• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:05
CEST 08:05
KST 15:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9495 users

Axiom-Acer Partnership Ends

Forum Index > SC2 General
100 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
January 03 2014 18:52 GMT
#1
As reported on Axiom's website here:
http://axiomesports.com/articles/news/axiom-esports/58/AxiomAcer-Partnership-Ends/

As more news about Korean teams disbanding comes forward, it’s clear GSTL will not continue into the new year. Since competing in GSTL was the sole purpose of Axiom’s partnership with Acer, the AxiomAcer partnership will end. The end of the alliance was agreed upon by both parties and we end our partnership amicably. We want to extend our warmest thanks to Team Acer for allowing their players to join us in the GSTL and their support throughout 2013.


During the partnership, Axiom-Acer overcame many expectations to finish 3rd place in the 2013 Season 1 GSTL, and winning 1st place in the 2013 Season 2 GSTL.

From Crank's blog:
Acer is still our closest friend and we still love each other.


- See more at: http://axiomesports.com/articles/news/axiom-esports/58/AxiomAcer-Partnership-Ends/#sthash.fxjH3wAx.dpuf
Facebook Twitter Reddit
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Danzo
Profile Joined March 2011
2820 Posts
January 03 2014 18:54 GMT
#2
It was a good partnership while it lasted.
Getting too old for this..
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
January 03 2014 18:54 GMT
#3
That's too bad but it's not surprising with no GSTL. I wonder where Scarlett is going to live to practice in 2014
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Faust852
Profile Joined February 2012
Luxembourg4004 Posts
January 03 2014 18:56 GMT
#4
Could have been fun to watch AxAc in Proleague, Gl to both teams.
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
January 03 2014 18:56 GMT
#5
Was great while it lasted :D Hope Acer partners with a kespa team and Inno and MMA can play in PL
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
January 03 2014 18:57 GMT
#6
Well, it kinda makes sense. As mentioned, it was a good partnership but no GSTL, no need for it anymore. At least, Ryung won't be picking on Innovation when the partnership is dissolved so there's that lol
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
NovaMB
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany9534 Posts
January 03 2014 18:57 GMT
#7
What about the housing situation? Will the Acer players move out or stay in the teamhouse?
WigglingSquid
Profile Joined August 2011
5194 Posts
January 03 2014 18:58 GMT
#8
A nice and productive partnership comes to its natural end.
Too bad for GSTL. I just hope GSL will cover enough Coda A matches to give me my fix of Wolfdor.
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 03 2014 19:00 GMT
#9
On January 04 2014 03:54 Shellshock wrote:
That's too bad but it's not surprising with no GSTL. I wonder where Scarlett is going to live to practice in 2014


I thought she was retiring in the near future? Did I miss something?
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
StutteR
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1903 Posts
January 03 2014 19:02 GMT
#10
AxAc SPL 2015 please!
`~` | effOrt Movie sKyHigh forever & SEn
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
January 03 2014 19:03 GMT
#11
On January 04 2014 04:00 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2014 03:54 Shellshock wrote:
That's too bad but it's not surprising with no GSTL. I wonder where Scarlett is going to live to practice in 2014


I thought she was retiring in the near future? Did I miss something?


Yeah you probably did, I don't think she's retiring
AdministratorBreak the chains
Noobity
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States871 Posts
January 03 2014 19:07 GMT
#12
She said something about a year I believe. Her interview with... I want to say Slasher, had her saying she didn't stick with one game for too long. She didn't give any definitive response, and said she'd probably still be playing just not as hardcore as she is.

I also don't think this necessarily changes the living arrangements. Considering they're all good friends they might just continue doing what they're doing and just split the rent however many ways. But there's also the WCS changes going on, with other players planning on playing in other regions, who knows how many would move and the living situations could change drastically in general.
My name is Mike, and statistically, yours is not.
JimSocks
Profile Joined February 2009
United States968 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-03 19:13:51
January 03 2014 19:10 GMT
#13
what about the team house bros?
tb keeps saying the house in Korea is expensive.
Aeromi
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
France14463 Posts
January 03 2014 19:11 GMT
#14
On January 04 2014 04:03 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2014 04:00 darthfoley wrote:
On January 04 2014 03:54 Shellshock wrote:
That's too bad but it's not surprising with no GSTL. I wonder where Scarlett is going to live to practice in 2014


I thought she was retiring in the near future? Did I miss something?


Yeah you probably did, I don't think she's retiring

She said she don't want to be full time in 2014.
https://twitter.com/DrAeromi | Updates on live tournaments: @StarCrafteSport
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
January 03 2014 19:12 GMT
#15
On January 04 2014 04:03 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2014 04:00 darthfoley wrote:
On January 04 2014 03:54 Shellshock wrote:
That's too bad but it's not surprising with no GSTL. I wonder where Scarlett is going to live to practice in 2014


I thought she was retiring in the near future? Did I miss something?


Yeah you probably did, I don't think she's retiring

Didn't she say the she goes part-time next year or smth?
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
Faust852
Profile Joined February 2012
Luxembourg4004 Posts
January 03 2014 19:13 GMT
#16
On January 04 2014 04:11 Aeromi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2014 04:03 Zealously wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:00 darthfoley wrote:
On January 04 2014 03:54 Shellshock wrote:
That's too bad but it's not surprising with no GSTL. I wonder where Scarlett is going to live to practice in 2014


I thought she was retiring in the near future? Did I miss something?


Yeah you probably did, I don't think she's retiring

She said she don't want to be full time in 2014.

She's quite a drama queen so I don't take her words for written into rock. She has been very successful so obviously she will continue :D
-niL
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada1131 Posts
January 03 2014 19:13 GMT
#17
On January 04 2014 03:56 GumBa wrote:
Was great while it lasted :D Hope Acer partners with a kespa team and Inno and MMA can play in PL

AcerSKT
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
January 03 2014 19:16 GMT
#18
On January 04 2014 04:11 Aeromi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2014 04:03 Zealously wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:00 darthfoley wrote:
On January 04 2014 03:54 Shellshock wrote:
That's too bad but it's not surprising with no GSTL. I wonder where Scarlett is going to live to practice in 2014


I thought she was retiring in the near future? Did I miss something?


Yeah you probably did, I don't think she's retiring

She said she don't want to be full time in 2014.


She said she might not play full-time in 2014, didn't she? Even if that's how it turns out, there's a significant difference between that and retiring, and she kind of tends to be somewhat of a drama queen, I wouldn't take her word for it just like that given her success this year.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Squat
Profile Joined September 2013
Sweden7978 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-03 19:20:40
January 03 2014 19:16 GMT
#19
On January 04 2014 04:11 Aeromi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2014 04:03 Zealously wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:00 darthfoley wrote:
On January 04 2014 03:54 Shellshock wrote:
That's too bad but it's not surprising with no GSTL. I wonder where Scarlett is going to live to practice in 2014


I thought she was retiring in the near future? Did I miss something?


Yeah you probably did, I don't think she's retiring

She said she don't want to be full time in 2014.

She said in an interview she wants to keep playing and competing quite a bit, but will likely cut down on watching the game and other related stuff, just practice and competition. That means you have time for school and other stuff too.

Besides, if she keeps doing well and is the process of getting an education, there is not really anything else she could do to make comparable money. She had 12k viewers when streaming for 10 hours. I really do hope she can get a solid practice environment for 2014, though with the clusterfuck that is the Korean scene it is not exactly a safe bet to go over there.

And even if it's part time, who cares. Maybe that will actually help because you don't need to live and breathe SC every day. Polt is doing just fine. So was Nerchio for a long time. If anything he did better back then. I think everyone should be part time, playing a game as demanding and stressful as Sc2 full time for years is not something I'd recommend to anyone.

On topic: we knew about this for a while, TB dropped the news when GSTL went belly up. Sad not to see AxA in PL, but scheduling would be a nightmare, and so would housing and other shit.
"Digital. They have digital. What is digital?" - Donald J Trump
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
January 03 2014 19:16 GMT
#20
On January 04 2014 04:13 Faust852 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 04 2014 04:11 Aeromi wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:03 Zealously wrote:
On January 04 2014 04:00 darthfoley wrote:
On January 04 2014 03:54 Shellshock wrote:
That's too bad but it's not surprising with no GSTL. I wonder where Scarlett is going to live to practice in 2014


I thought she was retiring in the near future? Did I miss something?


Yeah you probably did, I don't think she's retiring

She said she don't want to be full time in 2014.

She's quite a drama queen so I don't take her words for written into rock. She has been very successful so obviously she will continue :D

She will continue... Part time.
Refer to my post.
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings87
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 171
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 482
hero 454
BeSt 252
Mind 33
Terrorterran 20
Bale 18
ZergMaN 11
Noble 11
yabsab 10
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1081
League of Legends
JimRising 685
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King112
Other Games
summit1g9207
ArmadaUGS48
Livibee40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick491
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH338
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2252
League of Legends
• Rush1398
• Stunt417
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 55m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
4h 55m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.