• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:51
CEST 11:51
KST 18:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11323 users

1080p on Stream

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Goodseed
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)270 Posts
March 06 2011 14:08 GMT
#1
I stream at 720p and it works fine with 1mb upload and 30 fps but when I switch my setting to 1080p and stream with the same setup, it lags me alittle but when I watch the recorded video, its very laggy.
So, I tried 1080p with 500mbps and 25 fps but it still does the same. My desktop resolution is 1680x1050 and here is spec of my comp
- Intel i5 750
- 4 gb ram
- quad core
- GTS 250

The reason I wanted to stream at 1080p very badly is because quality goes really differs when I look at it from 720p to 1080p.
안녕하소~
Kokosaft
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany172 Posts
March 06 2011 14:10 GMT
#2
can't help to much with the actual problem, but 1080p means a resolution of 1920x1080, doesn't it ?
Goodseed
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)270 Posts
March 06 2011 14:13 GMT
#3
yeah, I can actually stream with taht resolution but it gets laggy abit when I play but in stream it lags like crazy.
안녕하소~
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
March 06 2011 14:15 GMT
#4
I have a better CPU and GPU than you, and I can't stream at 1080p 20fps without lag, so I would say it's probably impossible unless you upgrade, sorry. =\

I imagine the bottleneck is in the GPU; my GTX460 can't handle it, I think you'd need a 560 or SLI setup. If someone proves me wrong, I'd be thrilled, because I also would love to stream at 1080p.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Goodseed
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)270 Posts
March 06 2011 14:20 GMT
#5
Why is changing resolution cause so much trouble?
안녕하소~
Vearo
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada168 Posts
March 06 2011 14:23 GMT
#6
Changing the output resolution increases strain on the CPU to process the images, and increases the amount of bandwidth needed since the images sent are larger.

Also, is your processor at stock speeds?
"Smooth as Pie" - Day[9]
Goodseed
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)270 Posts
March 06 2011 14:26 GMT
#7
what do you mean? when I have my music, starcraft, and xsplit broadcaster running, it says I'm only using 60percent of my physical memory in task manager and barely any cpu usage. I have 1.5 upload and 18 down and tried to stream at 1.0 mb and .5 with 1080p
안녕하소~
Vearo
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada168 Posts
March 06 2011 14:40 GMT
#8
I was going under the assumption that your processor was choking with trying to output the information. I guess that's not the case.

Just out of curiosity, what's your playback window size in XSplit (%)? I seem to recall that lowering that window size could reduce lag.
"Smooth as Pie" - Day[9]
Vincere
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States298 Posts
March 06 2011 14:43 GMT
#9
1mb upload? Don't waste your time switching to 1080p... 720 will give you plenty of quality. Stream quality is 90% upload, 10% resolution
Goodseed
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)270 Posts
March 06 2011 14:43 GMT
#10
its at the lowest, 10percent.
안녕하소~
Zilver
Profile Joined December 2008
Finland282 Posts
March 06 2011 14:47 GMT
#11
You're trying to stream 1080p with a 1,5mbps upload speed? That's why the video stream is choppy. your upload can't handle the bandwidth from xsplit.
1a2a3a iWin
Goodseed
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)270 Posts
March 06 2011 14:51 GMT
#12
how much upload speed will you need? I don't see why they need so much more bandwidth from 720 to 1080.
안녕하소~
Kokosaft
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany172 Posts
March 06 2011 14:55 GMT
#13
its actually an increase of around 3/7 => ~40% in resolution - means increased upload as well
Vearo
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada168 Posts
March 06 2011 14:56 GMT
#14
I don't have XSplit on this computer, but is there an intermediate resolution you can try and see if you still have lag? Something around 1800x900?

I am running out of ideas :/
"Smooth as Pie" - Day[9]
HellGreen
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark1146 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-06 15:00:18
March 06 2011 14:57 GMT
#15
I use almost 1 mbit/s upload when streaming in 720p (@30 FPS). Streaming in 1080p requires more than the double in bandwith plus additional CPU cycles!

Calculation:
1280*720=921.600 pixels/frame
1920*1080=2.073.600 pixels/frame

Btw. you say, you can't see the CPU stress in Task Manager. Did you look at the cores, not the "accumulated" graph? Windows doesn't just even out the stress between cores - if one core is at 100% you are maxing out. Granted there are ways to even out the stress using affinities, but it requires that the software (ie. FME/XSplit) support it.

I just don't think you got the bandwith or hardware for it, sorry! With 1.5 mbit/s upload you still need a little wiggle room (say 1 mbit for video, 0,1 for audio, 0,1 for SC2 => 1,2 used).

I've read about 1080p streams that has 4 mbit/s upload behind it (I think it was TeamLiquidTV or GosuCoachingTV). And btw. 720p is very watchable (at 30FPS), 1080p is like similar to ingame graphics in crispness. You are shooting for the stars
Free to do whatever I want!
Goodseed
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)270 Posts
March 06 2011 15:03 GMT
#16
Thanks the clarifying everything HellGreen, I will just try to upgrade my upload speed.
안녕하소~
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
March 06 2011 15:11 GMT
#17
I'm not convinced that upload speed is really the issue. I use Comcast's upgraded internet package and I get 3-5mbit/s to servers across the country, my upload speed is very quick, and I cannot come close to supporting 1080p...it's like a slideshow. 720p runs fine.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Honeybadger
Profile Joined August 2010
United States821 Posts
March 29 2011 02:15 GMT
#18
I'm not sure what causes it either. I try to stream 1080p. Never break 60% CPU or memory usage (6gb ram, 4.3ghz i7)

I have 12mbps up and 60 down. It chops and hangs as well.
"I like to tape my thumbs to my hands to see what it would be like to be a dinosaur."
Battousai13
Profile Joined September 2010
United States638 Posts
March 29 2011 02:21 GMT
#19
Why are you streaming at 1080p when your native resolution is only 1680 x 1050? That seems really counterintuitive.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 200
ProTech13
Lowko4
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1507
Larva 924
Horang2 700
BeSt 580
Hyuk 441
soO 404
ZerO 241
EffOrt 240
Zeus 165
Rush 85
[ Show more ]
Stork 70
Killer 63
Shinee 55
Light 46
Mind 36
Mong 27
ToSsGirL 26
Yoon 22
Bale 22
Terrorterran 22
PianO 20
Sacsri 17
HiyA 8
Dota 2
XaKoH 665
XcaliburYe310
Counter-Strike
byalli895
Other Games
singsing1507
olofmeister1376
ceh9692
crisheroes212
Livibee187
ArmadaUGS62
Mew2King60
ZerO(Twitch)8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH336
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2288
League of Legends
• Jankos1862
• Stunt403
Other Games
• WagamamaTV79
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
1h 9m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 9m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.