• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:00
CEST 11:00
KST 18:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6911 users

Reasoning behind Cloudtemplar retirement

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
truemafia
Profile Joined November 2008
Korea (South)168 Posts
October 14 2013 04:07 GMT
#1
Reasons for Cloudtemplar’s retirement? “I felt I reached my limits”
[image loading]
Inven: First off what was your reasoning behind your retirement since it came as a shock to the fans.
Cloudtemplar: To start off, my retirement can’t be summarized in one sentence because there were many factors that involved in my retirement. But I can pinpoint 2 big factors.
First, I felt pressured in my gaming ability. I felt I hit my limit, I lost confidence in my abilties, and when I looked at my teammates each player was talented but I was denying my limits.
If there was a better jungler that came in, my teammates would be talented to win. My teammates and I denied my jungling limits and continued. So I told my teammates before going into summer season I’m going to work hard this season and/or retire.
I didn’t leave in a bad note but to help everyone in the team. By the way, tomorrow is monday which would be MiG Frost’s 2nd anniversary. To have my retirement along with the anniversary means alot to me. It means a new chapter in my life for me.

Inven: How did your teammates react to this?
Cloudtemplar: At first, they took it as a joke, because I always said I would quit someday.(laughs) But after our Korean representation matches, I talked about it during dinner. I said I shouldn’t be saying this outside but I’m done after today. Of course everyone cried during dinner. Even thuogh I don’t have brothers, my teammates felt like close brothers. Everyone was sad about my retirement so I was a bit happy but at the same time I was sad when I looked at them. However, I told my teammates today is a new beginning and finished my story.

Inven: What do you think about CJ Frost’s new roster after your absence?
Cloudtemplar: I watched some scrims when they were rebuilding the roster. My teammates are familiar with the new faces so they showed great synergy. Helios is one of those guys that shows good friendship and a good friend of ours. When I first heard Helios would join the team I was surprised, but when I thought about it again it looked good. Helios was in a situation where he didn’t really showcase his skills. Frost is a really strong team and Helios would fit right along. And I think the new Frost looks really good.

Inven: Any last words to your teammates?
Cloudtemplar:I remembered when I told them my retirement story. I told them when they were all sad that today is not a sad day but a happy day. It’s not the end but new beginning so you guys can rise to the top. There’s no reason to be sad about this. I believe everyone would play well. As long as they don’t give up, they will do well. They will have to go to the military duty at some point so they must work hard(laughs), and I’ll be watching them closely.

Inven: What are your plans moving forward?
Cloudtemplar: There is no definitive plan as of yet. People think I’m casting or CJ Coach from the communities but I haven’t decided on anything yet. I can’t cast just because I want to. I’m going to work hard whatever people job me for. One thing that’s sure is I’ll be working in a game related job.

Inven: Your fans were surprised by this, so any last words for your fans?
Cloudtemplar: When I think about my ending, my ending wasn’t good enough. I wanted to leave good impression in my last games and success. But there comes a time when people have to make a choice and I think this is the right time for me. For the fans, I always thank them for what they have done. If it weren’t for the fans, I might’ve been overwhelmed by pressure and collapsed. I’ve been a professional player for 2 years, so it wasn’t long or short career. It could’ve been shorter, but the appreciations from the fans brought me here today. Thanks for sujpporting me and I’ll always be thankful.
Inven
Chexx
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)11232 Posts
October 14 2013 04:27 GMT
#2
now I am sad. :<

I hope that CT can find a job as a caster or coach position for a Korean team. I am surprised that CJ doesnt use him as a coach.
WriterFollow me @TL_Chexx
UmberBane
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany5450 Posts
October 14 2013 05:08 GMT
#3
On October 14 2013 13:27 Chexx wrote:
now I am sad. :<

I hope that CT can find a job as a caster or coach position for a Korean team. I am surprised that CJ doesnt use him as a coach.


That surprised me as well. I was completely convinced that as soon as he retired he'd instantly be either a CJ coach or get hired by OGN.
Letmelose
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Korea (South)3227 Posts
October 14 2013 05:23 GMT
#4
He was probably the best Skarner player in the world in his prime, and got target banned with that unorthodox champion before it got nerfed into oblivion, and still holds the record in Korea for the most number of wins on Shen, which is extraordinary considering how unpopular it is as a jungler in general. He was the most recognizable jungler from Korea for the longest time, yet was in a lot of ways, totally uncharacteristic of the typical jungler from Korea, and carved out his own method of incredibly efficient jungling that Meteos replicates in recent times to great success.

His record on Shen (23 wins 7 losses, one of the best records in Korea for any champion for any player) shows how incredibly strong he was at his particular style of play, with his incredibly calculated jungling routes allowing for him to be up on levels to his counterpart in the enemy team, which then translated into stronger team fighting for dragon control, which in turn led to advantages in global gold that could be snowballed out of control.

CloudTemplar's downfall came with his relative inadequecies with dealing with strong skirmishing champions such as Lee Sin, and Elise, plus his tendencies to focus more on the bigger picture, rather than knowing every intricate detail of the two versus two match-up (in orthodox lane match-ups), or two versus three match-up (in the case of lane swaps), led to him being caught out of place, and he never had the mechanics to pull off anything out of the ordinary. Even still, CloudTemplar tried to his best to adjust to the ever-changing metagame, but was never able to replicate the playing style of the elite junglers that dethroned his place at the top, and was criticized heavily (myself included) for his inability to do so.

There is no doubting that he played a vital part in the growth of the League of Legends scene in Korea, and will retire as one of the most decorated players in the game.

OGN LoL Invitational: 1st place
OGN The Champions Spring 2012: 2nd place
OGN The Champions Summer 2012: 1st place
Season 2 World Championship: 2nd place
IEM Katowice: Round of four
OGN The Champions Winter 2012/2013: 2nd place
IEM Season VII World Championship: 2nd place
OGN The Champions Spring 2013: 4th place
OGN The Champions Summer 2013: 4th place

I still remember the clutch Skarner ultimate he managed snare on Yellowpete to secure their place in the Season 2 World Championship finals, in the only game that CLG EU didn't ban Skarner against him. I remember thinking to myself, that's the best Skarner player we'll ever get to see, and I think I was right.
TL+ Member
Chexx
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)11232 Posts
October 14 2013 05:34 GMT
#5
right when the morgana shield expired CT managed to grab yellowpete and secure the win. The audience went nuts in front of the war memorial
WriterFollow me @TL_Chexx
justiceknight
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Singapore5741 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-14 05:54:54
October 14 2013 05:54 GMT
#6
isnt today frost vs SKTT1, the 1st train wreck for frost? I am not sure whether Helios is good or not, he doesnt impress me since the 1st day of OGN.
Chexx
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)11232 Posts
October 14 2013 05:57 GMT
#7
On October 14 2013 14:54 justiceknight wrote:
isnt today frost vs SKTT1, the 1st train wreck for frost? I am not sure whether Helios is good or not, he doesnt impress me since the 1st day of OGN.

cloudtemplar will play today his last game on CJ Frost.
WriterFollow me @TL_Chexx
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
October 14 2013 06:09 GMT
#8
Dead player, dead game. hue hue.
I wonder what he plans on doing? Supposedly he's a good caster?
liftlift > tsm
RubberWU
Profile Joined October 2013
88 Posts
October 14 2013 06:19 GMT
#9
On October 14 2013 14:57 Chexx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2013 14:54 justiceknight wrote:
isnt today frost vs SKTT1, the 1st train wreck for frost? I am not sure whether Helios is good or not, he doesnt impress me since the 1st day of OGN.

cloudtemplar will play today his last game on CJ Frost.

Who is the midlane today? GBM,Maknoon or Rapidstar?
UmberBane
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany5450 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-14 06:35:07
October 14 2013 06:28 GMT
#10
On October 14 2013 15:09 wei2coolman wrote:
Dead player, dead game. hue hue.
I wonder what he plans on doing? Supposedly he's a good caster?


Maybe he'll become a professional Go player (as it was offered to him before he went pro in LoL)

I'd still like to see him as a coach the most.

CT always was so giggly in English interviews, I had almost forgotten.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
October 14 2013 07:15 GMT
#11
I'd be shocked if he doesn't join the OGN casting crew. With LoL Proleague coming up, it makes too much sense. Nal_rA and KDJ can't analyse every game.
Commentator
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3138
Soma 371
Rush 304
BeSt 147
Killer 121
ToSsGirL 97
Bisu 83
Mong 82
Shinee 68
sorry 4
[ Show more ]
Terrorterran 0
Dota 2
Gorgc1160
Counter-Strike
olofmeister730
shoxiejesuss614
byalli522
edward14
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King100
Other Games
gofns11404
summit1g7972
ceh9558
Happy269
dupreeh259
Sick211
crisheroes184
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 53
• killerbeecast8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1434
• Stunt429
Upcoming Events
OSC
14h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 1h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.