• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:24
CEST 19:24
KST 02:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12808 users

My Dreamhack Winter Starcraft 2 Video

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
andytb
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom180 Posts
December 01 2011 20:17 GMT
#1
Hey!

This is the first time I've attempted to put together a coherent video to sum up an event, and I think it's turned out pretty well so I would like to share. The overwhelming feeling I had walking away from the event was a warm dreamy glow so I hope the music reflects that.



If you have an eye for videography, I'd love some feedback on how to do this sort of stuff better as It was a lot of fun to film and make

Cheers

Andy
SkaPunk
Profile Joined October 2010
United States471 Posts
December 01 2011 20:25 GMT
#2
Looks sexy
Team Fallacy
ronpaul012
Profile Joined March 2011
United States769 Posts
December 01 2011 20:27 GMT
#3
Wow, that view of the finals made it look so much larger than dreamhack's camera's did. Must have been insane!
I'm a gooner.
blae000
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway1640 Posts
December 01 2011 20:27 GMT
#4
Sweet jesus that was so awesome! :D Great quality and all!! Aaah nerd chills.. ^__^ And I was there to see it live :D:D Thanks alot!
Liquid
tnud
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden2233 Posts
December 01 2011 20:32 GMT
#5
I enjoyed it!
Especially the final scene, god that was nice
- ಠ_ಠ - | disinfect wrote: AHAHHAHAHA 2DG FUCK ME ALREADY.
ChuCky.Ca
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada2497 Posts
December 01 2011 20:33 GMT
#6
very awesome
Most Skilled Current esport Games Scbw>Sc2>Cs1.6>Dota2>Hon>Loopin Louie The Drinking Game>LoL
randomsaint
Profile Joined December 2011
42 Posts
December 01 2011 20:34 GMT
#7
This was pretty cool but I personally feel like those random uses of "fish eye" or whatever is a horrible choice.
YuuVee
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom8 Posts
December 01 2011 20:34 GMT
#8
The shots of Hero on the stage at the very end are some of the best I've seen so far... Good job!
archonOOid
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1983 Posts
December 01 2011 20:39 GMT
#9
cool video, a sort of personal summary of your experience at the event.
I'm Quotable (IQ)
blae000
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway1640 Posts
December 01 2011 21:02 GMT
#10
Yeah, I feel like this needs spotlight so everyone can see that amazing shot a hero on the stage at the end! SO amazing!
Liquid
legatus legionis
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands559 Posts
December 01 2011 21:03 GMT
#11
That was amazing man. When you are walking through the event you see places a stream viewer would never expect to even be there. Looking around as if we are there. Alternating the shots was done quite right in my opinion. Sometimes or many times you see for example looking over the shoulder of a player too long as if the focus can even go into what he's doing inside the game rather than how he is there physically. You could argue that after the game in the stadium some shots were lasting too long but since it provided such a unique perspective I don't think that's fair to do.

Loved the lens. Wondering what it looks like if you "correct" it when you are watching the screen from the bottom. You see that in programs sometimes that you can warp or make a lens correction. I think it's useable there but I don't know what change it makes, am curious though.

For the videography part I wouldn't know technical things. However when you made the cam fade to black and the sound off in one of the final shots. I thought there was gonna be a few more of those to make it seem like it's an eye slowly opening and closing while coming out of a daze to simulate a sort of waking up from a dream kinda feel. If you want to play around with the video stuff I would recommend looking into those scenario's.

And you seem to just go for it to get great shots I think that's a great attitude, walk through people watching the screen, stand in front of the crowd, go up on stage. Maybe that's just me but at least the shots you get in return are valuable. Watching from behind Hero how he see the whole stadium. You don't get that view from the stream, you don't get that if you are anywhere else in the stadium than right at the bottom. Quite special and awesome you were able to capture that.

Thanks so much. Enjoyed it immensely <3
Raidern
Profile Joined February 2005
Brazil3821 Posts
December 01 2011 21:06 GMT
#12
hey, great video
thats a much better angle than the official stream!
For the Swarm!
pPingu
Profile Joined September 2011
Switzerland2892 Posts
December 01 2011 21:15 GMT
#13
Really cool video, thank you

At 2:34 is it the ssf4 finalist? And 3:17 I think it's the same guy as at iem cologne
terialk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States770 Posts
December 01 2011 22:10 GMT
#14
I definitely got a sense of a kind of dreamy haze from the video (and I do mean that in the positive sense). I really liked the music choice, but I'll echo what legatus said ^ before me, were the final cuts in the video where the sound cuts off intentional? I did find it a bit disruptive to the overall feel of the video.

Otherwise, great stuff !
"This is not the beginning of an end. Instead, it is the end of a beginning." // Little Sprite Fan :D // Never go full China. // At least NA won at Dota 2.
LittLeD
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden7973 Posts
December 01 2011 22:16 GMT
#15
You really managed to capture some of the amazing atmosphere. A very well done video in my opinion!
☆Grubby ☆| Tod|DeMusliM|ThorZaiN|SaSe|Moon|Mana| ☆HerO ☆
Divine_
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden115 Posts
December 01 2011 22:23 GMT
#16
I have absolutely no "eye for videography", but all i can say is that i enjoyed the film and was emotionally touched by several parts of it. Thank you for taking this time!
Maniac _ DivinE _ deluxE
126Q;A1
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden517 Posts
December 01 2011 22:27 GMT
#17
Very nice video
jaedong: "I play Counter-Strike and that is the only game I like to follow [...] my favorite team is WeMade FOX but I also like SK and fnatic."
Madera
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden2672 Posts
December 01 2011 22:29 GMT
#18
That was really well done, good job!
-stOpSKY-
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada498 Posts
December 01 2011 22:30 GMT
#19
Pretty wicked video man.
forSeohyun
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
504 Posts
December 01 2011 22:32 GMT
#20
That was so nice, I love the music which ties all the different parts up, it was a beautiful journey of a movie. Really well done!
Seohyun fan
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM958
TKL 400
IndyStarCraft 250
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 958
ByuN 420
TKL 400
IndyStarCraft 250
BRAT_OK 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46756
Calm 2958
firebathero 148
actioN 147
Sea.KH 36
Mong 33
ToSsGirL 28
Rock 24
soO 23
Pusan 20
[ Show more ]
scan(afreeca) 19
Aegong 17
Terrorterran 11
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc9985
Dendi1102
League of Legends
Reynor197
Counter-Strike
fl0m5546
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King90
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby1016
Liquid`Hasu293
MindelVK12
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1810
FrodaN1131
Beastyqt730
B2W.Neo701
Mlord467
Khaldor463
olofmeister458
KnowMe301
crisheroes191
Livibee118
ToD80
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick240
BasetradeTV181
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 27
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach58
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV547
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1448
Other Games
• Shiphtur751
• imaqtpie431
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 36m
OSC
5h 36m
Replay Cast
5h 36m
OSC
18h 36m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.