• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:19
CEST 08:19
KST 15:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8869 users

[int]Interview with the Winner of AOL (translated)

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
dearyuna
Profile Joined December 2011
United States322 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-05 16:55:35
January 05 2012 16:52 GMT
#1
+ Show Spoiler +

[AOL] Park Soo Ho (MVPDongRaeGu) “My goal is to win at least 300 million won (~259k U.S. Dollars) in 2012.”

“The competition is at a whole new level lately.”
original link
Original Writer: Castor
Translated by dearyuna / @dearyuna

[image loading]


Park Soo Ho (DongRaeGu of MVP) has earned the ultimate title of “King of Kong.”
In the finals of “Arena of Legends – the King of Kongs,” which took place on January 5th on Battlenet, DRG defeated LosirA of IM 4:1.

You were selected to be the King of Kong.

First, I’m really happy. However, I’m the champion of this specific event, and I’m still part of the Kong line, so I’m still worried about some things. For example, I think I’m going to receive a lot of banter about being a still being a Kong.

You won 4:1, with one loss in the second set. What was the reason behind your second set loss?
In order to end the match quickly, I decided to take a risk by abandoning my original plan and winging it. However, I suffered a really big disadvantage. I should’ve just stuck to my original strategy. After my second set defeat, I decided to stick to set strategies, which helped me win.

You won 2.2 million won (~1920 U.S. dollars). How will you use this money?
I haven’t really thought of anything yet. I think I’m going to treat my friends out to food for the New Year.

What will be your ticket to exiting the Kong line?

I think I’ll be able to escape if I win this Code S season. Even if I don’t win this season, if I win during the overall GSL season I’ll be okay. If I can’t win, I’m guessing that my backup plan is to at least avoid being a runner-up? In comparison to being a runner-up, I’d rather lose during the round of 32 or the round of 16. [laughs].

When do you think you’ll end your relationship with the rest of the Kong line?

I’m enjoying the competition lately, and I’ve had a good season kick-off, so I believe if I continue the way I’m performing now, I will be able to escape from the Kong line.

You’re starting off the new year with a win. We think it’s a good sign.

Either way, the first tournament of the year is over; because of the win under my belt, I feel as though I’ll be able to continue winning for the rest of the year. I feel like the competition is at a whole new level and has stepped up.
I get admired even when I was my own match VOD. I was satisfied with the strategies I used, with exception to that one match. I believe my skills have improved. Not only me, but our whole team has steadily been on the rise.

You’re in the same group with three of your team mates for the Code S round of 32.

I’m not happy with it. If there were only two people from our team, we’d both be able to advance. Because there are three people, the fact that there must be one person who disqualifies hurts me. I think I’ll be able to advance, so I believe Genius and sC will have to work something out so that one of them advances.

How did you plan out your new year?

Instead of counting my wins or titles, I decided to set a goal in term of prize winnings. I decided to set a goal for 300 million won (~259k U.S. dollars). I hope to earn that much through GSL and other foreign competitions. It seems like a lot, but I’ve decided to be greedy.

Please send a New Years message to your fans.

Happy New Years to my fan, and I hope you guys can all achieve your desired resolutions.


+ Show Spoiler +


[AOL]박수호, “2012년 상금 3억원 획득이 목표”
“요즘 내 경기력은 내가 봐도 물이 올랐다”
카스토르 (심현 기자)
동래구 박수호(MVP)가 콩라인 최강에 등극하며 ‘킹 오브 콩’의 영예를 안았다.

5일 배틀넷으로 진행된 ‘아레나 오브 레전드 - 더 킹 오브 콩’ 결승전에서 박수호는 맹독왕 황강호(IM)를 4:1로 물리쳤다.

킹 오브 콩에 선정됐다.

일단 우승은 기쁘다. 그런데 이벤트 대회 우승이라 여전히 콩라인인 것 같아서 걱정되는 부분도 없잖아 있다. 계속 콩 라인이라고 놀림을 당할까 그것이 걱정이다.

2세트에서만 패했을 뿐 4:1로 승리를 거뒀다. 2세트 패배 원인은?

경기를 빨리 끝내려고 운영을 포기하고 승부를 걸었다. 그런데 막히면서 불리해졌다. 그냥 생각한대로 할 걸 그랬다. 2세트 패배 이후에 남은 경기에서는 운영을 선택해서 이겼다.

우승 상금 222만원을 차지했다. 어디에 쓸 생각인가?

특별히 생각한 것은 없다. 새해에 애들하고 맛있는 것 사먹을 생각이다.

본인이 생각하는 콩라인 탈출 조건은 무엇인가?

그냥 이번 시즌 코드S에서 우승하면 탈출한다. 이번 시즌이 아니더라도 GSL 정규시즌에서 우승하면 될 것 같다. 만약 우승을 못하게 된다면 준우승을 하지 않는 것이 방법이 아닐까? 준우승할 바에야 32강이나 16강에서 떨어지는 것이 낫다(웃음).

콩라인과의 인연은 언제 끊을 것 같나?

최근 경기력도 마음에 들고 출발도 좋아서 하던 대로 하면 콩라인은 탈출할 것 같다.

새해 첫 출발이 우승이다. 조짐이 좋다고 생각하는데.

어쨌든 새해 첫 대회를 치렀고, 우승이라는 성적을 거뒀기 때문에 올해 계속 좋은 성적 거둘 것 같다. 요즘 내 경기력이 내가 봐도 물이 오른 것 같다.
내가 내 경기 VOD를 봐도 감탄이 나온다. 승부를 걸거나 전략적으로 한 경기를 빼고 운영 싸움한 것은 다 마음에 든다. 실력이 많이 향상된 것 같다. 나 뿐 아니라 우리 팀 경기력이 전반적으로 상승세다. 그래서 팀 내부 평가전하면 5할 정도 밖에 안 나온다.

코드S 32강에서는 팀 동료 3명과 같은 조다.

마음에 안 든다. 2명만 있었더라면 동반 진출인데 3명이라서 무조건 1명은 떨어져야 한다는 사실이 가슴 아프다. 일단 나는 올라가야 할 것 같고, (정)민수하고 (김)승철이는 알아서 둘 중에 한 명이 올라올 것이라고 생각한다.

새해 계획인 어떻게 잡았나?

우승 횟수나 타이틀보다 상금으로 목표를 잡았다. 올해 상금 3억원 획득이 목표다. GSL이랑 해외대회랑 모두 합해서 그 정도는 벌고 싶다. 조금 많지만 욕심을 부렸다.

마지막으로 팬들에게 새해 인사 전해달라.

팬 여러분들 새해 복 많이 받으시고, 원하시는 목표 모두 이루시길 바란다.
@dearyuna Team SCV Life <3
parazice
Profile Joined March 2011
Thailand5517 Posts
January 05 2012 16:59 GMT
#2
hhhm thx but why post in Tournament ?
dearyuna
Profile Joined December 2011
United States322 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-05 17:02:48
January 05 2012 17:01 GMT
#3
Referenced to tournament. My bad, someone can move it if they want to.
@dearyuna Team SCV Life <3
aintz
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada5624 Posts
January 05 2012 17:13 GMT
#4
“My goal is to win at least 300 million won (~259k U.S. Dollars) in 2012.”
lololol
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 05 2012 17:21 GMT
#5
Great stuff @_@ I love him (wont say who haha)
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
GoSuChicken
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany1726 Posts
January 05 2012 17:31 GMT
#6
haha, wtf is DRG eating for 2000 dollar? :D
Paulo
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands15 Posts
January 05 2012 17:43 GMT
#7
haha DRG is so awesome. I bet he will get all that money next year.
KiLL_ORdeR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States1518 Posts
January 05 2012 17:46 GMT
#8
This is all well and good, but shouldn't we be interviewing LosirA? He got second in the King of Konf tournament, so I think that clearly makes him the winner, amirite?
In order to move forward, we must rid ourselves of that which holds us back. Check out my stream and give me tips! twitch.tv/intotheskyy
Yaki
Profile Joined April 2011
France4234 Posts
January 05 2012 17:49 GMT
#9
drg looks like a real baller in dat pic
MC ■ MarineKing ■ LosirA ■ To someone who has lost after trying his best, no words from the winner can console him.
Meth
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Canada396 Posts
January 05 2012 21:59 GMT
#10
DRG is a fucking BEAST. Congrats to him and his win. I hope he makes more than what he plans to achieve for 2012.


GOGOGOGO DRG!
Brood War for life
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 190
ProTech134
Nina 88
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 211
Dewaltoss 108
Bale 36
ZergMaN 23
Noble 17
sSak 16
Icarus 6
NotJumperer 1
League of Legends
JimRising 707
Other Games
summit1g11308
Sick189
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick865
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 37
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2192
League of Legends
• Rush1234
• Lourlo1118
• Stunt242
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 41m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4h 41m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 41m
Replay Cast
16h 41m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 4h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.