• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:36
CEST 16:36
KST 23:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)46Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9125 users

Introversion Awareness

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 22 23 24 Next All
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-22 15:43:41
December 20 2012 23:56 GMT
#1
--- Nuked ---
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
December 20 2012 23:56 GMT
#2
--- Nuked ---
decado90
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States480 Posts
December 20 2012 23:58 GMT
#3
I'm an introvert and basically every 'myth' applies to me O_o
"Be formless like water"- Bruce Lee
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-21 00:09:28
December 21 2012 00:01 GMT
#4
--- Nuked ---
SnipedSoul
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2158 Posts
December 21 2012 00:05 GMT
#5
Being introverted is cool. I know some people whose lives come to an end when they have nowhere to go on a Friday.

I appreciate the effort you put into making that ginormous post. Anything to increase awareness would be cool. I'm tired of people thinking that introverts are psychotic time bombs waiting to go off.
wooozy
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
3813 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-21 00:11:33
December 21 2012 00:06 GMT
#6
On December 21 2012 09:01 Barrin wrote:
Could you elaborate on what you mean by myth?


i assume the 10 myths listed in the OP...?

as an introvert myself, i'd say those describe me pretty accurately as well. long, but nice read

On December 21 2012 09:05 SnipedSoul wrote:
Being introverted is cool. I know some people whose lives come to an end when they have nowhere to go on a Friday.

I appreciate the effort you put into making that ginormous post. Anything to increase awareness would be cool. I'm tired of people thinking that introverts are psychotic time bombs waiting to go off.


haha, i remember in my AP psych class in high school, my teacher said (sort of jokingly, but i sensed a hint of seriousness) that i'd wind up being a serial killer or something along those lines 'cause i'd always just sit in the corner not talking to anyone and just doing my own thing. not sure if i should've been insulted or not
jdseemoreglass
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3773 Posts
December 21 2012 00:06 GMT
#7
INTJ/P high five Barrin. Nice long write up, I think I'm going to enjoy reading this.

Not so sure about the myths though. I do dislike most people for one thing
"If you want this forum to be full of half-baked philosophy discussions between pompous faggots like yourself forever, stay the course captain vanilla" - FakeSteve[TPR], 2006
CrispyTender
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada166 Posts
December 21 2012 00:09 GMT
#8
I'm an INFP/INFJ, always like promoting introverts! thanks for the read
iKill
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Denmark861 Posts
December 21 2012 00:10 GMT
#9
Well I'm an ENTJ and I feel singled out here.
thepuppyassassin: "My god... the deathball's grown wings!"
BluePanther
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2776 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-21 00:11:08
December 21 2012 00:10 GMT
#10
I'm very introverted (a very strong INTP), but I've also learned that if you aren't social you won't excel in life. You need to be extroverted at times to accomplish great things. You can be content as an introvert, but learning how to be extroverted when the situation calls for it is very important.
Eppa!
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden4641 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-21 00:11:51
December 21 2012 00:11 GMT
#11
I have a lot of friends, i like small talk and I am comfy in groups. I am introverted according to every test i take.

Chef and Architect are very social jobs.
"Can't wait till Monday" Cixah+Waveofshadow. "Needs to be monday. Weekend please go by quickly." Gahlo
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
December 21 2012 00:13 GMT
#12
--- Nuked ---
BluePanther
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2776 Posts
December 21 2012 00:21 GMT
#13
ps, i would never put teacher down as an introvert. a professor, sure, but not a teacher.
Livelovedie
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States492 Posts
December 21 2012 00:22 GMT
#14
I'm an INTJ, not surprised though I wish it was different.
Larkin
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United Kingdom7161 Posts
December 21 2012 00:24 GMT
#15
ENTJ here, I think a lot of this stuff is generalised bullshit... you can't just group people into these broad categories, people have a variety of introverted and extroverted qualities.
https://www.twitch.tv/ttalarkin - streams random stuff, high level teamleague, maybe even heroleague
PolskaGora
Profile Joined May 2011
United States547 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-21 00:25:54
December 21 2012 00:24 GMT
#16
Proud INFJ here, but I don't really have a problem expressing myself since I'm studying engineering right now and so most of my friends are also introverts so we understand each other. However I always find myself becoming nervous when I have to make a phone call and deal with strangers
Tracking treasure down
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-21 00:32:56
December 21 2012 00:28 GMT
#17
--- Nuked ---
Belisarius
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia6233 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-21 00:34:53
December 21 2012 00:34 GMT
#18
I'm sorry, I had to laugh at "almost a quarter century of experience being an introvert".

There was a poll a while ago that asked for the Myers-Briggs types. Something like 90% of TL turned out to be INTP/INTJ, which I found both surprising and apt.

I'd take any of those personality things with a grain of salt, though. People are complicated, and it's easy to go a bit far in identifying yourself as "an introvert" and intentionally letting that rule your life. I also don't agree with a lot of the job things.
My_Fake_Plastic_Luv
Profile Joined March 2010
United States257 Posts
December 21 2012 00:34 GMT
#19
What if I'm really shy thus statistically matching me with introverts. Yet in my bleeding tender heart I believe I'm really an extrovert. Am I being delusional; should I suffocated this line of thinking with a mattress?
Its going to be a glorious day, I feel my luck could change
Myles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5162 Posts
December 21 2012 00:35 GMT
#20
On December 21 2012 09:28 Barrin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2012 09:24 Larkin wrote:
ENTJ here, I think a lot of this stuff is generalised bullshit... you can't just group people into these broad categories, people have a variety of introverted and extroverted qualities.

I did try to convey that where possible. I'll pick out all the parts where I do if you'd like (when I listed Lady Gagy as an introvert I thought this mix of qualities was crystal clear). Keep in mind I didn't make most of this stuff, I'm just presenting it.

I've seen these type tests in the past that give you a percentage of what you are rather than a absolute type. I'm certainly an introvert(always score like 75% on that) but the others would be a lot more moderate(~60%).
Moderator
1 2 3 4 5 22 23 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1329
ComeBackTV 535
SteadfastSC472
TaKeTV 438
LamboSC2290
IndyStarCraft 147
Rex143
EnkiAlexander 51
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 472
LamboSC2 290
IndyStarCraft 147
Rex 143
ProTech136
BRAT_OK 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37747
Shuttle 2531
Horang2 913
EffOrt 888
Light 840
Mini 785
Soma 395
BeSt 330
Stork 320
firebathero 304
[ Show more ]
Rush 266
Hyuk 257
Snow 217
ZerO 213
ggaemo 155
Leta 100
Pusan 85
hero 77
Killer 70
Sea.KH 59
Sharp 51
sorry 40
Mind 34
Shinee 34
Shine 30
Bale 29
ToSsGirL 29
Mong 26
Aegong 24
Yoon 24
soO 23
Trap 23
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 22
Free 16
NotJumperer 13
Sacsri 11
JulyZerg 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
zelot 7
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8670
Dendi915
qojqva818
Fuzer 159
420jenkins138
Counter-Strike
markeloff195
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2223
crisheroes1415
XaKoH 176
Other Games
singsing2198
B2W.Neo905
Hui .190
Liquid`VortiX189
ArmadaUGS152
Mew2King103
QueenE91
Railgan20
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream95
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Gemini_19 10
• mYiSmile18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• HerbMon 1
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2101
League of Legends
• Nemesis2603
• Jankos2314
• TFBlade877
Other Games
• WagamamaTV185
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 24m
Stellar Fest
22h 24m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.