• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:22
CEST 04:22
KST 11:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5898 users

Bronze-Gold Teamleague

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
RainSunShowers
Profile Joined August 2011
Norway152 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-07 21:22:37
March 29 2012 16:14 GMT
#1
The new thread
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=327149


Founder of CTL http://choboteamleague.enjin.com/home
BlazeTSR
Profile Joined November 2011
United States218 Posts
March 29 2012 16:18 GMT
#2
So I'm the guy who posted no.... But it was an accident! You try clicking yes on a small screened cell phone.
Fan of ........... Protoss: Hero, iNcontroL, Nony Zerg: CatZ and Sheth Terran: Demuslim
Reedjr
Profile Joined April 2011
United States228 Posts
March 29 2012 16:35 GMT
#3
I could get behind this. I have (some) time, but my organizational skills are fairly lackluster... I'm still willing to help though. Let's get started by, for those interested, posting the following.

Character code
League
Race

Once we have gauged support we can figure out how many teams we can put together. I will assume everyone has the time/effort to put into being a team captain, so if you don't want that pressure, say "I don't want to be a captain" anywhere in your post. I don't think this will be a particularly time consuming position, but I do want to be able to say "I told you so" at a later date. Conversely, if you do want to be a captain, give a reason or two why: "I have awesome team naming abilities" or "I think I'm better other people and would vaguely like to prove that on the internet."

EmoMcHipster 640
Gold
Protoss
LosZergs
Profile Joined August 2011
United States100 Posts
March 29 2012 16:49 GMT
#4
I'm so down. LosZergs 865. Silver. Protoss.
spam F!
Zrana
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United Kingdom698 Posts
March 29 2012 16:53 GMT
#5
I tried to make a league like this work, but the problem is that bronze-gold people are that league because they hardly ever play / dont really care that much about the game. So this gives you problems with organisation as you can never rely on people showing up.
sLBoGoRoH
Profile Joined January 2012
Netherlands126 Posts
March 29 2012 16:59 GMT
#6
Team Solace has a few gold players always willing to do team matches
howLiN
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Portugal1676 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-29 17:42:53
March 29 2012 17:41 GMT
#7
I'd love this, down to the fake logos and stuff :D I'd do logos for every team!
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
March 29 2012 18:05 GMT
#8
Please include a clarification on the difference between, say, "Bo7" and "Bo7+Ace".

I assumed "Bo7+Ace" means Bo7 in which the last (7th) game is Ace, so the team may elect one of the previously played members to fight again. That usually makes it so that the Ace is truly epic, facing often the best of each of the two teams against each other.
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
Diplomat
Profile Joined January 2011
United States45 Posts
March 29 2012 18:24 GMT
#9
In a league where the skill can range from Bronze to Gold. I would push for a pro-league format. That way more players can have a chance to play. It also allows the competition being more focused on what team is better instead of who has the best player.
PeanutsNJam
Profile Joined April 2011
United States175 Posts
March 29 2012 18:29 GMT
#10
Yeah I think it's important to keep in mind the vast range of skill. I think a gold player can beat a bronzie 99% of the time, so it's like having stephano and a NA high masters/GM in the same tourney.
Ballnazor
Profile Joined January 2012
Sweden22 Posts
March 29 2012 18:41 GMT
#11
Would be nice, if you get something going Mujaheddin eSports would sign up
RainSunShowers
Profile Joined August 2011
Norway152 Posts
March 29 2012 18:55 GMT
#12
If it were in proleague format, maybe first map bronze players, then silver and so on so a team doesent get stomped because one team have some top gold players, or that both teams must atleast use one player from each league.
Founder of CTL http://choboteamleague.enjin.com/home
Reedjr
Profile Joined April 2011
United States228 Posts
March 29 2012 19:56 GMT
#13
People voting yes: put your info in! Or PM it to me! Pretty please?

As far as format, I prefer all-kill. It's really hard to say what the skill gap is going to be quite yet, but I just feel that format provides for more excitement. Sure, your bronzie might get taken out 9 times out of 10 he goes against a goldie, but that one time he pulls it out will be amazing.

But before we can define that, we need players, so we can figure out how many/how big teams are. I think the goal right now should be 8 teams of 5 players, with a league based draft (teams must draft one player from each league before they can draft another from the same league).
darthdiddy
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3 Posts
March 30 2012 04:26 GMT
#14
I would be totally willing to help out in getting something like this off the ground in any way that I can. I'm fairly busy with school and work until summer hits then I'm free for starcraft all day er'day. I'm not the best at organizing things but I'm willing to help out.

anglosaxon 172
silver (hopefully gold before season 7 :D)
protoss.
Furtz
freakhill
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Japan463 Posts
March 30 2012 06:46 GMT
#15
freakhill.263
gold
random
moo ForGG, Dragon, MVP, Gumiho, DRG, PartinG, Life]0[!
pure7anarchy
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2 Posts
March 30 2012 07:23 GMT
#16
I'm down!

Anarchy
Bronze
Zerg!
feanor1
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1899 Posts
March 30 2012 07:37 GMT
#17
Bronze to gold is to big. I think Bronze-Silver and Gold-Plat. If you do the pro league style this could partially be avoided, but still a pretty large range
milodon
Profile Joined January 2012
Chile42 Posts
March 30 2012 11:38 GMT
#18
Sign me up!
Bennett.614 , Us server
Silver league
Terran
Ollie
Profile Joined October 2011
United States144 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-30 21:17:11
March 30 2012 15:22 GMT
#19
Sign me up too!
I'll edit this post with my information once I get home.

Juno (739)
Gold
Zerg
Oz | HerO | Creator | Stork | DRG | Soulkey | Jaedong | Sniper | Byun | TaeJa | Fantasy
PeanutsNJam
Profile Joined April 2011
United States175 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-30 15:49:56
March 30 2012 15:48 GMT
#20
People who voted for all-kill:

High gold players
Silver/bronze players who think they're actually good enough to be in high gold, but are kept down by micro/cheese

For the sake of esports, do pro league man.

Also, look into anti-smurfing stuff, like keeping an eye out for similar hotkey/apm.
1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings102
davetesta35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft314
ByuN 277
RuFF_SC2 137
ViBE97
CosmosSc2 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2340
GuemChi 1386
Artosis 638
Sharp 163
910 61
Bale 18
MaD[AoV]17
Dota 2
monkeys_forever424
LuMiX2
Counter-Strike
taco 673
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox803
Other Games
summit1g8816
Day[9].tv781
JimRising 616
C9.Mang0389
Trikslyr31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick782
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP52
• EnkiAlexander 46
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv781
• Shiphtur563
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
13h 39m
The PondCast
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 19h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.