• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:00
CEST 11:00
KST 18:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10040 users

Resistance 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-23 23:57:08
December 23 2013 23:56 GMT
#5
YO HO YO HO YO HO YO HO

/in

I've been waiting a year for this shit
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 24 2013 00:59 GMT
#13
On December 24 2013 09:30 Blazinghand wrote:
/obs

this will be the first game of Resistance without me in it. I'm sorry I can't make this one, guys. Do well


Noooooooooooooo

I do miss the old guard. Prplhz my longtime buttbuddy, where art thou
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 24 2013 01:13 GMT
#15
I guess we need either Palmar or VE to be in all three then?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-24 02:28:39
December 24 2013 02:28 GMT
#20
On December 24 2013 10:52 FirmTofu wrote:
2. That is correct, spies cannot communicate with one another at all. (Not even in a quicktopic)


EZ

On March 07 2012 00:07 prplhz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2012 00:06 Forumite wrote:
On March 06 2012 23:42 prplhz wrote:
i thought it was determined by submission order

It´s determined by breadcrumbing, it can be quite tricky though.

lol no

FROM NOW ON, IN EVERY FUTURE GAME, THE SPY RULE IS THAT THE FIRST ONE ON THE SUBMISSION ORDER DOES THE SABOTAGING

FUTURE SPY TEAMS CAN JUST SEND PEOPLE TO THIS THREAD AND THEY WILL KNOW

Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 24 2013 02:46 GMT
#23
On December 24 2013 11:37 VisceraEyes wrote:
/in


YEEEEE


The leader selecting 4 players on D3 and 4 is a mechanic of the game and must be included.

Edit: The idea is that it increases the risk of sending the same successful team throughout the game, forcing the leaders to consider other players that haven't been on successful missions.


In that case, also 5 members on D5?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 24 2013 02:46 GMT
#24
On December 24 2013 11:45 FirmTofu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2013 11:37 VisceraEyes wrote:
/in

The leader selecting 4 players on D3 and 4 is a mechanic of the game and must be included.

Edit: The idea is that it increases the risk of sending the same successful team throughout the game, forcing the leaders to consider other players that haven't been on successful missions.

What do you suggest for day 5? I'm curious why the hosts of Resistance 2 did it differently from the Wikipedia reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Resistance_(game), which recommends 3,4,4,5,5 for each consecutive day, respectively.


Maybe 3-4-4-5-5 is prudent after all, since Resistance 2 ended up having a tight group of "trusted" people with 3-3-4-4-5 setup.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 24 2013 03:49 GMT
#35
On December 24 2013 12:38 raynpelikoneet wrote:
/in <3

This game is fucking awesome!


YES

YOU SHALL BE MY REPLACEMENT BUTTBUDDY
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 24 2013 03:49 GMT
#36
<3
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 24 2013 05:47 GMT
#43
On December 24 2013 14:44 Blazinghand wrote:
3 4 4 5(2) 5 is optimal imo


Let's try it out.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 26 2013 03:28 GMT
#48
Merry Christmas everyone!

I guess we're culling from these 10 signups then?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 27 2013 01:30 GMT
#83
Hi everyone! Glad to see game's finally started :D

On December 27 2013 10:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Picking a team that will get 100% downvoted (if that includes yourself) does not serve any purpose.


I agree with rayn. In Resistance 2 I picked BH and VE, two really town seeming guys (I think we even had 2/3 of the scumteam at that point), but I wasn't trustworthy so Sent-BH-VE got rejected.

I don't think there's anything scummy about picking 3 people everyone or almost everyone thinks is town, even if you're not one of those 3.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 27 2013 01:37 GMT
#85
On December 27 2013 10:33 Hopeless1der wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 27 2013 10:30 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Hi everyone! Glad to see game's finally started :D

On December 27 2013 10:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Picking a team that will get 100% downvoted (if that includes yourself) does not serve any purpose.


I agree with rayn. In Resistance 2 I picked BH and VE, two really town seeming guys (I think we even had 2/3 of the scumteam at that point), but I wasn't trustworthy so Sent-BH-VE got rejected.

I don't think there's anything scummy about picking 3 people everyone or almost everyone thinks is town, even if you're not one of those 3.

Lets suppose at least 1 of those 3 go on to fail a mission. Are you, as leader, culpable in the failure?


The same amount as you would be if you were on the mission yourself.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 27 2013 02:05 GMT
#89
On December 27 2013 10:44 Hopeless1der wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 27 2013 10:37 Adam4167 wrote:
On December 27 2013 10:33 Hopeless1der wrote:
On December 27 2013 10:30 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Hi everyone! Glad to see game's finally started :D

On December 27 2013 10:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Picking a team that will get 100% downvoted (if that includes yourself) does not serve any purpose.


I agree with rayn. In Resistance 2 I picked BH and VE, two really town seeming guys (I think we even had 2/3 of the scumteam at that point), but I wasn't trustworthy so Sent-BH-VE got rejected.

I don't think there's anything scummy about picking 3 people everyone or almost everyone thinks is town, even if you're not one of those 3.

Lets suppose at least 1 of those 3 go on to fail a mission. Are you, as leader, culpable in the failure?


It should be a consideration, not a slam dunk.

But there is at least one spy on the team, that is concrete information. So you look at the leaders motivations for sending each person on the team.

but now, you've coerced a player into doing "town's" bidding without having a clear view of his motive. I find that the vote mechanics serve to control how you view players much better than forcing the teams that people want to see.

Since we have up to 5 opportunities to get this done each round, I'd rather be confident in my read of the leader (and subsequently his selected companions) than have to second guess his motives down the road.

I'm not saying that each round is going to slam-dunk. I think that the consideration should FOLLOW the team being selected when people vote on it, and the leader should be playing to their optimal scenario.


Wouldn't "optimal" imply a scenario that you have control over, as opposed to the next person in line?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 27 2013 12:21 GMT
#123
I could go for Rayn - (Koshi/Cora) (not sure who I like better yet) - Adam
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 27 2013 16:38 GMT
#148
On December 28 2013 00:50 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2013 00:40 Hopeless1der wrote:
Okay Koshi, I'll appeal to you like this:

You seem predisposed to the condition that I am going to lurk, and that is a fair assumption since I do it all the time. Since this game has no lynch or death mechanic to deal with lurkers, how do you propose people get concrete information about me? By your own reasoning, players like VE and rayn are going to be able to demonstrate their township through activity and leadership.

The mission are a very weak cop-check and could serve to give more information on harder to read players so that the strong/vocal players can develop stronger reads.

No. I don't like that.

You send the most townie people on Day 1. But because I doubt that anybody can prove himself 100% town I suggest that the most active people/most respected people go on the first mission. Reasons have been stated.

Why I do not want liabilities to go on a Mission 1. Let's say we send Chairman Ray/[UoN]Sentinel/Hopeless on Mission 1 and it fails. What will you do then? One of those is scum but all 3 will probably(?) not have the biggest filter and shit is hard when there are no flips. But then you have your townleaders with the biggest filters (aka rayn/VE/Koshi/...) that don't really know who to trust and what to do. It's not optimal.

Let's say that we send rayn/VE/Cora and mission succeeds. Then I know for a fact that 50% of all the post on Day 2 will be made by townies. For a fact. So easy. So nice.


Goddamn am I that out-of-the-way? I was going to be more active this game too... still am, probably.

On December 28 2013 01:14 VisceraEyes wrote:
Sending a liability is a bad idea because it allows strong playing spies (i.e., myself if I were a spy) to hide behind the liability and get on further missions. It's a much better idea to just try and send the towniest people of the day and find out if they're ACTUALLY TOWN with the mission.

We don't have to worry about whether someone will be "leading town" later on because there are no kills and everyone is in the game the whole time. If I'm not sent on any missions, you'll still be able to benefit from my posting regardless the whole game long.


I am 100% behind this. If the mission fails I'd rather look between the three people who I thought were the greenest and make rational decisions from there than have a day of WIFOM where everyone argues whether it's the liability player or not.

It wouldn't really confirm anything either, a spy between 2 apparent towns and a neutral-red player can create even more confusion on D2 by the same principle. If we send the three towniest players, nothing goes wrong D1, and then mission failure D2, then the only real debate is if it's the fourth person we added on D2, or it's one of the original three. One point of confusion is better than two.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 27 2013 23:08 GMT
#168
Gonna look more in-depth into Hopeless when I get back
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 28 2013 03:13 GMT
#181
Hopeless is talking with more sense and clarity that I can conjure up, and his posts do seem a lot more complete than what I saw in my quick browse of his LXIII filter.

I like Adam calling out Koshi as well instead of just hopping on board with everyone else (including me). In some way this makes me think he carefully thought out his team. I trust him and I trust his view on Hopeless. Rayn's been stepping up as our chief discussion leader so I trust him too. I'm okay with this mission.

Voting yay
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 28 2013 13:44 GMT
#185
On December 28 2013 15:31 Chairman Ray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2013 12:04 FirmTofu wrote:
On December 28 2013 10:51 Adam4167 wrote:
Do I have to yay my own team? seems rather redundant

I'll assume yay unless you type nay for whatever reason.


Leaders should have to yay or nay their team. There's plenty good reason for a leader to reject his own team, and in this format, the order in which people yay/nay brings good information, so I think we should still require leaders to formally yay/nay as well.


What would be the reason?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 28 2013 20:43 GMT
#203
On December 29 2013 04:02 Chairman Ray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 28 2013 22:44 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On December 28 2013 15:31 Chairman Ray wrote:
On December 28 2013 12:04 FirmTofu wrote:
On December 28 2013 10:51 Adam4167 wrote:
Do I have to yay my own team? seems rather redundant

I'll assume yay unless you type nay for whatever reason.


Leaders should have to yay or nay their team. There's plenty good reason for a leader to reject his own team, and in this format, the order in which people yay/nay brings good information, so I think we should still require leaders to formally yay/nay as well.


What would be the reason?


From my experiences, leaders commonly reject their own team. The reason is not because of a lack of confidence, but because the most information and discussion comes from more rounds being played. Great information is gained through seeing other leaders' picks and people's voting patterns from round to round. If the leader feels that more information can be gained, then he would propose a team, and then reject it himself. Here's one such scenario that occurs often:

We are on the 5th round and the score is 2-2. We still don't know exactly who the mafia are, but we put our towniest 5 on the mission. The leader rejects the mission making the vote fail in a 4-5 vote. However, two people who were not on the mission yayed it. This confirms those two as mafia, and indicates a high likelihood that there is a spy that was sent on the mission. If the leader passed it, the game would have been lost right there.

Our voting format is a bit different than the real Resistance, but the concept is the same. I would expect that leaders would not yay/nay until the deciding vote. If new information arises that would indicate that the team is not good, then the leader would reject it.



I can't check right now because of shitty work internet, but I believe FT gave Adam the option to nay vote if anything like that came up, but just set his default state to yay.

The two in your example are not outed as mafia unless the leader is excluding himself from the mission and is town himself, netting six towns. Otherwise there could be one hopeful towny in there voting for his allies, and more off-team townies if there are spies on the mission. I see what you're trying to say but that hypothetical case is pretty convoluted and full of holes.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
December 28 2013 20:44 GMT
#204
Ninjad by FT

So that's the majority isn't it? We can't change our votes?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 4535
Horang2 364
Hyuk 359
Hyun 85
Hm[arnc] 73
Shinee 64
sorry 58
ggaemo 55
Killer 54
Snow 50
[ Show more ]
Bale 38
Bonyth 32
BeSt 23
JYJ 14
League of Legends
JimRising 553
Other Games
summit1g9089
gofns4939
singsing1086
Mew2King89
ArmadaUGS72
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick716
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream176
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 51
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2402
League of Legends
• Lourlo1414
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h
INu's Battles
3h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
6h
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
10h
BSL Open Qualifier
10h
Replay Cast
14h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 2h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.