• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:25
CEST 03:25
KST 10:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9402 users

[Interview] Samsung vs Woongjin Day 1 Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Spica
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5582 Posts
July 10 2011 03:55 GMT
#1
For some reason, the usual interviewers only interviewed the team's ace players and coaches... Oh well, at least I finally got my hands on my first Stork interview! Fufufuu >D

(P)Stork: "I will not be unprepared"

[image loading]

Samsung KHAN has had the experience of winning their first match against CJ Entus in the 08-09 post season and then losing from behind, missing their chance of going further in the league. Because they have experienced being in high spirits and having it all crash down in one moment before at that time, even though Samsung has won day 1 of the Round of 6 playoffs against Woongjin, Stork said, "We will not be unprepared for what is yet to come." Although his results in the regular season were not that good, even though Stork who has much experience in the post season is nervous about it, with the goal of wanting Samsung to go high into the upper leagues, now is a critical stage where everything must be able to go smoothly.


Q: Your thoughts on winning?
A: Out of all the Protosses on our team, my mood is the lowest among them, but it's a relief that I won. I'm happy that I was able to be of help to Samsung winning their 1st match in the Round of 6 playoffs.

Q: Did you get motivation from the rookies' victories?
A: (T)Reality did well as usual, and (P)Grape had also defeated (T)Really before in the regular season. Since I had faith that they would do well in the future as well, I thought that I just had to do well so our team could win, so it seemed that there weren't any problems.

Q: You played against a rookie, but did you expect your opponent's strategy at all?
A: I thought of all the possibilities that could be used against me and prepared for them. Rather than having a planned strategy in mind, I let my intuitions and instincts lead the game. The build that (Z)Woon used today was one that I practiced against Captain (Z)oDin in the past, and since I defended against it successfully it was a huge help to me.

Q: You encountered many "Nalbil"s from Zergs in the regular season; did experiencing so many help you out? [T/N: Okay, "Nalbil" is Korean slang for a clever build, but I believe that it means cheesy builds in this context. Poor Stork, dying to so much cheese this season. ]
A: Many of my losses in the regular season were due to build order losses, so I took that opportunity to think over it a lot. I wanted to have no trouble whether I won or lost, so the moment I saw that build today, I had a feeling that I had seen it before.

Q: Your goal for day 2's match?
A: I remember how we won our 1st match against CJ and then lost 2 years ago. I'll set aside my happiness over today's victory for a moment and practice hard for tomorrow's match. Tomorrow we'll definitely settle the score and go to the semi-playoffs.

Q: Any last words you want to say?
A: It's been a long time since we made the post season like this, so with half nervousness and half excitement I practiced until dawn, but I slept early in the morning and woke up. After a close hyung of mine who is currently enlisted in the military saw the articles that our team had advanced to the post season, he gave me a call. I hope that he stays healthy and takes care of his body in the military.

Source: http://esports.dailygame.co.kr/news/read.php?id=46990

Congrats to Samsung for winning their first match against Woongjin, and I would translate Coach January's interview if the match wasn't starting in like 5 minutes! So here's a long time no see picspam instead!

[image loading]

The happy winners!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Jangbi: "y hullo thurrrrrr hurrrrrrrrr-"

[image loading]

Stork: "GTFO OUTTA MY SEAT, MOVE BITCH-"

Soulkey: *Blocks ZerO's path*
ZerO: "Oh Soulkey... You think that you can be like that with me~?"

[image loading]

*Suddenly appears behind Soulkey*
ZerO: "WELL THINK AGAIN, BITCH. HEADLOCK TIMEEEEEEEE-"
Soulkey: "Ow ow ow ow okay okay I regret it hyung, I regret it T___T"
hOn_sin: *Watching in the background* ".........."

[image loading]

Trolluary: "Hmmm... To troll, or not to troll today.... That is the real question....."

Really gets sent out against Grape! What's Samsung's reaction to this?

[image loading]

Stork: *Watching Really's play* "........."
Jangbi: "Damn bitch, what the hell was that? Even I could play better Terran than that!"

How about Woongjin's reaction then?

[image loading]

ZerO: *Watching Really's play* "So... This is our 2nd best Terran playing right now?"
Light: "Yup."
ZerO: "And why do I have a feeling that our best Terran will get owned as well....?"

[image loading]

Really: *After losing to Grape* "Did I... Did I just get Graped....? For the 2nd time this season.....?"

*Reality, after winning against Light*

[image loading]

Reality: "Did you... get a taste of reality, Light?? Lololololol-"

[image loading]

Stork: "January, this bitch keeps on bothering me! From stealing mah seat to nagging me during the game, you gotta keep his ass off me!"
Coach January: "Why do you keep on bothering Stork?! Do you have the hots for him or something?!? Do we have to deport you off to Woongjin?!?? I think that their team's style fits you better than here!!"

Samsung's reaction when free gets sent out:

[image loading]

...a standing ovation.

Brave: "Oh man, we have this game in the bag already."
Sharp: "His name is so true! A free win to all!"
Stork: "Good work team, I'm proud of you guys."
Juni: "Heck, even I'm doing better than him these days!"

ByuL's BM ceremony against free:

[image loading]

Well, at least he didn't do a manner hatch!

[image loading]

Woongjin's coach Lee Jae Gyun: "...why did I send out those guys again? And why did I just do worse than Trolluary today?"

[image loading]

Samsung KHAN, ready to win their next match today? Who knows!
How to pronounce the name: "SPY-ka" | Proud to share the same birthday with Shin (神) Dong Won and the almighty BoxeR | 리쌍도 나무에서 떨어진다. | To YellOw: "2位じゃダメなんですか?" ㅋㅋㅋ | Rest in peace, Violet. 08/23/12
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
July 10 2011 03:57 GMT
#2
This'll be good to fill the 3 mins till day2 starts =]
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
July 10 2011 03:58 GMT
#3
Happy to see a stork interview, its been a while

Time to see if stars can make a come back........... 2 minutes from now on

Thanks for interview!!
In the woods, there lurks..
vexyz
Profile Joined July 2011
96 Posts
July 10 2011 03:59 GMT
#4
Thanks for the translation Spica! Glad to see Glasses Stork win and wdf at the first pic of Jangbi lolol
<3
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
July 10 2011 04:01 GMT
#5
On July 10 2011 12:55 Spica wrote:
Samsung's reaction when free gets sent out:

[image loading]

...a standing ovation.

Brave: "Oh man, we have this game in the bag already."
Sharp: "His name is so true! A free win to all!"
Stork: "Good work team, I'm proud of you guys."
Juni: "Heck, even I'm doing better than him these days!"

hipaul
Profile Joined May 2009
United States274 Posts
July 10 2011 04:05 GMT
#6
Does anybody know what happened to great?? I know he's been slumping, but did he get demoted or something? He's not even in the group picture
SAMSUNG KHAN | tensai[ra] on iccup | Stork, Jangbi, Roro, Shine, Reality, Turn | Miss you Grape even though you failed in pvp and Brave the King of Chain Reaction
StorkHwaiting
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States3465 Posts
July 10 2011 04:06 GMT
#7
LOL epic pic spam. Thanks for the translation!! <3 my Khan
Tenhou
Profile Joined April 2011
1052 Posts
July 10 2011 04:08 GMT
#8
Stork wearing Glasses and winning(didn't watch samsung vs woongjin yesterday)? Oh yeah!
Spica
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5582 Posts
July 10 2011 04:09 GMT
#9
On July 10 2011 13:05 hipaul wrote:
Does anybody know what happened to great?? I know he's been slumping, but did he get demoted or something? He's not even in the group picture

Well, looking at the playoffs roster here, he's still on the A-team, so... Maybe he went to the bathroom during the photoshoot? No clue really. o__O;
How to pronounce the name: "SPY-ka" | Proud to share the same birthday with Shin (神) Dong Won and the almighty BoxeR | 리쌍도 나무에서 떨어진다. | To YellOw: "2位じゃダメなんですか?" ㅋㅋㅋ | Rest in peace, Violet. 08/23/12
trexbqs
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia1731 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-10 04:16:22
July 10 2011 04:14 GMT
#10
thanks for translating Spica. I'm really appreciate it.

The pictures and captions were funny :DDD and where is great?
Learn,live and love it.
erin[go]bragh
Profile Joined December 2008
United States815 Posts
July 10 2011 04:22 GMT
#11
Thanks for the translation! Good to see that stork finally realized his powers are amplified by his glasses.

And man, Jangbi with the faces...
JulyZerg! by.hero, effOrt, KTY.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
July 10 2011 04:26 GMT
#12
Yay, Stork with glasses = awesomeness! ^__^

Thanks for the translation!
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
maximuspita
Profile Joined April 2010
1093 Posts
July 10 2011 04:30 GMT
#13
On July 10 2011 13:26 Holgerius wrote:
Yay, Stork with glasses = awesomeness! ^__^

Thanks for the translation!

YES! I've been imploring Stork and when he does he wins!
Korean Air, please save Fox.
Zona
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
40426 Posts
July 10 2011 04:41 GMT
#14
If you have time and don't mind, a translation of January's interview would be interesting - at least most coach interviews involve some details.
"If you try responding to those absurd posts every day, you become more damaged. So I pay no attention to them at all." Jung Myung Hoon (aka Fantasy), as translated by Kimoleon
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings102
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE166
StarCraft: Brood War
Sharp 32
Bale 25
Dota 2
monkeys_forever540
NeuroSwarm205
League of Legends
Doublelift4063
Counter-Strike
taco 464
Other Games
summit1g7465
JimRising 492
C9.Mang0372
ToD84
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick686
BasetradeTV180
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 128
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP90
• poizon28 44
• davetesta26
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra654
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 35m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
10h 35m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 35m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 35m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.