• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:20
CEST 17:20
KST 00:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8029 users

Carnival Cruise Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
April 14 2013 12:19 GMT
#4
/in
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
April 16 2013 03:38 GMT
#7
/out
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 10 2013 23:01 GMT
#91
/in
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 12 2013 11:13 GMT
#125
/confirm
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 12 2013 11:53 GMT
#126
are we allowed to start posting?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 12 2013 18:30 GMT
#141
Ok. Cool.

I am a Wall street Investor. Which is a self aware miller.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 12 2013 18:38 GMT
#145
On May 13 2013 03:35 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2013 03:30 DarthPunk wrote:
Ok. Cool.

I am a Wall street Investor. Which is a self aware miller.

are you sure?


Yes. I read my role PM i am a self aware miller so I am claiming straight up.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 12 2013 20:00 GMT
#178
I believe it was optimal for me to claim and prevent cops potentially wasting a check on me when I can just claim and then you all can discuss in the thread what to do. Information denial only assists mafia.

I understand that there are different schools of thought about claiming miller. But I am of the school that believes it is optimal to claim miller straight away and then get vigged or something worst case scenario rather than getting checked, wasting that check, going 'oh yeah I'm a miller guise don't lynch me' and then wasting a mislynch.

Also it is incredibly unlikely that I as scum decided to fake claim immediately N0 for literally no reason. I am good at playing scum and frankly don't need to resort to cheesy shit like that.

They only way I would claim miller like this was if I was, in fact, a miller and therefore town.

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 12 2013 20:03 GMT
#182
On May 13 2013 04:40 ObviousOne wrote:
We have a miller claim. He is either:

Miller and will show up red
Mafia and will show up red
Or
Godfather or gaming with a framer role as mafia to bait a check

So potential cop(s) has one less person to check and a potential parity cop(s) knows to steer clear.

Ergo, as I said, analysis will be your salvation.


So. Are you just saying nothing here while trying to say something. What, exactly does this add to the discussion?

How does listing all the potential 'scenarios' with my claim and then saying they are all irrelevant contribute to the analysis which will 'save' us?

And I don't even know what you are saying with the last bit?

I would claim miller as godfather when i would come back green? Ridiculous.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 12 2013 20:12 GMT
#190
On May 13 2013 05:03 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2013 05:00 DarthPunk wrote:
I believe it was optimal for me to claim and prevent cops potentially wasting a check on me when I can just claim and then you all can discuss in the thread what to do. Information denial only assists mafia.

I understand that there are different schools of thought about claiming miller. But I am of the school that believes it is optimal to claim miller straight away and then get vigged or something worst case scenario rather than getting checked, wasting that check, going 'oh yeah I'm a miller guise don't lynch me' and then wasting a mislynch.

Also it is incredibly unlikely that I as scum decided to fake claim immediately N0 for literally no reason. I am good at playing scum and frankly don't need to resort to cheesy shit like that.

They only way I would claim miller like this was if I was, in fact, a miller and therefore town.



So you're against us wasting a check and then possible lynch on you but you're ok with us using a vigi on you? is that what you're saying?

Show nested quote +
Also it is incredibly unlikely that I as scum decided to fake claim immediately N0 for literally no reason. I am good at playing scum and frankly don't need to resort to cheesy shit like that.


that's a wine in front of me thing isn't it (i forgot that acronym...)


Getting vigged is a worse case scenario and is better than a mislynch from a blown cop check. Obviously.

It is WIFOM but it is also correct.

How likely do you think it would be that on the first day I, as scum, would paint a giant target on my head for literally no reason in order to hopefully get a fake claim through? I don't need to do that. I am good at playing scum. It would be terrible scum play.

On May 13 2013 05:02 Vivax wrote:
Any conclusions from the reactions to your miller claim brah?


I think people trying to read anything scummy into it are either scummy or bad TBH.
I would actually agree with obvious on it if he didn't use so much fluff in his post. It should be null at worst. Don't waste a check and judge me on my contributions.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 12 2013 20:23 GMT
#193
On May 13 2013 05:14 shirokami wrote:
actually I have won as scum with stupid early fakeclaim. but well who knows, im just a noob


Was that in a newbie? Shit like that only works in newbies generally and as scum it is never worth it to try and pull something so risky so early. Especially when the risk (huge target early N0) is not commensurate with the payoff (don't die to a cop check which i am never afraid of anyway as scum)

Literally the logic behind claiming a miller as town is more solid than claiming as scum

As town you don't care about being a big target because it promotes discussion and is pro town. As town you don't want to be wasting checks but more importantly you don't want to be mislynched.

As scum the better play is to not get checked, because the absolute LAST thing you want is to be a target early. I could easily have played as to not get checked as miller, but it was clearly better for town as a whole to claim for the aforementioned reasons.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 12 2013 20:25 GMT
#194
On May 13 2013 05:18 ObviousOne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2013 05:12 DarthPunk wrote:
On May 13 2013 05:03 chaoser wrote:
On May 13 2013 05:00 DarthPunk wrote:
I believe it was optimal for me to claim and prevent cops potentially wasting a check on me when I can just claim and then you all can discuss in the thread what to do. Information denial only assists mafia.

I understand that there are different schools of thought about claiming miller. But I am of the school that believes it is optimal to claim miller straight away and then get vigged or something worst case scenario rather than getting checked, wasting that check, going 'oh yeah I'm a miller guise don't lynch me' and then wasting a mislynch.

Also it is incredibly unlikely that I as scum decided to fake claim immediately N0 for literally no reason. I am good at playing scum and frankly don't need to resort to cheesy shit like that.

They only way I would claim miller like this was if I was, in fact, a miller and therefore town.



So you're against us wasting a check and then possible lynch on you but you're ok with us using a vigi on you? is that what you're saying?

Also it is incredibly unlikely that I as scum decided to fake claim immediately N0 for literally no reason. I am good at playing scum and frankly don't need to resort to cheesy shit like that.


that's a wine in front of me thing isn't it (i forgot that acronym...)


Getting vigged is a worse case scenario and is better than a mislynch from a blown cop check. Obviously.

It is WIFOM but it is also correct.

How likely do you think it would be that on the first day I, as scum, would paint a giant target on my head for literally no reason in order to hopefully get a fake claim through? I don't need to do that. I am good at playing scum. It would be terrible scum play.

On May 13 2013 05:02 Vivax wrote:
Any conclusions from the reactions to your miller claim brah?


I think people trying to read anything scummy into it are either scummy or bad TBH.
I would actually agree with obvious on it if he didn't use so much fluff in his post. It should be null at worst. Don't waste a check and judge me on my contributions.

I'm legitimately sorry that you don't like how I write. I have my past games in my profile if you would like to sample how I write as town (it's actually quite drastically different from my scum play which sucks for next time I roll scum). Please feel free to check specifically into LXI (for your own knowledge, ongoing game) and RED Team's Prize for more recent examples of how my town play goes. How did Keirathi put it? "It's just OO being OO." (paraphrased from memory).


My not liking the fluff in your post is literally the least important thing in that post. I don't get why you are being so defensive either.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 12 2013 20:29 GMT
#197
On May 13 2013 05:26 shirokami wrote:
@DP
nah it was some other forum game.


Well stupid early fakeclims are still stupid and unnecessary.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 12 2013 20:33 GMT
#201
On May 13 2013 05:31 ObviousOne wrote:
You say defensive. I say proactive.


So you are proactively defending yourself before anyone really attacks you. Seems like intrinsic guilt to me.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 12 2013 20:41 GMT
#211
On May 13 2013 05:32 Promethelax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2013 04:14 prplhz wrote:
@HiroPro Self-aware millers should generally always claim as first thing d1 (n0) so we don't have Cops checking into people we know will show scum and so we don't allow scum the excuse of "Oh, but I'm a miller" if we get a guilty check on them.

@ObviousOne Are you serious?


It is optimal to claim self aware miller in a set up with known rolls or something like C9++ where it is known how roles are determined. In a closed set-up self aware millers can or cannot claim but a miller claim is a point against someone not for them.

I would argue with DP though on the possibility of him claiming miller as scum. Miller is an easy role to claim as scum specifically in a closed set-up and while DP is a good scum player I still find it quite possible he would fake claim the miller role, there is at least one example of scum fake claiming it on this forum (marv in Normal IV) and that was a good mafia player whose fake claim helped his team quite a bit.

For the moment DP is an excellent day one policy lynch based on the claim alone in a vacuum I'd say he is more likely scum than town but we have time to figure it out so I'm not too fussed.

If anyone claims miller at any point after n0 we should auto-lynch them, if scum wants to fake claim it they had better do it today (or have already done it today).


That is actually true that miller is an auto town claim in C9++ or other open set ups but it is still a good town play to claim straight away in my opinion and others.

I am not an excellent policy lynch though, I am a bad lynch period. If you want to kill me use a vig shot. Otherwise wait a while and see. Lynching me straight up is just silly.

And I would never claim anything day one as scum, let alone somethign as batshit crazy to claim as miller in a closed setup. I might crumb something. My one and only fake claim was basically forced out of me AFTER I crumbed it and AFTER everyone mass claimed and were pressuring me to follow suit.

like just apply some thought to claiming miller this early as scum in a game which most likely contains vigilantes there is no follow up or promotion of a mafia agenda by doing this. it is plain suicide.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 12 2013 20:45 GMT
#215
On May 13 2013 05:38 WaveofShadow wrote:
Only think I don't like about your claim is why N0, DP?
You're calling for us to waste a vigi shot that could be put to possible better use later on in the game.


you don't have to shoot now.... Like obviously I don't want to die. I would RATHER be vigged than lynched though. if it comes to that. Hopefully you can all read my alignment by all the posts I am making clearly outlining the reasons behind my actions.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 12 2013 20:53 GMT
#220
On May 13 2013 05:48 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2013 05:45 DarthPunk wrote:
On May 13 2013 05:38 WaveofShadow wrote:
Only think I don't like about your claim is why N0, DP?
You're calling for us to waste a vigi shot that could be put to possible better use later on in the game.


you don't have to shoot now.... Like obviously I don't want to die. I would RATHER be vigged than lynched though. if it comes to that. Hopefully you can all read my alignment by all the posts I am making clearly outlining the reasons behind my actions.

How about you stop defending your sole action and start scumhunting instead?


Ah LOL? I just claimed miller and am copping a ton of heat for it obviously. I don't want to get vigged so I am trying to be very clear about why i did what i did. I am trying to establish my innocence. Also half the thread haven't posted yet and you have absolutely fuck all in your filter so why don't you worry about yourself and i'll worry about myself ok?

Also telling someone who is already active and posting to start scum hunting doesn't count as scum hunting either
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 12 2013 20:54 GMT
#222
On May 13 2013 05:52 HiroPro wrote:
obviousone smells bad. I wouldn't mind killing him either.

The post where he backtracks on DarthPunk and says "oh, he's suspicious since he's not here right now" seems out of place and looks more like a post from mafia trying to play both sides of the argument. also, if he doesn't put a lot of stock in early claims, why does he even care that darthpunk isn't around after claiming?


Yeah i tend to agree that obvious looks like the scummiest in the thread right now. But he could just be bad/new so I want to wait and see if he actually says anything useful.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 12 2013 20:55 GMT
#225
On May 13 2013 05:53 ObviousOne wrote:
I do not smell bad. I took a shower last night. And shame on you for sniffing me in public.


For your own sake stop posting stuff like this and try and post something meaningful.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 12 2013 21:00 GMT
#227
On May 13 2013 05:55 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2013 05:48 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On May 13 2013 05:45 DarthPunk wrote:
On May 13 2013 05:38 WaveofShadow wrote:
Only think I don't like about your claim is why N0, DP?
You're calling for us to waste a vigi shot that could be put to possible better use later on in the game.


you don't have to shoot now.... Like obviously I don't want to die. I would RATHER be vigged than lynched though. if it comes to that. Hopefully you can all read my alignment by all the posts I am making clearly outlining the reasons behind my actions.

How about you stop defending your sole action and start scumhunting instead?


that's a ridiculous statement to make...


I know right? Especially when he has done nothing all game, posts that and then fucks off.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1022
ComeBackTV 926
SteadfastSC814
TaKeTV 550
IndyStarCraft 170
Rex159
EnkiAlexander 86
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 814
IndyStarCraft 170
Rex 159
ProTech136
BRAT_OK 22
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46756
Bisu 2173
Horang2 1176
EffOrt 995
Hyuk 788
Soma 607
Shuttle 564
BeSt 527
Mini 481
Light 428
[ Show more ]
Larva 345
ZerO 194
Rush 191
Leta 84
firebathero 80
Mong 72
Sea.KH 69
910 55
Snow 55
Sexy 51
Pusan 49
ToSsGirL 35
Yoon 28
Liquid`Ret 28
Trap 27
JYJ 25
Bale 25
Aegong 24
Terrorterran 21
Shine 19
Rock 18
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
Gorgc8065
qojqva1435
Counter-Strike
Fnx 801
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1707
Khaldor1151
Lowko477
Other Games
singsing2263
hiko1172
Beastyqt572
B2W.Neo411
Livibee203
Hui .182
Liquid`VortiX137
ArmadaUGS127
XaKoH 126
KnowMe110
Mew2King83
QueenE75
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV207
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 28
• mYiSmile111
• Gemini_19 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 41
• Michael_bg 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3355
Other Games
• Shiphtur272
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 40m
CranKy Ducklings
18h 40m
Online Event
19h 40m
FEL
1d
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.