• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:57
CEST 16:57
KST 23:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7325 users

Tracking your 1v1 games

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Toxin451
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States34 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-13 23:35:35
March 20 2011 00:14 GMT
#1
Updated for upcoming Season 3 - see below for newest version of the file

I am only a gold platinum level player, and have been working hard to get better. I thought it would be helpful to start gathering data from my games so that I could recognize areas where I could improve. (edit: and it was helpful, I have been promoted to Platinum.)

So I made a spreadsheet workbook to help me analyze my games, and wanted to make it available to anyone who is interested. I think it could be helpful to any level player.

NEWEST UPDATED FILE, WITH SAMPLE DATA:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8a8jg22yytngg8e

You will need Excel 2007 or newer to enjoy the full functionality of the workbook.

The workbook has 6 sheets:
* Data Table - where you enter information from your games
* Data Breakdowns - contains pivot tables and charts that break the data into a usable format
* League Match by Date - shows what league BNET has been matching you against over time
* Race Match by Date - shows which races you have played against, over time
* Wins and Loss per day - A chart showing your W/L for each day
* Match Favor by date - shows trends of being matched against Even, Favored, Etc players

You can get some good data from the various sheets. For example: I know that I need to practice against Protoss on Scrap Station, and that BNET has stopped matching me against Bronze and started matching me against Platinum. Maybe my MMR is going up?

The file has data from my games so that you can see how to use it. Simply replace my data with yours. Do not delete the formula in the "Total Points" column.
You will also need to know how to Refresh Pivot Tables as they do not auto-update. (its easy, just google it)

Let me know what you think. I hope it helps.

PLEASE NOT: This is not another version of SC2 Gears. SC2 Gears is awesome, you should have it, but this spreadsheet does a different set of tasks than SC2 Gears does and presents the data in a different manner.

Here are some screen shots:

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]
"you don't need to panic, because that is bad for you" Dimaga on Mr Bitter's 12 weeks
ntvarify
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States331 Posts
March 20 2011 00:18 GMT
#2
Hearing this makes me want my computer back so bad so I can use this! Can't wait until Monday. Macs are good, but.... Anyways, sounds really useful. I especially like how you can figure out which maps you struggle on, thats something that can be hard to figure out.
Phyrigian
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
New Zealand1332 Posts
March 20 2011 00:24 GMT
#3
--- Nuked ---
Reborn8u
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1761 Posts
March 20 2011 00:39 GMT
#4
This is the kind of thing I'd really like to see incorporated into sc2 gears. Good for you though, knowledge is power especially in sc2!
:)
KillyKyll
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States267 Posts
March 20 2011 00:42 GMT
#5
This is actually really cool. Thanks a lot! I feel like I should of done this before, but I never thought of it. As an above poster said, pictures would make this perfect because people always understand better with them.
Seriously?
woofwoof
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada63 Posts
March 20 2011 00:46 GMT
#6
I don't mean this in a rude way. But the amount of time you spent crunching numbers and making spreadsheets, would of been better spent playing the game.
Toxin451
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States34 Posts
March 20 2011 00:48 GMT
#7
I "crunched the numbers" when playing SC2 wasn't an option. And then I better knew what to work on when I was playing.
"you don't need to panic, because that is bad for you" Dimaga on Mr Bitter's 12 weeks
vicariouscheese
Profile Joined June 2010
United States589 Posts
March 20 2011 00:48 GMT
#8
On March 20 2011 09:46 woofwoof wrote:
I don't mean this in a rude way. But the amount of time you spent crunching numbers and making spreadsheets, would of been better spent playing the game.


amortized cost, broski
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 20 2011 01:14 GMT
#9
On March 20 2011 09:46 woofwoof wrote:
I don't mean this in a rude way. But the amount of time you spent crunching numbers and making spreadsheets, would of been better spent playing the game.

because taking a break from playing is never a good thing right...

As well, he gains valuable data, like which match-up to work on. He can track and see "well it seems like I lose most of my XvT alright, time to work on my BO for vs. terran.

Then next month he can look at the numbers and can definitively see "alright my XvT is my best matchup now, but I seem to be struggling vs P now...."

You can feel like "ok my XvT is fine, my weakness is XvZ" but the numbers might tell you a completely different story. Taking 30 minutes that you normally wouldn't be practicing to get this kind of data is well worth it.
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
Toxin451
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States34 Posts
March 20 2011 01:16 GMT
#10
Once the sheet is set up (what I have done) it is really easy to enter the data after each game, or set of games, and pretty soon the trends and numbers begin to be pretty valuable.
"you don't need to panic, because that is bad for you" Dimaga on Mr Bitter's 12 weeks
Arnfasta
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States183 Posts
March 20 2011 01:17 GMT
#11
Fantastic! Thank you, this is something I've been meaning to do, but it looks like you've already done a fantastic job.

While it's certainly not going to make me shoot to Diamond overnight, it'll be a bit easier for me to get a more quantitative handle on how I think I'm doing and how I'm actually doing.
mizU
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States12125 Posts
March 20 2011 01:21 GMT
#12
Does SC2 gears do this too?
if happy ever afters did exist <3 @watamizu_
Toxin451
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States34 Posts
March 20 2011 01:34 GMT
#13
SC2 Gears is pretty great! But I wanted to be able to customize the data in anyway I wanted. And I wanted to do it over time for all games.
"you don't need to panic, because that is bad for you" Dimaga on Mr Bitter's 12 weeks
CursedFeanor
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada539 Posts
March 20 2011 01:56 GMT
#14
Looks cool, I think I'll use that once the new season starts. Thanks for sharing!
MattyClutch
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States711 Posts
March 20 2011 02:00 GMT
#15
Neat stuff. Any details on what you lose out on if you run open office or numbers instead of excel?
Nihn'kas Neehn
Toxin451
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States34 Posts
March 20 2011 02:22 GMT
#16
I don't but i bet most of it is things like conditional formating and other pretty things. the formulas may still be good, and that is what counts.
"you don't need to panic, because that is bad for you" Dimaga on Mr Bitter's 12 weeks
Clicker
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1012 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-20 03:19:48
March 20 2011 03:19 GMT
#17
EDIT: NVM
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
March 20 2011 03:30 GMT
#18
Pretty cool man, good work!
www.superbeerbrothers.com
daimyo
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
77 Posts
March 20 2011 03:30 GMT
#19
On March 20 2011 09:46 woofwoof wrote:
I don't mean this in a rude way. But the amount of time you spent crunching numbers and making spreadsheets, would of been better spent playing the game.


I started to use this sheet. After every game I put the numbers and info, it literally takes less than 2 minutes.
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
March 20 2011 03:51 GMT
#20
renamed for spelling
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1089
RotterdaM646
SteadfastSC294
TKL 249
Rex114
CosmosSc2 42
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 665
SteadfastSC 300
TKL 261
Rex 124
ProTech119
CosmosSc2 45
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44964
Calm 3600
Shuttle 2602
Jaedong 1765
Horang2 787
Mini 544
Rush 389
Soma 356
EffOrt 345
Soulkey 324
[ Show more ]
Stork 309
Larva 274
Snow 207
BeSt 207
ZerO 191
firebathero 119
Mong 114
Zeus 95
hero 77
910 73
Mind 72
Free 58
Sharp 55
sorry 54
Hyun 50
Yoon 45
Shinee 38
Shine 35
PianO 32
Pusan 30
JYJ 25
ToSsGirL 24
HiyA 21
Bale 20
Aegong 18
Killer 18
Sexy 18
Terrorterran 17
scan(afreeca) 13
Rock 12
Hm[arnc] 12
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5634
Dendi1219
420jenkins118
Counter-Strike
fl0m3207
Fnx 621
x6flipin174
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King134
ChuDatz23
Other Games
singsing2223
hiko881
Liquid`RaSZi783
B2W.Neo427
crisheroes337
dupreeh275
ceh9255
Khaldor228
Livibee209
Pyrionflax179
Liquid`VortiX152
Hui .148
Trikslyr86
QueenE76
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV241
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH261
• mYiSmile116
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV173
League of Legends
• Nemesis2410
• Jankos1560
• TFBlade566
Other Games
• Shiphtur671
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 3m
The PondCast
19h 3m
INu's Battles
20h 3m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.