• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:58
CEST 11:58
KST 18:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12129 users

Blizzcup Group A Winners Interviews

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
CP-Jun
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia278 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 14:00:30
December 12 2011 13:14 GMT
#1
The first interview

+ Show Spoiler +

MVP.DRG
[image loading]

Q: You advanced into the semi-finals with the first place in the group.

I feel really really good. I will be able to get into the finals if I win a series in the semi-finals. I wanted to play in the finals in a big event and I finally got my chance. I won't miss-out on it and will get into the finals.

Q : You turned the game around against MVP and won.

(As he gets surprised) A come back? Was I really that behind? I didn't think I was behind at all throughout the whole game. I didn't lose anything from the Hellion rush. I lost my third hatchery but I killed all his hellions and also killed a command centre, from that point I thought I couldn't lose.

Q : You could have also taken a game against Stephano

I over-extended too much. I expected him to take a hatchery at the natural and used a build against it. I spent too many Zerglings trying to destroy his Spine Crawlers and that made me lose.

Q : How do you feel about Stephano after playing against him?

I think he is a good player but his style is rather simple. His opponent can easily make a counter build-order against him. If players face Stephano bit more and take time to analyse his style, he should be a comfortable opponent. But his mechanics are solid.

Q : In the last game, if you would win you would come out as the first but if you lost you would be disqualified.

When I found about that before the game, I started a mind-game to MC. But MC didn't fall for any of that and didn't intend to lose at all. He played so hard I thought I was going to lose. I was thinking about getting him a nice dinner but that was a mistake.

Q : Who do you think your opponent would be? You could meet MC again.

I think Nestea and Leenock should come out from Group B as the 1st and 2nd. Whoever it might be, whether it's MC or ZvZ it will be a hard game. I wish to play a Terran player but the map pools disfavour Terrans so I doubt it.

Q : You really haven't made made a clear result from GSL except for winning IEM.

That is why this is such a good opportunity. I want this tournament to be my turning point so I can happily spend the new years. Many people tells me that I am a bubble that I am overrated and I am now horrible against both Terran and Protoss. I want to kick away all these perceptions by winning this tournament.

Q : Any last words?

I thank my team-mates who helped me to practice. Now I have a chance I will show my fans that I can also get into the finals. As for the last words.. I have seen the winners prediction poll on Teamliquid, I thought I would be at least in the mid-way but only 2% voted for me. I was shocked. I got more determined to get win the tournament after looking at the poll. So keep an out eye.


The second interview

+ Show Spoiler +

IMMvp
[image loading]

Q : How do you feel about advancing into the next round?

To be honest, my goal that I set up on the way to the studio was 3rd placement. I couldn't practice much and manage my conditions well enough. But I am happy that I am still in. I will try my best to manage my condition to show better games.

Q : You played four games today. I know they were all tough but which one was the toughest?

There weren't games that were too hard because all games were finished relatively early. But I feel pity about losing to DRG. I had a chance to win but I lost my concentration as the game shifted to the late game phase. I got impatient and went for a rush when I shouldn't. Losing a game that I could possibly win is always pitiful.

Q : How are you physically and mentally right now?

My stamina actually improved as I travel to many tournaments. It's not as tiring as before. But I still can't manage my concentration well enough, I need to figure out how I can control my concentration level.

Q : There was Media Day at 1PM. You could've practised bit more if it wasn't for that.

When I heard about Media Day, I thought it was going to be tough. But WCG and Blizzcup are two separate events. It wouldn't make any sense if I ranted about a tournament process. But I might have made a compliant if they were organized by the same organization. But Media Day is the opportunity to meet all other players and greet them so I gladly participated.

Q : You won total six times from various tournaments in 2011. You could win another tournament and end 2011.

Blizzcup is the one of the big tournaments but the championship from Blizzcup is most meaningful title. The title is the best player of 2011 and I really want that. I really want to win, I also recently got a hobby of collecting trophies and having another one in my collection would make me happy.

Q : The tournament gathered around players who got a championship from other tournaments. Did this tournament feel any different to you?

Playing in different leagues makes players aware of play styles of other players. Even today, there were builds intending to finish the game early and sniping build orders could be seen. Players who won a tournament played many games and they are well aware of other players' style. You can't be relaxed in this tournament.

Q : Who would you want to avoid before the finals?

Of course I want to avoid Nestea. He is in the same team so I want to avoid him as much as possible. This means that I want to see him in the finals with me.

Q : How do you feel about Stephano?

After the first game was over, I watched his game. It was against Hero and I thought he was very good. I was even emotionally touched with his play. If he participates in a GSL Code A qualifier, I am sure he has a really high chance of getting into Code S. As far as I know he is the first player who used Infestor build, playing against him did tell me that he has a distinctive style. He has got a good game sense with his own unique style.

Q : Anything else that you want to add on?

There are other things than a championship that I can also earn from the winning. I have won 99 games in my record so far and winning another game will give me 100 victories. I also will exceed 300,000,000 KRW for the prize money. But I also want the title of the best player of 2011. I will prepare well for my other games and will try to win.

Coaching KANG (Dong-Hoon KANG) is exhausted as he came down to Busan with me. I hope he gets a good rest once Blizzcup is over. Also it was his wedding anniversary yesterday which I bless the couple for. I thank my mum,dad and sister who always cheer for me even from home. I also thank sponsors for supporting the team. While I was in Busan, My girlfriend helped me to win against Stephano, well she recorded Stephano's stream with her phone and sent it to me (laughs)


The third interview
+ Show Spoiler +

oGsMC
[image loading]

Q : You advance into the next rounds with the third placement. How do you feel?

When MVP won the last game and it was determined already, I stopped being nervous. But I also couldn't concentrate well and lost a game to DRG.

Q : I bet advancing as a third player is not what you were aiming for?

I wanted to be the first from the group. 2nd and 3rd are the same in my opinion. When I knew that there was no way I could be the first in the group I was bit disappointed. But I still didn't want to lose but knowing that I am ready advancing made me wanting to end the game quickly. I think I was very impatient.

Q : Do you find Blizzcup different from other tournaments?

It's like being in GSL up/down matches (laughs). Because it is BO1 and the full-league format. I personally find the format bit disappointing. Strong players getting knocked out easily doesn't seem to be a good thing. I think they should have made it dual-elimination format.

Q : Unfortunately, you won against players who live in the same team house.

When I was coming into the studio with Hero we were telling each other 'Please let's not meet each other with 1L written on our names'. I feel bad. But we are on a different team even though we live in the same house (laughs). I am representing oGs and I wish to win. In the rounds of 6, I want to face MMA on the Calm before the storms.

Q : Are you saying you want to meet MMA as your next opponent?

Well, not MMA necessarily but a Terran player. I want to avoid Naniwa. One less Protoss in the tournament would be sad for the race. Well, I don't really care if Naniwa gets knocked out but if he advances, I hope he is not in the second in his group.

Q : What do you think about the possibility of winning for you?

If I make into the finals and face MVP, it will be very tough. I am confident about getting into the finals though. I also got more confidence in PvZ so meeting DRG in the semi-finals shouldn't be a problem.

Q : What is the meaning of Blizzcup to you?

Fireworks of resurrection? I try not to find the tournament too burdensome but when I actually started to play in games I couldn't do that well. I was very nervous today.

Q : Any last words?

My girlfriend brought me an energy drink so I want to thank her. Hero got knocked out after losing four times and I hope he isn't too upset about it, I hope he does well in up/down matches. Stephano might misunderstood from the last game but I NEVER lost on purpose because DRG is Korea. I was not nervous at all and lost focus too much. I really didn't want to lose at all so I hope he doesn't misunderstand that game if he did. I haven't been into the finals for a long time. I hope I can get into the finals in Blizzcup and communicate with many fans at the finals.


Original articles can be found: http://www.thisisgame.com/board/list.php?category=13439
SlayerS_Min's Translator I Voluntary translator for the community I Commentator during Min's stream I Own channel coming soon
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
December 12 2011 13:17 GMT
#2
I have seen the winners prediction poll on Teamliquid, I thought I would be at least in the mid-way but only 2% voted for me. I was shocked. I got more determined to get win the tournament after looking at the poll. So keep an out eye.


Shame on you teamliquid.
sereniity
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Sweden1159 Posts
December 12 2011 13:17 GMT
#3
Nice one, DRG looking strong, where can I find that winner prediction thing btw :o? If anyone could PM me it'd be awesome!
"I am Day9, Holy shit!"
KunFuSion
Profile Joined May 2011
United States189 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 13:26:46
December 12 2011 13:19 GMT
#4
On December 12 2011 22:17 sereniity wrote:
Nice one, DRG looking strong, where can I find that winner prediction thing btw :o? If anyone could PM me it'd be awesome!


Check the homepage below the "Store" box.

DRG staying strong. Hilarious reaction to the MVP game. xD

Edit: Or click Blizzard Cup Poll
Gotta always protect them mcnuggets.
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
December 12 2011 13:19 GMT
#5
Wait, how did DRG find a poll and I can't find it? ;o

Or was it the poll in the LR thread?

Where ARE the polls anyway? I don't see them on the sidebar atm.
HappyChris
Profile Joined October 2011
1534 Posts
December 12 2011 13:24 GMT
#6
On December 12 2011 22:19 Talin wrote:
Wait, how did DRG find a poll and I can't find it? ;o

Or was it the poll in the LR thread?

Where ARE the polls anyway? I don't see them on the sidebar atm.


I dont think there has been any polls.
.Mystic
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada486 Posts
December 12 2011 13:26 GMT
#7
Q : How do you feel about Stephano after playing against him?

I think he is a good player but his style is rather simple. His opponent can easily make a counter build-order against him. If players face Stephano bit more and take time to analyse his style, he should be a comfortable opponent. But his mechanics are solid.

sums it up i think. i think drg weakest is zvz by far.
SarcasmMonster
Profile Joined October 2011
3136 Posts
December 12 2011 13:27 GMT
#8
On December 12 2011 22:19 Talin wrote:
Wait, how did DRG find a poll and I can't find it? ;o

Or was it the poll in the LR thread?

Where ARE the polls anyway? I don't see them on the sidebar atm.


I can't find them either...

Looks like DRG is a better TLer than I am.
MMA: The true King of Wings
tomwizz
Profile Joined October 2010
524 Posts
December 12 2011 13:28 GMT
#9
poll:
http://www.teamliquid.net/poll/index.php?poll_id=524
SarcasmMonster
Profile Joined October 2011
3136 Posts
December 12 2011 13:31 GMT
#10
On December 12 2011 22:28 tomwizz wrote:
poll:
http://www.teamliquid.net/poll/index.php?poll_id=524


DRG losing to other, nice.
MMA: The true King of Wings
PsychedeliaNOR
Profile Joined December 2010
Norway44 Posts
December 12 2011 13:33 GMT
#11


Q : In the last game, if you would win you would come out as the first but if you lost you would be disqualified.

When I found about that before the game, I started a mind-game to MC. But MC didn't fall for any of that and didn't intend to lose at all. He played so hard I thought I was going to lose. I was thinking about getting him a nice dinner but that was a mistake.


Mabye it is poor phrasing, but it sounds like he tried to get MC to loose on purpose before the game and buy him a dinner afterwards? Probably not, but still glad MC put up a good fight!
Ysellian
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands9029 Posts
December 12 2011 13:33 GMT
#12
On December 12 2011 22:31 SarcasmMonster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 22:28 tomwizz wrote:
poll:
http://www.teamliquid.net/poll/index.php?poll_id=524


DRG losing to other, nice.


Too much bias in that poll XD
CP-Jun
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia278 Posts
December 12 2011 13:38 GMT
#13
The second interview is now updated. The final interview is coming.
SlayerS_Min's Translator I Voluntary translator for the community I Commentator during Min's stream I Own channel coming soon
parazice
Profile Joined March 2011
Thailand5517 Posts
December 12 2011 13:41 GMT
#14
dam Mvp GF > Stephano haha
DelRax
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia54 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 13:46:11
December 12 2011 13:45 GMT
#15
On December 12 2011 22:14 CryingPoo wrote:

Q : You won total six times from various tournaments in 2011. You could win another tournament and end 2011.

Blizzcup is the one of the big tournaments but the championship from Blizzcup is most meaningful title. The title is the best player of 2011 and I really want that. I really want to win, I also recently got a hobby of collecting trophies and having another one in my collection would make me happy.


The IM house is going to need a bigger trophy cabinet.
Itsmedudeman
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States19229 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 13:50:33
December 12 2011 13:50 GMT
#16
On December 12 2011 22:41 parazice wrote:
dam Mvp GF > Stephano haha

LOL

I had a feeling something like that was gonna happen. Didn't expect it to be his gf
CP-Jun
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia278 Posts
December 12 2011 13:52 GMT
#17
All fully updated but haven't proof read them so pardon me if there are any spelling errors.
SlayerS_Min's Translator I Voluntary translator for the community I Commentator during Min's stream I Own channel coming soon
CursedRich
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom737 Posts
December 12 2011 13:53 GMT
#18
On December 12 2011 22:26 NMx.StyX wrote:
Q : How do you feel about Stephano after playing against him?

I think he is a good player but his style is rather simple. His opponent can easily make a counter build-order against him. If players face Stephano bit more and take time to analyse his style, he should be a comfortable opponent. But his mechanics are solid.

sums it up i think. i think drg weakest is zvz by far.


Look what MVP said about Stephano, balances it out though dont you think?
Chill Winston......
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
December 12 2011 13:54 GMT
#19
Damn, great interviews! Thanks for the interviews!
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
WightyCity
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada887 Posts
December 12 2011 13:57 GMT
#20
oh stephano. its fun your in korean ladder though
90% watching it 8% talking about it and 2% playing it - sc2
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 230
ProTech32
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1201
Bisu 744
Horang2 732
Larva 615
Hyuk 491
Leta 228
Stork 225
Sexy 108
EffOrt 98
PianO 92
[ Show more ]
Zeus 91
Soma 71
Mini 68
Pusan 40
Killer 37
ZerO 32
Bale 25
sorry 24
Hm[arnc] 22
ToSsGirL 22
yabsab 19
Trap 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe444
XaKoH 335
League of Legends
JimRising 328
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1270
Other Games
gofns34709
singsing1299
crisheroes181
Mew2King106
ArmadaUGS57
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick588
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream168
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 38
• LUISG 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6895
• lizZardDota2318
League of Legends
• Jankos1272
• Stunt1015
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
2m
Online Event
1h 2m
FEL
6h 2m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 2m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 2m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.