• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:55
CEST 01:55
KST 08:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10234 users

MLG Anaheim Event VODS

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Octanepro
Profile Joined May 2011
United States416 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-01 19:31:44
August 01 2011 19:08 GMT
#1
I will contact MLG to make sure this is legal before reposting this, as you all scared me too much.
Daily Terran Streaming - http://www.twitch.tv/octaneproscii
arbitrageur
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia1202 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-01 19:11:33
August 01 2011 19:10 GMT
#2
Doubt this is legal.
- What legal reasoning do you have for thinking that restreaming the free stream is legal?
- What legal reasoning do you have for thinking that storing these videos of the free stream for later (free) consumption is legal?
JerKy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)3013 Posts
August 01 2011 19:12 GMT
#3
Yeah... I dont think restreams are/were allowed? Not to mention saving the VODs
You can type "StarCraft" with just your left hand.
Octanepro
Profile Joined May 2011
United States416 Posts
August 01 2011 19:12 GMT
#4
On August 02 2011 04:10 arbitrageur wrote:
Doubt this is legal.

I don't understand how I could be doing something illegal? This is just the MLG Public Stream re-streamed. This is not the HD Stream where people paid money for. I completely support MLG and would never restream their HD Stream. Just trying to help out the Team Liquid Community.
Daily Terran Streaming - http://www.twitch.tv/octaneproscii
FryktSkyene
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1327 Posts
August 01 2011 19:12 GMT
#5
I agree with above.

I'm pretty sure it's not legal to restream the free stream. You still get ads on the free stream and MLG makes money from that.
Snitches get stiches
Octanepro
Profile Joined May 2011
United States416 Posts
August 01 2011 19:13 GMT
#6
On August 02 2011 04:12 JerKy wrote:
Yeah... I dont think restreams are/were allowed? Not to mention saving the VODs


The actually REPLAYS where not allowed. These are not the actually REPLAYS themselves. This is just exactly what was streamed at MLG's Website.

They didn't want the REPLAYS saved to protect the players.
Daily Terran Streaming - http://www.twitch.tv/octaneproscii
Octanepro
Profile Joined May 2011
United States416 Posts
August 01 2011 19:13 GMT
#7
On August 02 2011 04:12 FryktSkyene wrote:
I agree with above.

I'm pretty sure it's not legal to restream the free stream. You still get ads on the free stream and MLG makes money from that.


There are ADS in the VODS, as it was exactly what was re-streamed.
Daily Terran Streaming - http://www.twitch.tv/octaneproscii
arbitrageur
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia1202 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-01 19:14:45
August 01 2011 19:14 GMT
#8
On August 02 2011 04:12 Octanepro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2011 04:10 arbitrageur wrote:
Doubt this is legal.

I don't understand how I could be doing something illegal? This is just the MLG Public Stream re-streamed. This is not the HD Stream where people paid money for. I completely support MLG and would never restream their HD Stream. Just trying to help out the Team Liquid Community.

I'm not saying you're doing something immoral, I just doubt the legality of your actions and will continue to do so until some legal precedent is shown to me. Not that I actually care. I've screenshotted the URLs incase the thread gets deleted. So thank you from myself for the service, you've obviously put a lot of time into this.
Saishuuheiki
Profile Joined November 2010
United States188 Posts
August 01 2011 19:14 GMT
#9
Not sharing the replays is unrelated

This is much like the GSL. It's free to watch the GSL in LQ if you watch it live, but VODs are not free
Octanepro
Profile Joined May 2011
United States416 Posts
August 01 2011 19:15 GMT
#10
On August 02 2011 04:14 arbitrageur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2011 04:12 Octanepro wrote:
On August 02 2011 04:10 arbitrageur wrote:
Doubt this is legal.

I don't understand how I could be doing something illegal? This is just the MLG Public Stream re-streamed. This is not the HD Stream where people paid money for. I completely support MLG and would never restream their HD Stream. Just trying to help out the Team Liquid Community.

I'm not saying you're doing something immoral, I just doubt the legality of your actions and will continue to do so until some legal precedent is shown to me. Not that I actually care. I've screenshotted the URLs incase the thread gets deleted.


HAHA Thanks. MLG Actually re-streamed exactly what was on their website stream to Justin.tv because they where aware that alot of viewers couldn't view their website. A ton of other Justin.tv Members did the same thing.

I just went and put them in order and together for you guys. Just helping out the Team Liquid community.
Daily Terran Streaming - http://www.twitch.tv/octaneproscii
Octanepro
Profile Joined May 2011
United States416 Posts
August 01 2011 19:16 GMT
#11
On August 02 2011 04:14 Saishuuheiki wrote:
Not sharing the replays is unrelated

This is much like the GSL. It's free to watch the GSL in LQ if you watch it live, but VODs are not free


These are not Replay VODS this is the stream VODS. There is a difference.
Daily Terran Streaming - http://www.twitch.tv/octaneproscii
Fission
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada1184 Posts
August 01 2011 19:17 GMT
#12
I'm almost completely sure this is illegal.
croupier
Profile Joined July 2010
United States92 Posts
August 01 2011 19:17 GMT
#13
I am one of the folks looking for MLG vods. Is there an "official" way that they're being made available for free or is that what the MLG pass for $9.99 is for?
DNA61289
Profile Joined August 2010
United States665 Posts
August 01 2011 19:17 GMT
#14
If it's on the internet it's free!! Don't you people know anything?...Might want to make sure it really is legal.
But yeah being a Korean gamer is very imba. If you're a non-korean gamer you have to balance your game playing with earning money and your real life. If you're Korean you just sit around playing games all day eating 2 cent ramyun and becoming gosu.
FarbrorAbavna
Profile Joined July 2009
Sweden4856 Posts
August 01 2011 19:18 GMT
#15
On August 02 2011 04:13 Octanepro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2011 04:12 FryktSkyene wrote:
I agree with above.

I'm pretty sure it's not legal to restream the free stream. You still get ads on the free stream and MLG makes money from that.


There are ADS in the VODS, as it was exactly what was re-streamed.

the difference is that when watching it through the MLG website they get hits that they can forward to their sponsors. This does nothing for them. Sure it's free exposure but MLG cant gauge it and hence it just becomes guesstimates(which are irrelevant).

untill proven illegal though I say good work, there will definitely be people who cant pay for a pass and didnt catch the whole free stream live.
Do you really want chat rooms?
Octanepro
Profile Joined May 2011
United States416 Posts
August 01 2011 19:18 GMT
#16
On August 02 2011 04:17 Fission wrote:
I'm almost completely sure this is illegal.


Show me a link to an MLG site that says this is illegal and i will take it down instantly. I don't want to break any rules.
Daily Terran Streaming - http://www.twitch.tv/octaneproscii
Octanepro
Profile Joined May 2011
United States416 Posts
August 01 2011 19:18 GMT
#17
On August 02 2011 04:17 croupier wrote:
I am one of the folks looking for MLG vods. Is there an "official" way that they're being made available for free or is that what the MLG pass for $9.99 is for?


I think you need to purchase the MLG HD package.
Daily Terran Streaming - http://www.twitch.tv/octaneproscii
Octanepro
Profile Joined May 2011
United States416 Posts
August 01 2011 19:19 GMT
#18
On August 02 2011 04:18 FarbrorAbavna wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2011 04:13 Octanepro wrote:
On August 02 2011 04:12 FryktSkyene wrote:
I agree with above.

I'm pretty sure it's not legal to restream the free stream. You still get ads on the free stream and MLG makes money from that.


There are ADS in the VODS, as it was exactly what was re-streamed.

the difference is that when watching it through the MLG website they get hits that they can forward to their sponsors. This does nothing for them. Sure it's free exposure but MLG cant gauge it and hence it just becomes guesstimates(which are irrelevant).

untill proven illegal though I say good work, there will definitely be people who cant pay for a pass and didnt catch the whole free stream live.


Thanks Man, just trying to help people out.

Show me a link to an MLG site that says this is illegal and i will take it down instantly. I don't want to break any rules.
Daily Terran Streaming - http://www.twitch.tv/octaneproscii
Chargelot
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
2275 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-01 19:20:23
August 01 2011 19:19 GMT
#19
On August 02 2011 04:13 Octanepro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2011 04:12 FryktSkyene wrote:
I agree with above.

I'm pretty sure it's not legal to restream the free stream. You still get ads on the free stream and MLG makes money from that.


There are ADS in the VODS, as it was exactly what was re-streamed.


1. The "video" ads, i.e. recorded ads played back in the video, don't help MLG at all. If I said "Watch MLG, Dr. Pepper sponsors them", MLG receives no money from Dr. Pepper because I said that.

2. Any actual ads from watching these videos give YOU money.

tl;dr:

MLG gets no money from this. You get money from this. It's their product you're selling. That's not exactly legal.
if (post == "stupid") { document.getElementById('post').style.display = 'none'; }
Octanepro
Profile Joined May 2011
United States416 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-01 19:20:44
August 01 2011 19:20 GMT
#20
On August 02 2011 04:19 Chargelot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2011 04:13 Octanepro wrote:
On August 02 2011 04:12 FryktSkyene wrote:
I agree with above.

I'm pretty sure it's not legal to restream the free stream. You still get ads on the free stream and MLG makes money from that.


There are ADS in the VODS, as it was exactly what was re-streamed.


1. The "video" ads, i.e. recorded ads played back in the video, don't help MLG at all. If I said "Watch MLG, Dr. Pepper sponsors them", MLG receives no money from Dr. Pepper.

2. Any actual ads from watching these videos give YOU money.

tl;dr:

MLG gets no money from this. You get money from this. It's their product you're selling. That's not exactly legal.


how do i get money for this? I just spent my free time today putting this together for people. There's no money to be made here. I am not looking to make money jeez
Daily Terran Streaming - http://www.twitch.tv/octaneproscii
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft382
Nina 132
ViBE113
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13728
Hyuk 45
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm180
febbydoto104
League of Legends
Doublelift4648
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King88
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5341
Other Games
summit1g8803
FrodaN2712
JimRising 507
KnowMe204
ArmadaUGS131
Trikslyr24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1163
BasetradeTV185
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream105
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 117
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 5m
INu's Battles
12h 5m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
15h 5m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 5m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 5m
Replay Cast
23h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.