• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:45
CEST 00:45
KST 07:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)19Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8710 users

Zoning and game language.

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Traksor
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10 Posts
April 11 2011 23:08 GMT
#1
Hey,

I'm here to talk about something that really annoys my SC2 game experience. I live in Quebec, Canada, and as I want to play the game in French, I had to buy the EU game. Problem, I cannot play with my friends, because of the zoning. I was heard zoning was there to avoid lag in ladder games but I'm forced to play with lags to play in French. I'm kinda screwing up the concept and some games. I basically have to choose between my language and my friends/no lags. Although the choice might be easy for you, it's not for me.
So I wonder, if zoning stays, if Blizzard can make NA server support the game in French. why cannot NA game support French who is an offical language of Canada ?

So I'm posting there because this easy-solved problem makes me unable to play SC2 as I want to.

Best Regards,

Traksor
Now fools, you will feel the power of the Protoss
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13425 Posts
April 11 2011 23:13 GMT
#2
This forum isnt really read by Blizzard employees. Your best bet is the bnet forums and/or an email to Blizzard. In addition maybe you should PM some Quebecois Pro/semi-pro players and ask them to make this issue known to Blizzard since they are in contact with Blizzard (some blizzard employees).

This is a community forum and a team (Teamliquid) forum not an official avenue, sorry if I seemed a little harsh in my reply.
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
MacroKing
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada298 Posts
April 11 2011 23:14 GMT
#3
I think that would be nice for all of the French Canadians. Did you post this is the B.Net forums?
Member of the NEX Clan!
FreezerJumps
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada653 Posts
April 11 2011 23:16 GMT
#4
The only way you can have both is to buy two copies of SC2. Frankly, buying the EU version was probably the wrong decision, unless you were only planning to play single player. Your english is good enough that the language barrier shouldn't detract too much from the campaign, and there's almost no reason it should detract from multiplayer.
CursedFeanor
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada539 Posts
April 11 2011 23:21 GMT
#5
I'm also québécois and I would just suggest you to pick the english NA version... The voices are all incredibly better than the french version which is absolutely disgusting (I've watched some french streams to hear that). Basically, your experience will be so much more enjoyable using the original language the game was designed for and you'll be able to play with your friends. It was an easy choice for me... gl

On a sidenote though, I do agree that Blizzard should allow us to play the game in any language we want on our local server.
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
April 11 2011 23:27 GMT
#6
Bnet listens to suggestions on the Bnet forums so you should definitely think of posting this there

Your English seems to be pretty good judging by your post, so I probably would have chosen the NA version if i was you but then again i guess it wasn't an easy choice
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
fire_brand
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Canada1123 Posts
April 11 2011 23:36 GMT
#7
You can actually use the EU client on NA. There's a nice little tool that you can use called the relocalizer that allows you to use different clients on different servers. You can pick it up here.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=139082

I'm currently using the Korean client on the NA server. Supposedly it could be seen as violation of the ToS, but I don't think it's something that Blizzard really cares about and so hasn't been touching. I've been using it for the last few months and haven't had any issues. After new patches come out however you may have to reinstall or fiddle around with it. What I've been doing is relocalizing back to the original version, patching it, editing the relocalizer to be compliant with the new patch, then running it again, and its worked so far for me. There's only a single line that needs to be edited after patching and it has to do with the version number so it's a simple fix.

Hope this helps you.

Random player, pixel enthusiast, crappy illustrator, offlane/support
Traksor
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10 Posts
May 11 2011 04:43 GMT
#8
LoL, sorry, I forgot this post.

Yeah, I already posted that on forums, but no answer has been posted. Yes I'm good in English, I just prefer french version ^^.
@fire_brand I'll try it.
Now fools, you will feel the power of the Protoss
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE163
Nina 112
Nathanias 66
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14901
Artosis 499
White-Ra 272
ToSsGirL 32
Dota 2
monkeys_forever414
NeuroSwarm126
League of Legends
Doublelift3629
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox951
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1915
Liquid`Hasu1428
Trikslyr61
Other Games
summit1g7957
Grubby4113
ArmadaUGS1073
shahzam588
JimRising 295
C9.Mang0267
ZombieGrub57
Mew2King44
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream110
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 41
• Hupsaiya 28
• davetesta28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 40
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1118
• Scarra947
• Shiphtur259
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 15m
OSC
14h 15m
Stellar Fest
14h 15m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.