24 now (actually i'm 23 gonna be 24 in a week, woohoo!)
I finished Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology year ago and now i work at the well-known russian bank software producing company as a senoir analyst. I work here for 2 years already (Jesus, it really has been so long!).
I play Starcraft since my first year at the University which makes it 6,5 years. I don't play any other games not only because i simply have no time for that but also because they are too boring for me.
I spent two years during my study when all i did was bw playing. I DON'T regret that even considering it made me struggle during my examinations and made my graduate results look disgusting.
I love bw, i love TLnet and i love korean progaming scene. That's my hobby and i'm proud of it. I lost the passion for the game a long time ago changing my life priorities to career and real life stuff, but i will never let the bw-scene go away from me. Simply because it's cool and great.
My little advice to you, guys: do with your life what you want to do, not what the society or your friends or your parents or whoever wants you to do. Just think about the consequences of your decisions and go your OWN way. Even if it's fucking wrong - it is still yours and all you should do - to be proud of yourself and learn from the mistakes you will make.
Cheers!
Drone is a way of living
ChoboCop
Profile Joined July 2004
United States954 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-10-04 03:21:54
October 04 2006 03:17 GMT
#209
Figured I should post my picture in line with the current trend.
[image loading]
Critical thinking is the intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered.
Scorpion
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
United States1974 Posts
October 05 2006 09:51 GMT
#210
I'm Alfonso Enrique Rivera Jr, I'm 16, I'm a junior in high school, and I'm thinking about becoming a military pilot. After that, I might just fly commercial airliners, or some other stuff. My dream has always been to fly.

I listen to Metal and all it's subgenres(and it's subgenres, and subgenres of those subgenres), such as Black Metal, Melodic Black Metal, Symphonic Black metal, Blackened Death metal, Death Metal, Melodic Death metal, Deathgrind, Grindcore, Doom Metal, Thrash Metal, Melodic Thrash metal, Speed Metal, Progressive Metal, Technical Death, etc....
Mango @ U.S.East!
HeadBangaa
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6512 Posts
October 05 2006 10:36 GMT
#211
On October 03 2006 11:28 mnm wrote:
damnit, this is the thread i wanted to start when i did my whole spiel =[ i guess i shouldve titled it 'getting to know you' ...

Yeah, I remember you had a single-line in your OP like "You guys post shit about yourselves, too if you want" so I was like OK, GREEN LIGHT! That's why I didn't post about myself too much here, I already blogged the hell out of some TL.net threads lately.
People who fail to distinguish Socratic Method from malicious trolling are sadly stupid and not worth a response.
skyglow1
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
New Zealand3962 Posts
October 05 2006 14:24 GMT
#212
Soooooo many old as ppl on these forums O_O Completely different to the age group whose posts I thought I was reading.
Physician *
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States4146 Posts
October 05 2006 19:39 GMT
#213
http://www.flork.com/negativegene.html
"I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities...."
Fedaykin
Profile Joined February 2003
Netherlands2003 Posts
October 05 2006 19:44 GMT
#214
On October 05 2006 18:51 Scorpion wrote:
I'm Alfonso Enrique Rivera Jr, I'm 16, I'm a junior in high school, and I'm thinking about becoming a military pilot. After that, I might just fly commercial airliners, or some other stuff. My dream has always been to fly.

I listen to Metal and all it's subgenres(and it's subgenres, and subgenres of those subgenres), such as Black Metal, Melodic Black Metal, Symphonic Black metal, Blackened Death metal, Death Metal, Melodic Death metal, Deathgrind, Grindcore, Doom Metal, Thrash Metal, Melodic Thrash metal, Speed Metal, Progressive Metal, Technical Death, etc....
Any type of metal you don't listen to?
mdb
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
Bulgaria4059 Posts
October 05 2006 20:24 GMT
#215
I wanna hear a song from the subgenre - Blackened Death Metal
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
October 05 2006 21:22 GMT
#216
On October 06 2006 04:44 Fedaykin wrote:
[removed quote within quote]Any type of metal you don't listen to?

nu probably
On October 06 2006 05:24 mdb wrote:
I wanna hear a song from the subgenre - Blackened Death Metal

I think Behemoth is blackened death
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
XDawn
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
Canada4040 Posts
October 05 2006 21:54 GMT
#217
Heya, My name is Sang Kyum (Steve) Kim; um don't know if you guys knew or not (doesn't matter) but I'm from Korea but moved to Canada when I was about 6y.o. and have been living here ever since; never been able to go back to Korea for a visit or anything.
Anyways, I'm 16 now (17 in December) - senior year in high school and I'm not really sure what I want to do after High School. I love dance (bboy/hiphop) and singing but I don't see myself going anywhere in that area :x
I listen to any genre except country and hardcore metal (I donno, it gets too repetitive for me).
Quit BW since I fell in love with bboying (about a month or two ago) and haven't touched a video game since.
In need of a job, haha.
Use it or lose it
WOstick
Profile Joined June 2005
Norway433 Posts
Last Edited: 2006-10-05 22:10:23
October 05 2006 22:09 GMT
#218
My name's terry and im a law abider. there's nothing i like more than getting fired up on beer.
and when the weekends here i exercise my right to get paraletic(?) and fight.
jk
Hi, Im hallvard.
I study energy and enviroment with major(i dont know what that means but it seems appropriate) in electrical power engineering. I currently spend more time at my voulenteering at the student society doing culture stuff, wich is sweet but it's defeanately messing with my grades. Its now friday 16:00 and i have just missed two papers i should have turned in I cant decide wether or not i should play more SC, because i suck and i want to get better and stuff. But it takes a lot of time and it fucks up my social skills. Anybody else get that feeling? When you've been playing a whole day and only communicating through writing and then go out to meet real people and dont know what to say? Im a really social and extrovert kind of guy but in those situations i feel like im talking to aliens!
whatever... i have a girlfriend who has now moved away from the city we used to live in. it sucks really bad. long distance is not my thing. anybody else feel that talking on the phone is very unsatisfying? i do...
anyway, im good. i love my life here in trondheim and if i fail some classes, fuck it. we all get jobs anyway.
Are you suggestion that a cocunut is migrating?
exalted
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States3612 Posts
October 05 2006 22:22 GMT
#219
Ok my photo:

[image loading]


I believe people should use better punctuation and more paragraphs.
too easy
Prev 1 9 10 11 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O178
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14300
Shuttle 375
White-Ra 240
ZZZero.O 138
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm103
League of Legends
Doublelift3625
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4878
Other Games
summit1g9300
FrodaN2332
Liquid`RaSZi2057
C9.Mang0302
crisheroes289
ToD277
Livibee195
Pyrionflax162
Mew2King48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1087
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 50
• musti20045 42
• Adnapsc2 26
• HeavenSC 15
• Sammyuel 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1502
• Shiphtur670
• WagamamaTV301
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 4m
Replay Cast
1h 4m
OSC
14h 4m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.