• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:10
CEST 22:10
KST 05:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6909 users

[D] Current PvZ - Metagame?

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Felo
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany392 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-17 07:34:13
June 17 2011 07:33 GMT
#1
Greetings,

I just came back from a 5 week long break due to the fact that I was in the hospital. I was placed at ~700 points when that still was something noteworthy so I get enemies around ~1,5k right now.

Obviously my mechanics aren't 100% what they used to be, multitasking is a bit lackluster but its okay - I can hold my ground in PvT and PvP with okay win-rates but PvZ gives me headaches - I also watched the bunch of LiquidTyler-Replays that got released a few days ago but I don't like the double-gateway-style hes using in this.

My problems with that Match-up aren't specific or anything that I could nail with a replay, its more the fact that I missed 5 weeks of Metagame: 5 weeks ago I used to open up 3Gate-Sentry-Expand into Colossi with reasonably quick upgrades, third and Blink Stalkers afterwards.

But when I try to do that right now I just get Fungal'd, Baneling Bombed into the stone age and whatnot, so I feel rather old fashioned for still trying that stuff out.

Because of that I have a multitude of questions:

The Opening

Whats standard right now? Most of the time I go for FFE on Shakuras/Tal'Darim (I have no map vetoed) and 3Gate-Sentry-Expand on the other maps. Is that still viable or have other standard openings for Non-FFE-Maps arosen?

(I get my expansion at ~6 minutes, add a forge and my 4th Gate after the Nexus has gone down and go from there. I don't have any problems holding Roach/Ling-Attacks Losirastyle, but my problem is rather that Zergs have started to get their thirds up even qiucker than they used to five weeks ago, so they're working on their advantage while I'm still busy going up to 8 Sentries and Stalkers afterwards - is it still doable to kill those expansions with a 10-Minute-~100-supply-push or do I need some sort of tech?)

The Follow-ups

Forge-FE

Regularly I'm getting a quick SG for convenience and safety while trying to be as obnoxious with my Void Ray and adding 2-3 Phoenixes depending on how things work out.

But after that ... I'm lost. I know the Ace-Phoenix-Zealot-"All-In", but most of the time I'm more a fan of building up to a solid lategame with a quick third - is there currently a build around that aims for that?

And if not is there any way to decide which 2base-push would be the most fitting? (i.E. Blinkstalkers, double-stargate, quick colossi, etc).

3Gate-Sentry-Expand

This is where I'm in trouble right now. Are colossi first still viable and I just need to tech switch out of them quicker than I used to? (Like only getting 2-3 colossi to secure the third and eventually push a bit)

Or is there something else thats know standard like ... uh ... Blinkstalkers with quick upgrades, Air, DTs, whatever ^^

Lategame Composition

I used to stick with my composition Colossi/Stalker till the late game, adding Stargates while the 4th got up to mix in more and more void rays to be T3-Proof. As of now I mostly run into a lot of infestors, so I guess I should mix in HTs? Would a Lategamecomposition of the current metagame then more look like Archon/VR/HT + Whatever I can afford out of my Gateways?

(Of course its always situational but I just have no fix Idea what I should strive for and that makes my game very shaky)

Conclusion

Well, thats my bunch of questions - is the metagame still the same in the sense of 3Gate-Sentry-Expand into Colossi or has the standard changed and I need to pick up something new?
EU GML P | Check my Stream (with commentary!) -> www.twitch.tv/xFelo
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
June 17 2011 07:41 GMT
#2
This is not a proper discussion thread. If you need help with your gameplay create a [H] thread. Avoid the term "current metagame" though please it makes my head hurt.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
July 20 2011 04:17 GMT
#3
FUCK
Moderator
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 161
ProTech148
JuggernautJason71
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 195
Dewaltoss 99
Hyuk 75
Bale 17
Dota 2
Gorgc9789
League of Legends
Doublelift0
Counter-Strike
fl0m1560
Fnx 765
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King102
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3970
Khaldor1152
crisheroes990
Liquid`Hasu654
Other Games
summit1g5782
FrodaN2340
shahzam367
XBOCT273
C9.Mang0182
ArmadaUGS149
ZombieGrub27
CosmosSc2 26
Trikslyr19
KnowMe1
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV216
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream54
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH358
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie890
• Shiphtur293
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 50m
CranKy Ducklings
13h 50m
Online Event
14h 50m
FEL
19h 50m
AI Arena Tournament
20h 50m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 50m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.