• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:39
CEST 13:39
KST 20:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10391 users

[Interview] 2010-10-23 SKT vs Hite Winners

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-23 20:57:07
October 23 2010 18:33 GMT
#1
SKT crushes hite 4:1 in an .... interesting fashion
LR thread

Bisu

[image loading]


Q: You're on a three game winning streak; how does that feel?
A: I haven't earned a three game streak in a long time, so I'm really happy, and it feels very magical. I'll work hard and keep winning.

Q: It looks like you've recovered your feel for PvZ.
A: Last season, during critical points, I always went on losing steaks, but now I've regained some of my confidence. PvZ was always one of my strong matchups, and I often use instinct in PvZ games, so I was able to do well today.

Q: What are your thoughts on the games: were they relaxed?
A: Once I found out the enemy's tech, I had a timing window. I used Zealots and Corsairs [T/N thanks seRapH] to scout, which happened to meet the enemy. From there, it was a comfortable victory.

Q: Usually, you get sent out on a certain predetermined map. However, you've switched around a lot this season. Why?
A: I prepared for a lot of maps, but right now I'm still analyzing to see which maps are good and which are bad. However, I haven't lost yet, so it's very hard to tell which maps are bad (haha). If we get to SWL, I hope to have played each map a little. Last season, I only played Fighting Spirit, so when we got to SWL, I was terrified. (haha) At least for now, apparently there aren't any terrible, terrible maps; they seem to all be playable for Protoss. Overall, it's much better than last season.

Q: Even though you like all the maps, which one would you be most satisfied playing on?
A: Well, the fans want me to play on Aztec (because in Korean, Aztec has the "taek" sound from my name), but right now I really feel they maps are about the same. Right now, I still want to wait and see.

Q: Are you getting used to the Bo7 format?
A: Our team has some really outstanding players, so we can assign players to the maps pretty well. For our team, this is a boon. From my personal standpoint, daytime games like today's aren't so bad, but during evening games I feel a little sleepy. I'm tired, hungry, and if we start at 7:30 PM, we could be playing until 1:00 AM [T/N wtf] Two TvTs, maybe throw in a draw game, that thought is really frightening. I'm also worried for the fans who come to spectate. After midnight, there aren't any subways (haha).

Q: In your match with Woongjin, who do you wish to play?
A: Nobody in particular. When I was a rookie, my opponent was selected, but recently I don't care so much. No matter who I play, I have to strive for victory.

Q: Any final comments?
A: In our match with Woongjin, I will definitely aim for victory.



Soo, S2, Kwanro

[image loading]

they couldn't help but include bisu in the photo too


[T/N holy god this is the most awesomest interview i've ever translated]

Q: How do you feel about your combined might earning the team a victory?
Soo: The team atmosphere is going to explode; this type of feeling is awesome.
S2: This was my first game this season. I was a bit worried, but I'm glad to bring home my opening success.
Kwanro: Not bad~ (haha). The others already said what I had to say, so I don't have much left.

Q: The Z line is in a winning streak [T/N 6 games combined]; what kind of mystical changes did you guys work in the offseason?
S2: Once Kwanro arrived, we were worried about our jobs, so we practiced heavily. Thanks, Kwanro~
Soo: Same as s2.
Kwanro: Man, you two sound drunk (haha). Everyone talking of me so highly makes me overjoyed. When I changed teams, everyone was really nice to me, so I adjusted quickly, so I have to thank the team as well. At night, my roommates s2 and Best and I like to talk before sleeping, so thanks to them as well. Before the season ends, we will always be worried, so I'll work hard too. Hyuk didn't make an appearance today, but I think with his current condition if he goes up at all he's guaranteed a win, so I respectfully ask the fans to await that.

Q: Your roomate Best said you guys of the Z always like to play by yourselves.
S2: On night 1, he just listened to us talk; after two days we started playing together.
Kwanro: I don't know, but maybe it's because I'm talkative. Best only says what he needs to. But I feel he's getting used to us, and I hope in the future our relationship will be better.

Q: In game 1, you (Soo) exhibited uncommon force; have you made improvements?
Soo: Last season, I was especially confident in my air control. In the offseason, I practiced ZvT heavily, and I felt more confident there too. On this map, I felt like I would face a T, and I had practiced well, so I wasn't worried.

Q: How did you feel about today's game?
S2: The positions I had to hold were pretty far apart. I know most zergs like to 12hatch [T/N thanks Kyuukyuu], and I feel like my opponent thought that way too. But I didn't play as he expected. In fact, I had a whole other set of strategies prepared, and apparently that helped a lot. My execution [T/N not sure if this means execution or control] was artistic (haha).

Q: Usually, you are also one to care about the execution
S2: I usually practice that a lot, so at least I have something to be proud of.

Q: You (Kwanro) earned the clinching victory.
Kwanro: It was a mirror matchup, nothing difficult, so there isn't much to say. I used zerglings smoothly, and it went well, and I thought I was in control from there. Once I got mutas, I had a few more than my opponent, so I also had a mental advantage.

Q: Season goal? (s2)
S2: Last season, I earned 10 wins, so this season my goal is 20 wins. Last season, I didn't win much in R5, but this season I want to play well the whole way through and strive for the most victories. But for the moment, I want to hit 20 wins.

Q: Your team doesn't have a weak race, and your races have to compete with each other for appearances. But the Z line has a lot of appearances.
Kwanro: Right now, it might be too soon to speak, since we've only played three matches. Once we reach SWL and have played more, we can talk about that. Our team doesn't really care about that much; the players practice on their own and improve their conditions while awaiting opportunities to play.

Q: Your next game with Woongjin is a clash of titans.
Soo: Woongjin is actually a team I like, and I've analyzed them thoroughly as well. I think we can anticipate it highly.
S2: Woongjin has been pretty fearsome last week, but we're not pushovers either. I don't know what kind of match we'll play, but I know it'll be exciting. In order to beat them [T/N not sure] we'll work hard in practice.
Kwanro: We are SKT, so winning is natural. I feel like this upcoming match is even more important than today's, so looking long-term is more critical than trying to get to #1 immediately.

Q: You're (Kwanro) going to face your old team; are you worried?
A: I really don't consider that at all; in fact, I'm even more relaxed because of it. Last season, I already had the experience of facing an old team, so in my mind I am only thinking "If I play well, it'll be fine."

Q: Anything else?
Soo: Hyuk fighting (haha)!
S2: Hyuk is about to draw his sword, everyone be careful.
Kwanro: You two fighting, and I'll be careful. Only one of us needs to be careful (haha).

source: http://www.playsc.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=216003&extra=page=1


Translator:3
ii.blitzkrieg
Profile Joined November 2006
Canada1122 Posts
October 23 2010 18:36 GMT
#2
Pirates = Corsairs lol...

Thanks for the translations
iloveoov / Flash / Fantasy / Midas / Boxer -BW forever
fly.stat
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States449 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-23 18:39:47
October 23 2010 18:39 GMT
#3
On October 24 2010 03:33 infinitestory wrote:
Bisu
However, I haven't lost yet, so it's very hard to tell which maps are bad (haha).


XD

I love you Bisu. Hopefully you can stay on track all year and give Flash and Jaedong some competition.
Until I write you again, take care of your precious person.
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
October 23 2010 18:42 GMT
#4
XX= zealots
Pirates = corsairs

corsairs definition are pirates lol
Bisu vs Zero! would be awesome!!!
(can't wait for zerg interviews, should be lol, and thanks!)
boomer hands
KinosJourney2
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Sweden1811 Posts
October 23 2010 18:42 GMT
#5
I thought CJ Hite would rape SKT (even though they are my fav team) so i voted on them in Liquidbet. Im such an idiot to have doubted SKT
ocho wrote: EDIT: NEVERMIND, THIS THING HAS APM TECHNOLOGY OMG
infinitestory
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4053 Posts
October 23 2010 18:55 GMT
#6
On October 24 2010 03:42 seRapH wrote:
XX= zealots
Pirates = corsairs

corsairs definition are pirates lol
Bisu vs Zero! would be awesome!!!
(can't wait for zerg interviews, should be lol, and thanks!)

osssum, thank you too

also, the zerg interviews are the most ridiculous thing ever; you're right to anticipate them
Translator:3
Ursadon-n-Pals
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States928 Posts
October 23 2010 19:32 GMT
#7
Q: Anything else?
Soo: Hyuk fighting (haha)!
S2: Hyuk is about to draw his sword, everyone be careful.
Kwanro: You two fighting, and I'll be careful. Only one of us needs to be careful (haha).


Man the SKT Zergs are in such a good mood now and it sounds like Hyuk has become godly ^_^

Thanks for the interview!
Nothing worth having comes easy.
FractalsOnFire
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1756 Posts
October 23 2010 19:35 GMT
#8
LOL that picture looks soooooo gaaaayyyy xD

But man SKT Zergs are owning, 6-1 O_O
soujiro_
Profile Joined June 2010
Uruguay5195 Posts
October 23 2010 19:45 GMT
#9
cool answers from skt zergs
ace hwaiting!!
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
October 23 2010 19:49 GMT
#10
I hope someone gets Hyuk'd next match.
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
LuckyMacro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1482 Posts
October 23 2010 19:50 GMT
#11
Hyuk fighggggtttingggg!!!
deafhobbit
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States828 Posts
October 23 2010 19:50 GMT
#12
Hyuk needs more hype. Can't wait to see him play.
I cheer for underdogs and Flash
Imbu
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States903 Posts
October 23 2010 19:52 GMT
#13
SKT1 zergs winning! I'm so glad that Kwanro switching has had such a positive effect on them.
Now I just have to wait for Hyuk to return and starting pwning.

And the zergs going 6-1 (with the only loss from Flash) is so impressive when you think that last season, SKT1 zergs were just free wins for the other team.
@DreamingBird
SlayerS_BunkiE
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada1717 Posts
October 23 2010 19:52 GMT
#14
awesome! thanks for the translation!

i love the last words of skt zergs!!!! hyuk will draw his sword... it's really hilarious! too much pressure for the captain hyuk already. hope he'll have an appearance against woongjin and win! hyuk fighting!!!
iloveby.SlayerS_BunkiE[Shield]
vectorix108
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States4633 Posts
October 23 2010 19:55 GMT
#15
really cool interview. good to see great chemistry with the zerg line
Aka XephyR/Shaneyesss
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
October 23 2010 19:58 GMT
#16
S2 and BeSt are roomies?! awwwww

oh kwanro's with them too. ITS GOING TO BE THE ROOM OF OSL RO8 PLAYERS.

i want to see hyuk's face as he finds out they said this :3
boomer hands
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
October 23 2010 20:00 GMT
#17
SKT Zergs hwaiting!

The world shall tremble before Hyuk's might.
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
October 23 2010 20:05 GMT
#18
Seems like the acquisition of Kwanro has really lifted team spirit. Thanks for translating, the interview was so cool ^^
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
October 23 2010 20:14 GMT
#19
lol Hyuk hype!!!!!!

This was a funny interview, thanks for translation
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
integral
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3161 Posts
October 23 2010 20:26 GMT
#20
thanks for translating!
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 658
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs AqueroN
CranKy Ducklings176
CranKy Ducklings SOOP22
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24473
Shuttle 11022
FanTaSy 1867
Hyuk 978
Horang2 576
BeSt 510
Mini 312
Stork 270
Pusan 239
EffOrt 154
[ Show more ]
Last 139
Killer 135
Zeus 118
Mind 92
ggaemo 74
Hyun 59
sorry 54
PianO 45
Snow 38
ToSsGirL 37
Sea.KH 36
Bale 31
Hm[arnc] 28
JYJ 26
Aegong 21
zelot 15
Sacsri 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe339
Dendi8
Counter-Strike
fl0m2184
byalli951
x6flipin306
Other Games
gofns31362
singsing2834
B2W.Neo735
ArmadaUGS84
Mew2King62
Hui .35
Livibee28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick669
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 8
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 21m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 21m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 21m
Replay Cast
11h 21m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 21m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 21m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.