• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:01
CEST 13:01
KST 20:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11263 users

Your New Challenger: PiG!

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
dot89
Profile Joined February 2012
81 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-15 06:07:42
January 15 2014 06:03 GMT
#1
[image loading]

PiG's reaction to qualifying for Challenger League
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Hi PiG, congratulations on qualifying for Challenger League! For the benefit of those who don’t know you well, tell us a little bit about yourself.

PiG: Hi, thanks! Well I like long walks on the beach and reading Shakespeare, also I'm a Sagittarius.


Thy name is "PiG", whereith its origin?

PiG:
I once was hiking through the Andes doing some soul-searching, as my flask of souls was empty and I needed more mana, when I came across a wild-pig trail. Feeling the pangs of hunger in my stomach I immediately turned to stalk its beaten path. Within minutes I had found that the trail was wide and deep, as if used by dozens of the beasts. I stalked along that trail for 3 days, and at the end of it faced one of the largest boars I have ever beheld. It's totter to shoulder stood almost as tall as me, and it's breadth was as wide as an ox. A proud beast, it tried valiantly to defend its territory. At the end of the battle I was the victor, but it's tusks severely gored me and whilst I fed on the beast to heal myself, I could feel nothing but admiration for such a noble creature. As such, I named myself in it's honour, to forever remember such a fine beast.


What a fine story. You've started 2014 with a bang, how was your practice in the lead up to this tournament?

PiG: It's been a good start to the year and end of last year. Despite a disappointing IEM Singapore showing I won the SEA Championship Series, a few online tournaments and now this Qualifier in the last 6 weeks. So I'm feeling pretty good. As always the results are indicative of the training throughout the year. I did some of my best training last year and improved at many things, especially massing large numbers of games.

However, directly in the lead up to this tournament I was coming off a break around Christmas time and as I was getting back into it I was looking to optimise my practice as I felt I had stagnated. So the last few weeks I've been analysing more pro vods and replays each day, and spending shorter sessions practicing. This allows me to focus better on playing my best every game and I've also been seeking out a lot of practice partners amongst European players to discuss and practice my match ups.


Which European players do you practice with?

PiG: I'm still trying to get in the habit of recurring practice with players so we can come to trust each other with secrets/builds and communicate effectively, but a few players that have helped me a lot recently are SortOf and ToD. I also get some great practice with some American players like the Root guys, Puck and Xenocider. I am just really working hard on working around timezones and my own love of Korean ladder so it's more regular so that I can play customs more often.


How does it feel to have bragging rights over KingKong twice in a row now? (just kidding, KK is a sweetie)

PiG: It feels bloody good! He's a great player who's beaten me many times this year and denied me a LOT of prize money and high placings. It always feels good to get revenge on someone that has owned you many times. It makes me feel at least 20% less noob.


Have you looked at the list of potential players you’re versing in Challenger League? Who or what race are you most worried about?

PiG: Protoss worries me because their units don't like dying. Even when I'm way ahead against Protoss it's like the end of a horror movie where you shoot the bad guy, start hugging each other and celebrating when he stands up and starts coming at you with a knife again. So you knock him out with a baseball club, then curbstomp him. 20 seconds later mid-high-five and you have this maniac somehow charging at you again with a bloody cardboard cutter. So you tackle him, light him on fire-

Look they just don't die ok.

Luckily if you use mutalisks it guarantees you're the main character of the horror film and he will EVENTUALLY die.

Actually scratch that part and just do this:

light him on fire, stab him 27 times and throw him off a cliff. And then he's FINALLY dead.


I take it you're worried about Protoss somewhat. How about Koreans? Do you think you're the next foreign hope?

PiG: I'm actually working on some new styles for ZvP which should be ready by the time of my matches so I doubt the matchup itself will be that much of an issue. I'm not worried about Koreans in general as race doesn't make you good at a game. There are a lot of Koreans that have moved overseas or spend all their time competing in online cups and practicing at home and they have no advantages over foreign players. There's quite a few of these players in Challenger and quite a few I consider much easier picks than say Scarlett or Jim.

I'd like to be the best at Starcraft, and to get there you have to be the best "foreigner" first so yeah sure, I'd like to be that guy. If I keep improving maybe by the latter half of this year I'll get there but there's quite a few rungs on the ladder before I get there.


Okay last question. If you were stuck on a deserted island, which StarCraft unit would you want to have with you?

PiG: SCV, he'd have something good to smoke to pass the time.


Thanks for the answers. Any shoutouts?

PiG: As always shoutout to my team, Exile5, and our sponsors, Nvidia, CM Storm and Coolermaster, as well as my private sponsor parter, Gigabyte Notebooks, for allowing me to play as a pro player on our lonely Island. A big thanks to all the fans that lovingly follow the game and a special mention to Blizzard ANZ, Blizzard eSports and WCS America for involving our region in this tournament. Since the announcement of these qualifiers I've already seen a huge increase in activity on the SC2SEA forums and all over the SEA community. Thanks!


You can follow and find out more about PiG here:
Twitter: @x5__PiG
Stream: x5_PiG
Facebook: PiGSC2



[image loading]

Contributors:-
Interviews, editing: x5 Dot

All StarCraft 2 images are the property of Blizzard Entertainment
http://www.team-exile5.org/ | Sponsored by NVIDIA, CM Storm and CoolerMaster
Dox
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia1199 Posts
January 15 2014 06:10 GMT
#2
TIL PiG is a Beastmaster!
@NvDox | Plantronics Nv: Rossi . mOOnGLaDe . deth . JazBas | @NvSC2 | @NvCoD | @NvLeague | @NvHearthstone | @NvDotA2 | @PLT_MF
Maynarde
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1286 Posts
January 15 2014 06:11 GMT
#3
LOL, gg and grats Pig

Good luck in Challenger my friend, hope you get a zerg your ZvZ is scary!
CommentatorAustralian SC2 Caster | Twitter: @MaynardeSC2 | Twitch: twitch.tv/maynarde
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
January 15 2014 06:15 GMT
#4
piguu
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
2ezy
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia17 Posts
January 15 2014 06:16 GMT
#5
Gratz Pig, GL
Twoezy.
Stallion
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand67 Posts
January 15 2014 06:16 GMT
#6
nice interview jared GOGO PIG
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
January 15 2014 06:21 GMT
#7
This interview was awesome.
Moderator。◕‿◕。
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
January 15 2014 06:27 GMT
#8
PiG :D
gogo fighting!
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
aLt)nirvana
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Singapore848 Posts
January 15 2014 06:30 GMT
#9
PIGGGGGGGU!

Love PiG & Dot
sc2sea.com - The SEA / ANZ community
PressureTested
Profile Joined June 2003
Australia83 Posts
January 15 2014 06:35 GMT
#10
That reaction gif!
You can't teach that
tomastaz
Profile Joined January 2013
United States976 Posts
January 15 2014 06:35 GMT
#11
PiG!
No church in the wild --- @tzhang0126
tili
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1332 Posts
January 15 2014 06:35 GMT
#12
Bloody enthusiastic.

Good interview!
rezyn8
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia216 Posts
January 15 2014 06:36 GMT
#13
PiGUUUUUUUUU FIGHTING!!!
Silicon Sports Founder :: siliconsports.net :: @rezyn8
igay
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Australia1178 Posts
January 15 2014 06:54 GMT
#14
you put so dam much into this game glad to see it paying off!
MVP <3 MKP <3 DRG <3
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
January 15 2014 07:02 GMT
#15
I'm very confused right now. Liquipedia page doesn't list PiG under Challenger. How come?
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
RayBeans
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany331 Posts
January 15 2014 07:21 GMT
#16
What a nice guy! GL in challenger!
eSports with friends & HSV esports e.V. - Hamburg!
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-15 07:23:45
January 15 2014 07:22 GMT
#17
On January 15 2014 16:02 Seeker wrote:
I'm very confused right now. Liquipedia page doesn't list PiG under Challenger. How come?

should check again^^

but kingkong is qualified too so technically u didnt beat him :D
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
dot89
Profile Joined February 2012
81 Posts
January 15 2014 07:25 GMT
#18
On January 15 2014 16:02 Seeker wrote:
I'm very confused right now. Liquipedia page doesn't list PiG under Challenger. How come?


He's right there in the "Qualified Players" section in the massive Zerg column! http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2014_WCS_Season_1_America/Challenger
http://www.team-exile5.org/ | Sponsored by NVIDIA, CM Storm and CoolerMaster
RPR_Tempest
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia7799 Posts
January 15 2014 08:25 GMT
#19
That was a beautiful story PiG. Thank you so much for sharing the tale of your ID with us T_T
Soundwave, Zerg player from Canberra, Australia. @SoundwaveSC
ratty
Profile Joined July 2011
New Zealand275 Posts
January 15 2014 09:23 GMT
#20
rofl love the answers pig best of luck hope you make it to premier
no. monkeys land on their feet, they're like masturbating cats ~ #~hyvaa~#~
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs HackErIsTopLIVE!
ByuN vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings149
CranKy Ducklings SOOP26
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 11115
FanTaSy 1927
Hyuk 830
Horang2 574
BeSt 438
Pusan 241
Stork 207
EffOrt 121
Last 118
Killer 117
[ Show more ]
Zeus 111
Mind 108
sorry 73
Hyun 60
ggaemo 58
PianO 47
Snow 46
Bale 37
ToSsGirL 37
Hm[arnc] 30
JYJ 23
Aegong 17
zelot 12
Sacsri 11
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe288
Counter-Strike
fl0m1555
byalli939
x6flipin245
Other Games
gofns40896
singsing2710
B2W.Neo187
ArmadaUGS82
Mew2King70
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick705
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream71
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
59m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 79
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 59m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 59m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 59m
Replay Cast
11h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 59m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 59m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.