• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:46
CEST 12:46
KST 19:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11303 users

Blizzcup Group A Winners Interviews - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
mcmartini
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Australia1972 Posts
December 12 2011 15:40 GMT
#61
I didn't even see that poll for the winner of the Blizzard Cup. Great interviews, MC lost to DRG just cause I wanted him to have better seeding, but really wanted DRG through, so best of both worlds for me really :D
I just want to say I have 370 APM - Liquid'Tyler SotG 14-12-2011 "I mean it's too bad you can't be paid to be, you know, a chicken shit fucking whiny bitch on the internet or we would have lots of rich community members" Nick "Tasteless" Plott
Flowjo
Profile Joined March 2011
United States928 Posts
December 12 2011 15:47 GMT
#62
On December 12 2011 23:26 MayorITC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 23:22 bbm wrote:
On December 12 2011 23:16 MayorITC wrote:
On December 12 2011 23:13 ladyumbra wrote:
I think it's cool that MVP's girlfriend helped him by recording stephano's stream, it's seriously not safe for players with distinctive playstyles to stream if they don't want to be studied to death.


True, but sooner or later you will be analyzed. Personally, I think sooner is better because all professional players will need a wide variety of styles if they want to maintain dominance in the scene. That's one of the main things people always compliment MVP on.

"I NEVER lost on purpose because DRG is Korea. I was not nervous at all and lost focus too much. I really didn't want to lose at all so I hope he doesn't misunderstand that game if he did. I haven't been into the finals for a long time. I hope I can get into the finals in Blizzcup and communicate with many fans at the finals."

Shame on you Team Liquid for even suggesting that MC lost on purpose to DRG. I believe MC truly meant what he said. He's always been there for the foreign players and fans so it's disgusting how quickly some people can snub him and accuse him cheating for the sake of national pride.


I don't think anyone was openly accusing MC of throwing the game... it was more just despair that a 3rd party's outcome is decided by a match between two unrelated players


Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 20:47 ambrosiaa wrote:
im sure mc will let drg win so that the top 3 will be koreans.

Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 20:47 BBMorti wrote:
Of course MC will lose no matter what now, Koreans will help each others go on tbh.

Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 20:56 asdads wrote:
MC hates stephano imo he will purposely lose so another korean makes it through. Thats why stephano is so tense. IMO.

Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 21:18 NHY wrote:
On December 12 2011 21:15 Goibon wrote:
On December 12 2011 21:14 MrCash wrote:
Not sure why, but the last game felt like watching a "pro-wrestling" match.

I know what you mean. Hard to explain it though.


Not hard to explain. You two think MC threw that game on purpose. Nice try.

Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 21:20 Holdinga wrote:
Dont hate on MC for losing the match, no Korean will F!@# over another Korean in these cases, it is absolutely normal. hate on the rules. It shouldnt have been head to head record, there should have been a final tie breaker, so loser plays versus Stephano



this is so disgusting...
IMNestea's biggest fan.
ravemir
Profile Joined April 2011
Portugal595 Posts
December 12 2011 15:50 GMT
#63
"So keep an out eye" xD
"more gg, more skill"
Xiron
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1233 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 16:24:30
December 12 2011 16:23 GMT
#64
On December 13 2011 00:47 Flowjo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 23:26 MayorITC wrote:
On December 12 2011 23:22 bbm wrote:
On December 12 2011 23:16 MayorITC wrote:
On December 12 2011 23:13 ladyumbra wrote:
I think it's cool that MVP's girlfriend helped him by recording stephano's stream, it's seriously not safe for players with distinctive playstyles to stream if they don't want to be studied to death.


True, but sooner or later you will be analyzed. Personally, I think sooner is better because all professional players will need a wide variety of styles if they want to maintain dominance in the scene. That's one of the main things people always compliment MVP on.

"I NEVER lost on purpose because DRG is Korea. I was not nervous at all and lost focus too much. I really didn't want to lose at all so I hope he doesn't misunderstand that game if he did. I haven't been into the finals for a long time. I hope I can get into the finals in Blizzcup and communicate with many fans at the finals."

Shame on you Team Liquid for even suggesting that MC lost on purpose to DRG. I believe MC truly meant what he said. He's always been there for the foreign players and fans so it's disgusting how quickly some people can snub him and accuse him cheating for the sake of national pride.


I don't think anyone was openly accusing MC of throwing the game... it was more just despair that a 3rd party's outcome is decided by a match between two unrelated players


On December 12 2011 20:47 ambrosiaa wrote:
im sure mc will let drg win so that the top 3 will be koreans.

On December 12 2011 20:47 BBMorti wrote:
Of course MC will lose no matter what now, Koreans will help each others go on tbh.

On December 12 2011 20:56 asdads wrote:
MC hates stephano imo he will purposely lose so another korean makes it through. Thats why stephano is so tense. IMO.

On December 12 2011 21:18 NHY wrote:
On December 12 2011 21:15 Goibon wrote:
On December 12 2011 21:14 MrCash wrote:
Not sure why, but the last game felt like watching a "pro-wrestling" match.

I know what you mean. Hard to explain it though.


Not hard to explain. You two think MC threw that game on purpose. Nice try.

On December 12 2011 21:20 Holdinga wrote:
Dont hate on MC for losing the match, no Korean will F!@# over another Korean in these cases, it is absolutely normal. hate on the rules. It shouldnt have been head to head record, there should have been a final tie breaker, so loser plays versus Stephano



this is so disgusting...


Yes. Also if you watched the game you saw that MC hung in there for ages after having half the supply of drg. I may quote Wolf here ' He made way more than cost efficient trades at the end '. Why would he fight til the very end if he was to lose on purpose? cant explain that.
"The way of life can be free and beautiful. But we have lost the way. " - Charlie Chaplin
power-overwhelming
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada306 Posts
December 12 2011 17:58 GMT
#65
It's really hard for me to like MVP when 90% of his interview starts out with some sort of excuse. "I was in bad condition" etc. I think he's only one of the few korean pros that actually use that in his interviews. MC has never used that as an excuse despite traveling the most among programers in 2011.
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
December 12 2011 18:05 GMT
#66
On December 13 2011 02:58 power-overwhelming wrote:
It's really hard for me to like MVP when 90% of his interview starts out with some sort of excuse. "I was in bad condition" etc. I think he's only one of the few korean pros that actually use that in his interviews. MC has never used that as an excuse despite traveling the most among programers in 2011.



Reallly.........The dude was participating in WCG the day before this happened. Of course that's going to affect his play
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
December 12 2011 18:09 GMT
#67
On December 13 2011 02:58 power-overwhelming wrote:
It's really hard for me to like MVP when 90% of his interview starts out with some sort of excuse. "I was in bad condition" etc. I think he's only one of the few korean pros that actually use that in his interviews. MC has never used that as an excuse despite traveling the most among programers in 2011.


MVP and MC have very different mentallities. Both are out to win it, but MVP is always guaging his play and thinking analytically about reasons for win/loss, at least in interviews, while MC is just a total BOSS.

I love these players so much. <3 Starcraft.
oxxo
Profile Joined February 2010
988 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 18:12:45
December 12 2011 18:09 GMT
#68
On December 12 2011 22:33 Ysellian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 22:31 SarcasmMonster wrote:
On December 12 2011 22:28 tomwizz wrote:
poll:
http://www.teamliquid.net/poll/index.php?poll_id=524


DRG losing to other, nice.


Too much bias in that poll XD


Yea, Stephano being 2nd and Hero being 3rd pretty much shows how valid that poll really is. Though if you remove all the foreigners it looks pretty legit.

On December 13 2011 02:58 power-overwhelming wrote:
It's really hard for me to like MVP when 90% of his interview starts out with some sort of excuse. "I was in bad condition" etc. I think he's only one of the few korean pros that actually use that in his interviews. MC has never used that as an excuse despite traveling the most among programers in 2011.


90%? More like the last two or three... when he actually did have different tournaments, sometimes in different places either the day before or the day of. You're crazy. Mvp always gives great interviews. Mvp always being extremely manner, truthful, and oftentimes funny makes it hard to like him?
Yaki
Profile Joined April 2011
France4234 Posts
December 12 2011 18:10 GMT
#69
On December 13 2011 02:58 power-overwhelming wrote:
It's really hard for me to like MVP when 90% of his interview starts out with some sort of excuse. "I was in bad condition" etc. I think he's only one of the few korean pros that actually use that in his interviews. MC has never used that as an excuse despite traveling the most among programers in 2011.

Not sure if you've just never travelled and don't know about jetlag, or you're just trolling.
MC ■ MarineKing ■ LosirA ■ To someone who has lost after trying his best, no words from the winner can console him.
power-overwhelming
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada306 Posts
December 12 2011 18:13 GMT
#70
No because I know for a fact if he had lost, then the LR thread would be filled with excuses of him being jetlagged. When Bomber fell out of group play after he had just travelled people threw the slump word around, same with Nestea. WCG was in Busan anyway, it's not like he had to fly different timezones to get back home. If he partied after he won then that's his fault.
double620
Profile Joined July 2011
China804 Posts
December 12 2011 18:14 GMT
#71
On December 13 2011 02:58 power-overwhelming wrote:
It's really hard for me to like MVP when 90% of his interview starts out with some sort of excuse. "I was in bad condition" etc. I think he's only one of the few korean pros that actually use that in his interviews. MC has never used that as an excuse despite traveling the most among programers in 2011.


It was not an excuse. It was a fact. Mc said that too sometimes and Mc did not really complain anything.
They are both great players.

It was true that mvp did not have time to prepare so he was a bit worried. But in the end he was good enough and I think the maps help him also.
SarcasmMonster
Profile Joined October 2011
3136 Posts
December 12 2011 18:15 GMT
#72
I like MVP more and more after every interview. Seems very genuine.
MMA: The true King of Wings
chosenkerrigan
Profile Joined May 2011
858 Posts
December 12 2011 18:15 GMT
#73
On December 13 2011 00:14 HappyChris wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 00:00 MuK_x wrote:
On December 12 2011 23:56 Kinky wrote:
It's funny how DRG calls Stephano's style simple while MVP calls it unique.

DeMusliM said "its impossible to studying players like Stephano,he is unpredictable and playing with a lot of styles baneling/ling/muta,ling/muta,infestor/baneling etc.

DRG jelly stephano's unique style or DRG jelly because stephano gets more attention than him.



He is proberly not very pleased he lost that ZvZ and was exstremly lucky to even make it out he should really thx the great sc 2 gods that Hero had nothing to play for and that MC got the worst map ever


Yeah DRG was extremely lucky to even make it out. Stephano was extremely unlucky to not make it out. No doubt.
HuKPOWA
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1604 Posts
December 12 2011 18:17 GMT
#74
On December 12 2011 23:18 HappyChris wrote:
Happy to see MVP got so high regards of Stephano however im still gonna support Nestea:D


Stephano #1!!!!

Hopefully Naniwa can show some foreigner life!!!!!!!!!!
MuK_x
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
743 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-12 18:19:26
December 12 2011 18:19 GMT
#75
On December 13 2011 02:58 power-overwhelming wrote:
It's really hard for me to like MVP when 90% of his interview starts out with some sort of excuse. "I was in bad condition" etc. I think he's only one of the few korean pros that actually use that in his interviews. MC has never used that as an excuse despite traveling the most among programers in 2011.

because MVP has carpal tunnel,its really hurts when you nonstop practice and traveling tournament to tournament.
IdrA "TT1 actually fucked up and didn't see the hatchery,so im at a really big advantage right now,assuming he reacts intelligently which is not something you should assume with TT1"
CP-Jun
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia278 Posts
December 12 2011 18:30 GMT
#76
On December 13 2011 02:58 power-overwhelming wrote:
It's really hard for me to like MVP when 90% of his interview starts out with some sort of excuse. "I was in bad condition" etc. I think he's only one of the few korean pros that actually use that in his interviews. MC has never used that as an excuse despite traveling the most among programers in 2011.


He still won despite his medical conditions and with his excuses. I don't see why you are putting him down when he actually 'won'. It's usually when bad players make excuses that look bad
SlayerS_Min's Translator I Voluntary translator for the community I Commentator during Min's stream I Own channel coming soon
Acronysis
Profile Joined November 2011
872 Posts
December 12 2011 18:31 GMT
#77
On December 13 2011 03:13 power-overwhelming wrote:
No because I know for a fact if he had lost, then the LR thread would be filled with excuses of him being jetlagged. When Bomber fell out of group play after he had just travelled people threw the slump word around, same with Nestea. WCG was in Busan anyway, it's not like he had to fly different timezones to get back home. If he partied after he won then that's his fault.


Sadly you're probably right. I'm sure the fans would have stuck up for him.

But still, that doesn't change the fact thatt you can't deny that going through a whole tournament literally right before this one, especially going into a tournament that has a large component of study the players, in which the WCG surely cut into that time, would have an effect on anyone. MVP wins a lot, so he travels a lot. . . it's expected for him to be tired.
The multiplying villanies of man do swarm upon him.
leo23
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3075 Posts
December 12 2011 18:32 GMT
#78
Hmm different angles on stephano

MVP
+ Show Spoiler +
Q : How do you feel about Stephano?

After the first game was over, I watched his game. It was against Hero and I thought he was very good. I was even emotionally touched with his play. If he participates in a GSL Code A qualifier, I am sure he has a really high chance of getting into Code S. As far as I know he is the first player who used Infestor build, playing against him did tell me that he has a distinctive style. He has got a good game sense with his own unique style.


DRG
+ Show Spoiler +
Q : How do you feel about Stephano after playing against him?

I think he is a good player but his style is rather simple. His opponent can easily make a counter build-order against him. If players face Stephano bit more and take time to analyse his style, he should be a comfortable opponent. But his mechanics are solid.


Kinda funny to see the different feelings. You can tell MVP studied Stephano and had a clear build prepared for him
banelings
Raisauce
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada864 Posts
December 12 2011 18:33 GMT
#79
IdrA said the exact same thing as DRG about Stephano's play. I wonder if other pro's feel the same way.
Trsjnica
Profile Joined April 2011
United States477 Posts
December 12 2011 20:35 GMT
#80
On December 13 2011 00:00 MuK_x wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 23:56 Kinky wrote:
It's funny how DRG calls Stephano's style simple while MVP calls it unique.

DeMusliM said "its impossible to studying players like Stephano,he is unpredictable and playing with a lot of styles baneling/ling/muta,ling/muta,infestor/baneling etc.

DRG jelly stephano's unique style or DRG jelly because stephano gets more attention than him.


Both DRG and MVP could be correct, of course.

For example, DRG may be referring specifically to Stephano's ZvZ, while MVP might be referring to his ZvT, etc.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings85
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko175
ProTech119
SHIN 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 1131
Mind 1093
Bisu 1026
Larva 668
Mini 140
Zeus 136
Sexy 127
EffOrt 126
Soma 117
Leta 115
[ Show more ]
Last 84
Hyun 81
PianO 72
Pusan 58
ZerO 39
Killer 33
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 30
Trap 26
Hm[arnc] 21
sorry 21
Aegong 20
yabsab 15
JulyZerg 10
Noble 6
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
XcaliburYe577
XaKoH 405
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1403
Other Games
gofns40420
singsing2021
crisheroes273
OGKoka 148
Mew2King130
ArmadaUGS61
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick557
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream164
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 58
• LUISG 34
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
• Gemini_19 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7864
League of Legends
• Jankos1366
• Stunt886
Upcoming Events
Online Event
15m
FEL
5h 15m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 15m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 15m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 15m
INu's Battles
1d 1h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.