• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:52
CEST 20:52
KST 03:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10159 users

[Interview] 2013 WCS KR S3 CL Qualifier - Stork.

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Mintie
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia563 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-22 14:21:17
September 22 2013 14:03 GMT
#1
Stork - "Talking to iloveoov was a big help"

[image loading]

Source: Thisisgame

Stork has qualified for his first individual league since the final TVing Starleague of 2012. Stork was able to beat Woongjin’s Organ to qualify for WCS Season 3 Challenger league. This is Storks first individual league qualification whilst playing Starcraft 2.

Q. You’ve qualified for your first individual league in Starcraft 2.

A. Starcraft 2 has had a tumultuous atmosphere lately, and betwen that and the national holiday I’ve barely been able to practice. I had no expectations of making it through the qualifier, and I feel like I’ve surprised myself.

Q. This is your first qualification in 2 years for an individual league.

A. It’s been too long. I don’t know what to say.

Q. Why do you think you haven’t been able to show results?

A. I know people have that perception, but I think that my results have been good in their own way. That said, losing 11 straight after the introduction of HotS in to Proleague had a really strong impact on me. On top of that, with Jangbi and RorO playing so well it looked like I was playing poorly. I started to get less attention, and it took me a while to get used to getting pointed out in a way that I never experienced in BW.

Q. With the bad mood around Starcraft 2, there must have been some impact on you.

A. Every year, there are difficult events in e-sports. We’ve had fights over broadcast rights, match-fixing, the transition and the hybrid season. As time goes by, the importance of Starcraft 2 has fallen and the eSF players were able to go to foreign tournaments as part of their agreements. Because of this, many worried players decided to retire and it all came to a head at the end of this season. I thought a lot about retiring as well, but I thought that I would regret it like many of the other players who have done their military service, so I collected my thoughts.

Q. What are your goals for this tournament?

A. I think it’s meaningful that I’ve made it through the qualifiers. Actually, with the mood around Starcraft 2 being in such disarray, I don’t feel like I was in top form. When I was playing the Losers match, I bumped into SKT coach iloveoov. iloveoov said “I want you to come back and look like you did in the days where you’d beat me and then do a lap around the stadium”. Those words helped me. Coach Oh Sang Taeks advice was also a big help. I thought to myself that I had to do well, and I had a poisonous resolve to make it through the qualifier.

Q. Out of TaekBangLeeSsang, Jaedong stands out. Does this inspire you?

A. I went to read about it on the Internet, but I could only find articles about League of Legends. I don’t understand Korean tournaments that well, so I had no time to spend on foreign tournaments. I knew that my colleagues had gotten to the finals of foreign tournaments like Dreamhack, but it didn’t inspire me particularly.

Q. Who do you want to face in Challenger League?

A. To be honest, after transitioning to Starcraft 2 I was determined to not watch other player’s replays or VODs. Because of this, my play-style has become like the style of the foreigners. I won’t be dominated by any player in Challenger. I want to shake the perception that I’ve been withering in broadcast matches, which has been due to my poor play. Through competing in Challenger League, I hope to develop play that I satisfies me.

Q. Any Final Words?

A. If I win again, I will get the chance to do an interview. I will do everything to ensure victory.
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-22 14:06:37
September 22 2013 14:05 GMT
#2
Storkuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Edit: If he wins anything in SC2 I will name my child Daniel Storku
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
September 22 2013 14:05 GMT
#3
The comeback of Stork
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
illidanx
Profile Joined November 2011
United States973 Posts
September 22 2013 14:11 GMT
#4
stork :D
Die-hard KeSPA fan
Darkdwarf
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Sweden960 Posts
September 22 2013 14:11 GMT
#5
Interesting to see that he wears the KHAN shirt and not the Galaxy shirt. Perhaps the sc2 team is still called Samsung KHAN, then?
Teams: IM, Jin Air, Invictus || Players: Maru, GuMiho, INnoVation, Ryung, sOs, Squirtle, NaNiwa, Has, Zoun, Life, Rogue, Dark
NicksonReyes
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Philippines4431 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-22 14:14:43
September 22 2013 14:13 GMT
#6
It's not like Stork has to retire, I mean, he can play whatever he wants while being a starcraft pro He's probably playing both LoL and Dota 2 right now while still keeping up with the tablet games he's also pro at.
+ Show Spoiler +
and BW ofc.
"Start yo" -FlaSh
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
September 22 2013 14:18 GMT
#7
On September 22 2013 23:13 NicksonReyes wrote:
It's not like Stork has to retire, I mean, he can play whatever he wants while being a starcraft pro He's probably playing both LoL and Dota 2 right now while still keeping up with the tablet games he's also pro at.
+ Show Spoiler +
and BW ofc.


He's upgraded to tablets now? I thought he was cellphone game king
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
sacade
Profile Joined January 2013
166 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-22 14:19:54
September 22 2013 14:19 GMT
#8
"A. To be honest, after transitioning to Starcraft 2 I was determined to not watch other player’s replays or VODs. Because of this, my play-style has become like the style of the foreigners."


Not a good idea imo
NicksonReyes
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Philippines4431 Posts
September 22 2013 14:21 GMT
#9
On September 22 2013 23:18 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2013 23:13 NicksonReyes wrote:
It's not like Stork has to retire, I mean, he can play whatever he wants while being a starcraft pro He's probably playing both LoL and Dota 2 right now while still keeping up with the tablet games he's also pro at.
+ Show Spoiler +
and BW ofc.


He's upgraded to tablets now? I thought he was cellphone game king

Idk, I remember reading some article before about samsung giving all their players tablets tho. I assume he did.
"Start yo" -FlaSh
goody153
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
44309 Posts
September 22 2013 14:29 GMT
#10
On September 22 2013 23:05 lichter wrote:
Storkuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Edit: If he wins anything in SC2 I will name my child Daniel Storku

lol this made my day
this is a quote
itsdaniel
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Austria335 Posts
September 22 2013 14:33 GMT
#11
thank you!
OFFICIAL #1 STORK FAN // Stork:"This past week, there's a foreign fan named Daniel who got caught on the camera a few times. He came from Vienna in Austria to come and see me, and he wanted to be mentioned in one of my interviews."
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
September 22 2013 14:35 GMT
#12
On September 22 2013 23:19 sacade wrote:
"A. To be honest, after transitioning to Starcraft 2 I was determined to not watch other player’s replays or VODs. Because of this, my play-style has become like the style of the foreigners."


Not a good idea imo

Depends if you're a french zerg player it seems.
Sprouter
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1724 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-22 14:37:22
September 22 2013 14:37 GMT
#13
I thought a lot about retiring as well, but I thought that I would regret it like many of the other players who have done their military service, so I collected my thoughts.]
dang that's sad
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
September 22 2013 14:49 GMT
#14
On September 22 2013 23:11 Darkdwarf wrote:
Interesting to see that he wears the KHAN shirt and not the Galaxy shirt. Perhaps the sc2 team is still called Samsung KHAN, then?


Samsung Galaxy KHAN.
Commentator
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
September 22 2013 14:50 GMT
#15
Pretty interesting interview, glad that Stork is still determined to do well. I'd love to see his return after the departure of Jangbi and Bisu.
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9056 Posts
September 22 2013 14:59 GMT
#16
I hope he has absorbed JangBi's skills.
EJK
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
United States1302 Posts
September 22 2013 15:02 GMT
#17
stork doesnt watch player vods? O_O
Sc2 Terran Coach, top 16GM NA - interested in coaching? Message me on teamliquid!
itsdaniel
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Austria335 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-22 15:04:12
September 22 2013 15:03 GMT
#18
Just today I had such a funny dream about being able to be at the prelims at yongsan years ago and actually met many BW pros in it. Since I'm back from korea I haven't moved the pictures for an inch and it was the right decision, they are still at the very same place. I'm so glad that this finally happened at least, most positive message for a long time for me and I hope it can impact other fans in a positive way...so glad...!!
----
[image loading]
OFFICIAL #1 STORK FAN // Stork:"This past week, there's a foreign fan named Daniel who got caught on the camera a few times. He came from Vienna in Austria to come and see me, and he wanted to be mentioned in one of my interviews."
herMan
Profile Joined November 2010
Japan2057 Posts
September 22 2013 15:26 GMT
#19
I really hope this guy gets to code S. I wasn't around during broodwar but I just hate the amount of shit this guy gets from everybody. This is also a pretty unusual interview from a Korean, so much sass!
LockeTazeline
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
2390 Posts
September 22 2013 15:35 GMT
#20
Stork fighting! =D
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 675
ProTech131
UpATreeSC 127
JuggernautJason47
MindelVK 35
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30996
Calm 2996
Shuttle 814
firebathero 159
Mini 137
Dewaltoss 128
HiyA 32
Hyun 30
soO 28
Bale 24
[ Show more ]
NaDa 23
Aegong 21
PianO 18
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8013
XaKoH 303
Fuzer 159
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1600
fl0m1513
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu611
Other Games
FrodaN1428
Beastyqt790
ceh9589
B2W.Neo573
mouzStarbuck438
Livibee185
C9.Mang0127
ToD124
KnowMe110
Trikslyr85
RotterdaM84
Mew2King55
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 47
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki33
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur827
• imaqtpie826
• WagamamaTV234
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 23m
Replay Cast
4h 8m
OSC
1d 4h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 15h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.